Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,610 members, 7,972,244 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:19 AM

Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story (33235 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by jessepearl(m): 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
my first ever us based story written by a nairalander in person of mr hoe...thanks 4 dis bro....being enjoying every update so far....bt sorry oo....i have kinda lost track of kate and the white family in general....what am trying to say is dat atleast we all can recall wen last ted visited home....bt i cant recall wen henry did...and the lastest development at home....u can mk it inform of an extended family thankgiving,their parent anniversary,kate or henry's birthday.....just my opinion sha...u can ignore if it is invalid.....''teammakeitlonger'' supported by ''teamwantmore''

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
jessepearl: my first ever us based story written by a nairalander in person of mr hoe...thanks 4 dis bro....being enjoying every update so far....bt sorry oo....i have kinda lost track of kate and the white family in general....what am trying to say is dat atleast we all can recall wen last ted visited home....bt i cant recall wen henry did...and the lastest development at home....u can mk it inform of an extended family thankgiving,their parent anniversary,kate or henry's birthday.....just my opinion sha...u can ignore if it is invalid.....''teammakeitlonger'' supported by ''teamwantmore''
I agree with you in all aspects but one. That teammakeitlonger stuff. In fact i would prefer to make it shorter sef. Lemme even post one short update now.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by floydceo(m): 8:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sammy Hoe:
I agree with you in all aspects but one. That teammakeitlonger stuff. In fact i would prefer to make it shorter sef. Lemme even post one short update now.
No try am oh...i jus dey luk u since u dey smart anyhow..c'mon focus. Oya sare sare go update am now and e must long oh if not *draws ears*mtcheew make i no tok. Thanks for your dedication, really appreciate. U are trying...at least i know how much i go take buy this kind novel from bookshop.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
The magistrate welcomed the citizens back to Gyrus as he was wont doing. He opened his speech with the topic of the Power Guard.
“Kent Robins, whom I had trusted so well, had eloped without a reason,” the man lamented. “He made our gadgets faulty.”
The intermittent rise and fall of the magistrate’s voice was enough evidence to make all the citizens agree to his claims. The faulty auditory devices was bringing about his spasmodic rising and falling of his pith; the amplifier was functioning abnormally.
“I believe everyone here had gone in search of him—five Gyrus months ago.”
A gruesome sight the magistrate had just perceived stole his attention. It was a corpse lying some distances away at the rear corner of the hall. The magistrate’s paranormal eyesight had made it possible for the decaying cadaver to be spotted so easily. Since the large screen did not revealed earlier that anyone died as a result of the chimes of the deathbell, the magistrate believed that it was not a fresh death.
“Hey corpse, come over here!” With colossal celerity rolled the corpse towards the podium in a wheel shape. It stopped right before the magistrate. The man bent over the cadaver, turned him around to see his face, then he cried out, “Nick Albert!”
It was the corpse of Nick, who had died two days ago in Gyrus for being the last person attempting to leave the planet then. The man touched Nick with his wand and was instantly able to discover what the cause of his death was, viewing the nature of the fluorescence made by the wand.
“Oh, you were the last person in Gyrus, last Gyrus meeting day.” The man expressed enormous sorrow for the deceased, but he never had a thought of regret that he should not have laid down the woe upon the last to leave that day. He beckoned on the soldiers to bear him away.
“Go give him a befitting burial,” the man said as the soldiers lifted the corpse shoulder-high.
“A befitting burial indeed—” thought Henry, “in the mouth of Grandwala.”
All of a sudden, Harrison appeared in all mirrors shedding crocodile tears, after screaming into his mirror that he had a thing to say. After coming out he lamented, “My friend, my only friend, why should you be the last in Gyrus?”
“Never worry,” the magistrate patted Harrison’s back warmly. “Your friend’s going to be buried like a hero,” assured the man. Just then Harrison’s tone changed and he said, “I think I know who was responsible for my friend’s death.”
“Who?” asked the magistrate in apprehension as he quickly withdrew his hand from Harrison’s back, thinking that Harrison was about to challenge him for the curse he had laid down that had indirectly engendered Nick’s death.
Ted and Henry had similar views that were in contrast with the one held by the magistrate. They had rightly guessed that Harrison was going to point accusing fingers on them.
“Ted and Henry,” Harrison declared to justify the duo’s thought. “During the flight they gripped Nick’s arms and flung him away. I waited behind to have him treated but his wounds were irreparable,” Harrison framed a humongous lie.
“Henry and Ted again!” yelled the magistrate in annoyance.”
“It’s not true sir!” they protested in fret. “It was Harrison himself who knocked Nick down. He aimed at us but he missed and in the process collided with Nick, who fell down immediately.”
The dean demanded to see them right in front of him. They skidded to the podium.
Henry spoke with mixed feeling, “We had intended to report the case to you before now, but—” the magistrate barged in.
“You’re liars—” the man disagreed, “just as everyone refers to you. Why have you not reported this case to me personally through the mirror, if you really knew this?”
“We were scared that you won’t believe us,” Ted confessed.
“In order to avoid trouble we kept silent,” Henry added.
Harrison, not wanting the man to believe their reports, quickly said, “Sir, don’t believe them. Remember they are the two greatest liars in this kingdom.” Harrison sobbed loudly and the magistrate was affected by his hypocrisy.
“Harrison, you’re right,” said the magistrate, “Their lies came as a result of the duty they’ve got to perform, yet I know that it was not intentional—the pushing down of Nick.”
The man faced the boys and said, “It was a mistake, wasn’t it?”
The unnerved boys responded, “No, it wasn’t.”
“What!” the man expressed shock. “You mean it wasn’t a mistake—but intentional? You shall die!”
“We mean it was neither a mistake nor intentional,” said Ted, and Henry added, “We’ve done nothing, Harrison is the criminal.”
After much arguments the magistrate declared, “Ladies and Gentlemen, the two Gyrus greatest liars said they know nothing about this. What does that implies?” A hell of rejoinders sounded from the citizens in response to the man’s question.
“They knew a lot!” “They killed Nick!” “They meant the opposite” “They nipped Nick’s life in the bud!” “They’re performing their duty of telling lies!”
The whole planet rang continuously until the magistrate yelled, “It’s enough!”
Every one was expecting a verdict of instant execution of the two supposed offenders but the magistrate stunned them all by the judgment he gave:
“I release them both, because I’m quite sure it wasn’t done intentionally.” Being challenged by the citizens’ clamor that had greeted his verdict, the magistrate said, “You don’t expect clowns to have intentionally committed such a crime. They can’t have the mind.”
Releasing the two, they walked dejectedly to their seats. Henry’s suit was drenched with exudates from his skin and he was now very uncomfortable. Ted too was adjusting the tie on his neck. He was compelled to remove it later, throwing it on the floor without having it in mind to pick it up again later.
The man resumed his speech:
“Before the interruption, I was talking about—” the man paused abruptly to speak out an afterthought. “Henry!” he screamed and Henry almost slumped from his seat, being gripped with enormous fear, not knowing what the man was driving at again.
“I supposed you should be dead by now, how come you’re alive?” the magistrate spoke out in earnest.
“Why?” asked Henry impulsively.
“Your smells, it should have killed you, with your beards and rotten teeth too. How come you’re here alive?”
“Professor Wilson told me how to get rid of them,” Henry replied but his words made no impact.
“Yeah, I told Wilson that,” the magistrate affirmed, “But they are impossible tasks.”
“Well,” Henry smiled, “They were possible for Ted and me.” Henry adjusted his pair of glasses, stroke his nose lightly and cleared his throat in a boastful manner as he got prepared to deliver his extemporal speech.
“Ted and I journeyed to the Nile River in Egypt, swam in it and got the diamond knife that we used to get rid of the beard.”
“Shut up!” commanded the man gravely as a result of the synergic effect of aggravation and skepticism dominating his mind. “You can’t tell me that the great Shark in there was sleeping when you got in.”
“We killed it with a single blow of the diamond knife,” Ted said, rushing out to back up Henry’s claim. The man was greatly puzzled by the manner the boys had aired their convictions. He forced himself not to believe their stories by avoiding to hear what the dean had wanted to say.
“Since the origin of the knife no one had used it, so how do you kids want to prove to me that you used it, since it’s not for helpless kids like you, but for some powerful magicians, which were to come in the future? You’re not strong enough to face the powerful Shark guarding the knife, which I’m sure would have used your meat as its dinner and yet remain hungry, if indeed you’d gone there.”
“We’re not kids,” Henry spoke. “We killed it.”
“You guys are at your game again—clowning.”
“We ain’t playing no pranks! Think of the smell on Henry’s body, there couldn’t have been a way of getting rid of it without a bath in the river; the beards too—no way to get rid of it without the diamond knife.”
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by usmanspihn(m): 11:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
Cutlass I don catch you finally. U be winch ni abi u nor dey sleep
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 07, 2014
usmanspihn: Cutlass I don catch you finally. U be winch ni abi u nor dey sleep
None of the above...detected...7th ghost reader...
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Hyinkar97(m): 8:52am On Jan 07, 2014
Weldone sammy nice work...I love this a lot....I bet you will win a Nobel Laurette wit this
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by tbmas(m): 10:47am On Jan 07, 2014
Daddy, cum n post na
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 07, 2014
Hyinkar97: Weldone sammy nice work...I love this a lot....I bet you will win a Nobel Laurette wit this

amen o...8th ghost detected...
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by aytuns(m): 10:57am On Jan 07, 2014
LoL, seems like the title those two have as liars is going to complicate issues for them o. . Thank God ASUU don call off strike, imagine, i dey read sammy hoe, in front of lecturer
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 07, 2014
tbmas: Daddy, cum n post na

daddy? laughing mode activated grin grin cheesy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 07, 2014
story continuation

Ted’s response had only succeeded in boosting the man’s thinking faculty. The man reasoned quickly and said, “Oh yes, I know the riddle now. I never told you that Grandwala can do that too, but you guys were wise enough for you to have gone to Grandwala for solution. I’m sure he got rid of those things for you.”
“No!” yelled the boy, “If it has such ability, why didn’t you include that in the options before now, instead of just saying that the Nile and the knife were the only solution?”
The man laughed and said, “Those were the two things I could remember then. Listen, since you had those smells and beards put on you by that creature, it is quite clear that it’s also in its power to get rid of them for you as well.”
The citizens screamed in joy by the deduction made by the magistrate. They believed that the riddle had been solved. Henry and Ted were greatly abashed. They saw it of no use to say that they never went to Grandwala, since they knew that no one would believe them, taking them for pointless ones (people without a single Gyrus point) they sulked.
Again, Grandwala’s assertion came to Henry’s mind:
Magicians don’t believe the truth.
While the boys stood speechless yearning for release, the man suddenly spoke out, “Why have I been bothering myself all these while arguing with you guys? What I should have asked for was a prove.”
Hearing that, the boy’s heart lurched for fear. They almost had cardiac arrests when the magistrate asked, “Just present the knife as evidence and you’ll stand the chance of attaining the post of a Power Guard instantly in place of the runaway Kent Robins.”
“The knife?” the boys were confused, having lost it to the black man in the unknown town. “Em—em,” they stammered and Gyrus rang with excitement.
“Speak up and forget about the letter M,” the magistrate pronounced with hilarity. Henry found his voice later and spoke, “After using it some black men collected it from us.”
Henry’s voice evoked laughter from the citizens, including the magistrate who was interrogating them.
“Black men in where—Nile?”
“No. In the land where magic is impotent,” said Henry slowly, insinuating what would follow his statement. As envisaged, they jeered frenetically and their voices literally shook the whole planet, since the sound systems were faulty.
“Lying again?” the magistrate shouted at them. “I shall punish you both with amnesia.”
Hearing that, the boys began to plead for mercy, knowing that if such should happen Harrison would find it easy to get rid of their lives at will, without them being able to fight back with some paranormal skills.
“Not until you say something worthwhile you’ve achieved in this planet,” the man said in a critical manner. To everyone’s amazement, the boys smiled. Setting their attires well again, they prepared to say something.
“We’ve got a big surprise for the whole planet,” they said as they carried their bodies as if they were men of dignity.
“What’s it?” he hurried them up.
“We killed the Power Guard.”
“Please don’t laugh, please, please, please,” waved the magistrate quickly at the magichood in order to prevent the earthquake he had envisaged would result from the guffaws the citizens would give on hearing the boy’s funny speech. They readily kept silent, knowing themselves that the combination of thousands of laughter could result in a thousand decibel of noise that would be generated by the faulty gadgets and ultimately, a devastating earthquake would result.
“What is your proof?” asked the man without any further ado, with a harsher tone.
“His wand,” said the boys smiling, “We seized it from him after killing him in the Island of Forgetfulness.”
“You went there too?”
“Yes, on our way to Selemis.”
Not wanting to prolong the issue, the incredulous man demanded to see the said wand.
“Just show it to the entire planet. We’re eager to see it.”
The boys winked at each other, demanding that the other should bring it out. Harrison smiled where he sat, having pictured what the outcome of the scene would ultimately culminate in.
When none presented the wand, they were surprised at each other’s slowness in acting, despite the demanding task ahead of them.
“Henry,” Ted called first.
“Ted,” Henry called back.
“The wand,” whispered Ted.
“It’s with you, isn’t it?” replied Henry, slightly offended. “You collected it from me.”
“You must be joking,” replied Ted, greatly stunned as well as Henry.
“You know I’m not. What’s all these mess? Don’t keep joking Ted.”
“Are you insane?” shouted Ted angrily, not able to contain it anymore.
“You’ve just spoke my mind,” said Henry, “’cos that was the question I’d intended posing at you.”
“I guess that wine’s still intoxicating you Henry. The knife and the wand were with you when we left Egypt. You said that you kept the wand in your wardrobe, but the knife you lost to the negro—think Henry, think fast.”
“You came to collect the wand from me under the excuse that I was careless for losing the knife,” replied Henry genuinely, “Remember…after you slapped me that day…”
“Maybe you’ll have more slaps even now,” Ted said angrily and bequeathed Henry’s unguarded cheek with a resounding slap. The slap sounded like a rupturing nuclear bomb and the whole planet shook. Henry never hesitated to reply the slap.
The slapping spree continued since none of them was willing to be the last on the receiving end. The sounds came like thunders and flashes of lights appeared on the receivers’ cheek each time a slap was landing on it. Such outlandish occurrences could obviously be traced to the malfunctioning of the gadgets.
“Stop the slaps!” screamed the magistrate when he insinuated the danger in the continuity of the slapping spree. The boys stopped slapping each other and they engaged each other in wrestling. Ted brought Henry swiftly to the floor and sat on him, but Henry turned him over rapidly. Thereafter they were rolling on the floor, entangled in the grip of one another.
“Sto-o-o-o-o-p!” the magistrate yelled in fury and they retreated quickly, rising swiftly as they beat their clothes to get rid of the dust that had smeared their initially spick-and-span attires. They were now dirty from head to toe, as a result of the Gyrus dusts that had smeared their entire bodies.
The magistrate said, “It’s quite stupendous, I mean the fight. They really fulfilled their promise. They said they’ll surprise everyone and that they’ve just done.”
“How?” demanded the citizens.
“By the slaps,” the magistrate replied with succinctness. “We saw slaps accompanied with thunders and lightning today, something we’ve never seen before.” The man reduced his tone, faced the boys and continued.
“But we all know what was causing the thunders and lightning—the faulty gadgets of course!”
Ted and Henry were still leering indignantly at one another. The hope of becoming a Power Guard, now dashed, had almost driven them crazy. Not paying attention to the magistrate’s remark, they pointed accusing fingers at each other, whispering blames at each other as they faced the large hall. A hot argument ensued again:
“He’s to blame,” Ted pointed to Henry.
“He’s to blame,” pointed Henry back.
“Blame for what?” the magistrate asked amiably.
“For the inability of producing the Power Guard’s wand,” they replied con-currently.
The magistrate grinned and said, “You both are funny. Go have your seats; enough of the entertaining lies.”
The two boys reluctantly wobbled to their seats, taking different directions to avoid each other. The magistrate, seeing that the boys were already on their seats, said, “Now let’s get serious; we don’t know the whereabouts of the Power Guard. The cast on the Ultimate Round Glass on the last meeting day was only a deceit. I and Professor Wilson never found him when we got to his place.”
Still talking, some men dashed out of the control room. Not yet permitted by the magistrate to say something, the men broke the news instantly
“Sir, we saw Kent Robin’s image on the TV screen of the earth just now, through the Gyrus satellite. A news was about to be relayed.”
“Bring the TV screen,” commanded the magistrate instantly. Almost immediately, a large TV was borne to the spot. Kent Robin’s image was on it, but the TV was only making an incessant beeping sound of “pr—pr—pr—pr—pr—pr” but the sound was loud and clear.
“Nonsense!” the magistrate spoke in exasperation. Dolly gave Henry a light prod to call his attention. Henry turned his face to Dolly and she said with a smile, “That was my point the last meeting day—time difference.” Henry got her this time. She had affirmed that the reason why the earth seemed as if not revolving on the screen two days ago was due to the time difference between the two planets. Now again she was confident that the refusal of the earthly voice to sound out in Gyrus was a result of the difference in time.
“Pr—pr—pr—pr…” The TV beeped on.
“What’s all this?” yelled the magistrate, but the response of one of the engineers provided the answer, “Sir, according to my magical converter, this news will end in thirty-six hours Gyrus time.”
“Why?” the magistrate yelled furiously, punchy.
“Because the news lapses for thirty minutes on earth,” the engineer explained and that seemed to have confirmed what Dolly had told Henry. It seemed the magistrate was still confused, perhaps because he was not an engineer. But when the magistrate spoke eventually, everyone knew what was actually bothering his heart about the engineer’s report:
“What are you saying? Don’t we have the synchronizing device in that TV? It was supposed to bring about pluperfect synchronousness.”
“The TV is bad too,” explained the engineer, “We’d better be grateful that it’s still able to display something.”
The magistrate looked at the man scornfully and said, “What’s the point if the image in it is not moving and the voice’s not coming out? Have you tried the fast-forward button on its remote control?”
“Yes, we’ve tried it too—not working.”
“Shit!” the magistrate gave up all hope. The remote control could have assisted so much if not for its damage. The device (remote control) had been used in the past to save time when used to watch earth’s TV programs in Gyrus. It could make programs on TV, which would have spanned up to almost ten hours, (Gyrus time) to be compressed to ten minutes Gyrus-time. Had it been that it was still functioning well now, these current news would sure have been compressed to thirty-six minutes Gyrus time, thus bringing about the synchronousness of the Gyrus TV with the Earth’s, but for the little lags( of about six minutes) that would result.
The magistrate vented his spleen on the engineers for their inability to repair the gadgets.
“You’ve been under Kent for years yet you don’t know how to repair ordinary simple gadgets. Outta my sight!” the man hollered and the engineers fleeted away very fast.
“Is there no one in this whole planet that can help solve—?” the man paused as the bleeps emanating from the TV began to beep louder.
“There is,” a voice sounded and every one fixed their gazes on the screen to see the voice owner. The magistrate was very reluctant to look at the large screen behind him, conjecturing that it was either Ted or Henry. Harrison appeared on the screen!
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mohammad11: 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
Gyrus greatest ***** help them alot. If not they might got themselves in wahala.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by ismogimo: 5:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
Oga you no go give us lunch ni? Me am ungry now
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
lunch is on fire...togeda wit dinner... grin

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
“Come over!” the man hollered at once and Harrison fluttered forward.
“Harrison, how’ll you achieve that?” the man placed his hand on his shoulder lovingly.
“With my wand and talent of course,” Harrison replied confidently as he was set to begin the work. He waved his wand in the air as he walked closer to the TV. Harrison pointed his wand at the TV which had been emitting the offensive sounds ever since.
“Pr—pr—pr—pr—pr—pr—Professor Kent Robins, belonging to one of the top ranked university in the UK is dead!” said the newscaster, who had just appeared on the TV. The TV was functioning well again and the news seemed even faster. Harrison’s wand had acted as a remote control to fast-forward the news. According to our correspondent, a letter that was in the handwriting of the deceased, was found in his residence. The man had written the cause of his death on the letter. In it Kent Robins declared that he had belonged to the magic cult in a planet which, according to him, was the one thousandth planet from earth and the planet had a name called Gyrus.”
The citizens paid rapt attention as the news continued. Henry and Ted were antsy as they anticipated the mentioning of their names by the late Professor as his killer. They were possessed of the feelings of ambivalence as they gave themselves to the thought of what the aftermath of their anticipation would be.
Mentioning their names could bring promotion in Gyrus, but demotion and demolition on earth, since the law of the nation never condone the crime of murder.
“Professor Kent Robins made known in the letter what had led to his death,” continued the announcer. “He said that he died while trying to practice clairvoyance by using his mirror to view an Evangelist called Robinson Carew. He confessed that his mirror was shattered as soon as the man’s image appeared on it. Then he had to manage to scribble the letter before he passed on. Robinson Carew is the founder of the most—”
“Switch it off!” commanded the man and the TV was turned off instantly by a point of Harrison’s rod.
“What a news!” the magistrate spoke. “I believe it whole-heartedly, because I saw the said letter on his table myself when we got to his residence. Wilson had almost picked it up, but I told him to leave the thing where it was and concentrate on the search for Kent Robins. I never knew it was the letter. If we’d read it, the mystery could have been solved before now.”
“No mystery’s solved,” said Henry and Ted added, “We killed him.”
“Keep your lying lips shut, both of you!” the magistrate shouted as he turned his neck backward and fixed his eyes on the large screen behind him to view the boys. “It’s no time for clowning.”
The boys kept shut seeing the man’s fierce countenance. The magistrate turned to Harrison and said, “Harrison, does it mean you’ll be able to repair the rest of our gadgets and bring them back to the factory settings?”
“Yeah, it’s just too easy,” smiled Harrison. “Should I go ahead?”
“Of course!”
Harrison got to work. He pointed his wand at the Ultimate Round Glass and it returned instantly to its factory setting. A quick demoing of the repaired gadget revealed a golden coffin, which was borne by four men. Kent Robins was the man in the coffin. Family members and friends had discovered the corpse in the latrine and had picked it, and dressed it for interment.
Harrison repaired the AGC, Gyrus TV and all the electronic gadgets, in a brief moment. It was then the Achievers’ Ceremony, earlier scheduled for two earth days ago, was able to hold. Achievers were called forward to get their awards.
Instantly, Harrison attained to the position of a Mystery Maker and earned sixty extra points. He had to earn just fifty more points to become the Power Guard of the planet.
It was a mystery to all that Harrison’s wand could achieve such feat, yet it was all deception. The wand was the Power Guard’s wand, but Harrison had changed its appearance to his own.
The meeting was brought to a close and many citizens straggled to get to Harrison. They lifted him up like a king as they sang his praise.
The new Ted sat still, feeling sorry for Ted. He was going to wait for the boy. Ted did not show up, but Harrison came around.
“Hullo Ted,” Harrison greeted.
“Hi,” the new boy replied in apprehension.
“Why are you sitting here?”
“It’s my seat,” responded the new Ted.
“C’mon!” Harrison replied. “I took you to your right seat but you left there to this place, why?”
“That was for my namesake,” the boy said, “not for me.”
“That Ted!” exclaimed Harrison. Then smiling he said, “I’m sure you saw him in your mirror today?”
“Yeah—vividly.”
“Then I won’t need say anything ’bout him, since you’ve seen it yourself—greatest Gyrus liar.”
“You’re right,” said the boy, “The magistrate said that.”
“So… what’re you remaining here for? Won’t you go home?”
“He asked me to wait after the meeting.”
“You must be joking,” said Harrison. “I saw him leave Gyrus as soon as the magistrate announced the end of the meeting just now.”
“You don’t mean it!” the new Ted expressed shock. If what Harrison was saying were true, then the boy would be highly disappointed in Ted. Indeed Harrison’s observation was true. Ted had vanished quickly so that he could go meet Henry to unravel the mystery of the lost Power Guard’s wand.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by aytuns(m): 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
This is getting complicated... Imagine their dashed hope...eww feeling their pain
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Timcy2(m): 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
Feed me more pls! So much loving this.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Redhot111(m): 6:51am On Jan 08, 2014
Sammy hoe, shovel n digger, will u b kind enuf to let us hv sumtin dis mrnin?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Timcy2(m): 9:51am On Jan 08, 2014
cry sammy ;-(;-(;-( i will go and report you oo, Mummy Sammy Sammy hasn't given us breakfast.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mckemsoc(m): 10:49am On Jan 08, 2014
Sammy Hoe, if you don't wanna come back and meet a lot guys with heart attack, you better come and update oooo the waiting is killing me I swear.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Emanuel1997: 11:17am On Jan 08, 2014
Sammy Come Give Us Food Oh (Crying Bitterly) This Food Is Very Delicious We Need Brunch
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 08, 2014
*Peeps in to see if breakfast is ready* but was dissapointed *walks away dejectedly*
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mohammad11: 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
brunch? Hmmm wait, where is oga sammy first?. Pals kindly use d mirror to find sammy, his present is needed here @updates
oya ooo
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
Timcy2: cry sammy ;-(;-(;-( i will go and report you oo, Mummy Sammy Sammy hasn't given us breakfast.
mckemsoc: Sammy Hoe, if you don't wanna come back and meet a lot guys with heart attack, you better come and update oooo the waiting is killing me I swear.
Omortolah: *Peeps in to see if breakfast is ready* but was dissapointed *walks away dejectedly*
Emanuel1997: Sammy Come Give Us Food Oh (Crying Bitterly) This Food Is Very Delicious We Need Brunch
mohammad11: brunch? Hmmm wait, where is oga sammy first?. Pals kindly use d mirror to find sammy, his present is needed here @updates
oya ooo
mohammad11: brunch? Hmmm wait, where is oga sammy first?. Pals kindly use d mirror to find sammy, his present is needed here @updates
oya ooo
oya ooo
I am 'oversorry' for the 'overlong' period of a stay without food my people, it is due to subscription problem. Lemme go and subcribe now and then post brunch...pls house do you accept my apology?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Hyinkar97(m): 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

I am 'oversorry' for the 'overlong' period of a stay without food my people, it is due to subscription problem. Lemme go and subcribe now and then post brunch...pls house do you accept my apology?
apologia accepted ...this is my logomatic with loqua facae
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mckemsoc(m): 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

Apology accepted!

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Emanuel1997: 2:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sammy Hoe We Are Waiting sad
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2014
Story Continuation

Harrison and the new Ted roamed the large hall, but no one seemed to be present. The whole Gyrus was empty but for the two. Harrison convinced the visitor that Ted was a bad fellow. The new boy told Harrison what Ted had said about him:
“He said you were a bad fellow.”
“He said that?” Harrison feigned shock, “What do you now think of me?” he smiled spuriously.
“A good man,” said new Ted. “You work for the interest of the planet, repairing all the spoilt gadgets.”
Harrison held the boy’s hand, shook hands warmly with him and said, “You’re wise. Come with me to my place. I shall teach you all you need to know about this planet.”
The new Ted readily accepted the offer and they left instantly. Landing inside Harrison’s living room the younger Ted expressed his mind:
“Hey, it’s surprising, the speed of travel from earth to Gyrus and from Gyrus back to earth.”
“That’s magical power for you. Listen, we’ve only spent four minutes earth time in today’s meeting.”
“It’s quite impossible!” remarked the younger Ted, but his gaze at Harrison’s face saw him reading the truth.
“Yes,” Harrison said, “We deal in the impossible in magic world. We’re specialists in impossibilities. Come over here and I’ll teach you how to spy on other citizens secretly using your mirror.”
The younger Ted jerked toward Harrison as he placed the mirror down for them to see. Harrison spoke in a weird manner into the mirror and it appeared as if some images were beginning to form on it.
“Amazing,” beamed the younger Ted in puzzlement as he stroke his moustache-less maxilla. “I’ll use it to spy at my guardian’s bank account.”
Harrison marveled at the boy’s funny resolution, but kept silent. Suddenly the boy touched the extra-large, old fashioned, black-and-white TV in Harrison’s room and commented mockingly, “What an old, old-fashioned, black-and white TV you’ve got over here! Ours back at home was a splendid, expensive colored TV. Why can’t you jus’ get rid of this execrable shit and get another? You can go for a low-priced colored—”
Harrison had to stop him when he persisted in making those downgrading funny remarks.
“C’mon, stop chatting like a kid,” commanded Harrison and the boy kept quiet. “Who’s your guardian?” The smiles on the boy’s broad cheek suggested to Harrison how the boy had loved to discuss his family background with people. The younger Ted replied, “My Aunt, Keisha. She brought me to America, insisting that here’ll be better for me instead of the land of the mongoloids where I’d been for the past five years.”
“Where?” Harrison wanted to know.
“China,” the younger Ted responded. “I was learning Kungfu there. My Aunt noticed my lack of seriousness in my studies, resolved that learning Kungfu was a waste of time and took me away from there. She enrolled me in a high school here. First day at school my class teacher saw me displaying my kungfu skills, said I can do better and asked if I would like to join them in Gyrus planet. I agreed at once and that was how I became a Gyrus citizen.”
Harrison’s lips parted ways for a simulated smile to come out of them. Going by Harrison’s countenance, he was not the type that could smile so readily. Occasionally he had to force out the smiles, especially when attempting to achieve an end.
“Your Aunt was right,” Harrison said to Ted, whose eyes were now fixed on Harrison to know the reason for the pronouncement made last by him. However, Ted never got any further reply until he asked, “Right for what?”
“It’s of no use as your Aunt had said. Kungfu is of no use.”
“Why?” demanded Ted in a concerned manner. “It’s for self-defense.”
Harrison chortled.
“Never enough for self-defense where we have guns, knives and—”
“Hold it!” said Ted, “I can get rid of those things from the attacker’s grip by Kungfu kicks. We’ve got lots of names for different kicks.”
“In films isn’t it?” Harrison gave a quizzical laugh, his Adam’s apple making a pendulum type of oscillation from within his scruff. “Film tricks—uh. Lots of them this century when technology is advancing at an explosive rate,” Harrison joshed, but Ted was wearing a stony face. He was not buying Harrison’s idea. Instead, he replied, “I was there for five years, saw how Chinese films were made. Everything’s not about trick. We’ve got real fighting skills—real ones brother.”
“It’s okay,” Harrison had to cut him short. He would not welcome the idea of being alluded to as a brother. For all he cared he never had a blood brother, let alone a brother from another blood.
“It’s of no use where magic is involved,” Harrison concluded, but Ted stirred himself up to speak the more. Seemed he was Sinophilic.
“Well, I don’t think so,” the boy replied frankly.
Harrison never liked prolonged talk, especially if the raiser of it was not himself but another. He would do all in his might to put an end to such a dialogue, even if it would mean slapping the fellow who would want to have such debate going on.
Harrison shouted, “Stop the damn talk! I never brought you here to while the time away discussing junks.” He pulled Ted’s face roughly towards the mirror and said, “See!”.
“What are they?” Ted asked ignorantly but Harrison answered back, “What do they look like, monkeys?”
“Uhm! Not at all! They’re humans—just that I don’t know who they are.”
“You wouldn’t need to know,” said Harrison as he placed his mirror face downward on the floor and turned to Ted.
“Did you say you learnt Kungfu in China?” Harrison brought the topic again and Ted replied in retaliation, “What did you hear, Africa?” Harrison’s face crinkled in anger. Not able to stand such an insult, he aimed violently at Ted’s neck to strangle him, but Ted’s hands ripped faster to grab Harrison’s hands. Twisting it Ted said amusingly, “That was the Kungfu skill I told you about, and it’s called ‘Tornado strike’”.
Just then, Ted heard a bang on his head from nowhere and he had to release Harrison to attend to his hurt head. Harrison smirked and said in retaliation, “And that would be the magic skill I told you of. It’s called ‘Tumbler strikes’.” Looking at the object on the floor that had of its own accord smashed itself on Ted’s head, Ted saw a shattered tumbler.
“What!”
“So…answer me now,” commanded Harrison, wanting to raise the issue again which had earlier engendered the little fight. Sure that Ted would listen now, Harrison asked, “I said did you really learn the Kungfu in a Chinese Temple?”
“Yes,” Ted replied promptly, in a manner suggestive of the fact that he would not want to buy the idea of another tumbler conking him on the head.
“Is everywhere a fighting arena over there?” Harrison asked inquiringly.
“No. Why d’you ask?” demanded Ted, who could not guess what was going on in Harrison’s mind.
“The Chinese films I’d watched, it seemed everyone in them, including babies and ladies, had got nothing to do than fighting.”
Ted understood him now.
“Oh, those are just movie exaggerations,” said Ted, looking at Harrison’s face, “but not film tricks,” he added. “We have something of such in Hollywood movies too, isn’t it?”
“How?” demanded Harrison.
“Making everywhere seemed a battle ground. If that was how crime really is over here, no one will bother to migrate here.”
Harrison got him. Silence came after.
Harrison gave a wicked smile as he pondered upon and pronounced, “Chinese!”
“You love them, don’t you?”
“I hate Chinese,” Harrison pulled a strong face.
Ted was confused.
“But—” Ted paused, “you’ve got your seat among them in Gyrus, How come?”
“Yes it’s true,” said Harrison. “I hate Chinese but I have a flare for their tongues, mandarin.” It amazed Ted as he listened to Harrison speaking it briskly.
Harrison paused, gasped for air and said, “It’s energy demanding, that language. Without much food in the stomach I’ll advice you not to venture into speaking it at all.”
Ted laughed and said, “But I speak it even while fasting. But how did you learn it?”
“I didn’t,” replied Harrison.
“How?”
“I acquired it in Gyrus.”
“Without learning it? It’s impossible!”
“It’s possible in Gyrus,” defended Harrison. “To get it I had to naturalize to a Chinese in Gyrus. By naturalizing successfully, one will stand the chance of automatically understanding the nitty-gritty of the language spoken by such a country.”
Avariciously Ted confessed, “Maybe I’ll naturalize one day too, if possible every week, so that within a year I would have understood fifty-two languages if possible.”
Harrison chuckled and said, “I guess you’d be dead before you’ll be able to speak four.”
“How?” Ted expressed shock. “Does multilingualism kills? If so I’d rather drop my dream of becoming a polyglot,” he concluded in terror.
“Coward,” remarked Harrison as he took time to explain what was involved in acquiring the certificate of naturalization in Gyrus by taking time to talk about the death-oriented fights involved. It seemed Ted was now disinterested in something of such by the time Harrison finished his explanation.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
Harrison put an arm on Ted’s shoulder, gave it a light pat on the back and said, “Let’s be best friend chap. I’ll try protect you from those Gyrus liars. They’ll seek to hurt you, but I will protect you. You know they killed Nick, my best friend.”
Ted was terrified when Harrison mentioned Nick’s name. He thought that if Henry and Ted had succeeded in finishing Nick up, then they’ll just be able to do same to him too. However, the boy replied, “I’ll be glad to become your best friend.”
They embraced each other. At last Harrison spoke:
“Ted, it’s time to spy at Henry and Ted. Whatever I instruct you to do just do it—okay?”
“Sure,” Ted gave a sharp response. “I’m at your beck and call.”

“Ted, you’re crazy,” Henry shouted. “I gave it to you.
“Hey, keep shut Henry, you’re making me feel sick,” Ted raised his voice, “Stupid man.”
Despite the incessant knocks on the door and the sounds of the doorbell, the two were not jolted out of their hot fracas. They were much engrossed in the brawl that they never cared to know who the knocker was. If Henry had known that the person behind the door was Cynthia, he wouldn’t have persisted in the argument.
Cynthia had been knocking for four minutes (from the start of Gyrus meeting to the end of it) but never received any response. It was when she was about to leave that Henry and Ted returned to earth. Then they commenced the fight, which they had incepted in Gyrus.
The confused noise from behind the door made Cynthia glued to the door. She intensified her knocks, but all she kept hearing were sounds of nagging noises from within.
All of a sudden, Cynthia was able to make senses of the voices coming from within:
“Henry, I’ll go right away to tell Cynthia about the trick and the intention behind it—to woo her.” Henry was not a bit perturbed by Ted’s threat. He expressed his nonchalance by saying, “Go ahead and tell her. At least she’ll begin to fall in love with you at once. To hell with both of you!”
Cynthia was shocked. Her legs wobbled involuntarily. A surge of anger replaced instantly the passion she had earlier developed for Henry since the time the trick was played on her.
Ted, not able to swallow Henry’s insult, hit Henry hard on the cheek. Henry retaliated with impulse, setting Ted’s cheek on fire too. Ted did the same and the suspended slapping spree began again, but this time no thunder and lightning were accompanying them, since there were no Gyrus faulty gadgets in the room to bring about such.
All of a sudden, the two halted and began instantly to scratch their skins. A sensation of itching had suddenly taken over their skins.
“Oh, my body!” yelled Ted in agony, “It itches.”
“Aouch!” Henry cried too, nipping his skin to get rid of the itchiness.
Cynthia had already turned heeled to leave the vicinity when the two fluttered out in tandem. Ted almost collided with Cynthia, but managed to prevent the collision by simply holding her arms.
“Oh, I’m sorry,” Ted said rashly as he left her to get away, but it was Henry’s turn to do the same to her. Henry fled likewise, saying, “Hush, Cynthibabe, I’ll see you anon.”
“Get away from me!” yelled Cynthia into thin air.
The boys took their bath in a rush, but in separate places, yet the scratch persisted since the itches were never ready to let go of their skins. It seemed the water bath had only succeeded in increasing its intensity.
“Aouch! It’s the Gyrus dust,” Henry said quickly as he almost scratched the skin out of his body.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
ViktorMartins: Mr Hoe, its been interesting so far but why couldnt Henry ask Ted about the wand before they left for Gyprus?
That was the costly mistake they made...he assumed Ted was with it and Ted assumed same thing.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Redhot111(m): 6:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
Tnx Sammy bt more of dat won't hurt. Pls I'm waitin here oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply)

Faceless By Amma Darko / What Lurks In The Dark / Ibale{virginity}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.