Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,610 members, 7,972,245 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:20 AM

Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story (33237 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
He who needs more shall get more...so I'm gonna pour it out on fire redhot wink
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
Redhot111 asked for more after devouring a redhot brunch, so I just brought this redhot food down from the redhot firewood, so I decided to dedicate it to Redhot111

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
HE WHO SLAPS LAST

Since then Ted and Henry had been seeing eye to eye. The hatred they now had for one another was far stronger than the love they had ever had for each other. Those who knew them marveled at the drastic manner their love had gone rancid. Ted began to feel his need for another friend. His love for the new Ted waxed stronger, yet he had not set his eyes on the boy since the first and only time they had met.
He met his namesake later in Gyrus and asked for his hands in friendship but the boy in question shunned him.
“Don’t come near me,” snarled the younger Ted, “I don’t need Gyrus biggest liar for a friend. Harrison told me everything about you.”
“Harrison!” exclaimed Ted with anger. “But I told you not to move with him. He’s wicked.”
The younger Ted forced a smirk out of the corner of his dry lips then he said, “Harrison’s nice. You’re the wicked guy, not him.” He looked directly into the eyeballs of the old timer and said, “You promised to see me after the meeting, but you never showed up. I was stranded here. Thanks to Harrison who took me to his place and enlightened me more about the activities and challenges in this planet.”
“I’m sorry Ted. I forgot.” the older Ted apologized for his inability to keep his promise, but the younger was not pervious to his plea. He made to pull at the younger Ted’s arm to beg him further, but the boy held Ted’s arm quickly and shoved it off.
“Just leave me alone. Please let me be—okay?” the boy cried at him. “I can’t just develop friendship with you—greatest liar.”
Ted opened his mouth to speak again, but the younger Ted inserted his fingers into his ears, not willing to listen.
“You’ll regret this,” Ted sulked as he traipsed dejectedly to his seat, but the speed was yet more than the speed of light.
“Idiot!” the younger Ted pronounced as the older departed.
Susie, as well as many others, noticed the break in the relationship of Ted and Henry. They were shocked when they got to know that the boys who had just earned the award of the best friendship relationships only two days ago, were now disparaging one another.
“Satan is at work,” said Susie when she became aware of it.
Those who were present when Ted stated publicly the quality of real friends now made jest of him.
“False preacher,” they ridiculed. “Said something yesterday, kicked against it today.”
“Damn it!” Ted would go angry. “Mind your own business.”
Pete was at first thinking that the quarrel had resulted from the moment Henry dealt with Ted right before Cynthia and his friend, but his conviction was revolutionized when Cynthia eventually declared to him the supposed cause of the rancor:
“They were fighting over me,” Cynthia told Pete.
It seemed anything about Henry Cynthia had ever relayed to Pete had always become public within twenty-four hours, just like the ‘winkie stuff’ which almost made Henry mad. The false cause of the quarrel spread fast, like bushfire, Pete spearheading the rumor spreading.
It became unbearable for Henry when a boy he never knew, came around to give him a tap on the shoulder as he said, “Don’t fight over one lady. You’d better choose one out of the several ones dying out there to have you.”
“It’s out of it,” Henry replied, knowing that the cause was not what the boy was giving.
Henry’s rate of truancy increased, since he would not want to get names from his mates, especially the numerous departmental ladies, whose incessant advances he had turned down in the past. Those ladies marveled a lot that Susie, who was not very pretty-looking, was the only person able to win Henry’s favor; something that none of them was able to attain.
If not for Susie’s bossy character, those ladies could have confronted her when the Cynthia issue came up, to make fun of her. Since Henry’s movement was now unknown, Susie was unable to locate him to hear his own part of the story. She went for Ted instead and met him one day, after the end of a lecture period.
“Ted where’s Henry?” Susie demanded.
“You should know that,” replied Ted, unconcerned. “Ain’t you his departmental mate?”
“But you’re his friend,” Susie commented.
“Friend my foot! I don’t care to know where the son-of-a-bitch is. Just—just leave me alone Susie.”
Susie was amazed so greatly that she began to gasp for words instantly.
“Ted, why?” she managed to say at last. “I thought you guys are friend.” With great annoyance Ted responded again, “Never! He cannot be my friend anymore.”
“Why? What has come over you guys?”
“Ask him, he’ll tell you that.”
“What do you mean?” asked Susie persistently, “You’ve got to tell me what’s happening yourself.”
“I said go ask him,” Ted said as he made to leave Susie on the spot. “After all he caused it all.”
“The devil is at work,” whispered Susie, but Ted heard him. It seemed Susie was right because a diabolical issue had brought about the clash.
Luckily for Susie, she met Henry when she was leaving the lecture theater. Henry was walking slowly out of the school library.
“Hi Henry,” Susie greeted.
“Hello Susie,” Henry managed to reply. Susie saw how dull Henry’s facade was. She said, “You look morose, is anything the matter?”
“Nothing,” lied Henry, “It’s just that—” Henry paused abruptly.
“What?” Susie’s enthusiasm was provoked.
“Really nothing,” grinned Henry in conclusion. It was conspicuous that something was boiling in Henry’s mind that he would not want to speak out.
“You’re quarrelling with Ted, isn’t it?” Susie hit the nail on the head.
“Forget about that idiot,” Henry replied with repulsion, in a manner that was suggesting that he was now having aversion for the name Susie had just mentioned.
“He’s your friend for God’s sake!” shouted Susie, “Your only friend.”
“He’s not,” replied Henry without premeditating. “He’s a goddamn liar—became a friend through deception. You made that known to me then, isn’t it?”
Susie could not say a word, since the claims made by Henry were true. At last she said softly, “That was then. You guys have gone too deep into it than to just go apart this way.”
In apprehension, Susie waited to hear a response, but Henry was not ready to utter a word.
“What did he do?” asked Susie.
“You can ask him just that.”
“He said I should ask you this,” replied Susie genuinely.
“He’s in the right position to tell you.”
Susie was gutted. She looked critically at Henry and spoke in anger, “Henry don’t you know who’s talking to you? It’s Susie for Christ’s sake, Susie your girl. Do you want me to believe the rumor trailing your fight?”
“Which rumor?” asked Henry, but had the inkling of what she would say.
Susie calmed down and said, “Oh, I know it’s not true, that rumor. Those who hate us, I’m sure, cocked it up to quench our relationship. It’s of no use saying it ’cos it’s not true.
“Will you just tell me or forget about it?” shouted Henry at her. She felt guilty for having raised such a thing. However she said at last, “Henry, please I don’t believe in what I’m ’bout to say now, so don’t just take it serious.”
She looked at Henry’s mouth and it seemed to her as if he was about to say, “Say it”.
“Anyway, they said you guys were fighting over Cynthia,” She looked into Henry’s expressionless face and was afraid. In apprehension she added, “It’s a great lie, that’s what I’ve been telling them.”
Like a robot, Henry made a u-turn to leave Susie alone. She took hold of Henry’s right arm and said, “Henry, are you angry with me?”
“Hey, please just leave me alone.” Henry jerked his arm away from Susie’s grip and hurried away quickly.
“Henry!” Susie shouted his name, but he turned deaf ears to her calls. Great sensation of fear descended on Susie. She was afraid that the sour relationship between the two friends was fast affecting her own relationship with Henry too. She knew she must seek a way out instantly.
Pondering, Susie said, “How come? It was just last week Ted won the award as the best friend of the season. Devil is at work.”
The enmity between the boys grew worse day by day. They walked separately. Susie met with Ted and Henry at separate times. She agreed to meet the two on a specified meeting place so that the conflict could be nipped in the bud. The two had always agreed to honor her invitations, but had they never showed up once. However, Susie was persistent, having at the back of her mind that with the attitude of importunity, all things are achievable. It seemed her belief was hinged on the fact that she spent almost three years running after Henry before she was able to get him.
After about five or six acts of reneges by the two, at the time she had lost hope, Henry and Ted surprisingly showed up at the rendezvous. Susie could not believe her eyes when she got to the place, walking slowly and met the two standing few meters apart and looking different directions. Susie was the happiest human on the planet that day. She knew it was just a stone-throw to the re-union of the two friends, turned enemies overnight.
“Oh my… I’m glad you guys honored my call at last,” She said, revealing deep smiles, but she was the only one in such frenzied mood. The two were quiet and gloomy.
Ted was the first of the two to speak:
“What next?” Ted asked laconically. “I’ve got no time to waste here doing nothing.”
“Em—em—” Susie stammered, “I just want you guys to tell me the reason—” Her eyes met with Henry’s hostile look and she paused. Picking up courage, she completed her statement.
“Reason behind y—your con—conflict, and—” she paused again. She was afraid to say, “Let’s get it settled” for the fear that the boys would flutter away as soon as she had mentioned that.
“Let this idiot speak first,” Henry abused, pointing belligerently at Ted.
“He’ll do that first,” Ted argued. The two took some times pointing at each other as they closed in on themselves, thereby reducing the enormous gap that was before them earlier. They never stopped pointing inimically at each other until Susie intervened by coming between them.
“Em—maybe you’ll let me make the choice,” she spoke slowly. “It’s going to be at random, not for biasness,” she voiced out in apprehension. The two nodded in conformity and she was pleased.
She was faced with the difficulty of who to choose, until Ted shouted, “Hey, you’re wasting my time, young lady.”
She spoke with her upper teeth held tightly against the lower ones.
“Em—em, Ted you speak first.”
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by aytuns(m): 8:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mr hoe, thanks for keeping the story on, its refreshing..
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mohammad11: 9:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
I/we cant just stop saying "more updates please" because it suites the mode am/were in...
Pls never get irritated by always request because it worth it all.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Seastar(m): 10:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sweet like sugar
Tasty like chicken
Everybody like Sammy Hoe

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Redhot111(m): 5:09am On Jan 09, 2014
Sammy Hoe: He who needs more shall get more...so I'm gonna pour it out on fire redhot wink
infact na real man u be. In short na woman born u for pouring out hot manna on us on daily bases. U gallant
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Redhot111(m): 5:26am On Jan 09, 2014
If I ask 4 more nw, sammy may want to change my name frm Redhot111 to Oliva Twist. So if I hv my way I would want more. Isn't dat a polite way of askin 4 more?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by aytuns(m): 5:48am On Jan 09, 2014
Mawning guys, sammy, abeg wake shap shap prepare breakfast o, i dey H !
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by smithsammy(m): 7:18am On Jan 09, 2014
oga sammy hoe, where is my breakfast?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Emanuel1997: 7:50am On Jan 09, 2014
Sammy Hoe I Don Come Again U Made Me Go To Sleep Yesterday Without Dinner Am Very Hungry And Angry angry
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Timcy2(m): 8:47am On Jan 09, 2014
Breakfast pls!!!! Yawns
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by joseff14(m): 8:54am On Jan 09, 2014
sammy we want our breakfast pls.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 09, 2014
*patiently waiting and checking the time* gud morning peepz ao ya 9t?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Redhot111(m): 9:41am On Jan 09, 2014
Sammy don't even try to hide cos I must locate u with my magic wand if u do. So jst cum out n tell d story now b4 I vex cos my vex no dey good 4 bodi at all
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 09, 2014
monachy: guy dis tin is tooo short ... The way you are posting nowadays is making the thread and the story to get boring ..
Ted did not know what to say. He was not going to say that it was an issue in the magic, otherwise Susie will discover their secrets. It was then it dawned on Henry that if it was himself that was called to speak, just like Ted, he wouldn’t know what to say either.
“Em—em,” stuttered Ted at last as he thought of what he would say. “It’s the issue of who gets a lady between me and Henry,” Ted lied.
Susie was astounded, but Henry protested, “He’s lying.”
“W-which lady?” asked Susie, “Was it me?” Susie waited for Ted’s response, though she had an idea of what Ted would say, since the rumor had earlier got to her days before. She stared at Ted dolefully, awaiting the unpalatable response Ted would give.
“Cynthia,” Ted said eventually, corroborating what Susie had imagined. “I guess you know her,” Ted said hilariously, smiling gleefully.
“Very well,” Susie whispered frustratingly as she was getting ready to leave the scene.
“Bloody liar!” Henry yelled at Ted, about to begin a fight with him at once. Henry threw his arm at Ted and a slap landed on Ted’s face.
“You slap me?” Ted replied in annoyance as his palm swooped down on Henry’s cheek in retaliation. The sounds of the slaps attracted Susie back to the scene. She rushed to settle the fight, poking herself between the two fighters whose palms were spread out in readiness for another round of slaps. Two heavy-duty slaps, of equivalent intensity, landed on Susie’s cheek from right and left, and she was deaf ephemerally, but for the humming sounds that was ringing in her ears. The two stood still, having realized what they’d just done.
“You slapped me?” Susie sobbed as she cupped her two red cheeks in her palms. The pangs on them were terrible, making Susie to rush away from the scene. Ted and Henry could not resume the slaps. They stood stupefied, turned opposite ways and left without uttering a word.

small but delicious breakfast tongue just trying to teach you guys how to be contented with little food. Let's meet again for lunch later in the day grin .
monachy u wan tell me say u nor belleful? okay I go post one way you nor go fit chop finish now cheesy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 09, 2014
joseff14: sammy we want our breakfast pls.
hi! long tyme.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 09, 2014
Omortolah: *patiently waiting and checking the time* gud morning peepz ao ya 9t?

my nite was superb, yours?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 09, 2014
guy dis tin is tooo short ... The way you are posting nowadays is making the thread and the story to get boring ..
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 09, 2014
As common to bad news, the hearsay of the enmity between the two best friends of the season spread around the campus. Anywhere the boys were traversing, they would always see people hanging around, gossiping about them in whispers, and pointing towards them. Some of those talebearers had even taken it upon themselves to make posters on whose the boy's pictures were displayed. The posters read, “Best friends of the season fight one another over a Chinese lady”. Many comments were also printed in the school’s weekly publications, which many read with delight.
Henry’s mate psyched him up to take up a public fight with Ted, so also did Ted’s mate. The two agreed to a fight and the judo court was the venue chosen for the fight.
During those periods, Susie was sick. The thought of losing Henry, rather than the effect of the slaps, had stimulated her bad health condition. She was not a bit comfortable, whenever she cast her mind back to the many attempts she had made before getting Henry. To her, the worst part of it was that she had lost Henry to a mongoloid.
Susie wept everyday in her room, soaking the pillows and bolsters with her tears. She played with her mute teddy bear most of the time, communicating her woes with the lifeless little thing, whose response to Susie’s woes seemed cold and no response at all. Itself ended up soaked in Susie’s incessant flowing water—tears.
Though Susie was aware of the fight that Henry and Ted had embarked upon, yet she did not avail herself of watching it for lack of interest. Henry was dressed in white clothing, as well as Ted, for the fight. The two fighters bowed their heads to the crowd around them, who were set to watch the bout. Cynthia and Pete were among the crowd as well. Pete was laughing ridiculously as the two fighters demonstrated their skills before them, before the fight.
“Yaaaaah!” cried Henry, flexing his minuscule muscles.
“Yoooooh!” Ted cried also, doing same, “I’ll finish you up in a picosecond. The spectators laughed at Ted’s statement. Henry was scared, thinking that Ted was thinking of using the magic.
Henry shouted, “Hope you’re not using magic.”
The audience laughed ignorantly, believing that those guys were only joshing.
“These two fighters are jokers,” said Pete to Cynthia and everyone said similar thing to their neighbors as well. The audience prompted them to take action quick by their provocative hullabaloos.
Ted ran with full speed and threw his two legs at Henry to give him some formidable dual kick, but the latter ducked it. Ted fell with a thud to the concrete floor. He groaned in pain and Henry laughed heartily as he made to land on Ted with all the strength he could muster. Henry landed on the floor instead, since Ted had already rolled away from the spot. Henry’s buttock ached greatly and he groaned in pain.
Ted stood up, wobbling at first, but soon regained his balance, though slowly. He ambled with heavy steps to get to Henry, who was still groaning on the floor. Ted clenched his fist, bent over Henry and aimed a punch at his stomach, but Henry cleverly rolled away from the direction of Ted’s fist. Ted hit the floor hard and he made a very loud noise of agony. His fist was swollen at once.
“Yeah, got you,” Henry screamed as he rose to his feet. As if Henry had not learnt any lesson from Ted’s action that had seen him crash to the floor earlier after throwing his two legs simultaneously at him, Henry made the same move and he landed on the floor too, having missed Ted, his target.
The two were unable to do anything. They lay on the floor feeling pain all over. The spectators howled as they viewed the interesting gusto unfolding before them. However, the fighting clowns were eventually borne away to the clinic for treatment, their white attires had turned brown already with dirt.
Funny enough, the boys were put in the same hospital ward. Their beds were opposite each other. They could barely speak.
“You’ll pay for these injuries,” Henry spoke first, touching his swollen body.
“And you too,” Ted replied.
“You lied against me in Susie’s presence—huh.”
“Because you lied against me too,” blushed Ted, “that you gave me the wand,” he whispered.
“Don’t talk to me,” Henry shouted and Ted replied, “You spoke to me first.”
A friend told Susie that Henry was in the clinic.
“Who cares?” responded Susie to the wonderment of her friend.
“But—” said Nancy in a state of shock, “he’s your boyfriend.”
“He doesn’t care about me or my feelings. He’s in love with that second year student, Cynthia. He had proved that by the slap he gave me. I’ll have to look for another suitor,” said Susie, in a tone deserving pity.
When she was alone she pondered upon the little words of motivation Nancy her friend had said to her as a parting gift that day:
“Maybe you shouldn’t give up now. You’ve gone too far to just give up,” Nancy had said, not realizing the impact of her friendly advice on Susie. Nancy added, “Let’s walk faster; we could be late for lecture.”
Her hope was stirred up a little by what she had heard from Nancy. The little advice rendered by Nancy soon developed into an invaluable impetus for Susie to keep trying. She came about an interesting plan after coming by lots of unacceptable ones. She was pretty sure that the boys will not attempt to disobey the dean, so her plan was going to include the dean.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by DzTzl(f): 11:12am On Jan 09, 2014
ill b waiting patiently for brunch wn its served
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 09, 2014
DzTzl: ill b waiting patiently for brunch wn its served
k...I'll be waitin too grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Timcy2(m): 11:56am On Jan 09, 2014
Sammy, pls feed us more.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by smithsammy(m): 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2014
Sammy Hoe:
k...I'll be waitin too grin
i am insatiable really, i always want more!
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
smithsammy: i am insatiable really, i always want more!
namesake nor find my trouble dis afternoon o. house, una nor want make I rest ni? I know wetin I go do una Yes I have an idea...

Breaking news: there is nationwide Genius-thread fasting from now till next week Friday, so no more story updating till then.
grin Soliloquises: At least I fit go rest till then..oops cheesy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Redhot111(m): 2:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
Sammy Hoe:
namesake nor find my trouble dis afternoon o. house, una nor want make I rest ni? I know wetin I go do una Yes I have an idea...

Breaking news: there is nationwide Genius-thread fasting from now till next week Friday, so no more story updating till then.
grin Soliloquises: At least I fit go rest till then..oops cheesy
This ur nationwide Genius-thread fasting will giv way to nationwide Genius-thread protest which will in turn lead to uprising and an eventual breakdown of law and order not only in Genius thread land, but in the whole of universal nairaland. So the earlier we abolish dat fasting the better 4 Nairaland n you in particular cos at d end u could b charged 4 war crime.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Emanuel1997: 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
I WANT MY DINNER NOW SAMMY HOE IF U DONT WANT ME TO BE CRYING TO U FOR STOMACH PAINS
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by smithsammy(m): 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
fasting? for where? u dare not try such. u started it, yea! u did. you arouse my hungriness for this story and u are now saying u want to have a break. if hear!
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mohammad11: 3:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
I couldnt believe sammy talking about break, dont mind him he is joking jare....
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by aytuns(m): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2014
Emem sammy where supper, thanks for breakfast and lunch anyway, lol
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
aytuns: Emem sammy where supper, thanks for breakfast and lunch anyway, lol
supper at this time? too early...BTW didn't you see the information posted above, that there's dry fasting until next week friday.?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Emanuel1997: 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2014
UNH SAMMY U WAN KILL PERSON OH U WAN MAKE MAMA EMMANUEL COME CARRY U FOR POLICE STATION DRY FASTING KE PLZ PLZZZ NO TRY AM OH
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

my nite was superb, yours?
Great and ao was ur day? Lest i 4get a nice story u've got there. Kip it up!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply)

Faceless By Amma Darko / What Lurks In The Dark / Ibale{virginity}

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.