Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,953 members, 7,909,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 08:32 AM

Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks (19327 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) / Infrastructural Tour By Federal Ministry Of Information(PIctures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by immortalvoices(m): 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
Definitive: The Nigerian problem is multi-faceted.

Yesterday, we were discussing about the poor airports and terminals when compared with other nations of the world.

The day before that, it was about insecurity.

Yet still, we are bogged by poor road network, inadequate or poorly funded healthcare facilities, education is an eyesore and all manners of social malady.

The sleaze and apparent danger in the Police Barracks is only an infinitesimal proportion of the rot in our system. We've got to address these matters in a honest and bold-faced fashion. It ain't about putting this on the FP or blaming the mods or pooh-poohing the government.

It is about what we say all the time - the Nigerian mentality. We, us, your Dad and mine - are the government. We aren't ruled by the military or some monarchy.

If we decide to annihilate the three evils bedevilling our country: Corruption, Ethnicity and its attendant Nepotism, then we'll begin taking the very first few steps to cleaning this augean stable in the mess currently known as Nigeria.

It took Hong Kong 10 years. Maylasia also turned around. I believe this is why many are advocating for the tall Katsina General to rule this country; but he wouldn't do it alone. Many believe that he is disciplined and forthright. Indeed, that's what Nigeria needs at the moment.

We must disavow this 'make I chop my own mentality.' We must ask to give the society, rather than take from it or amass some ill-gotten wealth.

The average American, British, Finnish or Norwegian government official thinks first about his country before he thinks about his personal gain. The system works in their climes. Corruption has grinded ours - yet we: U and me, are the ones who have oiled the wheels of this decay... It isn't time to point fingers, that's why I've not alienated myself - even though I've played no personal roles in government before now...

The way out of this is by changing our orientation about our country, voting sane men into power, questioning the authorities per unit time and remaining faithful, honest and forthright - even in our personal and daily activities.

The average white lie, the little cheating in 'business', the lassisitude we attach to our daily responsibilities - even outside of government - are all that has added up to stagnate out dear country. Money alone wouldn't do it, it is about revamping the mentality of every one of us.

I submit!

*crying*
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nihilist: 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
obailala:
I have simply explained to you what the malaise is, IMPUNITY.

Corruption is a major problem in Nigeria, but impunity is the greatest problem which nourishes this corruption... Impunity is the ONLY reason why Nigeria is synonymous with corruption.

Berlusconi for instance was charged for tax evasion and sentenced to prison. In the next 100 years can you honestly say tax evasion can send even a local government chairman to prison in Nigeria?.. by all standards, that isn't even a crime in Nigeria because corruption has already been infused into our culture.

If IBB, Abacha's children, OBJ etc were charged to court and imprisoned for their blatant looting of our national wealth, do you honestly think corruption would be as wide spread as it is in Nigeria today?..

If only our leaders could have a single iota of fear as regards stealing public funds, don't you think the nation would be better?.. Impunity remains the biggest problem in Nigeria.

..and just before I go, Yes! the degree of corruption in Nigeria is thousands of miles ahead of what is obtainable in those developed countries you keep mentioning.. the reason is obvious from my explanations..

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word 'Impunity'.

You do realise that in a lot of countries serving government officials are immune to criminal prosecution through out the duration of thier tenure?

Now the fact that Berlusconi for example, who has been charged with several criminal offences ranging from child sex abuse to collusion with the mafia to embezzlement and tax fraud, was finally sentenced to 1 year of community service is not the point here.

Berlusconi has always acted with impunity and for good reason. He has only been convicted once in 32 court cases. ONCE.

And even then he was given the choice of how he wanted to serve his own sentence, eventually opting for 4 hours of community service a day for a year.

How is that different to what obtains in Nigeria? The mere fact that prosecutors have so far tried to nail this guy 32 TIMES shows you that Berlusconi does what he wants with no concern for consequences

General Franco of Spain seized power via a very bloody coup and ruled Spain with an iron fist for almost 40 years.

Nicholas Sarkozy, France's immediate past president has recently been arrested for embezzlement and corruption. No surprise there as he had been legal counsel to Silvio Berlusconi for years

People like you are sadly daft enough to believe that the white man is a saint.

Corruption is EVERYWHERE and in EVERY GOVERNMENT, yet western governments seem to thrive IN SPITE of the embedded corrupt elements.

There must be another reason why Nigeria and by extension African Countries are so dysfunctional.

You don't need to think hard. The answer is right in front of you.

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by akigbemaru: 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
filthy barracks.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by davidif: 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
Chei!
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by goksongold(m): 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
This country is in a deep sh**t,
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by zicoraads: 6:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
Naaaaaaa...more like Patience Faka Jonathan grin grin
MzMariah: Wetin I do? I resemble GEJ? grin
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by remsonik(f): 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nigeria on the brink!!!
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by afrika(f): 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
the fish hey say spoils from the head. duties are assigned to people. who is the head of police? where is d money voted out for the upkeep and welfare? blacks like force. this us not Jonathan issue but the Police
IG is where? embarassedthe fish hey say spoils from the head. duties are assigned to people. who is the head of police? where is d money voted out for the upkeep and welfare? blacks like force. this us not Jonathan issue but the Police
IG is where?
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Jovie: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
and I want to join the army oo..... embarassed
Na wetin i go face?
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by obailala(m): 7:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nihilist:

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word 'Impunity'.

You do realise that in a lot of countries serving government officials are immune to criminal prosecution through out the duration of thier tenure?

Now the fact that Berlusconi for example, who has been charged with several criminal offences ranging from child sex abuse to collusion with the mafia to embezzlement and tax fraud, was finally sentenced to 1 year of community service is not the point here.

Berlusconi has always acted with impunity and for good reason. He has only been convicted once in 32 court cases. ONCE.

And even then he was given the choice of how he wanted to serve his own sentence, eventually opting for 4 hours of community service a day for a year.

How is that different to what obtains in Nigeria? The mere fact that prosecutors have so far tried to nail this guy 32 TIMES shows you that Berlusconi does what he wants with no concern for consequences

General Franco of Spain seized power via a very bloody coup and ruled Spain with an iron fist for almost 40 years.

Nicholas Sarkozy, France's immediate past president has recently been arrested for embezzlement and corruption. No surprise there as he had been legal counsel to Silvio Berlusconi for years

People like you are sadly daft enough to believe that the white man is a saint.

Corruption is EVERYWHERE and in EVERY GOVERNMENT, yet western governments seem to thrive IN SPITE of the embedded corrupt elements.

There must be another reason why Nigeria and by extension African Countries are so dysfunctional.

You don't need to think hard. The answer is right in front of you.

Read through my posts, I never asserted that the white man is a saint so please no need for insults..

From your arguments so far, you have been trying to convince me that the degree of corruption and also the widespread nature of corruption obtainable in every facet of life in Nigeria is EQUALLY obtainable in countries like France, Italy, Spain, UK, US etc... I am afraid I do not agree with you at all. In fact, I find that to be a very laughable conclusion on your part and I would need an entire lifetime of convincing and brainwashing to even consider your argument. I also do not wish to continue with this discussion.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by 1mobile: 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
ALL DIS PIX NA POLICE BARRACKS OOO.DITRY AS DERE BLACK UNIFORM.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nihilist: 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
obailala:
Read through my posts, I never asserted that the white man is a saint so please no need for insults..

From your arguments so far, you have been trying to convince me that the degree of corruption and also the widespread nature of corruption in every facet of life in Nigeria is EQUALLY obtainable in countries like France, Italy, Spain, UK, US etc... I am afraid I do not agree with you at all. In fact, I find that to be a very laughable conclusion on your part and I would need an entire lifetime of convincing and brainwashing to even consider your argument. I also do not wish to continue with this discussion.

You continue to make bullshit assertions with no facts to back them up.

I have asked you serially how different Berlusconi's case is different from the Nigerian brand of justice, but you are unable to respond.

I also asked you how General Franco's despotic military rule is that much different to military rule in Nigeria, with no sensible response from yourself either.

You can continue to wallow in the idiotic ideas that westerners are intrinsically less corrupt than Nigerians, but I will continue to call out idiocy when I see it.

Told.

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by piagetskinner(m): 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
Really in a deplorable state...cannot really blame them for collecting bribes. when there is ZeRO motivation
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
If it is police barrack 'oooo', then they some how deserve it (GOD forgive me). Common armed robber, they cannot catch 'abi I lie??'. How bold are they?? Only to be harrasing ladies, and phone thieves ''abi I lie??' 'No be for these cases their mouth dey sharp pass??' 'Abegii!!' They deserve even poultry 'sef' for houses 'abi wetin una think??' Only the few good ones should be given good houses! Mtcheeew! Soldiers should be treated well in this country because they are the ones that even cover the unclothedness of police. They deserve good houses honestly!!!. Come rain, come shine, they are working
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by rexzqcom(m): 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
This is really sad. Host of colonies of bacteria, viruses, and other dangerous diseases must be festering inside and outside those buildings.
The sewage drainage, gaulle, and water source are not worthy for animal nor human.The children living there will perpetually be
ill from one disease to the other. Their immunities will be taxed to limits. The structures are disasters waiting to happen.
Where are these barracks located?
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
rexzqcom: This is really sad. Host of colonies of bacteria, viruses, and other dangerous diseases must be festering inside and outside those buildings.
The sewage drainage, gaulle, and water source are not worthy for animal nor human.The children living there will perpetually be
ill from one disease to the other. Their immunities will be taxed to limits. The structures are disasters waiting to happen.
Where are these barracks located?
Ikeja, Lagos state.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Buddhar(m): 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
The Bell of SALVATION is still Ringing, Hearken to the VOICE of REDEMPTION, Confess your SINS and accept JESUS as your LORD & SAVIOR before the END comes. Pls do not Harden your Heart after which cometh DESTRUCTION. Hell is Real,
Gud morning.
For further explaination call, 07039388167. Pls re-broadcast.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by aweza: 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
Soldier go soldier come barracks remain.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by oderemo(m): 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
Buddhar: The Bell of SALVATION is still Ringing, Hearken to the VOICE of REDEMPTION, Confess your SINS and accept JESUS as your LORD & SAVIOR before the END comes. Pls do not Harden your Heart after which cometh DESTRUCTION. Hell is Real,
Gud morning.
For further explaination call, 07039388167. Pls re-broadcast.
What is correlation BTW this and topic?
Religion opium of my ppl.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nihilist:

Lmao

You have no idea of what you are talking about.

Corruption is corruption and can never be eliminated from any government.

And for all your talk about impunity, was Silvio Berlusconi any less brazen in his criminal exploits than Obasanjo? Was General Franco less brazen than Abacha? Or how is corruption in Nigeria any less different to what obtains in Russia and China? Abi did we not just see former French president Sarkozy arrested on embezzlement charges like another former French president Jacques Chirac before him?

There is no area of the world that has a monopoly of corrupt and criminal minded individuals in government. They are geographically dispersed.

So I put it to you that corruption is not the cause of Nigeria's problems today. Corruption is merely a symptom of a deeper malaise in the Nigerian system.

You need to start asking yourself what that malaise is. cheesy

With all due respect, i think you should shut it before you start sounding like a complete ret*ard....right now you can still redeem yourself because your argument is void of logic and utterly dim-witted!!!!!
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by VolvoS60(m): 2:37am On Jul 30, 2014
As I have said so many times on these boards:

We are not ready.

When we are ready, we know what to do.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by davidif: 2:49am On Jul 30, 2014
obailala:
From your arguments so far, you have been trying to convince me that the degree of corruption and also the widespread nature of corruption obtainable in every facet of life in Nigeria is EQUALLY obtainable in countries like France, Italy, Spain, UK, US etc... I am afraid I do not agree with you at all. In fact, I find that to be a very laughable conclusion on your part and I would need an entire lifetime of convincing and brainwashing to even consider your argument. I also do not wish to continue with this discussion.

Abi o. I am too stunned and tired to even reply to some of the comments that I read on nairaland. It is so annoying to read half truths or jumbled up facts from the pseudo intellectuals of nairaland. You don't even want to respond at times, because you might have to write an epistle just to correct there erroneous comments: valuable time that one doesn't have. So you just simply ignore them jare.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nihilist: 6:26am On Jul 30, 2014
engineerd:

With all due respect, i think you should shut it before you start sounding like a complete ret*ard....right now you can still redeem yourself because your argument is void of logic and utterly dim-witted!!!!!

You need more than your single digit IQ to grasp the premise of my submission, so it's not surprising that you could not post even a single counter argument. cheesy

Your attempt to post articulately even sounds forced...you are already a well known unintelligent hobgoblin around these parts. I don't know who you're trying to impress with all those names you called out up there, when we all know they appear on your birth certificate.

Enginedead go and sleep. This is not your level.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by sunntrost(m): 7:24am On Jul 30, 2014
You will be judged according to what you think, say and do. Stop wishing your fellow humans bad. You are even worst than them, so please check yourself before you judge others.

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by ikwubaba: 11:04am On Jul 30, 2014
Nihilist:

You need more than your single digit IQ to grasp the premise of my submission, so it's not surprising that you could not post even a single counter argument. cheesy

Your attempt to post articulately even sounds forced...you are already a well known unintelligent hobgoblin around these parts. I don't know who you're trying to impress with all those names you called out up there, when we all know they appear on your birth certificate.

Enginedead go and sleep. This is not your level.

I find it distasteful that you just insult people at will. maybe because they cannot reach you abi? Most of the the other guys have resisted the temptation to equally insult you. Why not make your argument without being saucy. In any case, if the corruption are of the same level everywhere, how come they are making progress. You do yourself an assessment of what goes on the few exception countries you kept repeating and what obtains here in Nigeria. You are pretending you do not know that with the impunity with which our own corruption is ganished with, ours becomes wholesale, running down all stratas to the very last man. Hence, nothing gets achieved at any level.

but if you think it is not corruption, please tell us what?
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by tbara(m): 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
firstly i like ur patriotism, but u only showed us one building from different perspectives. you also failed to establish what barracks it is, you should do a better job next time by showing us other structures. i have lived in the barracks before and somany nairalanders will testify that most barracks are not as bad as your are using this single structure to imply. though there is need for improvement, but my guy, your post is extremely myopic and filled with sentiments rather than facts. is that even a barracks?
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
tbara: firstly i like ur patriotism, but u only showed us one building from different perspectives. you also failed to establish what barracks it is, you should do a better job next time by showing us other structures. i have lived in the barracks before and somany nairalanders will testify that most barracks are not as bad as your are using this single structure to imply. though there is need for improvement, but my guy, your post is extremely myopic and filled with sentiments rather than facts. is that even a barracks?
Firstly I'm not a guy. secondly the barrack is as bad as it looks, I was not told, I saw it myself. thirdly, I opened this thread because of the falling block I saw and that's the picture I posted. if you feel its not a barrack then no shakes. I mentioned the name of the said barrack in my post, maybe you should read it well.

Enjoy the rest of your day tbara.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by jaybee(f): 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
MzMariah: Firstly I'm not a guy. secondly the barrack is as bad as it looks, I was not told, I saw it myself. thirdly, I opened this thread because of the falling block I saw and that's the picture I posted. if you feel its not a barrack then no shakes. I mentioned the name of the said barrack in my post, maybe you should read of well.

Enjoy the rest of your day tbara.

Normally they don't read. they post a reaction to their warped imagination. almost ALL the police barracks i have visited in Lagos are in the order of the posted pictures and worse. I even stayed in some. in my judgement only an infinitessimally few blocks within the dilapidated barracks are any better. Indeed the occupants (police men and officers) just have no options but they are not happy, one bit.

Again, let those that think the pictures on this thread are one-sided post the good buildings here to balace or even debunk this.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by bIoodykiller: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
ballabriggs: Don't worry, President Jonadunce has fixed the Police college therefore the 'problem has been solved'.

may your father die there

bastard mugu
vulture
may wolf blaster your head there
dieeeee

otu nne i
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Ela59: 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
[quote author=ikwubaba]

I find it distasteful that you just insult people at will. maybe because they cannot reach you abi? Most of the the other guys have resisted the temptation to equally insult you. Why not make your argument without being saucy. In any case, if the corruption are of the same level everywhere, how come they are making progress. You do yourself an assessment of what goes on the few exception countries you kept repeating and what obtains here in Nigeria. You are pretending you do not know that with the impunity with which our own corruption is ganished with, ours becomes wholesale, running down all stratas to the very last man. Hence, nothing gets achieved at any level.

but if you think it is not corruption, please tell us whqu CONCUR. They are clouded with any fact that doesn't dicky with their reasons.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
jaybee:

Normally they don't read. they post a reaction to their warped imagination. almost ALL the police barracks i have visited in Lagos are in the order of the posted pictures and worse. I even stayed in some. in my judgement only an infinitessimally few blocks within the dilapidated barracks are any better. Indeed the occupants (police men and officers) just have no options but they are not happy, one bit.

Again, let those that think the pictures on this thread are one-sided post the good buildings here to balace or even debunk this.
I can beat my chest to say there is no good block standing in that barrack. I went visiting when I met people packing, I was so touched and I decided to open this thread. I stayed for some days before I left, I went round the whole barrack, the roads gan no be here. what about Pedro barrack that a block also fell last month? abeg make we no reason am. embarassed
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Ela59: 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
tbara: firstly i like ur patriotism, but u only showed us one building from different perspectives. you also failed to establish what barracks it is, you should do a better job next time by showing us other structures. i have lived in the barracks before and somany nairalanders will testify that most barracks are not as bad as your are using this single structure to imply. though there is need for improvement, but my guy, your post is extremely myopic and filled with sentiments rather than facts. is that even a barracks?
Nigeria Army and Police barracks are bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tax Super Rich To Save The Poor — Atiku Tells President Buhari / APC Fumes As PDP Demands Review Of Buhari Supreme Court Victory / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Boko Haram Latest Attack In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.