Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,983 members, 7,909,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 10:16 AM

Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks (19328 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) / Infrastructural Tour By Federal Ministry Of Information(PIctures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Sloan: 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
After N 5 Tr in security budget, you mean the PDP government has not renovated any of these hell holes called barracks? Well Nigerians deserve it, may your foolishness be the reason you will suffer from the frustrated police and soldiers who see this kind of eye sore everyday!

2 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
uzoexcel: moi cheesy cheesy cheesy

#frontpage Ginger #justkidding
Hehehehehe.........................For your mind. tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by psychologist(m): 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
cool
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
Definitive: The Nigerian problem is multi-faceted.

Yesterday, we were discussing about the poor airports and terminals when compared with other nations of the world.

The day before that, it was about insecurity.

Yet still, we are bogged by poor road network, inadequate or poorly funded healthcare facilities, education is an eyesore and all manners of social malady.

The sleaze and apparent danger in the Police Barracks is only an infinitesimal proportion of the rot in our system. We've got to address these matters in a honest and bold-faced fashion. It ain't about putting this on the FP or blaming the mods or pooh-poohing the government.

It is about what we say all the time - the Nigerian mentality. We, us, your Dad and mine - are the government. We aren't ruled by the military or some monarchy.

If we decide to annihilate the three evils bedevilling our country: Corruption, Ethnicity and its attendant Nepotism, then we'll begin taking the very first few steps to cleaning this augean stable in the mess currently known as Nigeria.

It took Hong Kong 10 years. Maylasia also turned around. I believe this is why many are advocating for the tall Katsina General to rule this country; but he wouldn't do it alone. Many believe that he is disciplined and forthright. Indeed, that's what Nigeria needs at the moment.

We must disavow this 'make I chop my own mentality.' We must ask to give the society, rather than take from it or amass some ill-gotten wealth.

The average American, British, Finnish or Norwegian government official thinks first about his country before he thinks about his personal gain. The system works in their climes. Corruption has grinded ours - yet we: U and me, are the ones who have oiled the wheels of this decay... It isn't time to point fingers, that's why I've not alienated myself - even though I've played no personal roles in government before now...

The way out of this is by changing our orientation about our country, voting sane men into power, questioning the authorities per unit time and remaining faithful, honest and forthright - even in our personal and daily activities.

The average white lie, the little cheating in 'business', the lassisitude we attach to our daily responsibilities - even outside of government - are all that has added up to stagnate out dear country. Money alone wouldn't do it, it is about revamping the mentality of every one of us.

I submit!
quite true. But sadly it will end in talks.Talk that's what we do while they steal with more impunity.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by obailala(m): 3:34pm On Jul 29, 2014
The problem with raising awareness to such issues these days (especially on nairaland) is that someone would soon politicize this and the thread would soon degenerate into a PDP vs APC madness undecided undecided
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Spaxon(f): 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hmm... Afta Sambo belle go de puff lyk state budget
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by gistmelove(m): 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
ooshinibos: i like those roofs ..are they the one also called supalite.
nope this is called stone coated roofing..
You can contact me on 08085310359 for more detail
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by stanisbaratheon: 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
WTH... that structure has failed both functionally and structurally
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by alexola20(m): 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2014

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by EkoIle1: 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
Subjecting any human being to this deplorable sub standard living is criminal..

This is crime against humanity...

....but then, they take out their frustration on the average Nigerians with their miserable existence via bribes, extortions, killings and lawlessness just like the poorly trained, unprofessional and criminal elements within the Nigerian military..

All while they do Oga Sir Oga Sir to the same crooked and corrupt people responsible for their misery..
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nihilist: 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
Definitive:
It is about what we say all the time - the Nigerian mentality. We, us, your Dad and mine - are the government. We aren't ruled by the military or some monarchy.

If we decide to annihilate the three evils bedevilling our country: Corruption, Ethnicity and its attendant Nepotism, then we'll begin taking the very first few steps to cleaning this augean stable in the mess currently known as Nigeria.

It took Hong Kong 10 years. Maylasia also turned around. I believe this is why many are advocating for the tall Katsina General to rule this country; but he wouldn't do it alone. Many believe that he is disciplined and forthright. Indeed, that's what Nigeria needs at the moment.

We must disavow this 'make I chop my own mentality.' We must ask to give the society, rather than take from it or amass some ill-gotten wealth.

The average American, British, Finnish or government official thinks first about his country before he thinks about his personal gain. The system works in their climes. Corruption has grinded ours - yet we: U and me, are the ones who have oiled the wheels of this decay... It isn't time to point fingers, that's why I've not alienated myself - even though I've played no personal roles in government before now...

The way out of this is by changing our orientation about our country, voting sane men into power, questioning the authorities per unit time and remaining faithful, honest and forthright - even in our personal and daily activities.

The average white lie, the little cheating in 'business', the lassisitude we attach to our daily responsibilities - even outside of government - are all that has added up to stagnate out dear country. Money alone wouldn't do it, it is about revamping the mentality of every one of us.

I submit!

cheesy

LMAO

So you really believe that Westerners are morally superior to Nigerians?

That the western government officials are not corrupt?

And that westerners don't tell 'white lies' or don't engage in 'the little cheating in business'?

Hahahahaha

Your writing style indicates a high level of education.

It's a pity that that there isn't a proportionate level of intelligence behind it..
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Octaves(m): 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
All the infrastructures in Nigeria are neglected. That's why we are a third word country. In an organised country, roads don't have to degrade to the level they do here, before they are given attention. Things are maintained periodically even without significant damage. U never get a bad picture of institutions or cities or anything in developed countries. If brazil and argentina etc are third world, naija is fifth world

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by horlabiyi(m): 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
The police barrack in Ogbomoso Oyo state just got renovated gonna upload picture whenever I go there.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by zicoraads: 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
Whaattttttttttttttt shocked shocked

Were they sleeping?? MzMariah I don de suspect you!
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by argon500: 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
ffg680-=;
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
zicoraads: Whaattttttttttttttt shocked shocked

Were they sleeping?? MzMariah I don de suspect you!
Wetin I do? I resemble GEJ? grin
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Spaxon(f): 4:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
MzMariah: Wetin I do? I resemble GEJ? grin
lol
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Arosa(m): 4:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
Channels tv, pls. do your job. Our gov. should see this.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
Spaxon: lol
Yea o, please ask him for me o. cheesy
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Spaxon(f): 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
MzMariah: Yea o, please ask him for me o. cheesy
maybe he is an APC guy..
Lol
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by zurine(f): 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
chai
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
Spaxon: maybe he is an APC guy..
Lol
Lol.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by obailala(m): 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nihilist:

cheesy

LMAO

So you really believe that Westerners are morally superior to Nigerians?

That the western government officials are not corrupt?

And that westerners don't tell 'white lies' or don't engage in 'the little cheating in business'?

Hahahahaha

Your writing style indicates a high level of education.

It's a pity that that there isn't a proportionate level of intelligence behind it..

Now I see you must belong to the lot who excuse our societal ills because you strongly believe we aren't alone.. Always screaming things like, "Nigeria is not the only corrupt country"... I weep for the so called intelligence you claim..

Now back to the statement you tried to counter, do you really think those other countries mentioned have an EQUAL and widespread level of corruption and moral decadence as Nigeria?.. If so, how come they still prosper but we only retrogress? .. have you ever asked yourself that question?

Yes! corruption exists everywhere however, the Nigerian corruption dish is served with a very special spice called IMPUNITY which makes it irresistible and unstoppable.

IMPUNITY = "if I steal and I'm caught, I am 99% sure I will not still go to prison"

With impunity over the decades, our corruption has grown to unbelievable heights which dwarfs what is obtainable in those other countries mentioned... Now that is why they progress and we don't; our corruption is at a totally different level.. Nigerians really need to shelve the complacent argument of "corruption exists everywhere"

3 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by ooshinibos: 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
gistmelove:
nope this is called stone coated roofing..
You can contact me on 08085310359 for more detail

OK
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nihilist: 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
obailala: Now I see you must belong to the lot who excuse our societal ills because you strongly believe we aren't alone.. Always screaming things like, "Nigeria is not the only corrupt country"... I weep for the so called intelligence you claim..

Now back to the statement you tried to counter, do you really think those other countries mentioned have an EQUAL and widespread level of corruption and moral decadence as Nigeria?.. If so, how come they still prosper but we only retrogress? .. have you ever asked yourself that question?

Yes! corruption existing everywhere however, the Nigerian corruption dish is served with a very special spice called IMPUNITY which makes it irresistible and unstoppable.

IMPUNITY = "if I steal and I'm caught, I am 99% sure I will not still go to prison"

With impunity over the decades, our corruption has grown to unbelievable heights which dwarfs what is obtainable in those other countries mentioned... Now that is why they progress and we don't; our corruption is at a totally different level.. Nigerians really need to shelve the complacent argument of "corruption exists everywhere"

Lmao

You have no idea of what you are talking about.

Corruption is corruption and can never be eliminated from any government.

And for all your talk about impunity, was Silvio Berlusconi any less brazen in his criminal exploits than Obasanjo? Was General Franco less brazen than Abacha? Or how is corruption in Nigeria any less different to what obtains in Russia and China? Abi did we not just see former French president Sarkozy arrested on embezzlement charges like another former French president Jacques Chirac before him?

There is no area of the world that has a monopoly of corrupt and criminal minded individuals in government. They are geographically dispersed.

So I put it to you that corruption is not the cause of Nigeria's problems today. Corruption is merely a symptom of a deeper malaise in the Nigerian system.

You need to start asking yourself what that malaise is. cheesy
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by iamord(m): 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
MzMariah: More pictures
what!!! If u told me its an abandoned. Part of kirikiri prison I would have understood.. My goodness.. This is an isore.. What's. Stopping them from putting up low cost flats ??
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by iamord(m): 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
ballabriggs: Don't worry, President Jonadunce has fixed the Police college therefore the 'problem has been solved'.
hehehe..so. Make them come sleep for classroom shey
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
iamord: what!!! If u told me its an abandoned. Part of kirikiri prison I would have understood.. My goodness.. This is an isore.. What's. Stopping them from putting up low cost flats ??
I don't know o.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by iamord(m): 5:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
MzMariah: I don't know o.
when. U see this u know we r our own enemies
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by obailala(m): 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nihilist:

Lmao

You have no idea of what you are talking about.

Corruption is corruption and can never be eliminated from any government.

And for all your talk about impunity, was Silvio Berlusconi any less brazen in his criminal exploits than Obasanjo? Was General Franco less brazen than Abacha? Or how is corruption in Nigeria any less different to what obtains in Russia and China? Abi did we not just see former French president Sarkozy arrested on embezzlement charges like another former French president Jacques Chirac before him?

There is no area of the world that has a monopoly of corrupt and criminal minded individuals in government. They are geographically dispersed.

So I put it to you that corruption is not the cause of Nigeria's problems today. Corruption is merely a symptom of a deeper malaise in the Nigerian system.

You need to start asking yourself what that malaise is. cheesy
I have simply explained to you what the malaise is, IMPUNITY.

Corruption is a major problem in Nigeria, but impunity is the greatest problem which nourishes this corruption... Impunity is the ONLY reason why Nigeria is synonymous with corruption.

Berlusconi for instance was charged for tax evasion and sentenced to prison. In the next 100 years can you honestly say tax evasion can send even a local government chairman to prison in Nigeria?.. by all standards, that isn't even a crime in Nigeria because corruption has already been infused into our culture.

If IBB, Abacha's children, OBJ etc were charged to court and imprisoned for their blatant looting of our national wealth, do you honestly think corruption would be as wide spread as it is in Nigeria today?..

If only our leaders could have a single iota of fear as regards stealing public funds, don't you think the nation would be better?.. Impunity remains the biggest problem in Nigeria.

..and just before I go, Yes! the degree of corruption in Nigeria is thousands of miles ahead of what is obtainable in those developed countries you keep mentioning.. the reason is obvious from my explanations..

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Descartes: 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Fumes As PDP Demands Review Of Buhari Supreme Court Victory / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Boko Haram Latest Attack In Adamawa / Abike Dabiri, Ohaneze Ndigbo Condemn Attack On Sen. Ekweremadu In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.