Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,086 members, 7,887,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:28 PM

The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba (18985 Views)

Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road / Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road / Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Drsheddy(m): 9:57am On Oct 29, 2013
ΞИD ΓIMΞ ΓIИЖ

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 29, 2013
T.A ORJI SHOULD BE CHARGED TO COURT FOR GENOCIDE AND CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY:p
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by komek(m): 9:57am On Oct 29, 2013
with the level at which developing is coming into this country, (Both negative and positive), dont we think it is better to construct dual roads than all this single roads we have here?
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 29, 2013
A
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by tellwisdom: 10:02am On Oct 29, 2013
Same picture undecided
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Agrika: 10:07am On Oct 29, 2013
Its even worse that sef
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by slap1(m): 10:07am On Oct 29, 2013
The other day I passed there, around Hollywood Bus-Stop, the 'construction company' was using HAND TROWELS to cement bad portions of the road. Abia State is officially at a standstill.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by theozobby(m): 10:11am On Oct 29, 2013
Everything is bad about the roads in Abia state. No good drainage system... Is only in Abia state that you will see workers using sand, cement and trowel to construct a major road.
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by chimex38: 10:14am On Oct 29, 2013
Let us rule naija dis way

let indigen of a state rule indigens of anoda state in all d states in naija. In dis way, d issue of corruption &' ị ma mmadu' will b reduced grin
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Ruchidera(f): 10:14am On Oct 29, 2013
Lilimax: T. A Orji is currently in Israel praying...

Praying to which God?
Does he go to Church...?
..Ekwem na Chukwu, ekwem na ekwensu... angry

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Adamskuty(m): 10:16am On Oct 29, 2013
Aba is very much a village grin what a jungle
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by ColoursnBrushes: 10:18am On Oct 29, 2013
I don't think, this is the same port harcourt road I passed thru three days ago. The road I passed was worse than this. Op did u select the best sections of the road to post here? Pls take more pictures, if possible from a higher elevation, let them see hw bad it really is. A road were keke napeps kept over turning and hummer buses were sinking! At least that's wat I saw.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Lilimax(f): 10:20am On Oct 29, 2013
MAYOWAAK: In Nigeria, you don't dodge potholes when you are driving you just choose the ones you will enter. -Pastor Sam Adeyemi
cheesy
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 29, 2013
And these muppets from the SE will come here and say Jonathan is the best thing to have happened to them since independence. All because one bleaching agent painted Enugu airport and Ethiopian Airlines lands and takes of from there once a week.

The road passes through Aba, a supposed commercial nerve center, yet Barney Jonathan and his cast of cartoon characters cannot be bothered to fix a federal road that leads to his home geographical zone.

The Igbo people will soon come here with their collective breaths reeking of stale, worm-infested palm wine and start speaking like drunken farmers.

Senseless lot.

6 Likes

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by akatonero(m): 10:22am On Oct 29, 2013
Naija chaiiii fine road grin grin grin grin
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Bright2(m): 10:24am On Oct 29, 2013
The topography of the soil in Aba makes it difficult for road to last longer except there is another method of road construction may be with metal plates althrough,then it can last but still subject to corrosion! grin
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 29, 2013
and the governor is praying in Israel.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by capricon: 10:31am On Oct 29, 2013
dridowu: If ds was in lasgidi , some of my brodas would have said "Tinubu has looted Lagos finish " now whom do we blame for ds " UNFINISHED BUSINESS " in Abia State where Tinubu has no say.
Abia peeps are also condeming TA Orji, so what are u saying

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Ruchidera(f): 10:33am On Oct 29, 2013
StarBoard: And these muppets from the SE will come here and say Jonathan is the best thing to have happened to them since independence. All because one bleaching agent painted Enugu airport and Ethiopian Airlines lands and takes of from there once a week.

The road passes through Aba, a supposed commercial nerve center, yet Barney Jonathan and his cast of cartoon characters cannot be bothered to fix a federal road that leads to his home geographical zone.

The Igbo people will soon come here with their collective breaths reeking of stale, worm-infested palm wine and start speaking like drunken farmers.

Senseless lot.
Your rant is understandable but you goofed @ highlighted.
The last time I checked, GEJ came from South -South and not South- East tongue.

3 Likes

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by juman(m): 10:33am On Oct 29, 2013
Bright2: The topography of the soil in Aba makes it difficult for road to last longer except there is another method of road construction may be with metal plates althrough,then it can last but still subject to corrosion! grin

If they give the road to competent construction company to handle, they will get good result. But the government must be sincere.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Lalaska(m): 10:34am On Oct 29, 2013
Nigerians are very wicked to themselves. How can you construct a road and after three months it is looking like this?

The road that you and your children will use. People should be arrested and jailed for life
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by truckin: 10:36am On Oct 29, 2013
My mother, who is a doctor in the health ministry hasn't been paid since April 2013... The government of Abia state is the joke of the century.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by achi4u(m): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2013
We are In d raining season by the time we enter dry season our able gov. T A Orji will swoop to action gringrin
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Meringe(m): 10:39am On Oct 29, 2013
Bright2: The topography of the soil in Aba makes it difficult for road to last longer except there is another method of road construction may be with metal plates althrough,then it can last but still subject to corrosion! grin
Don't say what you don't know.

Sam Mbakwe Roads in Aba are still being used, constructed morethan 30years now.
The prroblem is that the governor doesn't care. He believes dt in following GEJ, nothing will happen to him.

I passed through this Road on Monday, I regretted ever going there.
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Jaideyone(m): 10:42am On Oct 29, 2013
Photo kiosk... Aba is the Japan of africa lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 29, 2013
Ruchidera: Your rant is understandable but you goofed @ highlighted.
The last time I checked, GEJ came from South -South and not South- East tongue.
Simple comprehension fails you.
Read again, without the tapioca influence you normally are under.
StarBoard:
If it leads to his home geographical zone, it does not imply exclusively that it IS his home geographical zone.
you and those who liked your response need to re-visit your MacMillan series.

3 Likes

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Meringe(m): 10:50am On Oct 29, 2013
achi4u: We are In d raining season by the time we enter dry season our able gov. T A Orji will swoop to action gringrin

Joker!!
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by basilo101: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2013
Nonesense. We all kw dat TA orji is d worst govnor and abia has d worst roads. If u wnt 2 use abia 2 console urselves 4 ur govnor performing below expectations na u sabi

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by dridowu: 10:59am On Oct 29, 2013
capricon:
Abia peeps are also condeming TA Orji, so what are u saying
dy condem TA Orji no doubt about that but u&i knows that the rate pple condem Tinubu is far more higher than any politician in present Nigeria politics. Most pple c Tinubu as most corrupt politican y odas are seen as saint
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Rizstar: 11:01am On Oct 29, 2013
ColoursnBrushes: I don't think, this is the same port harcourt road I passed thru three days ago. The road I passed was worse than this. Op did u select the best sections of the road to post here? Pls take more pictures, if possible from a higher elevation, let them see hw bad it really is. A road were keke napeps kept over turning and hummer buses were sinking! At least that's wat I saw.
i used my phone. i will post more soon.
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by IGBOSON1: 11:04am On Oct 29, 2013

^^^The way they're building the east-west road, they can use that same method to construct this small stretch of road......that's if they're serious!

Besides the fact that it's inexcusable that a federal road has been left like that these past 14 years of democratic rule, a committed state gov't with a sense of pride would have reconstructed that road a long time ago, and then chased after the useless federal gov't for a refund!

Another problem i have with the useless gov't in Abia state is the equally useless local contractors they normally use for their road projects. The mannner of intra-city road construction you see going on in Aba and Umuahia is redundant and what you would have seen built 4 decades ago: no stone based owing to the swampy nature of the area; no adequate depth/thickness; no underground drainage (sometimes no drainage whatsoever!); no sidewalks; no road signage; no road markings; very narrow roads; etc-etc-etc!

I've long given up on that state......and i'm this close to doing the same for Anambra as well!

2 Likes

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Urine: 11:05am On Oct 29, 2013
If PDP wins the next election in Abia State, it will be safe to say Abians are 1st class mumus.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Unveils Rivers At 50 Commemorative Logo (Photos) / NNPC Boss, Baru Reacts To Report Linking Kyari To N50bn Funds Kept Away From TSA / Killings: DSS, Police Force Protesters Off The Streets Of Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.