Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,610 members, 7,972,241 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:17 AM

Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story (33235 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
Michaellegend: I don't want to comment on dis thread... but I kinda change my mind... well done boss, u r a genius.
but why did u abandoned d other thread(hope and d island of greatness)
okay, it will kick off next wk by God's grace.
..thanks a lot for following
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
As the two of a kind strode towards the café, they caught sight of Cynthia and Pete moving ahead of them.

Ted said, “Henry, don’t tell me you’re still not able to get Cynthia till now.”

“Well… it’s been a long time I tried last.”

“You ain’t serious!” Ted tapped Henry on the scruff. “I’ve told you that you can have her in your control. Use you ma—”

“Hold it!” Henry cut his words short. “Don’t you dare bring this topic again—huh!” He held Ted’s collar tight. “I’ll sure get her naturally and I’m already on it.”

“By joining the basketball team, isn’t it?”

“You’re right,” Henry smiled as he let go of Ted’s clothes, but Ted’s attire was already crinkled by the rough grip, though Ted never paid a bit of attention to that.

Still pacing along, Ted broke the silence that was trailing them. He whispered to Henry, “Let’s play a trick on the twosome right away.”

“How?” asked Henry ignorantly, and Ted pulled him, whispering an idea into his right ear. The idea culminated in smiles.

Ted sprinted towards the lovers and violently knocked down Pete. Then he pounced on him, beating him up without a cause. Cynthia was helpless as she was looking at her lover being dealt with but Henry suddenly came to their rescue, pulling Ted forcefully away from Pete. Henry made to give Ted a terrific slap on the cheek, but it landed on Ted’s face instead, his eyes getting most of the impact.

Ted remained on the floor, face down, when Henry was assisting Pete to get up. Pete clapped his hands, not for Henry, but to get rid of the dirt on his soiled palms. Then he beat the rest of his body thoroughly to get rid of the particles on his attire. Pete was not mindful enough to say a word of thanks.

However, Henry lurched forward to have a hug from Cynthia, or at least shake hands with her.

“Thank you,” Cynthia expressed with a chaste manner as she put her hand forward for a shake, but Henry held it briskly and gave it a light buss. Pete was wroth.

“How dare you!” flushed Pete and Henry stepped back, “Never you try such a thing again in your life, else you shall be the only person to witness your death.”

Though Henry knew it was just an empty threat, since he was aware of Pete’s cowardice, he replied, “I’m very sorry, I don’t mean to hurt your feelings” in a tone that was suggesting his penitence. Then he traipsed away, looking back intermittently. He caught sight of Cynthia staring blandly at him in a stupefied manner.

Still fixing her gaze towards Henry’s direction, Pete pulled roughly at Cynthia’s arm and gushed, “What’re you gaping at? You’d better go after him if you want.” Being jolted, Cynthia stammered, “Oh, it—it’s nothing.”

The two ambled into the cafeteria.

Allowing the two lovers to get inside the structure, Ted leapt up and hurried away to catch up with Henry. Blinking his red and watery eyes, Ted said, “The plan worked, only that you almost blinded me with that slap on the face.”

“Oh!” Henry expressed pity, “My intention was not to slap you on the face. I had wanted to return to you the slap you gave to me three days ago—the one you told me Susie kept with you. I’m sorry it landed on your face; I’d targeted your cheek.” Henry’s joke angered Ted and he chased playfully after Henry, perhaps to give him as good as he got.

2 Likes

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by akorlade(m): 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
one slap for henry In advance I guess, no sin goes unpunished with ted.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by igwechosen(m): 11:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
no sin goes unpunished with ted.[/quote]
same thing am thinking...
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 3:24am On Jan 06, 2014
#good daily viewers...
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 3:31am On Jan 06, 2014
the hot nite meal is ready. I wanna know who gets here first today so I can dedicate my next post to him or her cheesy

CHAPTER TWENTY
THE YOUNGER TED

. Henry and Ted were dressed in special attires. Ted was wearing a striped long-sleeved top and a black waistcoat. He had on his neck a thick and well made red bolo tie, which he had taken much time before the mirror to set. A wide hat was also fitted into Ted’s moderately big head, making him to appear like a cowboy.
In the other hand, Henry was on a lustrous and velvety smooth jacket. His boot was strong and it was white. He had a white inner coat too. He also set a wide-face goggle before his head. They stared at their images in a mirror, spicing up themselves with many eau de cologne as they were preparing for the promotions in Gyrus they had envisioned.
They had ideated that by showing the wand and telling the story of their journeys to Selemis Cave and the Nile River, they would get promotions. Nevertheless, they doubted if the magistrates would believe the latter story, (the journey to get the knife in the Nile River) since there was no knife to present.
Before leaving for Gyrus, the boys interacted with each other:
“Henry, do you know that I don’t know how I’ll feel today, being honored as one of the two who has overcome the Power Guard?”
“It’s going to be superb,” replied Henry. “The whole Gyrus will give us some standing ovations as they welcome us, the two new Power Guards, to the podium.”
“Wait a minute. How will the dean feel?”
“I’ve not given that a thought.” Henry recollected something and asked, “Ted, hope you’ve not told the dean about our encounter with Kent Robins in the Island of Forgetfulness.”
“Why should I?” Ted asked a rhetorical question. “If I had, be sure that the man would have collected it by coercion from us to earn a reward.”
Henry meditated briskly and asked Ted suddenly, “Ted, I don’t know which is more superior, the position of Power Guard or Assistant Head Lieutenant.”
“I felt the latter is superior, but all I know was this—Power Guards are always powerful people. I can assure you, Professor Wilson was scared of Professor Kent Robins.”
“How do you know?” demanded Henry inquisitively.
“The two had a clash about two and half years ago, when I was just initiated. The dean told me something then, which made me realize this,” Ted said frankly.
“What did he tell you?”
“Professor asked me not to tell anybody,” smiled Ted, “So, I’ll not tell you.”
Henry pondered quickly on the trick to play on Ted to get him into answering the question. He came across one fast and said, “I’m not just anybody—I’m your friend man.”
“You never told me where the dean was taken you to that day, before you were initiated, so I’m not telling you this too.”
“Please don’t pay me in my own coin,” pleaded Henry. “Besides, that was almost nine months ago, so—” he paused to look at Ted’s face. “Can’t we just forget it?”
“Hey, don’t coax me into telling you the secret,” Ted raised his voice. “As far as this matter is concerned, at least for the time being, you’re just anybody to me, so I’ll not tell you,” Ted insisted. He was insinuating something dangerous if he told Henry, basing his fear on the fact that Henry’s disobedience had earned him a punishment then, when he told Susie the secret (though Henry later was happy about the ultimate aftermath of the event). Ted thought he was not going to be as lucky as Henry, peradventure such a thing happened to him.
However, the two left for Gyrus after the count of ‘three’ in unison. Hardly had they departed when Cynthia surprisingly walked shamefacedly to Henry’s door. She had come to apologize for her role in the ‘winkie stuff’ that had trailed Henry few months ago. Without doubt, Ted’s little trick had brought about the action. She pushed the doorbell and gave the door several knocks, but no response came from within, since Henry had departed. She persisted relentlessly in those actions, but no response.
When Ted landed in Gyrus, it was on someone else’s lap he found himself. Greatly amazed, Ted sprang up and turned his face around to see who was there.
“Who are you?” Ted asked in a casual way, fixing his eyes belligerently on the anonymous bloke, whose fleshy laps had seemed to Ted like a pillow during the brisk moment his buttocks had made contact with them.
The snub-nosed fellow was also fixing his gaze on Ted, slightly nervous. He seemed a little younger and shorter than Ted, but he was a bit robust. His hands seemed a little shorter for his age and more importantly, for his body. If the new weirdo had got a pot-belly and a bigger head, Ted would have mistaken him for a kwashiorkor patient.
In reply to Ted’s question the boy said, “I don’t understand what you’re saying.”
“I’m speaking plain English,” Ted said hilariously. “I repeat, who are you?” To Ted’s amazement, the fatty replied, “I’m Ted Manuel.”
There seemed to be no iota of guile in the boy’s undertone, yet Ted still kept looking at him, expecting to hear him say something else.
“That’s my name!” affirmed the boy when Ted would not stop leering apprehensively at him in astonishment.
“That’s my name too,” Ted spoke, “You’re sitting on my seat. My name’s on it.”
“Mine is on it, not yours,” the boy disagreed. “How can you just come claim this seat when you met me here seated?” deduced the boy, whose laps Ted had landed.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by smithsammy(m): 6:27am On Jan 06, 2014
finally i got to the last update. a nice story u ve got here @sammy joe. i am patiently waiting for the next update.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 06, 2014
smithsammy: finally i got to the last update. a nice story u ve got here @sammy joe. i am patiently waiting for the next update.
Sammy Joe? welcome on board...3rd ghost reader detected grin I am dedicating d next update to you.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mckemsoc(m): 8:18am On Jan 06, 2014
You're really good with what you do...you've got a talent there. I wish I could twist and mingle the "use of English" the way you do.

Keep it up, more oil to your engine!

Waiting for my next meal. Have we taken our breakfast already? Opss! I need more... Still not bellifilled grin grin grin

I need some more! I need some more!! I need some more!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by floydceo(m): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2014
Wait wait...i go confess, i go confess oh *sobs* i've been a ghost reader all this while. *Sobs more* please forgive me sammy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mckemsoc(m): 8:37am On Jan 06, 2014
@Sammy Hoe, I've been following your thread and commenting as well but u've never bothered dedicating any update to me @least to make me feel belonged and recognised as well. Am really saddened! cry cry cry

Pls come update and dedicate one to me so I can feel am part of d family. wink kiss kiss
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 06, 2014
mckemsoc: You're really good with what you do...you've got a talent there. I wish I could twist and mingle the "use of English" the way you do.

Keep it up, more oil to your engine!

Waiting for my next meal. Have we taken our breakfast already? Opss! I need more... Still not bellifilled grin grin grin

I need some more! I need some more!! I need
some more!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin

I can't fit laff o!!!
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 06, 2014
floydceo: Wait wait...i go confess, i go confess oh *sobs* i've been a ghost reader all this while. *Sobs more* please forgive me sammy
4th ghost reader detected...na flog I go flog you o
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mckemsoc(m): 8:56am On Jan 06, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

I can't fit laff o!!!

cheesy cheesy Yu b Oga At d Top tongue yu don't need laff much, na ur boiz go dey do d laffing 4 yu grin grin grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 06, 2014
mckemsoc: @Sammy Hoe, I've been following your thread and commenting as well but u've never bothered dedicating any update to me @least to make me feel belonged and recognised as well. Am really saddened! cry cry cry

Pls come update and dedicate one to me so I can feel am part of d family. wink kiss kiss
don't be sad o...watch out for my next update
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 06, 2014
Dedicated to all who lent their voices to this thread this morning: especially to the detected ghost readers and those who are not 'belefilled' after eating the breakfast:

to Smithsammy, Mckemsoc, Floydceo

It did not take Ted so long for him to have the perception that the boy was new, so he felt that expatiation, rather than laconism, would fare better to settle things quick. Therefore Ted plunged into explanation:
“I’ve been using this seat for over two years now. In this planet, seat owners do land directly on their seats, but newcomers have to mooch around in search of theirs. That was why I landed directly on your laps. Did you land directly here when you came or—?” Before he could complete his statement, the boy, who was now convinced, replied, “I landed over there, but someone directed me to this seat and asked me not to get up for anybody that may want to come after—to claim this seat.”
“Oh, you must be new here,” said the older Ted. “Isn’t it?”
“I just come; it’s my first day,” replied the boy.
“Come let’s go find your seat.”
As the newcomer rose up, his mind was filled up with the horror of the impossibility of the taxing task of locating his seat among the thousands of seats in the great hall. Ted held the right hand of his namesake as they swooshed along to locate his seat. As they strode, the younger Ted shouted, “Hey, watch out, that’s the boy who led me to your seat!” The boy pointed to a distant place and Ted saw whom it was he was trying to spot out. “We mustn’t let him see us,” he added in fright.
Following the direction of the younger Ted’s finger with his eyes, Ted discovered that it was Harrison.
“Harrison!” said Ted alarmed, as he saw him.
“You know him?” the younger Ted asked and Ted replied, “Yes.”
“Did he know you too?”
“Of course yes!” Ted replied, “Why d’you ask?”
“Then he’s not good,” the younger Ted deduced, “for leading me to your seat.”
“You’re right!” Ted exclaimed. “You’ve got to be wary of him. He’s an injurious fellow; can kill anyone, even his friend.”
“Has he ever killed a friend before?”
The question sounded difficult for Ted to answer.
“I don’t know,” he replied eventually.
As they zoomed on, the younger Ted said, “I’m amazed.”
“By what?”
“My class teacher, who brought me’s nowhere to be found.”
“He must have landed on his seat, since he’s an old member,” Ted provided.
The younger Ted grinned suddenly and Ted noticed it.
“What’s the grin?” asked Ted.
“She’s a female, not a male,” corrected the younger Ted.
“Why did she bring you here?”
“She saw me practicing Kung-fu and she said I can do better.”
“Kung fu!” Ted was intrigued. “Tell me more.”
“I learnt Kung fu for over five years in Beijing, ’cause of my envy for the great movie star, Bruce Lee, whose fast kicks can send his antagonists a flying. So… believing that I can become another Bruce Lee, I demanded to go study in Beijing, China, where I had been for five years before returning last month.”
“Your class teacher has brought you to the right place,” Ted commented as he spotted the boy’s seat, “Here’s your name on the seat over there. You love the bodoni typeface.”
“How do you know?” the younger Ted expressed great kick in the teeth at Ted’s precise fact.
“’Cause your name’s written on that seat with the bodoni typeface,” Ted explained as he pointed to the said seat. “Your seat.”
The younger Ted got him.
“A mirror will soon fly to you. Take it up. Through it you’ll see everything going on in this planet clearly. If you need help just whisper my name into the mirror I’m talkin’ ’bout. I’ll respond.”
All Ted was saying seemed extremely strange to the boy. He had hundreds of questions to ask, but Ted was still speaking:
“Don’t leave immediately after the meeting,” said the older Ted. “Wait for me.”
Ted turned to leave but the boy called for his attention.
“Hey, big brother, just a minute.” Ted halted when he heard that.
“Is that Harrison boy powerful?” asked the younger Ted childishly.
“Not really,” Ted smirked. “Relax brother; just make sure you don’t go to him at all.”
Ted waved goodbye to the younger Ted as he made the move to get to his seat. He smiled as he began to think about the unthinkable points Henry and himself were soon going to earn. He was well seated when the bell of caution sounded—as usual citizens fleeted away to get to their seats before the death bell would sound. It seemed every one escaped the bell that day, because only few people were not on their seats when the first bell rang. Many had settled down for long, having learnt lots of lessons on how they could play safe to avoid the mortal clangor of the bells; not wandering about at arrival seemed to be the answer.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Timcy2(m): 10:41am On Jan 06, 2014
Huh, someone shuld get me a cup of water. Have bin following the thread with Gyrus, and i have catch up at last.

Nice write up Sammy.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 06, 2014
Timcy2: Huh, someone shuld get me a cup of water. Have bin following the thread with Gyrus, and i have catch up at last.

Nice write up Sammy.
ghost reader 5, detected!!! take a cup of water...but unfortunately there is no water inside o
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mckemsoc(m): 11:33am On Jan 06, 2014
Thanks for d dedication. Keep d good work rolling.
I likey!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by igwechosen(m): 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
they will end up supporting the fact that they are the greatest liar still since they'd be unable to produce the wand and the dean will win more points.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
igwechosen: they will end up supporting the fact that they are the greatest liar still since they'd be unable to produce the wand and the dean will win more points.
prophet igwechosen, I duff my cap for you o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
@Sammy, pls nah, I beg u in the name of your God... try to make the updates a little longer ! pls pls...
Believe me,some are addicted to this story ..

#TeamMakeItLonger
I need supporters here

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
monachy: @Sammy, pls nah, I beg u in the name of your God... try to make the updates a little longer ! pls pls...

#TeamMakeItLonger
I need supporters here
#TeamMakeItShorter

pls I need supporters... let's see who wins nah grin cheesy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
#TeamMakeItLonger

ppl make we say our mind o...
no dulling
no falling hand

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mckemsoc(m): 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
monachy: @Sammy, pls nah, I beg u in the name of your God... try to make the updates a little longer ! pls pls...

#TeamMakeItLonger
I need supporters here

Supported 100%
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mohammad11: 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
monachy: #TeamMakeItLonger

ppl make we say our mind o...
no dulling
no falling hand

#SoTrue %
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by igwechosen(m): 1:59pm On Jan 06, 2014

#TeamMakeItLonger
I need supporters here
same here o. am with you.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
@Sammy , dis is democracy, majority wins.

According to the voice of the people , it obvious that you has loosed overwhelmingly.
With this been said, I hereby declare that from this evening , your updates should ,will and must be longer with at least one page more than your previous post .

Failure to do this ?....Eem... Eem....
( cough! cough !!)

You must abide by the rule!!!
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
monachy: @Sammy , dis is democracy, majority wins.

According to the voice of the people , it obvious that you has loosed overwhelmingly.
With this been said, I hereby declare that from this evening , your updates should ,will and must be longer with at least one page more than your previous post .

Failure to do this ?....Eem... Eem....
( cough! cough !!)

(clearing throat) ahem! ahem!
I also know a little bit of democracy. For majority to carry d vote, then d number of voters must be up to 60% of the whole house. but as I can see here, only 4 ppl has voted. until ten to fourteen ppl votes I am still d winner. In fact let me prove my 'winnerity' by posting this unusual miniature update grin

You must abide by the rule!!!

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Redhot111(m): 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sammy, they update dis tin sharp sharp na. Wetin sef
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by ViktorMartins(m): 7:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mr Hoe, its been interesting so far but why couldnt Henry ask Ted about the wand before they left for Gyprus?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by igwechosen(m): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
ViktorMartins: Mr Hoe, its been interesting so far but why couldnt Henry ask Ted about the wand before they left for Gyprus?
cool down first. keep reading... u would get the story. quality of a good writer: moderate suspense in the context.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (28) (Reply)

Faceless By Amma Darko / What Lurks In The Dark / Ibale{virginity}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.