Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,183 members, 7,973,996 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:52 PM

My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) (196955 Views)

Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. / Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. / Love-life On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by cutebobo(m): 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
I'm advertising my story, titled; On An Assignment.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by funlover1(m): 5:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
No update for over 3 days !..wot nonsense !
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by DEllaluv(f): 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hp all is well Kings
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 7:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
I'm sorry y'all... I have been down for days now, struggling to get myself back on my feet...

I must sincerely pour my mind out to a fellow, who just made me feel worst than I should, in person bearing d nickname Fun Lover...

Better don't comment than to make worst the case... You don't have a clue of what I am going through here and you made your hand type your last two comments on the thread... Itz so unfair of you, I swear...

I appreciate you anywayz, God Bless You...

Thankz Ella for checking out on me, I am getting better...

I care about this story and the people reading it so I squeezed myself out of my sick bed to write. EPISODE 53...

I Love Y'all and I'm Sorry Once Again...

EPISODE 53 Dropping now...
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
EPISODE 53

I hope this lady meant nothing with her wink, I said to myself as I bent my head away from her sight. I was so uncomfortable after the bus took off after some minutes because the engine was hotter than hell. The engine was so hot that I lifted myself intervally to ease off the heat. My legs collided with the lady who sat in front of me as the bus encountered road bumps, which gave me the feeling of what she was wearing, a very short skirt.

She untied her scarf from her head and stretched it to me. “Take, sit on it.” She said, with a smile.

I smiled in return and collected it. “Thanks so much.” I appreciated. “Please, what’s the name?”

“Aminat.”

Screeeeeech! The car suddenly stopped. POW! POW!! Gunshots in the air. The driver fled like flash, leaving his passengers behind without notice. Then I knew I was going to die because I was the first passenger to be attacked.

“Everybody come down now!” A deep voice roared.

I tried opening the door of the bus but it was hooked, only the driver or the conductor of the bus that understood the trick they apply to open it. I fearfully tried again but to no avail.

“Mr Man, open the door now!” One of the passengers, who sat at the back seat yelled at me. “Don’t allow them to shoot us o, hian.”

“You must be mad! Am I playing here or do you think I want to die?” I angrily replied the rude passenger.

Aminat was vibrating like an epileptic patient, I could hear her teeth gnash, I looked at her and immediately got the energy to slide the door open. Being the foremost to the door, I alighted first and suddenly I received a punch on my face. I fell on the floor immediately.

“Bastard! You’re wasting our time.” The armed man said and spat on me.

The spit landed on my cheek, I swiped it off with my hand and almost immediately smelt it. I wondered what chemical component made up his spit because it smelled just like ammonia. The whole passengers alighted as fast as possible and were commanded to queue up by the armed men.

Ooow! I screamed as I was kicked on the ground by one of the armed men. “Jump up! Fool!” He snarled at me, adding another kick. “Join the queue.”

I reluctantly stood up and limped to the queue. Vehicles that saw the drama displayed from afar, reversed and speedily took off. I scanned around and noticed they were four men with two AK47, one FN rifle and a sub-machine gun respectively. No where to run, we had to obey because no one wanted to die.

“Follow me!” One of the armed men ordered.

We obeyed. Two of the armed men took the lead while the remaining two walked right behind us. They led us into a thick forest,I could barely see because the environment was already dark. I couldn’t check the time but I guessed the time was within the range of 7:30 P.M. and 8:30 P.M.

“Try to escape and bid the world farewell.” One of the two armed men behind said.

I read Psalm 23 from the beginning to the end thrice before we got to their supposed destination. I could quickly observe the woods erected and set ablaze like a camp fire in the middle of an open space, making the environment quite luminous. My eyes couldn’t help but see some people lynched and also burnt by the stake. Now, this is what I call an horror movie, I said to myself. No doubt, they were ritualist. I unconsciously peed on my trouser out of fear. Who won’t? When Mr death was winking at me and I was gazing at him eyeball to eyeball.

“Ladies to my right!” An armed man instructed. “Men to my left! Now!”

We all scrammbled like puzzle, bumping into each other in fear. At that moment, I forgot my gender.

“You are not supposed to be here, Mr.” A lady whispered to my ears.

I turned around and saw a lady, peeped on the person standing in front of me, also a lady. It wasn’t actually my fault because the lady in front of me was on a low cut and I mistook him for a man.

“Come here!” The armed man roared at me as I was running to join the men’s queue.

I came to him in a jiffy. “Sir?” I said, with a shaky voice.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m trying to join the queue.” I replied, pointing to the men’s queue.

“Were you deaf when I made that instruction?” He yelled, with a blazing eyes, pointing his rifle to me.

“Sir, please!” I said, trembling and sweating all over.

He cocked his rifle, then I knew I was taking my last breath but I still could shout, “Jeeeeeeeesssssssssssuuuuuuuuuussssssss!”

He dropped his gun and slapped me hard, I held my cheek and held me by the neck. “Scorpion!” He called.

I wondered if he was conjouring or he was calling on a fellow. Yes, I was correct, he called a fellow. A fat man, with a rifle slung around his neck, ran towards us.

“Sir!” Scorpion said and knelt before the armed man that still held to my neck.

He pulled my neck as he moved closer to Scorpion to whisper words to him.

“Yes Sir!” Scorpion shouted and stood up.

The armed man let go my neck while Scorpion took over. Scorpion held me by the neck and ushered me towards the east of the forest.

TO BE CONTINUED...

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by DEllaluv(f): 7:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
Get well soon dear,hp d medication s makn a diff

u no go kill pesin wt suspence sha o
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
D medication dey work small small, injection on my bumbum... Sickness is badt!!! Thankz So Much Ella... God Bless You... Suspense still dey front, no be here...
D.Ella.luv:
Get well soon dear,hp d medication s makn a diff

u no go kill pesin wt suspence sha o
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by funlover1(m): 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
I am sincerely so sorry for my comment..I kept coming back to d page to check for update..pls forgive me
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 7:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
Bro, we are one... If I was fine I would update surely... I love writing, its what gives me joy so not writing is sickness to me again... One Love Fun Lover, You Be My Paddy... *smiles and hand you my cup of glucose water*
fun lover: I am sincerely so sorry for my comment..I kept coming back to d page to check for update..pls forgive me
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by D9ty7(m): 8:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
Oga its been long since i came here and i was suprised to hear that you're not feeling fine. Hope you're much better now? If yes run from this place to my thread. So i can know you are okay now.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by kingphilip(m): 8:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
^^^
Na threat be dat abi na wetin
btw kingzpen get stronger soonest and do away wit drugs too
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by adusco(m): 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
Quick recovery bro!
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by dammygoody(m): 11:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
Get well soon brother;the Lord is your health,strenght,vigour and vitality IJN and make sure you take your medications appropriately and accurately oo. grin
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 12, 2013
Kingzpen get well soon..........less i 4get let's bid banji farewell 2 heaven, banji to ba d'orun ko s'orun re o cry
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Flakkydagirl: 8:03am On Dec 12, 2013
Queenzpen pele o,
how body?
Hop u're feeling better,
thanks for squeezing out time to write this......
Waiting mood activated
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by DEllaluv(f): 8:05am On Dec 12, 2013
We go dey wait sha
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by hotswagg12: 9:08am On Dec 12, 2013
Oya come update
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Bulcqlay(m): 10:22am On Dec 12, 2013
KingzPen: I'm sorry y'all... I have been down for days now, struggling to get myself back on my feet...

I must sincerely pour my mind out to a fellow, who just made me feel worst than I should, in person bearing d nickname Fun Lover...

Better don't comment than to make worst the case... You don't have a clue of what I am going through here and you made your hand type your last two comments on the thread... Itz so unfair of you, I swear...

I care about this story and the people reading it so I squeezed myself out of my sick bed to write. EPISODE 53...

get wel bro..tnx 4 d update
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Bulcqlay(m): 10:24am On Dec 12, 2013
KingzPen: I'm sorry y'all... I have been down for days now, struggling to get myself back on my feet...

get wel bro..tnx 4 d update...u we dom mis exam o..wel may b ASUU were on strike during ur jungle research wit robbers
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by hikmoj(m): 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
Pele dearie...i actually thought brother seun mute owo yin ni...get well soon
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by zainharb: 6:19pm On Dec 12, 2013
Get well soon bro
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by nonny158(m): 7:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
i wld be ungrateful, if i should read such a wonderful piece n nt appreciate d writer/author, ur jst too gud bro, God bless!
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Pweetiedude(m): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nice piece of work...
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
Thankz Y'all... I'm discharged... Thank You For The Wishes... Love Y'all...

EPISODE 54 DROPPING IN THE NEXT 5 MINUTES...
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
EPISODE 54

The last time I saw a forest as thick as that was in an american movie, Predators. Am going to be killed? Where is Mr Scorpion taking me to? Will this be my last moment on earth? My speculating mind asked.

“You don die, shey you know?” Scorpion said, pushing me forward by my neck.

“Oga please. Na be beg I dey beg.” I replied with a shaky voice.

“Shut up before I kill you myself.”

I sealed my mouth immediately and forged on as commanded. I wondered how Scorpion saw the pathway because I couldn’t see anything but darkness and I could feel the leaves dropping on me. We paused, he dragged me steps backward,opened a big strong bamboo door of an hut and threw me inside, he locked the door and left.

The hut was extremely dark. I groped my way to an edge to feel safe a bit because I felt I was at the middle of the hut.

One, two, three steps I bumped into an unknown creature. “Jeeeeeeeesssssssssuuuuuuuusssssssss!” I screamed out loud and ran in the opposite direction to save myself.

I ran in the hut as if I knew the size of the hut. I paused and groped my way again to another edge. One, two steps I bumped into another unknown creature.

“Please don’t kill me.” I said, crying immediately. “Please,I beg you with God. Please.”

I groped my way to the middle to find solace, I sat and folded my legs. I wondered why these creatures kept mute. Were they human, animals or idols? That I don’t know because I couldn’t behold them. I couldn’t wait for the dawn of a new day to know my fate.

I laid flat on my back and slept with an eye open, woke up at intervals to protect myself away from those unknown creatures. It was a long night.

The beam of light from the sun forced its way into the hut and illuminated it to some extent. I was quite ecstatic when I rose up to witness it was morning. I slowly turned my neck to gaze at those creatures. They were both kept at different edges of the hut, covered with a red veil, not even a part of them showed.

I jumped up, walked slowly to the first unknown creature to satisfy my curiousity. I grabbed the hem of the veil, dragged it off and hastily ran backwards. I was shocked to see a little boy in his teens tied up both hands and legs. He gazed at me with fear, he couldn’t speak because his mouth was taped. I rushed to him, set him loosed and got him to talk by removing the tape. He bursted into tears and hugged me. I cried too because I could feel the pain of that little boy.

I wasn’t carried away by the pity sensation,I ran to the other edge to set the other human free because my curiousity had been satisfied. I walked closely to the opposite edge, grabbed the veil by the head and dragged it off. Lo and behold it was Aminat. I was shocked to earth seeing her all bounded just like the little boy. I quickly set her loosed.

I rose her up. “Aminat, what happened?” I curiously asked. “I thought you were out there on the queue, what happened? How did you get here?”

“I really don’t know why.” She said and afterwards bursted into tears. “I was pressed, so I moved away from the queue and bent down to ease myself.”

“Ehn ehn, so what now happened?” I curiously said.

“The guy carrying the gun thought I wanted to escape so he ordered me to be taken here.” She said.

I smiled. “Same reason brought me here.”

“You wanted to ease yourself too?” Aminat asked.

“No, I joined the wrong queue.”

“Aww, sorry but what is your name?” She asked. “Because you didn’t tell me yours in the bus.”

“Banji.”

“And you little one, what’s your name?” Aminat asked, pointing at the little boy standing next to me.

“I’m Samuel.” He said, wiped his tears and sniffled.

“Ok, good.” She said.

I looked keenly at Aminat’s left arm, I noticed a red band with couries tied around it. I moved closer and touched it. “What’s this?” I asked.

“It was tied around my arm yesterday night.” She said. “Afterwards, they bounded me.”

“Ha! This looks scary o.” I said.

Almost immediately, we heard someone’s voice at the door. The door opened. It was Scorpion, he came armed as usual. We all shuffled back to our positions.

He strolled into the hut and suddenly frowned his face. “Who untied the two of una?” Scorpion roared, peeked at Samuel and Aminat and later fixed his eyes on me.

We all remained silent. Scorpion moved closer to Samuel, pointed his gun at him, cocked it and was ready to fire.

“It was him, Sir!” Samuel screamed, pointing at me.

Immediately I stood up to deny it, Scorpion hit me with the butt of his rifle on my face. I fell flat on the floor, wishing I was dead. Scorpion angrily took Aminat out of the hut and locked it.

“I’m sorry.” Samuel fearfully said from afar. “Banji, I’m so sorry.”

“You had no choice boy.” I groaned. “You did the best thing.”

Samuel rushed to me, removed his shirt and stuck the blood that gushed out of my lips. I was so pained, I could barely breath.

“Where did he take Aminat to?” I asked.

“I don’t know.”

I jumped up, placed Samuel on my shoulder to see through the open space created by thatch of the hut.

“Can you see anything?” I asked.

“Yes, I can. It’s Aminat.”

“Yes, Yes, what happened?”

“She’s tied to a tree with four men standing in front of her.”

“What are they doing?” I curiously asked.

“Hmmm, nothing yet.” Samuel said. “They are just standing but they are with a matchet each.”

I was shocked. “Matchet? For what? Do they want to cut grass?”

“I don’t...” Samuel was saying when I heard a very loud and painful groan.

“Jeeeeeessssssssuuuuuuuuusssssssss!” Samuel shouted.

I quickly let Samuel down from my neck. “What happened?” I furiously asked.

“She was beheaded.” He fearfully replied and immediately burst into tears.

I was so bittered. Aminat gone? We just talked and now she is gone? I asked myself.

We quickly adjusted as we heard someone at the door of the hut. The door open, it was Scorpion again. He came in, walked straight to Samuel, tied the same red band around Samuel’s arm, walked out of the hut and locked it.

TO BE CONTINUED...

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
Thankz Bro... God Bless You Too... I'm so humbled by your comment...
nonny158: i wld be ungrateful, if i should read such a wonderful piece n nt appreciate d writer/author, ur jst too gud bro, God bless!
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
Thankz Bro... I am humbled...
Pweetiedude: Nice piece of work...
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by zainharb: 8:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
Well done sir... More ink to ur pen
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 8:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
Thankz So Much Zainharb...
zainharb: Well done sir... More ink to ur pen
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by obami007(m): 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
Kingzpen,for u to hav kept me reading dis story from d beginnin to dis moment and even anticipating means u are highly gifted,u are really good,and I can only pray for u to get to d bigger stage witout stress,,Godbless u,,,,btw,,,am sorry I havnt wished u a very quick recovery,,,get well bro
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Clarakings(f): 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
Tank God u av fully recovered...more ink 2 ur pen.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Nancydearie(f): 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
U are damn good,may GOD continue to inspire u.Keep it up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (59) (Reply)

Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) / Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story / The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.