Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,731 members, 7,935,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 11:17 PM

Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! (39962 Views)

Buhari PR Article On Financial Times Paid For By Delta And Cross River State Gov / Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga / Buhari Arrives London On Charm Offensive - Newsweek London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:09am On Nov 16, 2013
tpia@:
yes, probably her point was they're aware of the university campuses being used for scamming.

The funny part is that, there are lots of scammers in American schools. I wonder why we are hated so much. No one should say crime because Americans have more criminals running into tens of millions and no one complains.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by tpia5: 3:14am On Nov 16, 2013
the american environment might be more difficult for scammers to operate in, compared to nigeria, dunno.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by sammy102(m): 4:30am On Nov 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by sarutobie(m): 8:19am On Nov 16, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:

wheew! stop tryin to play smart, its not ur thing.
You just got owned by a deluded white and you are cryin river.
Anybody with a double-digit IQ woulda noticed that d part abt gettin a degree from unilag for credit card fraud was simply nothin buh a punchline to drive her points home and every other things were spot on.
As a matter of fact, aint our universities fond of givin out dubious honorary degree to undeservin members of the country! Dirty politicians, corrupt public officers etcetera etcetera.
So i guess they are not really lies per se. So deal with i .
"Got owned by a deluded white" the fact that you agree she is deluded invalidates anything you have been spewing but I guess you are not smart enough to notice that

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 16, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Nigeria is the bane of US existence?!!

All I would like to know is the Telephone number & address of your weed seller..

Not "the bane", "a bane". Check the post you quoted again. I guess that weed is already making its rounds.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by rexzqcom(m): 10:12am On Nov 16, 2013
Bome01: this doesn't hurt! Unilag doesn't run a major in credit card scam! Lies!
while there is no major in credit card scams in Unilag. I won't be surprise there could be both formal and informal seminars conducted by unscrupulous shylocks in those campuses on vises of that nature for fees.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by logica(m): 10:31am On Nov 16, 2013
rexzqcom: while there is no major in credit card scam in Unilag. I won't be surprise there could be both former and informer seminars conducted by unscrupulous shylocks in those campuses on vises of that nature for fees.
You mean "formal" and "informal". Well, yeah they hold formal and informal classes on computer hacking even in schools in the US. Even if the classes are meant to only enlighten, they do end up giving ideas to plenty of guys with malicious intentions.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by ministergh: 10:46am On Nov 16, 2013
As for me I think this article is just a prefect description of our country. if you disagree go and hug a transformer.
"
Nigeria, for example, leads the world in criminal
enterprises. Every level of Nigerian society is
criminal, with the smart ones running Internet
scams, the mid-range ones running car theft
rings, and the silly ones engaging in piracy and
kidnapping. At the University of Lagos, you can
major in credit card fraud."

JUST THE PERFECT DESCRIPTION.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by ministergh: 10:48am On Nov 16, 2013
Even uniport run an MA is credit card scam. am not surprised!!!
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by ministergh: 10:55am On Nov 16, 2013
If they call your father Chief in this Nigeria then it means he is either a killer, ritualist, corrupt, or support dome kind of criminal oil deal or even support Boko Haram. The doc,prof,hon etc are the only good ones. even some governors run fraud departments in their homes.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Leventis(m): 11:17am On Nov 16, 2013
I 've read this highly offensive article repeatedly. And one thing that I was able to deduce from it, is that the writer is high on drugs. If this deluded American want to seek attention she should probably go to South Waziristan, Iran or North Korea. About the said internet scammers been Nigerians. Now you tell me, "was the Trojan virus which was used to defraud many Westerners developed by Nigerians. And is it Nigerians that drained the US economy? It's a fact, that despite all the security measures been put in place the US still rank number in crime................. Get that into your head you SCALE-EWU

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Litmus: 2:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
Western Media has become so powerful it can now like god create the world's reality. Truth was never useful to white people when lies would do. They conquered our forefathers by telling lies and today they still dominate the world by telling lies. The white man speaks with forked tongue, we're led to believe, American Indians stated nearly 700 years ago (this too could be a a sort of indulgent lie but it is adequate for our purpose).

At least in the past whites made the effort to tell imaginative lies, now they don't even bother. The fact that the worth of some Nations like India and some Nations in Africa is tied up with White lies makes it easier for them to peddle more lies without care for how ridiculous these lies are. Thus the refrain that Nigeria literally has universities dedicated to turning out fraudsters is believed instead of laughed out of hand. Indeed the mediocre Nations need to believe these sort of things of others since their sense of worth is bound up in it.

As an aside, it baffles me that few people draw parallels with attitudes to Nigeria, home to the largest collection of black men, with attitudes to almost every black threat perceived by whites. From the slave plantation revolts, to Haiti to civil rights in America to the ANC the language used to sow fear and undermine are same used against Nigeria and Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by MrAboki: 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

Not "the bane", "a bane". Check the post you quoted again. I guess that weed is already making its rounds.

undecided
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Litmus: 3:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
Innocently, someone earlier on posted statistics that showed that on average Nigerians were the most educated ethnic group by ratio in America. What this person did not realize is that Nigerians are hated far more for statics like that than they are for crime statistics.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Dibiachukwu: 11:58pm On Nov 16, 2013
Litmus: Western Media has become so powerful it can now like god create the world's reality. Truth was never useful to white people when lies would do. They conquered our forefathers by telling lies and today they still dominate the world by telling lies. The white man speaks with forked tongue, we're led to believe, American Indians stated nearly 700 years ago (this too could be a a sort of indulgent lie but it is adequate for our purpose).

At least in the past whites made the effort to tell imaginative lies, now they don't even bother. The fact that the worth of some Nations like India and some Nations in Africa is tied up with White lies makes it easier for them to peddle more lies without care for how ridiculous these lies are. Thus the refrain that Nigeria literally has universities dedicated to turning out fraudsters is believed instead of laughed out of hand. Indeed the mediocre Nations need to believe these sort of things of others since their sense of worth is bound up in it.

As an aside, it baffles me that few people draw parallels with attitudes to Nigeria, home to the largest collection of black men, with attitudes to almost every black threat perceived by whites. From the slave plantation revolts, to Haiti to civil rights in America to the ANC the language used to sow fear and undermine are same used against Nigeria and Nigerians.

Nigeria and Africa is a bigger lie with the connivance of Africans themselves. So the whole world is telling lies. So what is the big deal?
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by rexzqcom(m): 7:06am On Nov 17, 2013
logica: You mean "formal" and "informal". Well, yeah they hold formal and informal classes on computer hacking even in schools in the US. Even if the classes are meant to only enlighten, they do end up giving ideas to plenty of guys with malicious intentions.
Thanks for that correction, that is what i mean.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Venchy: 1:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
Cleanman:
Be like say water plenty 4 ya eye.....from my deduction,the b!atch is indirectly picking on obama.If you've been following international journals recently,inside US and all you would have noticed a trend of "bring-obama-administration-down" propaganda going on...

Well propaganda or not let's admit that we have a serious problem and stop living in DENIAL.

SOME Nigerians are not flying a good flag at all but tarnishing the good one's image.

Always desperate for money, our politicians are insane because their inability to run things properly is affecting people's way of life which creates poverty that leads to crime in all forms.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by adekolapo82: 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Bax: 12:18am On Nov 20, 2013
My Hello to all good Nigerian citizens.

I am American. Am NOT with you now to make confusion. I care to share both sides of this world.
Yes USA also has crime to fight. Many more people and much more land area.
Good that we have a stable community and fair justice system which we do trust.

All peoples know inside the heart, a human feeling of fear, that which brings crime.
The human goodness and forthrightness are also known by all worldwide.
I strive to deliver the message of Goodness, which also resides in Nigeria.

Be it far from me, to quiet the kind word of understanding. Nor shall I offend those in pain, in their homes.
Please, you must tell me... what is this?
http://freeuganda./2012/11/10/paul-kagame-is-the-new-patron-of-nigerian-mafia/
-pleased to discuss more-
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by tpia5: 12:33am On Nov 20, 2013
Litmus: Innocently, someone earlier on posted statistics that showed that on average Nigerians were the most educated ethnic group by ratio in America. What this person did not realize is that Nigerians are hated far more for statics like that than they are for crime statistics.

you're probably right.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Bax: 1:17am On Nov 21, 2013
On the following day, Bax awaits replies. (I refuse to believe that the past is so easily dismissed or forgotten!)
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Bax!:
On the following day, Bax awaits replies. (I refuse to believe that the past is so easily dismissed or forgotten!)

Relax bax, am going thru the link. You sound more like some one from east africa though

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Bax: 3:40am On Nov 22, 2013
(smiles, relaxes) Thank you Sir.

Very observant eye you have. My time spent in Africa was short and I was a child.
Haile Selassie was king and I even saw him once. We were in Asmara, Ethiopia.
I don't know if this sparks current regional prejudice but it's unrelated.

It seems we are wise to deal directly with the here and now, as the doors open to us.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by tck2000(m): 11:25am On Jul 20, 2019
Ew

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

33 States Can’t Pay Salaries – BudgIT / Properties Recovered So Far From Abdullahi Dikko, Ex-Custom Boss (Photos) / Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.