Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,726 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:36 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread - Education (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread (78669 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) / Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (105) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by king94(m): 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=20pt] calm down thats coming up soon.[/size]
I feel dat d group ish would be too tedious joor. Most contestants(including me) will not have tym wen skul starts and this can lead to abandonment of matches. I don't want to face 3 teams in d group stage cos its too long nd interest will gradually reduce.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
While I support the idea of the football match type fixtures, I do not support the idea of the football points type.

Example if UAZ beats UBC 23points - 5points and YTR beats TYR 78points to 75points... That system will favour UAZ which shouldn't be.

Let the total score accumulated be the judging criteria I.e addition of all points gotten
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
king94: I feel dat d group ish would be too tedious joor. Most contestants(including me) will not have tym wen skul starts and this can lead to abandonment of matches. I don't want to face 3 teams in d group stage cos its too long nd interest will gradually reduce.
[size=20pt]dont worry we gonna be fast about it....... we are starting this by next week and the time is gonna be favorable probably in the evening and moreover the group stage match will end this month by God's grace[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 2:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
ojoawo: While I support the idea of the football match type fixtures, I do not support the idea of the football points type.

Example if UAZ beats UBC 23points - 5points and YTR beats TYR 78points to 75points... That system will favour UAZ which shouldn't be.

Let the total score accumulated be the judging criteria I.e addition of all points gotten
[size=20pt]yap this is the way it would be

DEBATE SCORE-----78 and if such school wins then at the front of the debate score we include the debate point 10...

i.e there will be two different grading the debate score and the debate point......[/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by king94(m): 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2013
Owkai. Bring out topics fast oooo.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
king94: Owkai. Bring out topics fast oooo.
[size=20pt]in the next one hour expect the topic and the fixture.....[/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by PrinceJustice(m): 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mehn I just can't wait!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by LaRochelle(f): 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fynestboi, please could you post the schools instead of just using the group ID? As in instead of saying A1 vs A3, say UI vs OAU. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
La Rochelle: Fynestboi, please could you post the schools instead of just using the group ID? As in instead of saying A1 vs A3, say UI vs OAU. Thanks.
[size=28pt]currently working on that[/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 3:16pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by PrinceJustice(m): 3:16pm On Dec 14, 2013
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool 8 cool cool cool cool cool)
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by smithsammy(m): 3:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
IamDejman: Lasu vs Funaab

If u want to fill in for Festus by participating in this debate representing Lasu, pls signify
am putting in for him. So, where do we start from?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 3:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 3:26pm On Dec 14, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=20pt]ok oooocheesy [/size]
i'm strongly against dis idea in situ. Firstly, if we ve to group schools at this stage of d competition then we would be negating the very methodology of football competition which this debate purportedly claims to be employing n abiding by. This grouping idea should ve been employed in the first round and not now. If this grouping idea is anything to go by sir, then we ar ridiculously saying ''after knockout stage, then group stage''..dis is an aberration of d rules of football on which this competition was built. The reason behind advocating for this grouping idea should be taken with a pinch of salt and be tossed into a trash-bin like a rumpled unimportant piece of paper. Somebody might argue that the first round was like qualifiers? That was not what we agreed on before we registered our interests. The rules and the methods were clear enough and that was what spurred our interests in the first place. Thus, Vacillating the methods and plans of the competition every now n then wud dwindle away the Fervour of the debate, thereby making the debaters tepid, which in turn might lead to some debaters loosing interests and opting out. I know you dn't want that to happen sir? Hence, sir, Such suggested fickleness of methodology should be taken as a parlous vacuity. Additionally, If you eventually buy this groupin idea, u wud make d debate a jog-trot, to be too long and therefore stultifying. Sir, Consider the MB we use, the effort we put into researching and typing our debates. E.g i knw d stress i passed thru typin my debate because my phone had word limit. I believe there were some debaters who had similar problem like me. I remember one Nairaland university debater who posted just a paragraph of his debate n that made NU to loose d debate. That mistake, i believe, was not unconnected to his phone. Making it a group format would compound the already stressful situation as we would have more matches than should be necessary. Pls sir put all this into consideration n discard this groupin idea. Now to the question of making d debate home and away. For me, this idea is totally absurd. What do we mean by home and away? Sir this is not a league or a world cup qualifier. This's a debate competition even though we are trying to model it after football. If we are to model this debate like a league say champion's league, then we wud be losing the thread with which this debate was sewed. What that implies is that If we have to do it home and away, then we should start all over again because that would be an injustice to the schools that were eliminated in d first round. If we had had home and away rule from the incipient stage, then some of the schools that were eliminated might still have been in the competion. I vehemently assert we should operate by what we have already agreed on before the commencement of d debate. If u change d rules nw, then wats d possibility that u won't change it again later on. A competition shouldn't be fickle, there must be a clear, well-laid down and established rules by which it abides. World cup has its rules, project fame ditto. Their respective rules dn't change midway into the competitions. Jst imagine fifa saying in next world cup, after the group match the knockout stage would be in a group format again. I bet u, u wud loose interest sir. And thats what u are abt doing to some debaters if u buy this grouping idea. Moreso, Most of the people i knw advocating for this so called grouping are those seeking revenge. If they are seeking revenge against any school, then they should invite the school in a friendly match. But that should be allowed after this competition is ova coz they dn't play friendly matches while a tournament is going on. Thank u sir ~training my fingers for d next stage~ winks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
Epaul: i'm strongly against dis idea in situ. Firstly, if we ve to group schools at this stage of d competition then we would be negating the very methodology of football competition which this debate purportedly claims to be employing n abiding by. This grouping idea should ve been employed in the first round and not now. If this grouping idea is anything to go by sir, then we ar ridiculously saying ''after knockout stage, then group stage''..dis in an aberration of d rules of football on which this competition was built. The reason behind advocating for this grouping idea should be taken with a pinch of salt and be tossed into a trash-bin like a rumpled unimportant piece of paper. Somebody might argue that the first round was like qualifiers? That was not what we agreed on before we registered our interests. The rules and the methods were clear enough and that was spurred our interests in the first place. Thus, Vacillating the methods and plans of the competition every now n then wud dwindle away the Fervour of the debate, thereby making the debaters tepid, which in turn might lead to some debaters loosing interests and opting out. I know you dn't want that to happen sir? Hence, sir, Such suggested fickleness of methodology should be taken as a parlous vacuity. Additionally, If you eventually buy this groupin idea, u wud make d debate a jog-trot, to be too long and therefore stultifying. Sir, Consider the MB we use, the effort we put into researching and typing our debates. E.g i knw d stress i passed thru typin my debate because my phone had word limit. I believe there were some debaters who had similar problem with me. I remember one Nairaland university debater who posted just a paragraph of his debate n that made NU to loose d debate. That mistake, i believe, was not unconnected to his phone. Making it a group format would compound the already stressful situation as we would have more matches than should be necessary. Pls sir put all this into consideration n discard this groupin idea. Now to the question of making d debate home and away. For me, this idea is totally absurd. What do we mean by home and away? Sir this is not a league or a world cup qualifier. This's a debate competition even though we are trying to model it after football. If we are to model this debate like a league say champion's league, then we wud be losing the thread with which this debate was sewed. What that implies is that If we have to do it home and away, then we should start all over again because that would be an injustice to the schools that were eliminated in d first round. If we had had home and away rule from the incipient stage, then some of the schools that were eliminated might still have been in the competion. I vehemently asssert we should operate by what we have already agreed on before the commencement of d debate. If u change d rules nw, then wats d possibility that u won't change it again later on. A competition shouldn't be fickle, there must be a clear, well-laid down and established rules by which it abides. World cup has its rules, project fame ditto. Their respective rules dn't change midway into the competitions. Jst imagine fifa saying in next world cup, after the group match the knockout stage would be in a group format again. I bet u, u wud loose interest sir. And thats what u are abt doing to some debaters if u buy this grouping idear. Moreso, Most of the people i knw advocating for this so called grouping are those seeking revenge. If they are seeking revenge against any school, then they should invite the school in a friendly match. But that should be allowed after this competition is ova coz they dn't play friendly matches while a tournament is going on. Thank u sir ~training my fingers for d next stage~ winks
[size=38pt]SIGH [/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
[size=28pt]AM DOING THIS FOR THE LAST TIME IF YOU SUPPORT THE GROUPING METHOD PLEASE INDICATE BY TYPING

YES

BUT IF YOU DONT JUST POST NO...

AM GONNA COUNT THAT THEN WE DECIDE THANK YOU....[/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by smithsammy(m): 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
IamDejman: ok but let him signify himself!
here I am @IamDejman.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
[size=15pt]no more post for now expect you are only posting YES or NO

Thank you
[/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by snoopy(m): 3:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
Capital NO!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by IamDejman(m): 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
lyk Hell No!!!....its stressful and u don't play group stage after knockout but if u still go ahead,then count me out!...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
sir, please leave the votin on till 2moro. We dn't have a fuller house nw as most debaters and spectators are not online. If we declared d result based on votes casted today it might not be a true reflection of the debaters' n spectators' will. The voting i suggest should start today n end 2moro for the sake of d majority rule. Consider this sir.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
NO
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by IamDejman(m): 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
smithsammy: am putting in for him. So, where do we start from?
ok are u on bbm or 2go?...or is it whatsapp
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by smithsammy(m): 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
[b][/b]@ IamDejman, am still waiting for your comfirmation oooooooo!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
[size=18pt]please dont quote what i wrote up there just indicate yes or no... thank you this goes on till Monday morning whichever way it falls grin grin grin...

to all have a wonderful weekend..... smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

[/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by smithsammy(m): 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
IamDejman: ok are u on bbm or 2go?...or is it whatsapp
add me on BBm:23314987
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by king94(m): 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
tongueNO.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by smithsammy(m): 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2013
I rep LAZU. No
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by larride(m): 4:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
What's this ish I'm hearing about there's no group stage after elimination, what happened to qualifiers? Let's take the first debate as the qualifiers to get those who were seeded and those who were not whereby we arrive by this grouping stuff. If we are not going to tackle each other in the group then the group should be abolished and should be term knock-out stage instead of group. A new draw will have to be done for that to be effective. You don't play one match in a group and expect to qualify. Its either we abide with grouping or knock-out stage. Peace.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Rexsul: 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
finestboi u said d group stage wil b done wit withn ds month n dat means "RUSH"....Ds wil make d debate borin n might make pple lose interest. Moreova i need enough time 2 Prepare 4 Futaa oooo cos i want 2 beat dem Black nd Blue there4 i say NO 2 dat suggestion....tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (105)

Miracle Anele, Rivers University SUG President & His Bodyguard (Photos) / Accommodating An Insolent Girl / UK Pervert Teacher Who Forces Pupils' Hands Down Her Trousers Jailed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.