Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,161 members, 7,880,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:16 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread - Education (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread (78666 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) / Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (105) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
larride: What's this ish I'm hearing about there's no group stage after elimination, what happened to qualifiers? Let's take the first debate as the qualifiers to get those who were seeded and those who were not whereby we arrive by this grouping stuff. If we are not going to tackle each other in the group then the group should be abolished and should be term knock-out stage instead of group. A new draw will have to be done for that to be effective. You don't play one match in a group and expect to qualify. Its either we abide with grouping or knock-out stage. Peace.
[size=20pt] we can still get what we are looking for just the way the group is... Like i once post it would A1 vs A3, A2vs A4.. Knock out, you lose you are out... Thank you.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by larride(m): 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=20pt] we can still get what we are looking for just the way the group is... Like i once post it would A1 vs A3, A2vs A4.. Knock out, you lose you are out... Thank you.[/size]

I'm not against you doing it knock-out but you will have to do it the normal way, in knock-out there's no group, I should be able to play anyone among the other contender and not just confined to just one person from a group. This draw is flawed from the on-set, you don't do knock-out in group stage. If you wanna do knock-out, remove the group and pair each other as you deem fit maybe by a draw or so. There's no knock-out in group stage. As simple as that. Cheers.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by taiwoliu(m): 5:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
oga fynest, dis is my simple suggestion; if u'll maintain d knock-out 4mat, mk it a 2-legged affair (it mks it interesting nd simple), we cn stick wt d pairings or mk anoda pairing frm d existed pots but if its d convectional grp stage pattern i.e. Each team wld v 3 debates each, it wld b very interesting cos each team as equal chances nd d best prepared team emerges, bt i must point out, d disadvantages of dis pattern out-weighs its benefits, wch r bt nt limited to;
- less preparation tym fr participants due to debate schedules
- loss of excitement
- lesser facts
- less informative arguments
- most school calenders v been disrupted, i forsee rushing nd bombardment
- d organizers will v to cum up wt a schedule dt wld b effective in time tackling wch myt nt favour some debaters' personal plans
i leave u to discuss dis wt d oda organizers nd come out wt d plan best for dis debate.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
larride:

I'm not against you doing it knock-out but you will have to do it the normal way, in knock-out there's no group, I should be able to play anyone among the other contender and not just confined to just one person from a group. This draw is flawed from the on-set, you don't do knock-out in group stage. If you wanna do knock-out, remove the group and pair each other as you deem fit maybe by a draw or so. There's no knock-out in group stage. As simple as that. Cheers.
you've got in there. We can call this group of sixteen grin .
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by larride(m): 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
Damex333: you've got in there. We can call this group of sixteen grin .

There's nothing like group of sixteen grin there's a reason why its called round of sixteen and not group of sixteen, we have just 4 groups not 16 groups.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
larride:

There's nothing like group of sixteen grin there's a reason why its called round of sixteen and not group of sixteen, we have just 4 groups not 16 groups.
no mind me. As i no know english wella grin
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by larride(m): 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
Damex333: no mind me. As i no know english wella grin

grin funny you!!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Oluwatola5(f): 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2013
Seriously i am in total support with what Epaul said, why dont we just stick to the method we are used to already, let us just compete and scores are used to determine those who qualify to the next round, maybe like 10 schs qualify to the next round because all these new developments are starting to dampen my spirit already and it is killing my enthusiasm about this debate competition and i am at the verge of losing intrest, for crying out loud, where will i get the time to research, type as the debate takes a lot of time during the rebuttals and also the mb to use, and all to continue Beside it is yuletide period, no one will have time to even come for any debate, like me for an instance i am just checking the thread this evening since the time i checked last in the morning. It is likely to get drab and weak debates will come up as people wouldnt devote their time and commitments to the debate anymore, leading to crash programmes and this debate competition will lose its basic purpose, why dont we just keep all further debates till next year, this period isnt favourable for most people anymore, i am just thinking aloud tho!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Mhyke: 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
[quote author=ojoawo]While I support the idea of the football match type fixtures, I do not support the idea of the football points type.

Example if UAZ beats UBC 23points - 5points and YTR beats TYR 78points to 75points... That system will favour UAZ which shouldn't be.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Mhyke: 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
smithsammy: am putting in for him. So, where do we start from?
thank God u signified, already sent u a mail
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
[size=20pt]thank you all for your suggestion and ideas expect the fixture soon.... Its gonna be knock out.... [/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
[size=20pt]should we go on with the debate or we should prospone it and start the knock out stage next year?

[/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
[size=20pt]which do you agree with to start this stage next week or next year...?? [/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by smithsammy(m): 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mhyke:
thank God u signified, already sent u a mail
tanks mhyke, I got the mail. I don hook-up with IamDeman
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Mhyke: 8:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
Epaul: [color=blue]i'm strongly against dis idea in situ. Firstly, if we ve to group schools at this stage of d competition then we would be negating the very methodology of football competition which this debate purportedly claims to be employing n abiding by. This grouping idea should ve been employed in the first round and not now. If this grouping idea is anything to go by sir, then we ar ridiculously saying ''after knockout stage, then group stage''..dis is an aberration of d rules of football on which this competition was built.
im sori i had to cut ur post short, the excess word delays my typing.
terming the debate system as knockout before group stage is ridiculous,the fact that runner ups were included nullified that.
u are ryt by pointn out that d group stage system should hv bn Incorporated initially but things are still cool with the way they are.no home nd away stuff involved.
besides if 20 unis were grouped into five groups and 10 unis emerged as winners,if the 10 winners battle leading to d emergence of five winners,five losers,how will those five winners be matched up.
nd u hav no freaking right to tag any 1's idea as absurd as long as it still remains an idea,evry1 is entitled to his opinion nd has evry prerogative to submit it.dat's y it's called democracy!!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Mhyke: 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
Rexsul: finestboi u said d group stage wil b done wit withn ds month n dat means "RUSH"....Ds wil make d debate borin n might make pple lose interest. Moreova i need enough time 2 Prepare 4 Futaa oooo cos i want 2 beat dem Black nd Blue there4 i say NO 2 dat suggestion....tnx
u rep futminna?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
[size=20pt]enough please dont say anything about the group thing anymore have fixed that just let us kwn should we go ahead with the knock out stage next week or we make it next year? [/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Rexsul: 8:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
Next week would hv been beta o cos i biliv everybody is gonna av tyt schedule wen scul resume nxt year......I hv exam 2 write nxt week so mayb som1 would hv 2 stand 4 me should d debate hold nxt week.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Rexsul: 9:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mhyke:
u rep futminna?
Yea dats my scul
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by smithsammy(m): 9:03pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=20pt]which do you agree with to start this stage next week or next year...?? [/size]
I repre LAZU: next week.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Mhyke: 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
larride: What's this ish I'm hearing about there's no group stage after elimination, what happened to qualifiers? Let's take the first debate as the qualifiers to get those who were seeded and those who were not whereby we arrive by this grouping stuff. If we are not going to tackle each other in the group then the group should be abolished and should be term knock-out stage instead of group. A new draw will have to be done for that to be effective. You don't play one match in a group and expect to qualify. Its either we abide with grouping or knock-out stage. Peace.
im supporting u partially 4 d first time.
the initial method put forward by d coordinators should be practised but it wont honour it as group stage because u dont play just 1 match in group stage(but we can overlook that because of resumption)sha) so it can be a 1st leg nd 2nd leg stuff because each uni will hav the chance of opposing or supporting in the 1st and 2nd leg respectively,so no1 will attribute failure to the fact that he wasnt allowed to support or oppose(but both legs shuld hav diffrent topics o) either of this method us appropriate.
d issue of total intragroup battle is too long nd speaking in soccer,il say 'u dont play 3 matches in group stage.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by IamDejman(m): 9:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
Next week o!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 9:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mhyke:
im supporting u partially 4 d first time.
the initial method put forward by d coordinators should be practised but it wont honour it as group stage because u dont play just 1 match in group stage(but we can overlook that because of resumption)sha) so it can be a 1st leg nd 2nd leg stuff because each uni will hav the chance of opposing or supporting in the 1st and 2nd leg respectively,so no1 will attribute failure to the fact that he wasnt allowed to support or oppose(but both legs shuld hav diffrent topics o) either of this method us appropriate.
d issue of total intragroup battle is too long nd speaking in soccer,il say 'u dont play 3 matches in group stage.
[size=20pt]CANT YOU JUST STOP THIS!!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH!! [/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by king94(m): 9:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
I rep FUTA : Next Week.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by pseudonomer: 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
Next year... Cuz I'll be having a lot of out-goings till Jan 2. But which ever way it goes, I'm in.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2013
pseudonomer: Next year... Cuz I'll be having a lot of out-goings till Jan 2. But which ever way it goes, I'm in.
[size=20pt]choose one please and be specific...... [/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 9:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
[size=20pt] the reason why am throwing this date ish open is to make sure all schools are carried along...and to prevent any school from not showing up as at when needed....[/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Mhyke: 9:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=20pt]CANT YOU JUST STOP THIS!!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH!! [/size]
alright,im sori,i ddnt c d stop signal.
i prefer anytime.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Mhyke: 9:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=20pt]CANT YOU JUST STOP THIS!!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH!! [/size]
i prefer anytime.
nd pls,is it stil loner tinz or i must hav a partner?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 9:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mhyke:
i prefer anytime.
nd pls,can i stil be a loner or i must hav a partner?
[size=20pt]u must. [/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Mhyke: 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
nd if it's gona be next year will we still b given the topic much earlier?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Mhyke: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=20pt]u must. [/size]
as in like mandatory?

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (105)

Accommodating An Insolent Girl / Miracle Anele, Rivers University SUG President & His Bodyguard (Photos) / UK Pervert Teacher Who Forces Pupils' Hands Down Her Trousers Jailed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.