Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,437 members, 7,888,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:21 AM

Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet (12826 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet (Locked) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by beauteous(f): 10:52pm On Jul 18, 2008
romeo:

20 freaking million dollars for a privagte jet grin grin grin grin

Bunch of retards parading as men of God!!
Wen will retards stop seeing other
pple as retards.probably they think errybody is like 'em.
Judge yhurself young man!!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 11:00pm On Jul 18, 2008
So many Judges on this thread nawa o lipsrsealed

On top Jet, Ordinary jet ok not ordinary oh tongue
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by mekaboy(m): 11:46pm On Jul 18, 2008
OH YEE OF LITTLE FAITH,

This topic, prooves to me that the bibble is complete, this same thing happened in the bibble, when the female prostitute broke an expensive perfume and poured it on JESUS. The disciples said it was a waste of money , it would have been sold and given to the poor, what did JESUS answer? THE POOR YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE AROUND YOU, BUT I WILL NOT BE HERE FOREVER. so i believe you all against his buying the jet, know what the answer is for you now,
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 18, 2008
mekaboy:

OH YEE OF LITTLE FAITH,

This topic, prooves to me that the bibble is complete, this same thing happened in the bibble, when the female prostitute broke an expensive perfume and poured it on JESUS. The disciples said it was a waste of money , it would have been sold and given to the poor, what did JESUS answer? THE POOR YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE AROUND YOU, BUT I WILL NOT BE HERE FOREVER. so i believe you all against his buying the jet, know what the answer is for you now,

Dont read the bible upside down. Mary's perfume on Christ was an act of self-denial and worship. She did not levy her neighbours to buy the perfume.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by yongbabe(f): 12:11am On Jul 19, 2008
ahh yes he wants to buy a jet with ppls ofering money.
Typical nigerian pastors, FAKE FAKE FAKE!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 12:18am On Jul 19, 2008
Typical Nigerian people

Judge Judge Judge!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by software(m): 7:52am On Jul 19, 2008
so many pastors dey NL

To be frank, as christians our way of life and doing things, should serve as an example to others, There are lots of people really suffering and looking up to the church for both spiritual and physical help, Jesus christ fed his disciples, he didnt perfom that miracle so he could have a Car or perhaps a JET,

Lots of people come to church and needs to be helped, The dwarfs are out there, people, even churches are discriminating.

there are lots of things to do with such an amount of money, The bible should be our starndard as christians, ,

Its just an avenue for the devil to come into church of God, so many other men of God will start extorting money from their memebers in the name of BUY BUY BUY,

i suprise oooo, so many many other pastors right now in the villages right now, dont even know or have something to eat, there are lots of them, lets encouage them with such a money,

so many other great men of God who devote their money, riches and everything still dont have a private Jet for themselves,

lets do what is right and what is pleasing to God, lets touch peoples lives, not only by reading the scriptures to them,

I rest my case
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 8:54am On Jul 19, 2008
@Roughlen

You made a reference to Mathew 19 but decided to stop at Verse 23. Well thats just to suit your mischievous purpose.

Please read verses 24 and 25

25When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?"

26Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Now what can you learn from these 2 verses?

1. The disciples were shocked that's why they asked "who then can be saved?'' meaning the disciples themselves were rich, otherwise they wouldn't ask "who then, ?"

Verse 26 settles the matter! it means a rich christian can go to heaven and it wont be difficult! because God is the source of his riches!

@ the topic

the issue is clear - Poverty mentality. If Jesus became poor that I might be rich and I still clung on to poverty, then I had made Him suffer for nothing.

People talk about the $20 million as if that's all RCCG had to spend. Do you think Pastor Adeboye would decide to buy the jet if he wasnt sure it's so necessary? RCCG is rich and resourceful enough to acquire the jet!

well, the wisdom of this world (as displayed by many antagonists of the jet purchase) is foolishness unto GOD
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by ukoma(m): 9:24am On Jul 19, 2008
it is quite funny how people talk or read, you post something without being sure of it and then people come out to delibrate, be warned, whatever you say against an annointed man is upon you.if Pastor Adeboye needs a private jet I do not think he has to announce it for critics to know first before buying it, again I say, confirm your stories before posting or even talking negatively.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 19, 2008
Gemini you said there is enough charity around? How much of it do you do? Am shocked at our values as Nigerians. I just finished Organsing a charity event and i had a volunteer come all the way from US to help us out. She is 18 in University and all her Holidays she flys from US to come Volunteer in Childrens Homes in Nigeria. We were out to lunch one day and we meet some of her Nigerian Classmates, there were showing off items they had bought to her, Glasses of N35, 000, shoes of 62,000 and they were proudly delcaring that thats all they do when they are in Nigeria. And she asked them to come help out in the Childrens home and they gave some stupid excuse and left. This Girl came all the way from US to spend her two weeks \vacation helping out here, she did not give money ort anything just played with the kids, taught them and helped us \organize our Charity Football match (which was so much fun, will paste the Pictures soon.)
The aim of that example is to show you how messed up our priorities are evn as young pweople, Charity is not just about giving ,money or food, you are on holiday, volunteer two hours of your time and spend with Kids who do not have Parents or Big brother or sisters, we will not, we will be moving form one plavce to the other and we will say heaven is ours. When you die, anmd go to God, what will you have to show for all he has blessed you with, you think enrichging your Pastror and buying Private Jets, be a real Christain and Show real Love not all these Church Shows.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by samorijack(m): 9:25am On Jul 19, 2008
I'll just throw in my 10 cents to this discusson. $20 million on a jet for the propergation of a gospel which does not seem to have any moral and social impact on Nigeria and Nigerians, is nothing but a sham. Even the queen of England does not have a private jet, because she does not need only. Secondly the environmental and maintainance costs will exceed $20 million, who will bear this cost? There are more pressing problems which have to be adressed,shame on Adeboye and most penticostals,there're nothing but hypocrits. If you need $20 millon for a private jet ask God to provide it stop milking the already over milked sheep,they are not a financial asset. Penticostalism in Nigeria is nothing but sheer materializim,for all the noise we make about prosperity we are the poorest set of Nigerians, I say all of this very respectfully. smiley
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by samorijack(m): 9:38am On Jul 19, 2008
I'd like to see Adeboye and the like trun water to wine and multiply loaves of bread befroe they get their private jets
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by software(m): 10:06am On Jul 19, 2008
The truth is always bitter, i get so sick when i see people who call themselves children of God, and yet they are still soaked with the material things of this world,

people are saying he needs the JET so he can have easy movemets, so that he doesnt waist time on long que at the airports, people raised issue of cancelation of flight, thereby affecting his appointment,

BUT LISTEN,

God is a faithfull God, He does not fail and he has never failed. If Baba Adeboye is to be somewhere at a particular time, God will definately make it possible, there wount be cancellation of flights, there wount be delays,

Lets not be a  materialistic christian, A friendship of the world "materialism" it brings enimity with God. lets watch it,

na small small the thing dey start ooo

"Small time now, the church for my back yard sef go say dem won buy JET for their pastor."
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 10:18am On Jul 19, 2008
Bro Software,

What does it mean to be materialistic, vis-a-vis buying a jet for the purpose of the gospel?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 19, 2008
software:

God is a faithfull God, He does not fail and he has never failed. If Baba Adeboye is to be somewhere at a particular time, God will definately make it possible, there wount be cancellation of flights, there wount be delays,

thats why God wants him to use a jet.

Its simple maths, God has used him to bless many, and those people now live extravagantly, so why must he live like a pauper.

just watch what you say so God does not bring you down.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 11:15am On Jul 19, 2008
If it was difficult for rich men to enter heaven, the likes of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph should be in hell now.

Lazarus was poor and went to Abraham's bosom. Mention one poor person in the bible that God was identified with.

We know of God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, I havent read about "The God of Lazarus". God identifies with the poor, so they can be rich, so that Jesus wouldnt be poor in vain. If you were poor before accepting the gospel, and remain poor thereafter, then you have not appropriated the fullness of God.

Poverty is more of a poor spirit/mentality than an empty purse.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by revlanre(m): 11:22am On Jul 19, 2008
angry angry angry i curse all of you insult the man of God , you are all playing with fire , God Of Elijah send Bear to Kill them , Amen sad
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by wilfred84(m): 11:26am On Jul 19, 2008
ALL THIS PASTORS WITH THERE EGOISTIC NATURE HAVE STARTED AGAIN, IMAGINE COMMON MAN OFFERING, HE WANT TO USE IT TO BUY JET, OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, BIG SCAMMER. grin
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by huxley(m): 11:30am On Jul 19, 2008
Are there any reports of the G.O having been ordered by god to buy this jet? What if it was god's wish that he buys it but he refuses to do so, would that be disobeying god's plans?

If if he goes ahead and buys it and at some point in the future runs into, say, financial trouble with it? Or worse still, and god forbids, he runs into an accident with it in which everyone is killed. Would that have been god's plan as well. In fact, this reminds me of the Nigerian Pastor who died in an plane crash some years ago. It was later found that this pastor had been living a duplicitous life, like marrying a second wife in secrecy while still married to his first wife. hahaha

How the sheep are easily fleeced!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by revlanre(m): 11:35am On Jul 19, 2008
@wilfred i pity ur life cuz u just used ur mouth to place curse on ur generation, Touch not my annoited and do my prophet no harm, what if its God that ordered him to do so
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by javalove(m): 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2008
xtians would never stop making me laff. bunch of lost mumu's cheesy
wait wait,
20 FREAKING MILLION NAIRA NO DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! to buy jet

ok oooo. from contribution from members oooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!

no way me sef dey go open my own church!!!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by khufu: 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2008
wilfred84:

ALL THIS PASTORS WITH THERE EGOISTIC NATURE HAVE STARTED AGAIN, IMAGINE COMMON MAN OFFERING, HE WANT TO USE IT TO BUY JET, OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, BIG SCAMMER. grin
you have spoken the truth. see the face of the thieving [b]GO[/b]at!

Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by BangBang2(m): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2008
adeboye is a thief!!!

all other flamboyant pastors who siphon of tithes, offerings and church money are frauds!!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by anonimi: 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2008
For all those saying Judge Not for Adeboye's reported desire to buy a $20m jet when his country, of which the church he leads is an integral part, is known as one of the worst places in the world where basic amenities are lacking, you probably don't have the following in your Bible:

1 John4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

You may also read the commentary on this link:

http://www.spiritualabuse.org/mywritings/authority.html

It is this Adeboye, whose Asst. Area Pastor Abuja, an ordinary Director in INEC was found with billions in his accounts, many mansions, cars and other assets as well as a second wife. On what salary per annum embarassed
Adeboye's response His church is too large for him to ensure all his pastors are above board shocked
Yet he dey claim sey im dey see vision of witches wey dey cause air crashes/block people's employment etc, prophesy sey Naija will be great as im dey aid & abet corruption.
By their fruits you shall know them tongue
Show me your friends and I will tell who you are tongue
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by khufu: 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2008
javalove:

xtians would never stop making me laff. bunch of lost mumu's cheesy
wait wait,
20 FREAKING MILLION NAIRA NO DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! to buy jet

ok oooo. from contribution from members oooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!

no way me sef dey go open my own church!!!
@javalove,
not all christians are lost, it is only the pentecostal christians that are lost. nice post though. remember me when you found your church and buy your jet o! i would be the accountant, auditor and pilot. grin
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2008
angry angry@mukina and seun , please close this thread down , its un heard off and am highly dissapointed the ways this Non-christian are treating our fellow christians with raw criticism and u are all watching ,please close this thread down, thnxs
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by BangBang2(m): 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2008
jayon:

angry angry@mukina and seun , please close this thread down , its un heard off and am highly dissapointed the ways this Non-christian are treating our fellow christians with raw criticism and u are all watching ,please close this thread down, thnxs

haha

are you one of adeboye's footsoldier?!

it is a scam, a fraud and un-Godly to demand a $20million jet!!

grin
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2008
Bangbang

I must say you are a spiritual weakling. This matter is beyond your comprehension. Your ID says more than enough
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by BangBang2(m): 2:18pm On Jul 19, 2008
fyneguy:

Bangbang

I must say you are a spiritual weakling. This matter is beyond your comprehension. Your ID says more than enough

thank you very much Pastor Adeboye!!

Now shut the fuc.k up and say no more!!! grin
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by fyneguy: 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2008
Khufu's contribution to this matter can be likened to a primary school drop-out saying rockets are a waste of money

@bangbang

lol please stick to contemporary issues which your carnal mind may have capacity to relate with
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by BangBang2(m): 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2008
fyneguy:

lol please stick to contemporary issues which your carnal mind has capacity to relate with

u r mentally deranged for thinking a username depicts one's real attitude towards life!!

do yourself a favour mate, check ur pastor to see if he his defrauding u and ur congregation

if u think buying a $20mill jet for a pastor is good, then u must be a fool with akamu brain

now once again, shut the fuc.k up and get a life (or wallow in ur own stupidity!!)
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by khufu: 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2008
fyneguy:

Khufu's contribution to this matter can be likened to a primary school drop-out saying rockets are a waste of money
thank you sir. but i say it again that your [b]GO[/b]at is a fake.
jayon:

why? had it been the discourse is about celestials, cherubim & seraphims, jehovah's witnesses, catholics, TB Joshua, etc then you would not say that. if your [b]Go[/b]at is good nobody would criticise him. and once again,
BangBang!:

Now shut the fuc.k up and say no more!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os / The Laughter Of Yahweh: I Am The Deceiver / Apostle Suleiman Warned Kogi Governorship Candidates Of Death (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.