Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,895 members, 7,980,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 06:41 AM

Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 (30635 Views)

2015 Election Debate/Town Hall Meeting, APC Not Represented! / Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates / Anambra Governorship Election Debate On AIT On Oct 29th And 31st 2013. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Youngzedd(m): 8:57am On Oct 27, 2013
naptu2: Willie Obiano asks Ngige:

Is it true, some say you are not qualified to be governor because you don't have a family, you went to a shrine and you've not sponsored any bill for your constituents.

Ngige: maybe they don't have tv or they are blind, but I came to church with my wife. She is a professional woman. She's a medical doctor. She's very busy. Right now she's representing Nigeria in South Africa. One of my sons is affected by ASUU strike, the other is a medical doctor.

Regarding the shrine issue. Jesus Christ was taken to the mountain top by the devil and the devil said that Jesus should worship him and Jesus said NO.

Hail!!! Onwa.

I like the reply.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Youngzedd(m): 9:00am On Oct 27, 2013
naptu2: Question to Obiano:

Is it true that you are being funded by the current government (via bonds).

Obiano: If you know about financial instruments, you'll know that it's impossible to use bonds to fund campaign.

Rubbish response.

In 9ja anything can become possible over night.

Corruption.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 27, 2013
fellory:

Young man Anambra's igr hovers around N350m monthly.3 times lower than Osun state's 1.5b.He is only saying Anambra has a potential to do more.See link below

anambra state monthly igr - Google Search

http://www.google.com/search?client=ms-rim&hl=en&q=anambra%20state%20monthly%20igr&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&channel=browser

Brother thank you for putting a sword to that guy's Blind Bartimeus mannerism

It is utterly ridiculous for Anambra to still be generating between N350/400m per month with about 4million plus population which translates to just N100 per head per month despite all the economic activities going on in the state both formal and informal

It is either the IGR receipts are being under declared(which I believe is the case) or the Govt is patently lazy to block all the loopholes and revenue drain pipes being exploited hence leaving just about anyone to feed fat on what should have been used to developed the state

It will not be surprising if I hear that Anambra is clocking N5billion per month if all loopholes are blocked using centralized revenue generation and remitances technology like Oracle,SAP and others
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Youngzedd(m): 9:07am On Oct 27, 2013
NRI PRIEST: Ngige is a fraud and his association with apc made things worse. He stole Anambra mandate and set us back two yrs. He was never duely elected as a governor and he is one of the reason why Anambra is still where it is, today. I m getting unease and I can't wait for Anambra to put his political career to rest.

Uncle you can lie Ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by bestview: 9:10am On Oct 27, 2013
Jenkizo: From the debate so far, some issues can be deduced which are as follows; (1) Obiano lied completely about Anambra IGR which means that he and Obi are hidding something from Anambra people cos if the IGR of Enugu state canbe N1.8billion then is the guy putting anambra figure at N600-N700million. Only Onitsha and Nnewi alone can generate N1.6billion. From Obiano's lies, it shows that Obi has story to tell Anambra people after his tenue. (2) Ngige is well grounded in governance of Anambra state. He won the debate clearly. (3) Obi has lied to Anambra people about fake minimum wage implimentation. APGA in Anambra is a farc. They are using Ojukwu's image to loot the state. (4) Anambra people should stop being brainwash and change Government and party for the good of the peoiple. (5) Ngige has being a governor before he knows Tinubu or Buhari so, the idea of being in APC should not be a yardstick to vote for truth, development and emancipation of the people of Anambra state. (6) it is worthy of note that alot of water has passed under the bridge during Obi's administration most especially the recently completed one of the biggest shopping mall in Nigeria built by Obi in Abuja with Anmabra tax payers money. Anambra people should not be deceived by all ethnic jingoism to vote against Ngige. Without fear or favour, the man is what Anambra need right now to pilot the affairs of the state. Ngige has exposed alot of things in Anmabra that the people are ignorant about. Obiano does not have the rapport and experience to rule Anambra rather, he is being fronted by Obi to continue the looting spree and make Anambra a one party state. All well meaning Anambra people should resist the imposition of Obiano on the good people of Anambra state. I rest my case. Ngige will rule well, please vote him into office.

[b]
I don't really know why these yorobass will think that they know Ngige more than we do? Why are guys so much love Anambrans now, if not because your Islamic party is involved? Lemme ask you, was ngige exposed when Ubas fronted him? Ngige is too desperate because his past pact with the Ubas who installed him is dreadful. I worked with Ngige around 2004, personally I do not have problem with him. The only thing that will cost Ngige this election is APC identity. He is dining with wrong people, retired criminals and extremists- Tininu, Buhari etc.

Peter Obi remains the best gov coming out of Anambra since creation. He has touched all aspects of the state without borrowing a dime. Today Anambra has the best road network traversing the entire states and communities. Anambra has a healthy financial conditon, Anambra is the least indebted state in Nigeria. Anambra has been coming tops for past 7years now in JAMB, NECO/WAEC, Unity schools etc. All the schools in Anambra has buses, equipped lab and libraries for academic enhancement. Health is receiving huge boast too. My happiness is that Obi did all these magic without borrowing a dime. Today Anambra is among the top performing states in Nigeria in the areas of education, healthcare, attraction FDIs, rural/urban development. etc

The coming of Obiano as technocrat will take Anambra to the next level.[/b]
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Youngzedd(m): 9:11am On Oct 27, 2013
Obiano has nothing to offer.

The last time I listened to his speech on STV. It was bullsh1t response.

Say NO to Obiano and Obi.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by ACM10: 9:12am On Oct 27, 2013
info@lpf:
Senator Ngige showed up almost 30 minutes late for a nationally televised debate! If it was a job interview, I would have shown him the door!
I don't know about you all, but to me that is disorganized, at best, incredibly disrespectful at worst!
Either way it is unacceptable, under any circumstance, from a Chief Executive candidate.

SMH.

As an Ngige supporter, I'm in support of your comment. His lateness shows disrespect for the debate organizers and the constituted authority by extension. He has no reason to arrive at the debate venue late. Telling us that it took him 90 minutes to travel from Onitsha to Awka is rather insulting to our sensibilities. The journey can never take 45 minutes and we all know it. His attitude is irresponsible at best.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by divinegiftmodel: 9:14am On Oct 27, 2013
ACM10:

****falls from okada*****

Ngige no kill me abeg grin grin grin
phd in music? musicians rejoice for ur light is come
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by ACM10: 9:14am On Oct 27, 2013
ifyalways: lol
Ngige get "sharp and bad " mouth.

I expected someone from yhe audience to have used the opportunity to ask him where and when he ever practiced medicine

Ngige was the former head of the state hospital.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 27, 2013
nyabingi:

You advised Ngige to contest under PDP,the same party that is gasping for breath at the moment and a party that does not allow their brilliant and best candidates who are independent-minded to taste power without being teleguided in a Godfather-like situation?

Are you refering to brilliant and best candidates like Atiku?

Brotherly, I was referring to Anambra as a case study. That as obviously gifted in human and material resources as Anambra state is.....PDP as a party alongside those who claimed to be leaders of the party in Anambra state and who obviously have the ears of the powers that be at the Federal have shown times without number that they can't stand anybody who is smart,sound,brilliant,visionary and clear-thinking. Not even until Ngige called their bluff,his inate ability and leadership acumen would have been forever buried under the suffocating effect of Godfatherism

Even a Prof Soludo obviously wouldnt have fared better if he was being supported by a Godfather. The last time he was given the ticket was because of the straight access he had with Aso Rock then...an access which he no longer enjoys

But am afraid,Ndi Anambra may yet travel this road to Golgotha of Godfatherism again if Obi succeeds in foisting an obviously unprepared and administratively deficient Willie Obiano on a state as sophisticated as Anambra
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by davidugotex(m): 9:25am On Oct 27, 2013
Anybody who has links to the debate video should pls drop it.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by docadams: 9:34am On Oct 27, 2013
NGIGE!
The greatest politician of the 4th replubic in Anambra nay Nigeria.
The pint-sized man who showed that size is not might.
The man who showed that a strong will can triumph over any assemblage of evil forces.
The man who showed that the welfare of the people is more important than the parochial interests of a cabal no matter the role played by the later in ones enthronement.
The man who showed that even the most powerful 'juju' will reverse itself in the face of good deeds.
The man who emancipated the common man in Anambra from years of political apathy and consequently enslavement.

NGIGE! The man who liberated Anambra from the shackle of Omata lords, political godfathers, political enslavement, and federal gangsterism.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by spade: 9:36am On Oct 27, 2013
Ngige has completely destroyed Obiano.
He ripped him to shreds intellectually last night, and showed him up for the empty barrel he truly was.

Did you all see how evasive and shaky Obiano was all through the debate? grin
What a phucking tragicomedy. Chei! A man completely lacking in intellect, sophistication, articulation and political pedigree was rightfully shamed last night grin

Although, I must concede, a good orator does not a good governor make!
That you KNOW what to do as governor does not mean you actually WANT to do those things.

If it was purely based on debates, then Shekarau would've been our president by now.

So, in the end, this debate ain't worth a shhiit. cool
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by gratieao: 9:48am On Oct 27, 2013
highmood: Ziks place ko Ziks place ni. How does Ziks place looks compared to Awolowos place in the west. I thank God Ngige made mentioned of the three places in Anambra that could make Anambra great. ONITSHA, AWKA, NNEWI, AGUATA in addition. But in this present admin, how does this places looks like? Nothing to write home about. Mr. Ngige is a son,of the soil and I believe no Ibo man in any party whether from the west or north will sell us to them even if they are blind and we deaf. And if I may ask, how does this APGA of a party bettered ur lots since its formation? Mind u, u have a wife and just like a title of one of Chukwuemeka Ikes novel "our children are coming". What would u tell them when other states have gone beyond growth and are heading towards development? Would u blame the politicians or would ur blame ursef for canvasing for a wrong party rather for the right person.
How does the places you mentioned above look during Ngige administration compare to how it look today? or did you heard that Peter Obi demolished structures build by Ngige in those places you mentioned? My friend don't be deceived by Ngige's eloquent speaking. What we need now is somebody who will open up Anambra state for investment which Ngige did not do during his time in Awka
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by davidugotex(m): 9:55am On Oct 27, 2013
As a full-blooded Anambrarian I can say that when it comes to oratory, Ngige has a full mastery of it more than his co-contestants. But his setbacks include his inability to sponsor a single bill as a senator in 2yrs plus, even after promising to resign if he didn't do so within 6 months.
His choice of flagging off his campaign on a date fixed for Ofala festival in Onitsha, is also another setback.
His 3rd setback is his support of Fashola's deportation of Igbos who he(Ngige) termed 'destitutes', and his unwillingness to tender his own apology even after Fashola had tendered his.
Many Anambra people who don't want him as governor are of the opinion that- if as an aspirant he could join forces with Fashola to deport his brothers, what would he then do when he becomes the governor? Maybe by then Buhari, Tinubu and Fashola would be the ones running Anambra State.
My point is this, Ngige knowing fully well that he has governorship ambition, would have performed well in the senate so as to make himself a better brand.
Having said all that, I do not trust any Nigerian politician anymore because they have a reputation of not keeping to their campaign promises. I only pray God who knows the inmost thoughts of human beings to help us sift out the most sincere, capable,credible and patriotic candidate from among them.
Like my post if you believe in this prayer.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by ik4life: 9:59am On Oct 27, 2013
naptu2: The next debate holds on Thursday October 31st, 2013 at the Women Development Centre, Awka.

The first session is from 10am-12 noon. The second session is from 4pm-6pm.

It is being organised by the Nigeria Elections Debate Group (NEDG) and DAAR Communications.

It will be shown on the AIT, ABS and Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria (BON) networks.

All the candidates are expected to participate.
I must commend you 4 your efforts so far,thank you we all appreciate it
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Noneroone(m): 10:01am On Oct 27, 2013
Laugh don kill me o

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by KnowAll(m): 10:22am On Oct 27, 2013
I watched d debate and as an independent observer, this how I rate d debaters:

1st - The young dark man not d Professor.

2nd - Ngige

3rd - The Professor

4th and d last and least Obanio.

We all know d young man has not got a chance in hell winning. Given this obvious fact Ngige should carry d day, any thing short of this would be a serious mis-carriage of justice. You may beg to differ !!! cool
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Proxytalk: 10:27am On Oct 27, 2013
I am in anambra state now, i just travelled to get ist hand info on the election. From what i can see and interaction with people, obiano is almost contesting alone. APC is not even on ground, LP is only in AIT which signal is not received in anambra. From what i am seeing Ngige might lose in idemiri south.
Again from what im seeing can some one is in anambra explain to me this overheard jingle "obis poor perfomance" cos i can link it up with what is on ground.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by asha80(m): 10:33am On Oct 27, 2013
Proxytalk: I am in anambra state now, i just travelled to get ist hand info on the election. From what i can see and interaction with people, obiano is almost contesting alone. APC is not even on ground, LP is only in AIT which signal is not received in anambra. From what i am seeing Ngige might lose in idemiri south.
Again from what im seeing can some one is in anambra explain to me this overheard jingle "obis poor perfomance" cos i can link it up with what is on ground.
ngige is popular in anambra so i do not know where u are getting ur information from.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by gbanikiti(m): 10:43am On Oct 27, 2013
asha 80: ngige is popular in anambra so i do not know where u are getting ur information from.
was about telling him the same too. From the information I got from anambrarians living in my hood, Ngige still remains their choice grin
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by asha80(m): 10:46am On Oct 27, 2013
gbanikiti: was about telling him the same too. From the information I got from anambrarians living in my hood, Ngige still remains their choice grin
living in lagos is not the same thing as living in anambra...i just wanted him to know that ngige is popular in anambra but that apc logo is not.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by gbanikiti(m): 10:56am On Oct 27, 2013
asha 80: living in lagos is not the same thing as living in anambra...i just wanted him to know that ngige is popular in anambra but that apc logo is not.
very true! I also heard idemili people hate obi with passion. He didn't do anything meaningful for them because they didn't vote for him. The only road he tarred is the road that leads to achebe's hometown.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by naptu2: 10:59am On Oct 27, 2013
ik4life: I must commend you 4 your efforts so far,thank you we all appreciate it

Thanks.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by asha80(m): 11:01am On Oct 27, 2013
gbanikiti: very true! I also heard idemili people hate obi with passion. He didn't do anything meaningful for them because they didn't vote for him. The only road he tarred is the road that leads to achebe's hometown.
well i am not from idemmili so i cannot say....though there is an ongoing construction at umuoji-abatete-eziowelle axis in idemmili....moreover there is a belief that ngige favoured idenmili a whole lot when he was in power...i guess now is a case of speading the construction.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Profkomolafe(m): 11:01am On Oct 27, 2013
if u accuse the APC of being a godfatherism party... Take it or leave it, in any party, there mst be an element of godfatherism. APga for instance, peter obi nd d ojukwu family wil be godfather 4 d apga candidate, PDP also wil have its own lykwise d minority party. So why crucifyin/criticizin NGIGE...... LETS CAST OUR VOTE BASED ON ELIGIBILITY, and nt based on party.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by ogwumgbe: 11:05am On Oct 27, 2013
It's a shame that Anambra State with the best human resources in Africa is the most backward State on the planet because of poor leadership and party affiliation mentality. We need speedy development from a visionary leader irrespective of his party membership. Ngige is the right man for the job. This is 21st century my brothers. We should grow above this party sentiment or regional sentiment and vote the right candidate. APGA is a train that its engine isn't working. Such train will set the entire igbos backward. APGA is a total failure; eight years in office with nothing to show for it except deceiving people with false information. We are now wise. Obiano's APGA should go and rest. They do not have any candidate for this election. Let's vote for the right candidate. Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige is without doubt the right man for this job in this time of incomparable underdevelopment of Anambra State

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by mike404(m): 11:13am On Oct 27, 2013
Youngzedd:

Hail!!! Onwa.

I like the reply.
HERE COMES ANOTHER NAIRALAND VOTER
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by ik4life: 11:27am On Oct 27, 2013
Proxytalk: I am in anambra state now, i just travelled to get ist hand info on the election. From what i can see and interaction with people, obiano is almost contesting alone. APC is not even on ground, LP is only in AIT which signal is not received in anambra. From what i am seeing Ngige might lose in idemiri south.
guy where in anambra are u exactly because as am typing this am also in anambra and the mood everywhere is that peter obi want third tenure and it must be resisted
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by OsunOriginal: 11:36am On Oct 27, 2013
And who cares who they elect as their gov?

If you like, bring Ibori back from prison and make him your gov.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by ik4life: 11:37am On Oct 27, 2013
mike404: HERE COMES ANOTHER NAIRALAND VOTER
so because obiano lost a debate anybody that gives his or her opinion is termed a nairaland voters.but if obiano kisses his wife chino will run to nairaland and post and caption it moving train,if he visits igwe achebe,igwe achalla or eze uzu he will run to nairaland and post it then caption IGWES IN ANAMBRA STATE ENDORSE OBIANO and his fellow peter obi's employees will rush to the thread to make it relevant.if you think people in nairaland don't have voters cards,think twice because am a nairaland member and I have mine and will never vote 4 a third term agenda

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2013
if Peter Obi and all other Pro-Obiano have their way....they would prefer people to vote Obiano without having him speak owing to the inate fear they have of his mental shallowness despite his carton-filled certificates

Though a technocrat as they claim,he comes across as one that is meant for the 'back end' of a corporate organisation and not one cut out for the multi-tasking job required to tinker a state

All the while people have touted him as the next big thing after Obi so one expects him to operate from a higher intellectual wavelenght but with all due respect,he is even lesser in candour,smartness,acumen and drive than Peter Obi hence he will always be tied to Obi's apron perpetually

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ben Murray-Bruce With His Adopted Son, Jonathan (Photo) / Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill / APC Rally For Rivers Rerun Election (Live Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.