Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,396 members, 7,901,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:55 PM

Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man - TV/Movies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man (41817 Views)

Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries / ONIKOLA Movie By Funmi Fiberesima: An Exposé On Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) / Join Funmi Iyanda Live Tomorrow On The Nta Network And Ltv 8 Between 9am -10am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by porka: 1:39am On Nov 01, 2013
masonkz:

My parents did all the above..and here I am. cool grin ..People don't wake up and decide to be gay, young man

They didn't take you to the psychiatric hospital early.

"Now you don enter market".

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by porka: 1:47am On Nov 01, 2013
unmask: and mr all righteous..... What should be done about fornication or is it part of our culture? ...... In your demented seclusion you can look up the word discrimination

It's all debauchery... all part of dangerous wild living...
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by porka: 1:54am On Nov 01, 2013
eluquenson: Is Funmi married now cos i don't know if she's undecided

No, she's not.

She had a daughter for a popular footballer though.

That makes it more strange because she appears to be a normal woman.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by porka: 2:02am On Nov 01, 2013
king94: I wuldnt classify dem as mentally ill ppl.They live a happy lyf(maybe,evn happier dan urs) nd mentally ill ppl ar nt capable of dat.

Very happy life indeed

http://www.punchng.com/metro/homosexual-stabs-partner-to-death-police-arrest-neighbours/
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by porka: 2:15am On Nov 01, 2013
king94: Brainwashed shocked
Wow,diff of opinion does nt make one brainwashed.Tell me one unhappy gay couple u knw.Anderson Cooper has talked extensively on dis issue.He posited dat ppl dat jump 2 conclusions about gays don't knw crap about his lyf.Jus because sum1 does nt conform 2 ur way of lyf does nt make d person mentally ill.It makes him different.U tink its a disease dat can be cured.I'd luv 2 see u try to 'heal' a gay person

You sure need help.

http://ex-gaytruth.com/encyclopedia/sy-rogers/

http://syrogers.com/

Wish you the best.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by 99cent: 2:40am On Nov 01, 2013
so would they have cancelled her show if she interviewed a polygamous man? Or if she interviewed a fraudulent millionaire, or a corrupt politician or a fornicator? I love how we love to twist the bible in whatever ways suit us and our backward mentality.

oti-igba:
but wait o! what would jesus christ have said to gay people? i he was here right now.

Jesus will take the gay man over all the bigots posting hateful comments on this thread.
Nigeria is a backward hell-hole. filled with fanatical religious hypocrites.aka Pharisees and Saducees who call themselves Christians. wolves in sheep's clothing.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 01, 2013
Why not keep that gay idiosyncrasy inside the closet. NTA made a nice choice by canceling the show. Interviewing those gay is like giving their absurd lifestyle some legitimacy.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by chimmy2: 6:48am On Nov 01, 2013
GSKing:
lai lai, you must tell me yours first before I post my age on nl, jeeezzz!
Although, I've given enough clue for people to perfectly tell my age here... chaaiii, I've been careless in my previous posts o

You should be 15 - 17 in 2004. I guess you are between 24 & 26 now
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Micron21(m): 8:53am On Nov 01, 2013
Uteghe :
For the first time NTA has made me proud. Relevant authorities should go a step further by arresting the gay dude and putting him on trial. After all,there's an anti-gay law in this country. The Funmi Iyanda girl should be tried as accomplice or accessory after the fact. Gay sex is a sub-animal tendency and should be crushed with all vehemence.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by beryl04(m): 8:55am On Nov 01, 2013
porka:

What stunted Nigeria's growth are the lies, distortions, dilutions, illusions, confusions by your ever agitated, highly nervous, delusional colonial gods.

They've been at it for centuries peddling the trade they know best; sowing social strife through division and hatred.

This time, we are in unison and we are waiting for them.

Except your type who like your ancestors simply exchanged your name with a bottle of whiskey or a glass of mirror.

Hey caveman, stop quoting me and stop ranting around the thread thinking this is still 300BC.ur type knows what's gonna befall this hell-hole called Nigeria u keep holding by d jugular.don't blame u tho but rather ur leaders and their entrenched failed education system.

Now run along into ur hole, shuush shuush
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 01, 2013
beryl04:

Hey caveman, stop quoting me and stop ranting around the thread thinking this is still 300BC.ur type knows what's gonna befall this hell-hole called Nigeria u keep holding by d jugular.don't blame u tho but rather ur leaders and their entrenched failed education system.

Now run along into ur hole, shuush shuush
He's indeed a caveman! His way of thinking have been shocking, to say the least!
The failed Nigeria he still hold on to have absolutely no chance of survival with people like him around.
Sad!

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 01, 2013
porka:

They didn't take you to the psychiatric hospital early.

"Now you don enter market".

Yea, maybe everyone should be taken to the Psychiatric hospital when they're small to determine whether they are gay or straight. undecided undecided
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 01, 2013
porka:

Very happy life indeed

http://www.punchng.com/metro/homosexual-stabs-partner-to-death-police-arrest-neighbours/

This is one. How many heterosexual cases do you hear on a DAILY basis? now compare that to the gay statistic.

In conclusion, violence knows no sexual orientation.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by porka: 10:42am On Nov 01, 2013
Johnpaul88: He's indeed a caveman! His way of thinking have been shocking, to say the least!
The failed Nigeria he still hold on to have absolutely no chance of survival with people like him around.
Sad!

You are really trying to say what they asked you to say.

But they are deceiving you

Look which country is currently in "survival mode" as a result of debauchery.

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2011/jan/02/photography-detroit#/?picture=370173036&index=6

"Righteousness exalts a nation..." not debauchery, never homosexuality.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by porka: 10:46am On Nov 01, 2013
masonkz:

Yea, maybe everyone should be taken to the Psychiatric hospital when they're small to determine whether they are gay or straight. undecided undecided

Yes everyone who exhibits some lunatic tendencies like homosexuality early on.

In Africa, they take them to churches and mosques and shrines to ward off the evil spirits.

Meanwhile GAY is not the opposite of STRAIGHT.

Anything not straight is bent or crooked.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by porka: 10:49am On Nov 01, 2013
masonkz:

This is one. How many heterosexual cases do you hear on a DAILY basis? now compare that to the gay statistic.

In conclusion, violence knows no sexual orientation.

Now that you know, stop the happiness fallacy.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 01, 2013
porka:

Now that you know, stop the happiness fallacy.

Happiness is subjective, and not a fallacy. Many gay couples are living happily, just like straight couples.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 01, 2013
porka:

You are really trying to say what they asked you to say.

But they are deceiving you

Look which country is currently in "survival mode" as a result of debauchery.

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2011/jan/02/photography-detroit#/?picture=370173036&index=6

"Righteousness exalts a nation..." not debauchery, never homosexuality.
But you didn't fault my argument because you can't!

Btw why not go and live your happy life with your wife and have kids and find all good things life can give and leave other people to live their life the way it allows them. Why is this so difficult to do? Why worry on things you can never have any ability to change?
If i were you, i 'll unfollow this thread and use my meaningful life to do other things that need my attention.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 01, 2013
porka:

In Africa, they take them to churches and mosques and shrines to ward off the evil spirits.

Meanwhile GAY is not the opposite of STRAIGHT.

Anything not straight is bent or crooked.

Goodluck with that. Let's see how far you can go. Are there any testimonies so far? undecided
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by VirginFinder: 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
Johnpaul88: But you didn't fault my argument because you can't!

Btw why not go and live your happy life with your wife and have kids and find all good things life can give and leave other people to live their life the way it allows them. Why is this so difficult to do? Why worry on things you can never have any ability to change?
If i were you, i 'll unfollow this thread and use my meaningful life to do other things that need my attention.

Shut up!

Neither John nor Paul was gay!! And Paul specifically spoke of people like you being given over by the LORD to a reprobate mind to work that which is inconvenient. It was punishment for not wanting to retain God in your knowledge. You better ask for forgiveness and go for deliverance.

[size=16pt]Romans 1:19-28[/size]
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

[size=16pt]21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. [/size]

[size=16pt]22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,[/size]

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

[size=16pt]24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: [/size]

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

[size=16pt]26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: [/size]

[size=16pt]27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet. [/size]

[size=16pt]28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; [/size]

So why should you be bearing Johnpaul only to turn around, act and propagate the very things apostle Paul preached against? I'd rather you changed your moniker to lucifer or diablo or devil or satan. Do just that and nobody will attack you on this thread.

This leads me to why we homophobic people are pissed off and mad with you guys. You gays are stylishly trying to advertise your below-animal beliefs and behaviours. Never seen 2 same sex animals mating. Never!
You guys are trying to woo many unsuspecting folks to your fold. You will fail.

Also, you homosexuals are also perverting the Christian faith. You want to get married in church. You want your union to be blessed by a priest/pastor. You want to be duly registered as married in the registry. You want to be referred to as husband and wife. You want to raise children like normal couple do.
You still want to be referred to as Christians. Some even want to be ordained as priests.
Are you guys mad?! angry

There have always been gays from time immemorial but they kept it to themselves and never dared propagate their insanity. Sodom and Gomorrah that went beyond bounds got destroyed.

Other sinners - fornicators, adulterers, liars etc know and admit that they are into sin. Sober ones (myself inclusive) repent and ask for forgiveness from time to time. We do not claim to be right.

But you gays are just headstrong and want us normal people to accept and possibly join you in your madness. No way!!!

You are free to live your life as you please but just keep your homosexuality to yourself and your closet. You are safe.

If you come out in the Nigerian public to propagate your madness, you will have yourself to blame. angry

I suggest you start reading your bible daily. smiley
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by deelobe: 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
stoned:

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=129498
CHEAP PUBLICITY! NEXT PLEASE!
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
^^^
Who 'll read that long crap? Me?
Pls unfollow this thread and you'll be glad you did.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by VirginFinder: 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
Johnpaul88: ^^^
Who 'll read that long crap? Me?
Pls unfollow this thread and you'll be glad you did.

Weak!

The Word of God is truly sharper than any two edged-sword. You could muster no sensible reply and chose to lie as a way of escape. No way. You are trapped.
It is you that will unfollow this thread. tongue

[size=16pt]Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.[/size]

Again,

Virgin Finder:

Neither John nor Paul was gay!! And Paul specifically spoke of people like you being given over by the LORD to a reprobate mind to work that which is inconvenient. It was punishment for not wanting to retain God in your knowledge. You better ask for forgiveness and go for deliverance.

[size=16pt]Romans 1:19-28[/size]
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

[size=16pt]21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. [/size]

[size=16pt]22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,[/size]

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

[size=16pt]24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: [/size]

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

[size=16pt]26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: [/size]

[size=16pt]27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet. [/size]

[size=16pt]28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; [/size]

So why should you be bearing Johnpaul only to turn around, act and propagate the very things apostle Paul preached against? I'd rather you changed your moniker to lucifer or diablo or devil or satan. Do just that and nobody will attack you on this thread.

This leads me to why we homophobic people are pissed off and mad with you guys. You gays are stylishly trying to advertise your below-animal beliefs and behaviours. Never seen 2 same sex animals mating. Never!
You guys are trying to woo many unsuspecting folks to your fold. You will fail.

Also, you homosexuals are also perverting the Christian faith. You want to get married in church. You want your union to be blessed by a priest/pastor. You want to be duly registered as married in the registry. You want to be referred to as husband and wife. You want to raise children like normal couple do.
You still want to be referred to as Christians. Some even want to be ordained as priests.
Are you guys mad?! angry

There have always been gays from time immemorial but they kept it to themselves and never dared propagate their insanity. Sodom and Gomorrah that went beyond bounds got destroyed.

Other sinners - fornicators, adulterers, liars etc know and admit that they are into sin. Sober ones (myself inclusive) repent and ask for forgiveness from time to time. We do not claim to be right.

But you gays are just headstrong and want us normal people to accept and possibly join you in your madness. No way!!!

You are free to live your life as you please but just keep your homosexuality to yourself and your closet. You are safe.

If you come out in the Nigerian public to propagate your madness, you will have yourself to blame. angry

I suggest you start reading your bible daily. smiley
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by 99cent: 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
^ Quote the bible all you want. Your username, virginfinder, is enough evidence to know that you are a secretly gay man.
It has been proven that the most homophobic men tend to be secretly gay.

he calls himself "virginfinder" hahahahaha and he's quoting the bible.

bunch of primitive clowns on this thread.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by 99cent: 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
porka:

No, she's not.
She had a daughter for a popular footballer though.
That makes it more strange because she appears to be a normal woman.

strange to you because you are an illiterate fool. Funmi Iyanda is not on the same level as you.
She is a woman first of all. And any successful woman will know that it is almost considered a "sin" for a woman to be successful in nigeria. Aren't women supposed to be submissive to men? Does Fumni Iyanda look to you like a submissive woman? Her eyes are open and she doesn't buy into the backward mentality of Nigerians like you. Nigeria will forever remain backwards with the mentality that we carry while parading ourselves as "christians" or "religious"

I'm yet to see d day when a reporter will be banned for interviewing a polygamous man. polygamy is a sin against the bible isn't it?

Bunch of religious hypocrites. Pharisees and Sadducees. that's what u r in d eyes of Jesus.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by 99cent: 10:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
porka:

Yes they were killing twins to ward off evil spirits before the oyinbo came to stop that barbarism
so why should we be surprised that Africa is still barbaric?

Last time I checked, they are also beating and abusing children (children!) to ward off evil spirits. #ChildAbuseInTheNameOfReligion

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
Virgin Finder:

Weak!

The Word of God is truly sharper than any two edged-sword. You could muster no sensible reply and chose to lie as a way of escape. No way. You are trapped.
It is you that will unfollow this thread. tongue

[size=16pt]Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.[/size]

Again,

Like I'd say, I love it when Christians become born again and quote bible verses only when it comes to gay matters. Hehe.

Hi VirginFinder, how many Virgins have you found this week? wink
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by 99cent: 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
masonkz:

Like I'd say, I love it when Christians become born again and quote bible verses only when it comes to gay matters. Hehe.

It's called selective Bible quoting. A favorite pasttime for narrow minded "christians"
I put christian in quotation mark because they are not Christians at all. They are Pharisees and Saducees.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
99cent:

It's called selective Bible quoting. A favorite pasttime for narrow minded "christians"
I put christian in quotation mark because they are not Christians at all. They are Pharisees and Saducees.

Exactly.

It's even funnier when they quote some verses of a chapter, while ignoring other verses in SAME chapter that are very much obvious, but aren't being practised by same Christians.

My favourite is Leviticus.

Keep 'em coming, Mr. VirginFinder. Amuse me tonight.

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by 99cent: 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
I wonder why I am yet to see a lot of Christians condemn Fela and how Fela is celebrated in Naija. The guy had a harem of over 50 wives that he abuses on a regular basis. He did drugs and smoked on a daily basis, had an extremely promiscious and careless sexu.al attitude that he contracted HIV/AIDS not by accident. He is a self-pronounced pagan who bashes Christianity in his music.
Yet all Nigerians,christians alike, revere him. What would Jesus say?
These same christians are condemning gays in the name of Christ. Are they also condemning polygamy in d name of Christ?
They talk about "african values" yet none of them will agree to live in d primitive village. they live in d city and will rejoice at a chance to move abroad to the UK or USA where homosexuality is tolerated. and human rights are protected in general. hypocrites.

HYPOCRITES. the one quoting bible above calls himself "virginfinder"
laughable

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

'Game Of Thrones' Leaves Water Bottle In Series Finale Scene / Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React / BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.