Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,016 members, 7,970,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 09:03 PM

Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy (31308 Views)

Ladies: Whenever You Catch Your Guy Cheating On U. Do This (PIX) / ~ladies: Reasons Why Your Guy Dumps You For Other Girls~ / Ladies How Do You Control Your Guy In A Situation Of Konji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
ITbomb: How about a guy leave his gf n start toasting the gf's friend and she accept saying that her friend (the guy's bf) was not good enough for the guy .
Some girls are just fishbrains, they will never learn
out of point.
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Iaz93: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
O$inachi101%:
If u really luv ur girl u should b able 2 sacrifice 4 her, every tin shldnt be within ur comfort zone. Ha feelins matters to and so also goes for d ladies
ehn?! Sacrifice what?? Watching football?! Playing ball?
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Sheenor: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
Naomixy: If a guy really loves a girl, there should be nothing he can't do for her. And a girl should be able to adjust to make d guy happy. He can't be the only one making sacrifices. Shikena
as much as am kinda futbal buff grin and beer guzzler grin grin I stil spend much tym wit ma gurl......if I wanna watch ball nd she's not interested...I let her change da channel and watch it 2geda.....grin grin grin grin
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
Man was created to change constantly
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Afam4eva(m): 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

There are some crazy peeps in this world.

I'm sure after he threw his wife off, he must have also thrown his tv outside too, out of frustration of his team loosing, followed by himself.
I threw his wife off in the spur of the moment. Maybe if he had the time to calm down, he wouldn't but his love for football and the overbearing nature of his wife led him to commit the abominable.
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by cashkid1g(m): 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
4clique: Am sure every girl in a serious relationship can identify with some of the things am about to say here. Usually we meet our guy and fall in love and everything seems perfect. We are in heaven except for one tiny little thing .Initially it is a tiny little thing but that tiny little thing is really not that tiny because it is the only thing that makes our happiness not so complete. Initially we try to ignore it and try to live with it. But with the passage of time it becomes not such a little thing anymore and we cannot ignore it any more –then we begin to attempt to do what we have been told several times never to do in a relationship. We begin to attempt to change him. Take it from me; it is a very harrowing experience. It would leave you exhausted and miserable except you try to get over the fact that you can never cure him of that thing. Am not talking of his ever forgetting to lift the toilet seat to pee or never cleaning up after himself. Here are some specific things in my opinion I think you will have a miserable time trying to cure your guy of.

If he is a football buff, forget it. No way is he going to leave his football for you. It is not possible. Just plan your life around his football fanaticism. Just get used to watching his sports Channels when you would rather be watching something else. Let him have his football and all the things that go with it. He has to watch all the matches of his club side with his friends of course and he expects you to come along. Lord help you if you hate football. Just go along and pray his club side wins each time they play. If he is too into his club you have to learn also to cope with his depression or anger tantrums if his club side doesn’t win.

If he is a beer guzzler you can’t change that easily .My friend simply told me ‘I drink’ right from the very first few conversations I had with him. “Everybody in my family drinks” and he told me clearly “Don’t go there.” I love you but things I can never change for you is- cut my hair or not drink my beer or change my religion so don’t even try. You catch my drift. If you drink beer yourself, the best you can do is agree with him that both of you never go beyond a certain number of bottles or cans at each sitting. Nothing would ever appeal to him more than his cold sweating bottle of beer not even choice wine. Trust me I know.

This might sound rather strange but it is happening. If your guy Still goes frequently to his mom for his meals, to pay many of his bills, to get his laundry done etc then your guy is a mummy’s boy. You are going to have a tough time getting him to leave this comfort zone and grow up. Expect lots of issues because he is going to seek his mother’s approval for everything. He must seek approval from his mom before he even gets to be very serious with you on anything. He dates only women his mum like. He is likely to break with you any time if the relationship between you and his mum change. You can’t come between a man and his mommy no matter how old he is. She will always make him feel guilty if he does something she does not want. He will always want to please his mother.

If he is a couch potato you probably cannot change him. A couch potato is a person who spends much time sitting or lying down usually watching television or reading. In other words a couch potato is a lazy person. He may not want to do anything else after work or during weekends but just lay on the settee and surf channels or chat with his online friends .Getting him to get up to get some certain things done will always be an uphill task. There will always be lots of friction between the two of you from conflict of interest especially if you are choleric and like getting a lot of things done. The best you can do is to join him on some days you have less to do and just stay around doing nothing but eat snacks and watch television as a bribe for him to join you in something else more interesting to you.

A woman said I have been in a relationship for years, with a mama’s boy, couch potato and sports freak wrapped in one. She says “ your guy will always be as you see him now so open your eyes, wake up, he will never change….he can’t change he will only become more of what he is. If you don’t like what you see move on.” I think she has hit the nail on the head.

www.4clique.com/blog
too long to read.i gv up sad
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by drlaykay(m): 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
Miss a chelsea match to stay with my girl is what I would do happily

Though once in 3yrs

1 Like

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Idowuogbo(f): 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
yuzedo: I clicked on the thread, first thing i noticed was "Am" rather than "I'm", nna, i just stop to dey read. undecided
Werey! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Sheenor: 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2013
cashkid1g: too long to read.i gv up sad
yuh quote all dis 2 say dat......Ω̴̩̩̩̥α wa for yuh Ooº°°ºoo grin
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by kceemart(f): 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2013
yuzedo: I clicked on the thread, first thing i noticed was "Am" rather than "I'm", nna, i just stop to dey read. undecided
Leave wetin dem write 4 motor enter motor.

4 Likes

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2013
austushi1:

U don't like watching football!
I do. Not just a fanatic.
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Mavor: 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
Naomixy: If a guy really loves a girl, there should be nothing he can't do for her. And a girl should be able to adjust to make d guy happy. He can't be the only one making sacrifices. Shikena
Unfortunately most 9ja ladies dont see it this way
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by yuzedo: 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
demelza: grin Pedantic much?
Its an interesting read.
More Pedagogic than pedantic! grin wink Pet peeve of mine, that am/i'm issue. angry And personal judge of intellect. undecided

Anyway, matter aside, Demelza, why won't you gimme what i seek from you, you $%&@ midget?!?! angry Its just punny, c'mon.. I'll pay. Plis. cry angry
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Sheenor: 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
Mavor: Unfortunately most 9ja ladies dont see it this way
exactly!
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by CzarChris(m): 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
1st of I hate football. So am free of number one.
The only me here is that I'm a conc mama's boy, as in hardcore mama's boy. So if I take you to see my mum, then your definitely wife candidate, but if... I no talk o!
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by YoshiMaster: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
I threw his wife off in the spur of the moment. Maybe if he had the time to calm down, he wouldn't but his love for football and the overbearing nature of his wife led him to commit the abominable.

Lol, not to worry, the guy will have eons to calm down in a prison cell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by martowskin1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2013

no body is talking about love here miss .....thou shall not be deceived, if u can't cope with all u see around d guy, y not advice ur self and leave....save ur self from plenty "u don't love me cry"
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by tellwisdom: 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
Any woman who sits in front of my t.v all day, owes me an uppercut on the JAW angry

1 Like

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by 3Dimension: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
What if he is nairalander addict.?
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Lordlexyy: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
What is robost in a relationship if you have a spouse who wouldn't give room for adjustment? Boys will always be boys, but maturity and taken into consideration the feeling of your partner is the key. That doesn't mean everything the op posted is wrong, it is subjected to individual interpretation, which ever way, being moderate in one's obssession is the key to successful relationships. NOTE: Ladies stop forcing every of your likes and donts on your men. Respect, patience and tolerance is power.

1 Like

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by nonxo007(m): 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
jmoore: Football? No way! Please, better get used to it because owing a football club is in my plans. Owing?....:-/

Beer? I dislike beer, I can't recall drinking beer at any point in my life. I'm good with a malt drink. smiley
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by nerodenero: 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
If he is a football buff, forget it. No way is he going to leave his football for you. It is not possible. Just plan your life around his football fanaticism. Just get used to watching his sports Channels when you would rather be watching something else. Let him have his football and all the things that go with it. He has to watch all the matches of his club side with his friends of course and he expects you to come along. Lord help you if you hate football. Just go along and pray his club side wins each time they play. If he is too into his club you have to learn also to cope with his depression or anger tantrums if his club side doesn’t win.
This is me grin grin grin and I am not ready to change the above.
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by cashkid1g(m): 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
Sheenor: yuh quote all dis 2 say dat......Ω̴̩̩̩̥α wa for yuh Ooº°°ºoo grin
wetin i go type again wen i no evn read am
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
sexkillz: I do. Not just a fanatic.

Can ur girl or wife, make u not to watch a crucial match? Betterstill, can u forgo a crucial match, just to pls ur girl/wife?(Mayb ogugua!)
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by demelza: 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
yuzedo:
More Pedagogic than pedantic! grin wink Pet peeve of mine, that am/i'm issue. angry And personal judge of intellect. undecided

Anyway, matter aside, Demelza, why won't you gimme what i seek from you, you $%&@ midget?!?! angry Its just punny, c'mon.. I'll pay. Plis. cry angry
Try your luck elsewhere. I dont dig Banana iceland dudes. tongue
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
@OP
life is not about changing people, it is about accepting them and working together to be better as a unit/family.

one of the first issue here, is you have to remember that some deluded women out there, meet a guy and expects to change him into who they dream of him to be, and thats NOT POSSIBLE......so the minute women realise that fact, is the day they will have a better chance at marital success.

as for your points:
- there is nothing wrong with having a hobby....being a football fan is just as important to men as women and their shopping. why would anyone try to stop someone from being happy. these hobbies makes people HAPPY and thats very important in r/ships. instead of trying to STOP someone from enjoying them, you should find ways to work with it, around it. remember that a football match could always be recorded and played later, so it's all down to priorities in life. if your child is seriously sick and your man still wants to go and watch the footie then pls divorce that animal asap!

- being an alcoholic is wrong on all accounts, and definitely counter productive for the wellbeing of a family..... an alcoholic CAN and SHOULD be changed, as we all know that there is NO FUTURE with such a man/woman.

- men that still get attached to their mothers for whatever you wrote is because they have no one to provide the care that their mother does...the minute their partner provides such, there is NO REASON for a man to go do such stuff DAILY at his mother. he can still go to his mother once in a while (loving ones mother is still not illegal, right?) but the main point is that his partner would now do all the chores. that he requires.

- a couch potato CAN and SHOULD be changed, whether man or woman. most are lazy and have nothing better/exciting else to do. the minute you put something fun and exciting (to them) to do, then they will change. expecting them to suddenly change for no damn reason is a joke, to say the least!

the most important point here also is that you shouldnt try to change these points after 10yrs of marriage, but right away when you meet that person, and let them know from the get go that there are many alternatives.trying to remove something from a person's life, without bringing any alternatives to the table, will have anyone fail miserably!!

6 Likes

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by isahamusa(m): 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
4clique: Am sure every girl in a serious relationship can identify with some of the things am about to say here. Usually we meet our guy and fall in love and everything seems perfect. We are in heaven except for one tiny little thing .Initially it is a tiny little thing but that tiny little thing is really not that tiny because it is the only thing that makes our happiness not so complete. Initially we try to ignore it and try to live with it. But with the passage of time it becomes not such a little thing anymore and we cannot ignore it any more –then we begin to attempt to do what we have been told several times never to do in a relationship. We begin to attempt to change him. Take it from me; it is a very harrowing experience. It would leave you exhausted and miserable except you try to get over the fact that you can never cure him of that thing. Am not talking of his ever forgetting to lift the toilet seat to pee or never cleaning up after himself. Here are some specific things in my opinion I think you will have a miserable time trying to cure your guy of.

If he is a beer guzzler you can’t change that easily .My friend simply told me ‘I drink’ right from the very first few conversations I had with him. “Everybody in my family drinks” and he told me clearly “Don’t go there.” I love you but things I can never change for you is- cut my hair or not drink my beer or change my religion so don’t even try. You catch my drift. If you drink beer yourself, the best you can do is agree with him that both of you never go beyond a certain number of bottles or cans at each sitting. Nothing would ever appeal to him more than his cold sweating bottle of beer not even choice wine. Trust me I know.

This might sound rather strange but it is happening. If your guy Still goes frequently to his mom for his meals, to pay many of his bills, to get his laundry done etc then your guy is a mummy’s boy. You are going to have a tough time getting him to leave this comfort zone and grow up. Expect lots of issues because he is going to seek his mother’s approval for everything. He must seek approval from his mom before he even gets to be very serious with you on anything. He dates only women his mum like. He is likely to break with you any time if the relationship between you and his mum change. You can’t come between a man and his mommy no matter how old he is. She will always make him feel guilty if he does something she does not want. He will always want to please his mother.

If he is a couch potato you probably cannot change him. A couch potato is a person who spends much time sitting or lying down usually watching television or reading. In other words a couch potato is a lazy person. He may not want to do anything else after work or during weekends but just lay on the settee and surf channels or chat with his online friends .Getting him to get up to get some certain things done will always be an uphill task. There will always be lots of friction between the two of you from conflict of interest especially if you are choleric and like getting a lot of things done. The best you can do is to join him on some days you have less to do and just stay around doing nothing but eat snacks and watch television as a bribe for him to join you in something else more interesting to you.

A woman said I have been in a relationship for years, with a mama’s boy, couch potato and sports freak wrapped in one. She says “ your guy will always be as you see him now so open your eyes, wake up, he will never change….he can’t change he will only become more of what he is. If you don’t like what you see move on.” I think she has hit the nail on the head.

www.4clique.com/blog
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2013
fifa uder 17: Tun VS RUS. Enjoy ur lunch at wrk.
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Fayrouzz(m): 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
I love football... If u re ma gal, jst accept football as ur rival.. cheesy
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by sweetestguy(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
Frying my hair, watching football,pressing my navel,rejectin rubbish food, only GOD can change these things in my life. grin
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Parisfran(f): 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
[quote author=4clique

www.4clique.com/blog[/quote]

I don't like the way the above sounds. Please if you have been in that relationship for over 3years. Mama's boy is just wasting your time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by SONFGOD12: 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
Change is a constant thing,and everyone adapts to it once it comes their way..''i can't change i can't change" is when change is not yet in sight..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guy And Lady Do Crazy Dance That Got People Slamming Them / How To Make A Man Propose – Reno Omokri / Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.