Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:14 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread - Education (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread (78667 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) / Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (105) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by bizmania(m): 1:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
Jesus! Come! What am I seeing? My own school was even drawn to face OAU.... I haven't seen anything and was complaining.... @FYNESTBOI pls consider what @LARRIDE was saying ooo. Pls... Ha! Pls ooo.. Supporters oya come and support this motion ooo pls! I AM SYLVA! Where art thou? Nah two of us dey battle this together ooooo....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 1:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
Rexsul: Taaaaa...i dont like dat idea ooo....u knw its gonna b xam tinzz afta ds strike...abeg no time oo..
[size=20pt]lol forget about the exam thing which other reason do you think can make this idea not to stand..? [/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by larride(m): 1:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
Rexsul: Taaaaa...i dont like dat idea ooo....u knw its gonna b xam tinzz afta ds strike...abeg no time oo..

It won't be fair to just win/lose and qualify or be eliminated, the reason why we are grouped is for us to tackle each other and the best two to qualify, if that idea isn't going to work, then it shouldn't be in group since its going to be a single debate. Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 1:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
bizmania: Jesus! Come! What am I seeing? My own school was even drawn to face OAU.... I haven't seen anything and was complaining.... @FYNESTBOI pls consider what @LARRIDE was saying ooo. Pls... Ha! Pls ooo.. Supporters oya come and support this motion ooo pls! I AM SYLVA! Where art thou? Nah two of us dey battle this together ooooo....
[size=20pt]lol thank God you are seeing what am seeing now....cheesy [/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
larride:

It won't be fair to just win/lose and qualify or be eliminated, the reason why we are grouped is for us to tackle each other and the best two to qualify, if that idea isn't going to work, then it shouldn't be in group since its going to be a single debate. Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
[size=20pt]you are giving me much reason to buy this idea, if you all agree then the group match starts as from next week tuesday... [/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=20pt] IF YOU SUPPORT THIS IDEA PLEASE SIGNIFY...[/size]
I support! It will look real that way .it won't be like a thing of luck.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Mhyke: 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
the idea is good in the sense that it gives each team more chances to qualify bt it's kinda longgggggg......i partially support the home and away(1st and 2nd leg) idea,including that in the 2nd leg, our status will change. we will oppose another topic instead of supporting like we dd in d first leg
but if it's bssed on protocols,no wahala..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fentoluwa: I support! It will look real that way .it won't be like a thing of luck.
[size=20pt]ok waiting for others.... [/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mhyke:
i drew a table while the unis were being grouped.oau should b cmpetn against uniben
mehn, thanks bro....this one make sense o, UNIBEN VS O.A.U.....hmmn, the battle just begin, who would win between this two giants.....oluwatola5 vs i-amsylva....hmmn,best of luck to both of them....
UI VS NDU, hmmn, what should we expect, i hope we won't lose this time around......and if ogafynest idea is put into place, then we would be battling against KSU(fentoluwa), UNN....best of luck to us sha.......... I REST MY CASE.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 1:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mhyke:
the idea is good in the sense that it gives each team more chances to qualify bt it's kinda longgggggg......i partially support the home and away(1st and 2nd leg) idea,including that in the 2nd leg, our status will change. we will oppose another topic instead of supporting like we dd in d first leg
but if it's bssed on protocols,no wahala..
[size=20pt]ok here is another idea let hear more ideas and view...... Thank you... [/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 1:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
aysuccess99:
mehn, thanks bro....this one make sense o, UNIBEN VS O.A.U.....hmmn, the battle just begin, who would win between this two giants.....oluwatola5 vs i-amsylva....hmmn,best of luck to both of them....
UI VS NDU, hmmn, what should we expect, i hope we won't lose this time around......and if ogafynest idea is put into place, then we would be battling against KSU(fentoluwa), UNN....best of luck to us sha.......... I REST MY CASE.
cheesycheesy
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Damie010(m): 1:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=20pt] Good idea we are ready to buy this idea if all schools support this...

That mean the group stage match would start next week wednesday if all schools accept and agree to this.,
[/size]
Yes. cool.. This means there's gonna b a rematch btw OAU and FUNAAB...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Mhyke: 1:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
bizmania: Jesus! Come! What am I seeing? My own school was even drawn to face OAU.... I haven't seen anything and was complaining.... @FYNESTBOI pls consider what @LARRIDE was saying ooo. Pls... Ha! Pls ooo.. Supporters oya come and support this motion ooo pls! I AM SYLVA! Where art thou? Nah two of us dey battle this together ooooo....
looolllllssssssssss,nw u'r supporting d idea cos of oau?
oau ft intimidate oo
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by IamDejman(m): 1:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mhyke:
pls save the space for smithsammy,he already expressed his interest in representing any1 unavailable.
ok but let him signify himself!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 1:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
Damie010:
Yes.
[size=20pt]ok oooocheesy [/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Mhyke: 1:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
larride:

d idea is just acceptable for consideration.
the initial method can b compared to that adopted in football league,it also makes sense except that no home and away involed
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by king94(m): 1:54pm On Dec 14, 2013
I prefer d home nd away format. D oda one is too long.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by king94(m): 1:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
Rexsul: Abeg who b d actor for Futaa? mainwhile who wil Futminna meet afta Futaa?
I'm d main actor for FUTA.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
larride:

I mean everyone in each group will face each other and the top two with highest accumulated point after the three matches will qualify as group winners and runners up.
as much as i would love it. I would like to give out the conditions include: d duration of d debate will extend(might be not be conviniences 4 d debaters and judges) skul will be resuming soon, so time of debates will be adjusted.
I am indifference to it
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by larride(m): 2:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
Damex333: as much as i would love it. I would like to give out the conditions include: d duration of d debate will extend(might be not be conviniences 4 d debaters and judges) skul will be resuming soon, so time of debates will be adjusted.
I am indifference to it

Both the coordinators, judges and debater can definitely make this work if we want too, that school is resuming back now shouldn't be an excuse, the debate would come up on weekends on you know, not necessarily during the week. Anyway, its just my opinion and whatever the coordinators choose, we will definitely works towards that.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
And the co-ordinators should check first if there is enuf topics cos there can't be a repeat of topic
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Mhyke: 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
Damex333: as much as i would love it. I would like to give out the conditions include: d duration of d debate will extend(might be not be conviniences 4 d debaters and judges) skul will be resuming soon, so time of debates will be adjusted.
I am indifference to it
ture talk .if that method is adopted,will d winners be ranked according to points or numba of times they won?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by snoopy(m): 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2013

Its a very good idea and I would have supported it but for time and logistics constraints. It would stretch the time of the entire competition and as a result could make it too tedious and some may gradually lose the drive and enthusiasm.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by PrinceJustice(m): 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
The Idea is cool, but let their be a VOTING BY EACH SCHOOL for or against the Idea. So all debaters from each school will agree within themselves whether to VOTE THE IDEA OR NOT, then at an agreed time each school will cast their VOTE. This will ensure fairness and JUSTICE
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by agrovick(m): 2:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hello everybody, this is to inform u all that the group stage of this debate will be decided the same way football matches are done. We the coordinators adopted this new idea because u our esteemed audience and debaters deem it appropriate to follow this trend and considering some schools that met in the preliminary round have been drawn together, we deem it fair to adopt this new method so as to give a healthy competition between all the schools in a group. Unfortunately this wont involved the home and away method proposed because we all knw the situation on ground, most schools will be resuming soon and students will be busy in trying to make sense in their primary duties for now and this might result in clashes with the debate schedule, so please bear with us. The date for the commencement of the group stage will be communicated to u. Thank u and God bless
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by snoopy(m): 2:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=20pt] GROUP A
A1 (SUPPORTING)
A2(SUPPORTING)
A3 (OPPOSING)
A4 (OPPOSING)

A1 VS A3
A2 VS A4

[/size]

Why don't we have an overview showing all groups, their respective teams and the fixed matches? Having to be checking back and forth whose A1, D3, B2 etc can be a bit draining sad
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mhyke:
ture talk .if that method is adopted,will d winners be ranked according to points or numba of times they won?
it can be like this.
W D L nP TOTAL
win draw lose no of points and total
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by larride(m): 2:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
snoopy:

Why don't we have an overview showing all groups, their respective teams and the fixed matches? Having to be checking back and forth whose A1, D3, B2 etc can be a bit draining sad

Seconded!!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by agrovick(m): 2:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
Number of times they won, if there is a tie, either head 2 head/ total points will be considered
Mhyke:
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
Win=3mark
draw= 1
lose=0
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 2:36pm On Dec 14, 2013
snoopy:

[size=20pt] calm down thats coming up soon.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (105)

Miracle Anele, Rivers University SUG President & His Bodyguard (Photos) / Accommodating An Insolent Girl / UK Pervert Teacher Who Forces Pupils' Hands Down Her Trousers Jailed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.