Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,775 members, 7,908,996 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 03:31 PM

Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) (11175 Views)

Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud / Ex-LG Boss Killed By Homosexual Partner / Ex-lg Boss' Son Gunned Down By Cultists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by paschalndidi(m): 12:52pm On Nov 14, 2013
The Nigerian judiciary is a disgrace to the entire world. How on earth are we going to reduce corruption in this country when this kind of verdict will given by those who (judiciary) say they dont like corrupt politicians. If i can get six months jail terms for stealing 7million of tax payers money, why wouldnt i continue stealing? If it was a poor man who stole this money, he would ve gotten a life imprisonment. What am i saying? Is it not in this country that a bread winner of a family was killed for his refusal to give a police officer 50 naira. And somebody is telling me that this country will be well. I dont think so. I m just angry. Its a pity
Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by Swiftlee(m): 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2013

Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by Acidosis(m): 1:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
Kudos to the judge..

Atleast its one thing to remember in Kogi

Some of those shouting "Kogi this, Kogi that" grin have 1st class criminals in their states... grin and no one can touch them... infact most Nairalanders worship them like idols grin

Make I no talk..

If only Tinubu didn't embezzle 700million grin grin

Fayose self dey cruise around the world grin

Make I no talk sha.. grin

1 Like

Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by Mantiza(m): 1:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
@SLIDE waxie]And examination malpractices attracts 5yrs jail term grin grin[ hohohohehehehehehe hahahahaha you are a clown grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by lumeneng22: 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2013
vicoloni: Well, six months is too small for such offense but he's nevertheless an ex convict the moment he steps out of prison. Even if its three days imprisonment.
.Ex convict my foot. Was ibori not an ex convict b4 coming as delta state governor?
Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by alotofgrace(m): 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
am suprised they just discovered

ui postponed convocation: http://abume4life..com/2013/11/ui-2013-convocation-postponed.html
Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by alotofgrace(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
am suprised they just found out

ui postponed convocation: http://abume4life..com/2013/11/ui-2013-convocation-postponed.html
Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by odomanis: 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
That is what you get when the Law makers who are suppose to review and update our Laws ignore their main job and concentrate more on the so called OVERSIGHT function.Oversight function gives them so much money so,they prefer to give more time and energy to that. We cannot blame the Judiciary because they cannot go outside the Law. You cannot be sent to jail for 10 years when the law says such offence attracts only 2 years. We have so many achaic laws waiting for review but,they wont. Yet we pay them so much. NONSENCE !
Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by odomanis: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
paschal ndidi: The Nigerian judiciary is a disgrace to the entire world. How on earth are we going to reduce corruption in this country when this kind of verdict will given by those who (judiciary) say they dont like corrupt politicians. If i can get six months jail terms for stealing 7million of tax payers money, why wouldnt i continue stealing? If it was a poor man who stole this money, he would ve gotten a life imprisonment. What am i saying? Is it not in this country that a bread winner of a family was killed for his refusal to give a police officer 50 naira. And somebody is telling me that this country will be well. I dont think so. I m just angry. Its a pity

That is what you get when the Law makers who are suppose to review and update our Laws ignore their main job and concentrate more on the so called OVERSIGHT function.Oversight function gives them so much money so,they prefer to give more time and energy to that. We cannot blame the Judiciary because they cannot go outside the Law. You cannot be sent to jail for 10 years when the law says such offence attracts only 2 years. We have so many achaic laws waiting for review but,they wont. Yet we pay them so much. NONSENCE !
Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by BARRISTERDAN(m): 7:28pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ahh!!! My country is really a joke. Just 6mths for #7m,but 15yrs for exam malpractice, is the judiciary am preparing to join this serious? Little wonder people have lost hope in the arm that is the last resort of the common man. Haba! The Judge and the Defence should be derobed cos this is a sabotage on the communities that the criminal stole from. How can people from Kogi go to court again knowing fully well that justice is for the rich?
Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by bunmit(m): 7:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
unbelievable, six month for 7m!! An average of 1.12m per month, i think dats a good business
Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by gogodaye(m): 7:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
Sentences of this nature are replete all over our judicial landscape and they are bound to continue.This is what you find when there exists a dearth of synergy amongst the agencies and organs interfacing in the justice delivery sector. Close to being 60 years old as a nation, we come tops amongst our contemporaries as a country were judicial organ runs without a sentencing guideline. Thus, imbuing in our Judges a discretionary latitude whose exercise is derogatory of punishment being a deterrant.
Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by paschalndidi(m): 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
Acidosis: Kudos to the judge..

Atleast its one thing to remember in Kogi

Some of those shouting "Kogi this, Kogi that" grin have 1st class criminals in their states... grin and no one can touch them... infact most Nairalanders worship them like idols grin

Make I no talk..

If only Tinubu didn't embezzle 700million grin grin

Fayose self dey cruise around the world grin

Make I no talk sha.. grin
typical Nigerian man with Nigerian mentality giving kudos to this judge. You can't even call black black, white white
Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by paschalndidi(m): 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
odomanis:

But dont you think these so called laws that say minor punishment should be given to he who commits a bigger crime applicable to only the rich? Is the reverse not always the case when it comes to the poorman on the street?
Re: Ex-lg Boss Jailed Six Months For N7m Fraud (Pic) by adom1(m): 10:32am On Nov 15, 2013
THE PEOPLE OF IPAKU WHERE THE EX-CHAIRMAN CAME FROM HIGHLY CONDEMN THE ACT OF CURRUPTION.IRONICALLY, THERE IS NO BOREHOLE IN HIS HOMETOWN AND NOTHING TO SHOW FOR THE EMBEZZLED MONEY

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Court Jails Nigerian For 60 Months Over $200k Romance Scam / MNJTF Troops Neutralize 22 ISWAP Terrorists, Recover Arms In Lake Chad / We Didn’t Bring Gunmen To Kill Our People — Abatete Community, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.