Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,510 members, 7,914,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 12:01 AM

The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba (19019 Views)

Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road / Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road / Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by kachiz(m): 12:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
Lilimax: T. A Orji is currently in Israel praying...

Lol. prayer repair all. even bad roads mehn.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 29, 2013
ikeyman00: @@

says thiefunu

u can never compare anambra with ur messy roads
What has Tinubu got to do with this? Moreso i did not mention anambra state. The thread is about the bad condition of the aba-port harcourt road, and if i am not mistaken that road is a fedrel road and Gej is still the president of the federal republic of Nigeria while T.A Orji is the governor of the state in question
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
Well done mr poster bt why didnt ur camera snap the worst of that road? Anyway bravo. The construction of that road in 1980s was done wit undaground gutter. Bt T.A orji close the undaground gutter . Making it drainageless.
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by casig: 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
drnoel: That road has being a thorne in the flesh 4 all administrations who was ever in power in abia state since the beginning of time. I doubt it will ever be repaired and stay repaired.

It is not true to say that Port Harcourt Road has been a thorn in the flesh for all administrations that ever came to power in the state. I was born and bred in Aba. I know the state of that road in the late 70s before the late Sam Mbakwe came to power under NPP in the old Imo State and the transformation he brought not only to PH Road but to some many other roads in Aba, like Asa Road, Faulks Road, Ngwa Road, Aba-Owerri (both Umungasi & Abayi sections), to mention only a few. After Mbakwe, subsequent civilian administrations in the state simply refused to do anything for the citizens of Aba. They prefer to line their pockets rather than work for the people who voted them to power. To describe the condition of the roads in Aba as bad is the understatement of the century. I was at Aba in August this year for my annual leave, I was horrified at the state of the roads there. I had to cut short my stay because I couldn't endure it. One word that can adequately describe them is HELL. I thank God I left Aba when I did. But what of friends and family and the other people living there? As I write this, I still ask myself: For how long are our people going to endure bad governance?

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by mystical10: 12:32pm On Oct 29, 2013
lawanson44:

No matter how bad the South East is, IT CAN NEVER BE AS ARCHAIC AND CONSERVATIVE AS MOST PARTS OF THE SOUTH WEST grin grin...PROOF BELOW! Na wah o...Abi is there no company that sell aluminum roofing sheets in the SE? Oh...i just remembered! Yorubas are not innovative enough to think about that line of business
so bros u see wht i saw, apart from lagos(develp by igbos) all the buildings in other states in yoruba land is like a toilet in a typical village. all the houses is like shit both illori, ibadan akure abeokuta and wht hv u . All serving corpers or ex-corpers can bear me a witness. But u wil see them running mouth igbos go and develop ur states. So calld ibadan is like a village in ikom l.g.a in cross river state in S-S region.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by erico2k2(m): 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
StarBoard:
Mo-ron alert.
I said the road LEADS to his home geographical zone.
Does that say his zone is South-East?

Half-baked products on the loose, mostly always supporting Goatluck Jonadunce.
Ah ur mumu get Cv,go and look up the rd,U will realize its a state owned rd,what has gej got to do with it?
And GEJ aint Igbo,thats where I was pointing ur attention to,Comprehend?I repeat again GEJ is SS the closest project he has to that state is the east west rd.,obviously gt nthing to do wit the SW
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
drnoel: That road has being a thorne in the flesh 4 all administrations who was ever in power in abia state since the beginning of time. I doubt it will ever be repaired and stay repaired.

Nwokem stop saying what u don't know! Did Sam Mbakwe have 2heads when he contracted MCC to build dat road? The problem with most politicians of our time is d they are not passionate about the welfare of the ppl dat elected them into that office! That's why a certain spokes person can say "we shld thank God dat his boss is a gentle person dat listens to his ppl otherwise we won't have mouth to talk".

I have seen maisons carry headpan with cement and pour on the road last year (in the name of road re-construction) and our "amiable governor" erected a big signboard with inscription "a federal road under re-construction by a state government... Ochendo at work" undecided

I still don't understand how devil even allowed dis guy to receive more insults than him? angry

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
PLS PEOPLE SHOULD STOP GROANING
OF U DONT LIKE UR LEADERS THEN DONT VOTE THEM SIMPLE
I THINK ITS VERY FOOLISH TO VOTE SOME1 IN2 POWER THEN TURN AROUND AND COMPLAIN
THEN MORE FOOLISHLY KEEP VOTING THAT PERSON AND KEEP COMPLAINIG
ABEG MAKE WE HEAR WORD. CRY ME A RIVER, BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by awodman: 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2013
Painfully that is the state of major roads in Aba,If I should share the picture of Ngwa road,You all will puke..

It might interest you to note that house owners on this Portharcourt road have been ordered by the state govt to repaint their houses.Failure to do so, the govt will repaint the houses and charge them for it.

Aba is going through hell and it pains me to note that less than 2yrs to 2015,no candidate is showing signs of seriousness to offer hope to the citizens.The opposition parties are virtually dead here, infact I believe they are in active connivance with TA Orji.I get enraged whenever I see that clown around GEJ..GEJ should as a matter of fact bar that guy from been around him.

Lastly,the greatest danger is that of Aba residents and their I don't care attitude.Most don't have voters card and will never vote in 2015 even if they had.The DEVIL has taken over "GOD'S OWN STATE"

2 Likes

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by erico2k2(m): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2013
Babzilla: PLS PEOPLE SHOULD STOP GROANING
OF U DONT LIKE UR LEADERS THEN DONT VOTE THEM SIMPLE
I THINK ITS VERY FOOLISH TO VOTE SOME1 IN2 POWER THEN TURN AROUND AND COMPLAIN
THEN MORE FOOLISHLY KEEP VOTING THAT PERSON AND KEEP COMPLAINIG
ABEG MAKE WE HEAR WORD. CRY ME A RIVER, BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT
Do they realy have elections? Rather selection.
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Gabassin: 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2013
pls cum lagos see wht fashoo his doin.
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by erico2k2(m): 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2013
lakhadimar: I do not understand what you are trying to say can you be more coherent please
Im at wrk so nt allowed to use my work pc so Im stuck with my fone,I jst correct my post,re read it plz.
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by emmaliveth10(m): 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2013
I ply this road twice or thrice a week.... very very bad that I begin to wonder whether any thing good will come out from aba and entire abia state in the hands of Theodore Orji....mtcheew while aba remains the dirtiest city in south east!
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 29, 2013
Gabassin: pls cum lagos see wht fashoo his doin.

Ehen, just remember say na you dey invite dem come o!
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
This can't be the Japan of Africa. This is supposed to be Tokyo.
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by mystical10: 1:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
Insane means doing the same thing everytime and especting different results.abia state ppl re electing the same pson everytime and especting different results. It never hapend. So be wise abians
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by darnley16(m): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
Aba goverment una no deh try ohh. And see how Aba road for portharcot neat , fine finish... Now for aba see how una make pH road like...
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by raziboi(m): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
[/color][color=#000000]Mehn..becuz of dat road..i wont kum 2 abia ooo ;DMehn..becuz of dat road..i wont kum 2 abia ooo
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2013
StarBoard:
Borrow a brain and think.
Unfortunately no one is prepared to lend theirs to you for fear of it coming back worse off after you use it.
What have you been able to do with the one you borrowed from a chicken? you have been using it way worse than the chicken itself!

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by MacOscar(m): 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
Abia State has been under a Spell for 15yrs now. Aba, the supposed commercial hub of the State is in shambles, there's no single good road in aba, stinking refuse dumps at every corner, an insensitive and irresponsible government seated tight at the government house. Gov. T.A Orji obviously is the worst thing that has happened to dear Abia State. His son parades the entire state in exotic cars and heavy security assaulting and insulting people with impunity.
I pity my dear people of Abia, especially Aba residents as they have even gotten adapted to their plight and have seen it as a norm, they suffer and smile in that agony.
We need a brutal revolution in this Country, with that lessons will be taught and our land cleansed to an appreciable extent.
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by stantob(m): 2:45pm On Oct 29, 2013
"It is well, it is well with their soulllllllllllllllllllll", " When peace like a river attendant your way" Aba residents,
Abians, Nigerians, all resident in Aba, this should always be your song, "it is well with your soul" From orji to Orji, what
difference do you expect? The government that will repair the road, is that government that will bring out the original plan of
Aba as at 1979. Aba has an original urban plan. Most of the buildings along Porthacourt road will be demolished if that plan is followed
to build the road, until that plan come out, then we will know they government is serious to build road.
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by erico2k2(m): 3:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
lawanson44:
What have you been able to do with the one you borrowed from a chicken? you have been using it way worse than the chicken itself!
grin grin angry ;DU bad nii lol
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by micfoley: 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2013
Please, where is the road? I have studied all the pictures and yet cannot see anything that looks like a road there?
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Orikinla(m): 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2013
Abia state looks like the governor and the governor looks like Abia state. grin

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by KA24DETT(m): 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
Assasinate the guy ... Just kill him. Will be a lesson for the future leaders.
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by ocelot2006(m): 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
When I see pics like these, I truely thank God for Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom state. Abians, ndo oh. Even poor Taraba state can boast of a way better road network (FACT).
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by TechWalker007: 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
I almost thought these pictures are for Lagos. Many roads in Lagos mainland is not different. angry angry
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by Digitron: 4:58pm On Oct 29, 2013
First time of commenting on nairaland
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by SIRJENTLE: 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2013
I MUST THANK THE PEOPLE/PERSON THAT MANAGED TO GET THIS RAW PICTURE.
THIS IS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO SEE HOW T.A. ORJI IS DISGRACING HIMSELF THINKING HE IS DOING OTHERS.
THIS IS THE PORT HARCOURT ROAD HE CLAIMED TO HAVE RECONSTRUCTED.
WHAT OF THE ONES HE DID NOT EVEN AWARD THE CONTRACT NOT TO TALK OF REHABILITATION?

BELIEVE YOU ME: HIS 8 YEARS IN OFFICE IS 8 YEARS OF BACKWARDNESS WHICH WILL TAKE ABIA STATE 16 YEARS TO RECOVER FROM THIS MENACE.
Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by kaze4blues(m): 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2013
What can we say??

People in that part of nigeria are satisfied with mediocrities and that's why they have remained backward.

PDP is their divined party and they seem contented with the illegalities been perpetrated by their leaders.

They don't even question the authorities of their rulers.

Since he's their son, Let him continue.

So we don't really expect meaningful development from that part of the country.

Or I think they can blame Tinubu or APC

Fresh Air indeed......

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Port-harcourt Road In Aba by callmenow: 6:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
That picture is not new. TA Orji has done more for Abia than Orji Uzor Kalu. Besides that road is a FEDERAL ROAD, like the ABA OWERRI ROAD. The blame should go to the Federal Government. Why is it that people post untruths in the name of 'Pull him down syndrome'? TA Orji has transformed Umuahia and Aba. Let us kick him for his negligence, when he is negligent. Not when he is nowhere near the scene of the crime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Broom Or The Vacuum Cleaner? / Photos: Gov Okorocha Monitors Sanitation Exercise In The State This Morning / Osun PDP Governorship Primary: Voting Ends As Sorting Of Ballots Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.