Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,783 members, 7,969,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:20 AM

How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? (35155 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / Hilarious Nigeria: What If Your Wife SLAPS Your Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 8:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
coogar:

i didn't have to dig deep.....
this was you indirectly saying ladies who have identified their spouses as potential abusers/cheats to run for their dear lives.

the key word here is potential....in your submission, the woman doesn't even have to suffer the abuse before running for her dear life. signs that the husband may be abusive(potential) is enough reason for her to flee.

the topic of discussion here is not even talking about a potential abuser. this man's wife has already crossed the line. she abused her husband & yet you are soliciting a second chance for her.

can you now see your double standard? grin

Coogar,

Let me indulge you this once...

You are comparing a woman whose fiancée is a potential abuser to a man whose wife slapped him once

My post you dug out is actually a very wrong example to use as it is very self explanatory

Until you can dig up a post where I told a female poster to divorce or leave her home because her husband slapped her once, don't quote me again or describe my posts as hypocritic or with double standards.

Also ensure to include the posters I quoted and the OP

Thanks
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Lifestyles in the past made it necessary for women to stay home and depend on men, there was the high rate of infant mortality, the absence of machines that take up physically demanding tasks and so men had to do much of the physical work that was required back then like hunting, farming and defence and so they were mostly providers while women were mostly dependent on them, as a result of this, it was only fair for the men who provided everything for the household to be the head and ruler since the woman depended on him.
These days women work and also contribute financially to the family. They are not inferior to men.

WRONG!
They didn't provide EVERYTHING!
Women have ALWAYS been involved in farming too, for instance!

BUT even IF men DID provide everything, wouldn't mean that the work done by women (cleaning the house, cooking, looking after children, giving birth .... ) is of less VALUE!

# workingwomanteam

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
soul_glo: If someone slaps me there is a very good chance that I will slap back.

Why are people asking who the bread winner is? Why the heck should it matter. So if she makes more money she should be able to slap him around? I guess if he gets fired from work she should make him kneel down and face the wall. That's just nonsense. Gosh. I honestly feel like you should not let it go lightly and she certainly has to come back very remorseful. She is crazy to think she could hit someone. She's a tyrant and you cannot reward bad behavior with "love". Rubbish.

Well said!
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
nutty_hnic:

So you are saying its possible to PSYCHOLOGICALLY alter the way things are to bring about a change in the mind of both sexes to such effect that WOMEN also be PERCEIVED as being able to carry out the same functions as MEN... everything, mentally, physcally nd all?

Aside the physical part, yes I think so.
And please, women are not mentally inferior to men. There have been various intelligence tests that proved that males and females are equal intellectually.
Read one of them on this site.

In this thread;https://www.nairaland.com/1494144/9-children-raised-animals ; there were stories of people who started behaving like animals after being conditioned to believe that they are animals. If humans can adopt the behaviour of animals after appropriate conditioning then that should tell you that human beings can be conditioned to believe basically anything about themselves and act accordingly.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 8:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nashville:

Thats the truth. So if the guy marry Akunyili, he would probably be very sad rather than be proud of his wife. Now when you see some women believe it is ok to be lazy and not aspire to be much you can understand. Its just because we have lots of men who prefer the lazy type of girls to women who want to achieve something.

I wouldnt share my story cos it may sound like I am gloating but the truth is that you need to see my wife's CV. Alot the stuff there are directly from me or my contacts. I am not worried if she becomes proud tomorrow - I can always marry another wife cheesy

I actually LOLed! at 'marry another wife!

God will keep the both of you to the very end. Don't worry, you both will be smiling toothlessly at each other in many years to come.

It is well
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Lifestyles in the past made it necessary for women to stay home and depend on men, there was the high rate of infant mortality, the absence of machines that take up physically demanding tasks and so men had to do much of the physical work that was required back then like hunting, farming and defence and so they were mostly providers while women were mostly dependent on them, as a result of this, it was only fair for the men who provided everything for the household to be the head and ruler since the woman depended on him.

These days women work and also contribute financially to the family. They are not inferior to men.

..hey am not a non advocate of gender equality. but there sure is a difference between both sexes.

as you pointed out above, society as it is today could not have been advanced as it is if it was the woman who had to out and do the work.....with respect to gender, MEN laid the foundation for which gender equality is being debated today since everything seem to be working and women dont need to go to farms, nor hunt....

This isnt just lifestyles in the past dear, those were MEN working and doing stuff women couldnt do to have a better society today...
lets talk about gender equality when we still depended on crude stuff to survive
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
carefreewannabe:

WRONG!
They didn't provide EVERYTHING!
Women have ALWAYS been involved in farming too, for instance!

BUT even IF men DID provide everything, wouldn't mean that the work done by women (cleaning the house, cooking, looking after children, giving birth .... ) is of less VALUE!

# workingwomanteam

Yes, women were involved in farming but they did not take up as much as the men did in that regard.
Secondly, women being physically weaker were considered inferior to men because the value system of the people in the past was that physically weaker people were by default inferior to those who were stronger than them. Back then, the things we view as uncivilised and barbaric were perfectly acceptable and normal. For instance, a king could easily declare war on another nation (without being provoked by them first) and then go on to take over that nation if he had more military might. Things like this mad people view strength and aggression as a determinant of superiority.
The cooking and caring for kids etc that you mentioned were considered to be of less value than tasks that involved use of strength.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by dayokanu(m): 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hmmm Ileobatojo

I already see the influence of coogar on you.

Pick the date quickly and send the sample of aso-ebi
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by coogar: 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
bukatyne:
Coogar,

You are comparing a woman whose fiancée is a potential abuser to a man whose wife slapped him once

don't even try to wriggle yourself out of this. a potential abuser hasn't abused yet hence the word "potential". so if you can campaign for women to run from someone who is yet to abuse them, why would you then solicit a second chance for an abusive wife? you claim sex equality but your comments(past & present) do not align with what you preach.

My post you dug out is actually a very wrong example to use as it is very self explanatory
Until you can dig up a post where I told a female poster to divorce or leave her home because her husband slapped her once, don't quote me again or describe my posts as hypocritic or with double standards.

what will you do if i quote you again? slap me? do i look like your husband?

Thanks

i don't have such time on my hands.....what's my business with who you quoted? i called you out & i have backed my claim with facts.......

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ok
troy20:
lol.i actually meant the o.p .He had the slap long time coming.it wasnt just because he deeped his hands in the pot.i actually wanted a better insight from you as a woman.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Yes, women were involved in farming but they did not take up as much as the men did in that regard.
Secondly, women being physically weaker were considered inferior to men because the value system of the people in the past was that physically weaker people were by default inferior to those who were stronger than them. Back then, the things we view as uncivilised and barbaric were perfectly acceptable and normal. For instance, a king could easily declare war on another nation (without being provoked by them first) and then go on to take over that nation if he had more military might. Things like this mad people view strength and aggression as a determinant of superiority.
The cooking and caring for kids etc that you mentioned were considered to be of less value than tasks that involved use of strength.

I know all of this BUT what you NOW call "uncivilised and barbaric", is what you called "fair" before. This is where I see the problem.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by dayokanu(m): 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
bukatyne:

Coogar,

WHat is the difference or May I ask which is worse

Someone who MIGHT be an abuser based on potentials and a REAL abuser who already slapped a partner

I would expect the advise t be similar thats the minimum

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
So you've seen how wrong they were?
You know better now right?
Readin from your posts at least you've seen that just like in many aspects,the old reasoning has faults.
De Beauvoir:

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
nutty_hnic:

..hey am not a non advocate of gender inequality. but there sure is a difference between both sexes.

as you pointed out above, society as it is today could not have been advanced as it is if it was the woman who had to out and do the work.....with respect to gender, MEN laid the foundation for which gender equality is being debated today since everything seem to be working and women dont need to go to farms, nor hunt....

This isnt just lifestyles in the past dear, those were MEN working and doing stuff women couldnt do to have a better society today

Are you being serious right now?

You are basing the development of the society entirely on the performance of physical tasks, that is plain wrong and the reason why I say so is because we advance as a specie due to how intelligent we are and not because of how strong we are.
That's why humans are on top of the food chain; because we are smart and not because we are strong.

Even if men went out and did the physical tasks, they could not have gotten very far without employing intelligence. Brains is what matters, not brawn.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
bukatyne:

Coogar,

Thanks

It's pretty self explanatory to me.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
carefreewannabe:

I know all of this BUT what you NOW call "uncivilised and barbaric", is what you called "fair" before. This is where I see the problem.

True. The problem is that men these days do not want to loose their priviledged positions of superiority and so you see many men struggle and argue to continue perpetuating the belief that strength is what determines superiority. It's understandable, it's in human nature to want to rise above others.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
dayokanu: Hmmm Ileobatojo

Mtschieeew!
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Lightening: 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: if I ask you to give me one unarguable reason why women are inferior to men,you're going to come up with certified nonsense. So I won't bother.let me focus my words on people like dailynews who at least has a percieved reason for what he's saying.in your opinion,a real woman is the one who's only interested in an accomplished man who can pay her bills?
cheesy somebody(anybody) help this dude pls

Like I said I'm done with you,I didn't expect you to quote me again.if you do again,I'm gon ignore you. Thank you

@Dailynews,I hope you understand that money doesnt equate to success.
If so we'd be callling yahoo boys , drug dealers and high way robbers successful men.
Success has more to do with satisfaction and covered milestones than how much you've made.
So saying that a con man who has amassed billions by fraud is more successful than a Ph.d holder who's married to a medical doctor (and both of them share the family expenses) is wrong. Success isn't solely identified by money.

Loretta, I perceive you are a single lady with so much fantasies. Read through all your altercations. If this is not just online entertainment, you may be on a very fastlane to marital frustrations. Ask those ladies that successfully built their homes and raised responsible children if your philosophies are in the least tenable. Goodluck!
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by coogar: 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
dayokanu: Hmmm Ileobatojo

even the most notorious african witchdoctor can be tamed. grin. it took only 21 days, 19 hours & 13 minutes to tame ileobz. grin
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Uthman75: 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
If na me, na total dissolution of the marriage. U better be careful coz may be one day na acid or hot H20 tins.....
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
Lightening:

Loretta, I perceive you are a single lady with so much fantasies. Read through all your altercations. If this is not just online entertainment, you may be on a very fastlane to marital frustrations. Ask those ladies that successfully built their homes and raised responsible children if your philosophies are in the least tenable. Goodluck!

Loretta, you are an intelligent woman that has the right ideas and knows how to stand up for herself. Don't let anyone deceive you into believing that you are inferior to a man because of your gender. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Are you being serious right now?

You are basing the development of the society entirely on the performance of physical tasks, that is plain wrong and the reason why I say so is because we advance as a specie due to how intelligent we are and not because of how strong we are.
That's why humans are on top of the food chain; because we are smart and not because we are strong.

Even if men went out and did the physical tasks, they could not have gotten very far without employing intelligence. Brains is what matters, not brawn.

Yea, i know that. but it goes hand in hand, both mentally and physically....being courageous nd not being skeptical of change...these are traits in male specie..

Now, why most of these doesnt really apply to females maybe because of your genetical features..

i.e the effect of child bearing, being more emotional nd all..this is my own point of view though
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
coogar:

even the most notorious african witchdoctor can be tamed. grin. it took only 21 days, 19 hours & 13 minutes to tame ileobz. grin

Na yam?!

**Singing...I've got the eye of the tiger, the fire........and you're gonna hear me ROAR!**
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
Thanks dear
I'm following your posts
Making brains. smiley
De Beauvoir:

Loretta, you are an intelligent woman that has the right ideas and knows how to stand up for herself. Don't let anyone deceive you into believing that you are inferior to a man because of your gender. Goodluck!
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Lightening: 8:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
bukatyne:

Coogar,

Thanks

Very poor face saver. Coogar rose up to your challenge and has succesdfully boxed you up. It pays to be consistent in life dealings. Pls go to bed.

5 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Yea, i know that. but it goes hand in hand, both mentally and physically....being courageous nd not being skeptical of change...these are traits in male specie..

Now, why most of these doesnt really apply to females maybe because of your genetical features..

i.e the effect of child bearing, being more emotional nd all..this is my own point of view though

I don't understand you, did you not read what I wrote about conditioning before?

Women can also be courageous and not skeptical of change, cowardice and fear of change is not tied to gender.

Side note; men can also be emotional like women. You mentioned that men are aggressive before; is that aggressiveness not an emotion? Or are emotions only counted as such when they are non threatening and non violent?
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: Thanks dear
I'm following your posts
Making brains. smiley

You're welcome.

Keep up the good work by the way.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
De Beauvoir:

True. The problem is that men these days do not want to loose their priviledged positions of superiority and so you see many men struggle and argue to continue perpetuating the belief that strength is what determines superiority. It's understandable, it's in human nature to want to rise above others.

They should compete elsewhere and not with their own family members, in this case their wives.

Other nations are controlling the world and even starting to control part of the universe (flying to the moon and similar) and Nigerians are still busy trying to control their own women as if these were children. What an achievement.

BTW I really like your attitude and most of your Posts so far. Keep it up! Respect!

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by pristine7(m): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
engineerd: There is no doubt in my mind i will SLAP the sh*it out of her back! After all i'm a strong believer in equality of sexes!
Never believe in equality of sexes. The woman was made for man not vice versa. That is why marriages fail today. Equality mentality. Women are weaker vessels.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by coogar: 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
ileobatojo:

Na yam?!

**Singing...I've got the eye of the tiger, the fire........and you're gonna hear me ROAR!**

if you open your mouth once to roar, i would toss hot piece of cocoyam in your mouth. cheesy
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
dayokanu:

WHat is the difference or May I ask which is worse

Someone who MIGHT be an abuser based on potentials and a REAL abuser who already slapped a partner

I would expect the advise t be similar thats the minimum

Dayo,

That post was from a thread where the OP listed signs of an abusive man and several male posters turned the Thread to a gender bashing and submission thread.

Like I told Coogar, I believe that post was self explanatory.

The I am still waiting for a post that I told a female poster to end her marriage because of one slap.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
Yes I'm single
No I don't have fantasies (well except to win the billion dollar jackpot smiley )

As against your very 'wise' perception that I might be on the way to marital frustrations,I can tell you whole heartedly that you're wrong.I can ask many women who have raised responsible kids and the answer would still be that I can do it.
I don't need to go far to ask
I've my mom here as a perfect example.
Career mom.
Great kids
Happy home.
I could begin to count the number of women who I know have done it and I won't be done by tomorrow.
I have no fear for the future. Worry about yourself and your wife smiley
I'll be fine. Thanks.
Lightening:

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

How I Shared Christmas Money Between My Parents And Inlaw / Sallah: Woman Scatters Her Home Because Her Husband Bought A Goat / Did This Happen In Your Family While Growing Up? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.