Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,369 members, 7,947,606 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 02:46 AM

The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? - Romance (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? (42774 Views)

Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money / Asking Your Boyfriend For Money / Question To Ask My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Stunner1(f): 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
A-40:

Giving sex for free? This is an ashawo state of mind I'm sorry to say! Sex is an act not a transaction (ashawos I no dey talk to you) so when you say "giving sex for free" one starts to wonder! Is it rice,cement or gasoline?

ahahahahahahahahahaha na wa ooo dz nl go make me laff forget myself ooo haba grin
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Stunner1(f): 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mods abeg close this thread ooo it aff do oooo
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
cdekj: May God help us all from every 'Jezebel in rebecca" skin.
It is not a right for a guy to give you something.
Every sensible guy who knows the true value of his girl friend. The moment you start demanding. You have limited yourself.
That was how i bleeped a gal, and the next thing i heard was "hope you are ready for the expenses that would follow".
Omo na so i delete her quick quick. But not before i told her what was on my mind. So she doesn't miss her opportunity with the next unlucky[s][/s] sorry lucky guy.
She never asked about my dreams nothing, she was already counting her chickens.
Don't get me wrong, i am not the stingy type. I am a cheerful giver. Once i observe, and notice where you are lacking. I would gladly do the needful with all pleasure.
But if you assume that because limpopo is the in thing, and the song was made for me.
Then you are in for a rude awakening
Egbele o! Dis guy dey vex e grin grin
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by A40(m): 6:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
jadelyn007: who is dis one again?:-/did u fall 4rm pluto? Abi u no dy see all d numerous threads frm guys on niaraland titled my"my galfrd has refused 2 gv me sex afta 6mths of dating" or "my wife refuse 2 gv me sex bcs she is pregnant"
in naija givin sex or havin d act of sex is synonymous so 4gt dis ur grammar
So why did the boy go into the relationship in the first place? When there are a lot of girls out there that would swarm you with puna! I don old pass stage wey woman go dey use sex dey hold me for ransom. I think you need to come out from under that rock you are hiding and update yourself

I'm not against spending on your girl! But this chic is going about it the wrong way. Its not a right! Sex is not also a right! You should not compel your gf to have sex same way a guy should not be compelled to spend
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Queenyprinxex(f): 8:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
lirusehn: hey son if all ladies ar great. Where lies d OP? Smh
hahahahahaha. Dis comment got me laffin. U damn too funny
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by nipeks001(m): 8:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
Op don't be a fool,you tend to use cooking and blah blah blah as excuse when we all know that men don't demand girls do these things for them but rather out of ladies free will.
How will you feel if your guy calls you suddenly and demands that you should come straight to his house to clean up and cook for him not minding wether it is incovienent for you or not?.Now same for girls too,a guy should spend on you when he feels you deserve it and if you feel he does not appreciate you enough,then fine you can dump him coz of that but don't demand for money as if it is normal or you birth-right when you are not an ashy.
People always think some 9ja ladies stay in abusive marriages coz they are foolish or in love not knowing most of them will be more doomed if they attempt to call it quit coz they are not independent and just a liability.
@op,you can try to justify your myopic way of handling a rltshp as much as you like but the fact still remains,you've made yourself a sex object and a liability who only has sex to offer in a rltnshp.

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Emeralddeee: 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
Wuna still dey here? I hail o
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Emeralddeee: 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
Emmadani: thats y i wish most guyz were casanovas,all this rubbish no for dey.and from the look of things,its like the op's bf is a submissive and 2 caring type.Girlz need guyz who are decisive in their opinion,guyz who dnt care(guyz who dnt give a fvck),guyz who have many gal-friends,guyz who women can not control anyhow.if u dey pet women 2much like baby,sori 4 u,d day she go dump u trowey e go be like DREAM.
preacher how e dey do you sef Are you a victim Or you're trying to justify your reasons for being a casanova Must we always generalise
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Emeralddeee: 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
Emmadani: thats y i wish most guyz were casanovas,all this rubbish no for dey.and from the look of things,its like the op's bf is a submissive and 2 caring type.Girlz need guyz who are decisive in their opinion,guyz who dnt care(guyz who dnt give a fvck),guyz who have many gal-friends,guyz who women can not control anyhow.if u dey pet women 2much like baby,sori 4 u,d day she go dump u trowey e go be like DREAM.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mimicue(f): 8:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
If he marrys u...he we definitely fend for all your family angry
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Truckpusher(m): 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
kaboninc:

Honestly am just sad. Wicked set of humans. When you dey do them...them dey shout "baby...baby...you will kill me ooh". Or they'll say "oh baby..pls make me feel like a man". So who'll pay for "making you feel like a woman"?

@rman...I think you contradicted yourself. That's why they say relationships are for adults...not just any adults but one that knows how to spell "responsibility"

@Lord_Reed...I agree with you. If a woman loves you, and she truly does, then she would feel so ashamed to tell you that her love is "monetised". Worse still is when she's a friend of ignorance.
Sorry bros , i know that feeling.

After spending all your money

Waste your energy join am she dey shout like say na you be the only man wey dun do her strong thing only for you to discover say one other sharp guy dey hang her badly under your nose......choi ! *puts my hand on my head*

omo take heart sha, nothing wey eye never see eh ,find one good and frustrate her back grin

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by AyeeIdris(f): 8:24am On Nov 03, 2013
When I first saw the title, I was like WTF, but upon OP's subsequent posts, I get the angle she is coming from. How many times has one read the boys of NL post 'would u buy a car first without testing it' as a justification for wanting to sleep with every girl they date before they marry or '[/i]If she is not a virgin when I met her, why would she tell me No?'[/i]. I have seen it more times than I care to. Following the same line of thought where a woman is expected to 'prove' her sexual prowess and home making skills before being considered out of all the seven girlfriends that the man possesses. A woman should be allowed to test drive her car too. Abi African culture says that man provides for the house while the woman does everything else. The OP wishes to test drive the boyfriend to make sure he would make a suitable husband and can provide for her.

Not that I agree that anybody should be responsible for anyone else, but what is good for the goose..........

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by ArxHead(m): 3:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
Let me conclude!

I couldn't stop laughing when I read one post here that says "so you guys are doing ikpu to rent trade" well, it actually funny both the comment and the OP.

First, I believe some things are suppose to be private including what the OP posted. This is actually what you can talk to your immediate friends for advice and not here unless this doesn't concern you directly.

On the topic, I won't criticize nor will support it but I just believe that in a relationship, you can always tell if your partner can provide anything you want to ask of! if there is communication in it. If you guys are communicating enough then you both what's going on in each others life and when one needs assistance or not! He could be able to tell if you can't really afford your rent at the moment and as a caring bf, might offer suggestion on how to raise the money.

Where I think guys are mad is when your gf will have a means of paying her rent, she chooses to collect from the bf as if its his responsibility. And when the same guy is in troubles the babe will still bone with the resources she have living the poor man to strive for survival on his own.

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nuzo1(m): 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
Right time to ask your boyfriend of 4 months for your house rent?

Sis, there's no wrong time to do that but it should all depend on your understanding with him and what you expect out of the relationship. Cos without an understanding, the payer might find such request repulsive even after dating him for 20 years.

People pay rents for platonic friends, acquaintances and even strangers...not to talk of a lover. Heck I've even seen a situation where a friend payed for a girl's house rent a week after they met....and things are working out for them even tho' they are both celibate (so they said).

But reading thru the thread, the above situation is not the picture you've been trying to paint. For you, its "since I cook, clean and sexx him...he should also do something for me in return; pay my house rent.
You sounded like he forces you to cook, clean and sexxx him.

As much as the op may not care, she should note that most young men may not feel too comfortable with exchanging sex for money if not for just the fun of it. Men are selfish beings.

My only issue with the op is that she was trying to blackmail some some female posters by calling them hypocrites just cos they might be sexxing their BFs too without making some financial demands in return for sexx. She also went ahead to blackmail some male posters by saying that men do worst things like Robbery and rituals for money. That excuse to me is too shallow.

I respect the op's opinion for the fact that I'm not in her shoes...and cos most Nigerian girls are brought up with such mentality. The mentality that leaves most of them at the pity of very primitive and disrespectful Nigerian men.
Some of these our Nigerian ladies doesn't even know how much they need to be respected until they step out of this country.

Once again, NOTHING wrong in asking your lover for financial help but justifying sexxxing him for rent money doesn't just sound right at all...at least not for me.

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nuzo1(m): 5:21pm On Nov 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by pedrozone15(m): 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
I know where u are coming from but it's a myopic point of view. U sound like u have been treated badly by guys but that shouldn't turn u to a gold digger. Lots of guys have been saying they would leave u n all sorts of things to let u understand that ur points are indeed pointless n stupid. If u truly want a decent man u have to have ur self worth, do not bug him with hilarious bills. Mind u, u are supposed to be his help meet n dat doesn't include sexual duties. Sometimes I wonder who ur friends are? If u were to be my girl, wiff what u're saying, I would run faster than Bolt. Be WISE!!

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by JustWahlay: 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
abomination!!! so u wan make ur bf dey pay ur rent

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by A40(m): 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
The poster of the topic reminds me of those ratchet hoes on badoo that would ask you for MTN card within 30 mins of talking to them
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by NobleG1(m): 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
You're a wh@re and a gold digger. You're in the relationship purely for money!
You're absolutely unworthy to be married by any man because you deserve to reside in a brothel or hang around on the street!

I've met many of your type and I made them all see how dumb, cheap and stupid they were. I hate a girl/woman who thinks she's entitled to be a liability to her boyfriend. What makes me nuts is that, most Nigerian women do this!
They behave as if having sex with a man, is like, doing the man favor, so the man should pay for it. Most of them don't even have good hygiene in between their legs and yet they think they've gold or diamond in there.

Whereas in Europe for instance, women do take their boyfriends out to restaurant, bar, shopping, club. etc, and take care of the bills! Most times when their boyfriends want to pay, the girls would insist to pay from their purses. European women don't depend on anyone to live, they're self-reliant and don't have sex for money because they're "doing you a favor", they do it because they enjoy it too. Any woman who disturbs you for money in Europe is either a Nigerian or from another African country. The 95% of African women who prostitute in Europe are Nigerians.
I don't know what is really wrong with most Nigerian women!

So poster (mizzocho.cinco), you are nothing but a dirty wh@re who uses relationship as a disguise. Love is not in your dictionary except Money. If you think you're not, then go get a decent job and pay your damn rent!! If you can't pay your rent then move back to your parents or to any of your relatives. The guy is neither your husband nor a member of your family. He may do anything for you at his own time, if he wishes, but it's not mandatory. He's not responsible for you, damn it!!

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by ifyonu5: 5:56am On Nov 05, 2013
this op is really out of her mind you are the kind of girl that tarnishes the image of other naija babes u really need to change ur way or ..............................
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Harddaysnight(m): 10:54am On Nov 05, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
No nonsensical contributions, thank you
Advice from matured people
You're a big fool.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by exe0(m): 4:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
hell fire go full
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
Yield:
A right time to have sex and cook for him before marriage? There's no right time to have sex and cook for a guy before marriage!

The right and only time to do those things is after marriage.

Sex? Again, should be after marriage, personally. No exceptions. But you have the right to make your own decision for yourself, which you have already done.

Cooking? I will make a lil' exception here: If you want to cook for him to show him you can cook ..which is what you've been aiming for or to maybe surprise him with his favourite meal, then do that only once or twice. But don't make it your duty to be cooking for him all the time. That ain't your duty! You're doing these things -having sex with him and cooking for him because of the benefits you think you will reap (he will have respect for you, love you more, not leave you and of course, give you money). Stop trying to sell yourself and prove your worth to this man. Your worth is not determined by your cooking and bedroom skills. The way your treat others, what you have going for yourself, the way you treat him and talk to him (and I'm not talking about sex or cooking for him here), how emotionally connected you are to one another are some things that will make a man stay. How in the world do you expect him to respect you when you're always giving him sex and giving in to what he wants? Where is your self-worth? You think turning yourself into a housewife for a man you've been dating for 4-months will make him stay? No. If a relationship is meant to be, it will be. You don't need to break your back for a man to prove your worth.

And saying because you're having sex with him and cooking for him, then you can ask him for rent money is silly. He is not forcing you to cook nor have sex with him, you're doing those things to meet your own selfish ends. And if you're asking a man to pay your rent just 4-months into dating him, you think he will be impressed? Make your own money and pay your own rent.

Where are you at, the adorable one? tongue wink
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by baggy4luv(m): 7:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
bloody yam legged igbo gurl
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by GoodFaith: 9:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
I have been dating my boyfriend for 4months now and since men play the role of a provider when is the right time to ask him for rent money, or should i move in with him to save him the trouble?
Really
You are a disgrace to women hood
it is 2013, Get a JOB BI
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by GoodFaith: 9:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
You still have your girlfriends asking you to do them favours after they cook, clean or spend a good time with you, i believe the same label you are stamping on me is the exact same label you should be stamping on your girlfriend smiley

Men want a woman who can prove themselves worthy before they take her to the alter, a good cook and someone who can make him have a great time in bed, a good and hygienic wife and mother. why can't i have a man prove that he is a good provider before accepting to walk down the aisle for?

Does this mean women have to accept whatever comes their way, whereas women have to be put through some tests before they are considered to be wife material?
Food for thought
Arm Robbery in the house!!!!!
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by GoodFaith: 10:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
@Mizzocho.cinco's
When you meet a man ,
You will know if he is kind and supportive
he can pay your rent, You give him S?? and he will still dump
For some men it is not about spending money on you that will make they marry you
Marriage for some man is about your values , background and your personality that will win your a man
If you hid your background and personality you might win a man but it will not last
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
shymexx:

Where are you at, the adorable one? tongue wink
Hey Sugar. kiss
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
Yield:
Hey Sugar. kiss

Darn. That's a lot. tongue

Let me reciprocate the gesture by e-tongue-lipsing you passionately. kiss kiss

I was just checking on you because you went ghost for a few days.

I hope all is well. wink
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by addictiv(m): 11:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
A-40:

Giving sex for free? This is an ashawo state of mind I'm sorry to say! Sex is an act not a transaction (ashawos I no dey talk to you) so when you say "giving sex for free" one starts to wonder! Is it rice,cement or gasoline?
I tire o...very soon em go begin de charge for kiss, peck n hugs..noni
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 20, 2013
@ Poster . . .

You are 4 months late! cool cool cool
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by jahbiz: 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
This
is y am seriously sick of Nigerian girls of tday, they dont wan 2 work
neither do anything on their own. They have the mentality that men/guys
must do everything for them, they r jus too dependent 4 my likin. I wish
am not a Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

My Wife Is Flirting With Childhood Friend Online / Slay Queen Reveals Why She Dates Only Married Men (Photos) / What A Barman Did When I Took A Lady For A Date.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.