Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,731 members, 7,935,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 11:17 PM

Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! (39962 Views)

Buhari PR Article On Financial Times Paid For By Delta And Cross River State Gov / Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga / Buhari Arrives London On Charm Offensive - Newsweek London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Elisean(m): 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
its official, I am removing myself from yahoo....... This is bladdy crazy , went far in mentioning Lagos university,so many writers in our todayy world without what we call brain, writing without observing decorum,........i am sticking with gmail, no more yahoo or anything yah....
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
This was actually made public? Like seriously. What a huge insult. I know some may say we asked for it but majority of Nigerians abroad and home are NOT Con artists. This writeup if true, is not in any way acceptable and Nigerian should demand an apology from whichever diplomatic envoy immediately. angry
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
bjims: I am presently studying at Cranfield University....You would be amazed at the level of Ignorance some "oyinbos" display as regards information relating other ethnicity. Classes has become more of me lecturing them about the true situation on the African continent including Nigeria. They always make their judgement often based on information from their press. we need a media in the like of Aljazeera to truly project the image of Nigeria.If I told you some of the stuffs my lecturers say about Nigerians you would wonder who is truly knowledgeable on world affairs
What do your lecturers say about Nigerians on the highlighted statement? I would like to know about them.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Izadibabe: 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
For those of you that are fired up and want to see a change in Nigeria you can start from here to contribute;

http://ends.ng

Also try to attend rallies and protests on ground. Remember all power belongs to the people there are over 150 million of us against 10000 known criminals and cabals in Abuja running our country into the ground. If we all come out en masse, how many of us will they be able to shoot? we must all try to work in one accord with a single purpose to reclaim our country.

Meanwhile you can do your own:

- stop tribalism, see every Nigerian as your brother no matter their tribe, religion or sexual orientation
- stop bribery, don't give and don't collect bribe
- stop nepotism, don't only give jobs or contracts to people you know, give them to the most qualified and capable applicants
- stop the violence, learn to communicate clearly and effectively not with verbal or physical abuse ( I see a lot of you on this nairaland displaying the verbal abuse behaviour and it's shocking!)
- last of all, be an advocate for change and the peace you want to see, check your self and your behaviours then adjust to see if you can promote peace, discipline, integrity and honesty all the time.

Nigeria go survive, my country go survive, Nigeria go better!

5 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by vislabraye(m): 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2013
Djtm:
are for the purpose of scamming? I guess you don't know what scamming means! Ok, I hack into a database, steal some creadit card info. So you mean I stole the credit card info to scam? I stole the gd info so I could spend the money!!! Stop confusing your self. Well since I'm the silly one I'll stop here and leave you with your hacking = scamming notion. Good night.

I came to this thread late:
So there's a difference between stealing money and scamming ??
So U can defend theft using credit card, but when it comes to scamming, its disgraceful. Are they not still under internet fraud ?
It seems we are more interested in winning argument here.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mr Aboki:

This is a Picture of the Author of that article..

I have read through her profile and realized that she in no different from Sarah Palin and the fucktards on Fox News..

This is a reason why Arab Islamist fanatics, although foolish, are sometimes aggressive in nature. When you need Boko Haram boys to make this woman apologizes to Nigerians you won't find them than bombing innocent people.

However, she looks like somebody suffering from Leukemia in that image! cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by ooshinibos: 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
she has been marinated and grilled in racism , arrest her FBI
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by vislabraye(m): 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
No right thinking Nigerian shud accept bigotry. This is simply prejudice, and the West are fond of this. She even sed that fraud is taught in the "University of Lagos".
Mind you, there are lot more honest and hardworking Nigerian professionals in America.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
icebeatz:

Nigeria, for example, leads the world in criminal enterprises. Every level of Nigerian society is criminal, with the smart ones running Internet scams, the mid-range ones running car theft rings, and the stupid ones engaging in piracy and kidnapping. At the University of Lagos, you can major in credit card fraud.

The downside is that the country is now chock-full of people who come from cultures where criminality and government corruption is a way of life

Gosh, I sure hope our new Somali and Nigerian immigrants have German-style rectitude and are very honest about reporting all their income to the government.

There is no lies in the statement above.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by benbazus: 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
OYINBOGOJU:

There is no lies in the statement above.

If what she wrote is true and if you a Nigerian then that means you are either a kidnapper or a pirate or a scammer or car jacker. Pick your choose!.

OYINBOGOJU you think like them (the oyibos you think you are). You are suffering from complex.

No matter how bad things may be in Nigeria, no outsider has the right to criticize us. With respect to criminally, Americans are number one.

OYINBOGOJU, can you tell us which department in unilag run credit card fraud as a major?

I will like use this medium to call on unilag alumnus and the community to rise up to the challenge and sue this lady for all her worth.
If we continue to keep quite, this rubbish will persist as such we must speak up and take action.

Am based outside Nigeria. Every time I go to work, on the streets, at terminals, I suffer prejudice for been a Nigerian. Guess what AM VERY VERY VERY PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN.

OYINBOGOJU if you do not know the import of what she wrote, then I guess I have to educate you. She meant ALL NIGERIANS ARE CRIMINAL. and by extension you are a criminal.

Between, somebody made reference to this link http://www.enigmasoftware.com/top-20-countries-the-most-cybercrime/
Is Nigerian in top 20?

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by lawbabs: 1:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
What is offensive about it? It hurts us when other people tell us the truth. Why didnt they talk about Ghana like that. Can we deny any of the statements apart from the UNILAG tingy. U may say this is not a third world. But the features of a third world are present in this country. This morning, it was announced that 25 people were killed in fresh Boko Haram attack in Borno. Nobody said anything. It has become a norm. Abnormality thrives in this country. So what are we talking about.

If we cannot tell ourselves the truth, let someone else tell us the simple but bitter truth. Unfortunately, I reckon that no amount of insult and truth from abroad will change anything because we are used to abnormality.

The solution of Nigeria lies with YOU and ME. First decide to change yourself and vehemently reject the rubbish that our clueless leaders throw into our face. We must demand accountability and social justice. We must protest the lack of prosecution of corrupt officials. We must fight impunity. As long as we only complain about it and sit down and watch them do it, nothing will happen.

God help us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Philipsdael(m): 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
icebeatz: I read this article and every single comment.
It was disgraceful and appalling.
United states is falling down the xenophobic part.

http://news.yahoo.com/speak-nigerian-prince-health-care-press-1-now-000008077.html

In a weird confluence of the nation's two most pressing issues -- Obamacare and our insane immigration laws -- this week we found out that the tens of thousands of "navigators" hired by the government to enroll people in Obamacare will include convicted felons.

Despite some "navigators" having already been exposed as having arrest warrants against them, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has no plans to screen out the criminals. (But rest assured: If your identity is stolen as a result of trying to sign up for Obamacare, no one will be more upset about it than President Obama.)

Maybe it's a blessing that the Obamacare website has crashed more often than the Soviet Union's commercial air fleet did.

In addition to convicted felons, navigators are drawn from labor unions, community organizers, former ACORN staffers and front-groups for the Democratic National Committee.

Call right up and give all your private financial and medical information to those guys! What could go wrong? (Before Obamacare was even online, Minnesota's health exchange emailed the Social Security numbers and other identifying information for about 2,400 Americans to a man applying to be a "navigator."wink

If you call today, you can sign up for Obamacare plus learn about a Nigerian prince in exile who's willing to share his vast inheritance with you in exchange for your bank account numbers.

Which reminds me, federal health insurance programs have long been a prime target for scammers and con artists.

To much fanfare, in 2006 Medicare announced that only 7 percent of its payments were a result of fraud. Two years later, The New York Times reported that it was actually 31.5 percent -- and that Medicare had aggressively hidden the fraud from outside auditors.

Do you think a privately run insurance company would take three years to notice that one-third of its payouts had been obtained by fraud? But with federal programs, there's a powerful incentive not to look for fraud. That would merely vindicate critics of big government!

In 2012, Medicare's crack investigators noticed that more than a billion dollars in home health care payments for 2008 had gone to one single county in Florida -- more than all such payments made to the rest of the entire country.

Do you think it would take five years for a private insurer to figure out it had been scammed out of $1 billion by a few health care professionals in one county? Anyone else would notice being stolen from, but not the government. It's not their money.

Wherever there's a government program, there's a gigantic opportunity for criminals. A staggering percentage of the health care workers scamming Medicare and Medicaid are foreign-born -- much higher than their numbers in the medical profession generally.

Thus, in the Department of Justice's most recent press releases about criminal convictions for Medicare and Medicaid fraud against the taxpayer -- solely for the four-day period ending Nov. 7 -- we have:

-- Nov. 7, 2013

Mehran Javidan, owner of Acure, a home health care company in Oak Park, Mich., was paid more than $2.2 million from Medicare based on fraudulent physical therapy files he submitted between December 2008 and November 2010.

-- Nov. 7, 2013

Javed Rehman, Tausif Rahman and Muhammad Ahmad -- no relation to the Tsarneav brothers -- fraudulently obtained Medicare beneficiary information to bill Medicare for home health services, swindling approximately $13.8 million from Medicare.

-- Nov. 7, 2013

Eliza Lozano Lumbreras, San Juanita Gallegos Lozano, Manuel Anthony Puig and Romelia Puig used their operation of the Mission Clinic and La Hacienda Family Clinic to submit false claims to Medicare and Medicaid, stealing approximately half a million dollars from the taxpayers between 2001 and 2006.

-- Nov. 6, 2013:

Karen Kallen-Zury, Daisy Miller and Christian Coloma were convicted for receiving approximately $40 million from Medicare for patients not eligible for psychiatric treatment because they were not severely mentally ill.

-- Nov. 6, 2013:

Jose Rojo, Antonio Macli, Jorge Macli and Sandra Huarte in Miami paid patient recruiters to refer ineligible Medicare beneficiaries to their clinic for services that were never provided. They were paid more than $11 million in fraudulent claims to Medicare.

-- Nov. 4, 2013:

Godwin Umotong, Leslie Omagbemi, Munda Massaquoi, Comfort Gates, Ovsanna Agopian and Boghos Babadjanian were convicted of fraudulently billing Medicare of millions of dollars for office visits and diagnostic tests that were never performed, more than $1.3 million of which Medicare paid.

-- Nov. 4, 2013:

William Dale Sidener was convicted of submitting fraudulent bills to Medicare and receiving $4,677.00 in payments for services not performed.

These are Eric Holder's press releases, not mine.

Do you notice anything that stands out about the list of convicts? Would any of their names have sounded strange to Ben Franklin? Of 22 people convicted of defrauding American taxpayers by fraudulently billing Medicare or Medicaid, at least 17 have almost comically foreign names.

None of the scammers should be foreigners! We can't do anything about our native-born crooks, but why are we importing them?

Enormous, unwieldy corrupt government programs run by arrogant bureaucrats would be bad enough in 1950. But after decades of our Third World-only immigration policies, one can't help noticing that Medicare and Medicaid are beckoning Disneylands for foreign-born thieves.

The problem isn't their complexion, it's their culture. In America, we think only dumb people become criminals. That's not true in the Third World!

Nigeria, for example, leads the world in criminal enterprises. Every level of Nigerian society is criminal, with the smart ones running Internet scams, the mid-range ones running car theft rings, and the stupid ones engaging in piracy and kidnapping. At the University of Lagos, you can major in credit card fraud.

There were almost no Nigerians in the United States until the 1970s. Today, there are nearly 250,000 Nigerians in the U.S. (committing the cyber-crime Americans just won't do!). In 2011, we took in more immigrants from Nigeria than from the United Kingdom (9,246 from the U.K. and 9,344 from Nigeria).

Of course, Obamacare never would have passed without decades of massive immigration from the Third World. Liberals didn't change any minds -- they changed the voters. In order to pass Obamacare, Democrats had to bring in the Third World to vote Democratic.

The downside is that the country is now chock-full of people who come from cultures where criminality and government corruption is a way of life -- at the very moment that the country is expanding a government-run health insurance program already shot through with fraud and abuse.

Only confiscatory tax rates can support such a system.

Gosh, I sure hope our new Somali and Nigerian immigrants have German-style rectitude and are very honest about reporting all their income to the government.

http://news.yahoo.com/speak-nigerian-prince-health-care-press-1-now-000008077.html

Follow me on nairaland and I will sure follow back

oOOh... This Nitwit don finish my fatherland.
Please, please, where is Hon. Patrick Obahiagon
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by obailala(m): 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
lawbabs: What is offensive about it? It hurts us when other people tell us the truth. Why didnt they talk about Ghana like that. Can we deny any of the statements apart from the UNILAG tingy. U may say this is not a third world. But the features of a third world are present in this country. This morning, it was announced that 25 people were killed in fresh Boko Haram attack in Borno. Nobody said anything. It has become a norm. Abnormality thrives in this country. So what are we talking about.

If we cannot tell ourselves the truth, let someone else tell us the simple but bitter truth. Unfortunately, I reckon that no amount of insult and truth from abroad will change anything because we are used to abnormality.

The solution of Nigeria lies with YOU and ME. First decide to change yourself and vehemently reject the rubbish that our clueless leaders throw into our face. We must demand accountability and social justice. We must protest the lack of prosecution of corrupt officials. We must fight impunity. As long as we only complain about it and sit down and watch them do it, nothing will happen.

God help us.

Nigerians are used to abnormality; we may claim we want change but that's a huge lie... truth is that we are happy with the abnormalities; we breathe abnormality, we eat abnormality, we drink abnormality, we sleep abnormality, infact we are too scared to loose our abnormality...hoping that one day the status-quo will favour us or our family members...

Nigerians are more comfortable with insulting foreign messengers who are marveled and remind of our abnormalities.. Nigerians will also not fail to attack any Nigerian who also shouts out about our abnormalities (they accuse the person of also being a part of the rot and hence should shut up)..

What Nigerians don't know is that no matter how hard we try to attack those who remind us of our woes, it doesnt change the fact that these issues exist...

Every thing written in that article is a FACT... some dumbos will dwell on the UNILAG bit because their abnormality has temporarily switched off their ability to comprehend the use of hyperboles in emphasizing issues..

6 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by obailala(m): 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2013
benbazus: [color=#006600][/color]

If what she wrote is true and if you a Nigerian then that means you are either a kidnapper or a pirate or a scammer or car jacker. Pick your choose!.

OYINBOGOJU you think like them (the oyibos you think you are). You are suffering from complex.

No matter how bad things may be in Nigeria, [size=14pt]no outsider has the right to criticize us[/size]. With respect to criminally, Americans are number one.

OYINBOGOJU, can you tell us which department in unilag run credit card fraud as a major?

I will like use this medium to call on unilag alumnus and the community to rise up to the challenge and sue this lady for all her worth.
If we continue to keep quite, this rubbish will persist as such we must speak up and take action.

Am based outside Nigeria. Every time I go to work, on the streets, at terminals, I suffer prejudice for been a Nigerian. Guess what AM VERY VERY VERY PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN.

OYINBOGOJU if you do not know the import of what she wrote, then I guess I have to educate you. She meant ALL NIGERIANS ARE CRIMINAL. and by extension you are a criminal.

Between, somebody made reference to this link http://www.enigmasoftware.com/top-20-countries-the-most-cybercrime/
Is Nigerian in top 20?

The first step towards solving a problem is accepting there is a problem.. the bolded statement above is part of the genesis of most of our problems...

#my neighbor has no right to scold my kids
#my brother/sister has no right to scold talk less of spanking my kids
#school teachers have no right to punish my kids

Fast-forward a couple of years and the kids turn into monsters.

If Nigerians must live in the US or anywhere else, then the citizens of that country reserve the rights to criticize us especially when we misbehave. 70% of mail scams in the world today originate from Nigeria or Nigerians... Coming up with the argument that scammers also exist in other parts of the world is absolute rubbish.. we are talking of statistics here... when a single country makes up a huge percentage of scammers worldwide, we have no choice but to accept it when they label us scammers... we ought to be ashamed of ourselves and look inwards to solve our problems or redeem whatever image we still have instead of picking on those outsiders who are bold enough to criticize us..

...and to address ur claim that Nigeria isn't in the top 20 in cybercrime, I suggest u do a little research and educate urself on the categories of cybercrime that report talks about

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Licensed2Kill(m): 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mr Aboki:

[b]Na wah o!!

So what point are you driving home?!

Shes talking about American Healthcare and brought Nigerians into it to make a point?! Why didnt she pick Enron as an example?! Was it Nigerians that ran down Enron?! Or even use the Medical Insurance frauds being perpetuated by Amricans on Americans.

I am all for being on the opposite side of popular opinion, but you are not making any sense here..

Whats the correlation between Nigerians & Obamacare?!

I know you have admitted here to being an ex-fraudster and its fine.. But If I tell you that I have met more than 10 - 15 Nigerians that are fraudsters, I will be lying.

for real sir?
She picked on us cuz we've become a bane to their existence and shit.
Heck! We've even become a bane to our own very existence.
Bruh, u sir need to shut up ur mouth and open up ur mind for real.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by raffite: 2:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
icebeatz: The problem isn't their complexion, it's their culture. In America, we think only dumb people become criminals. That's not true in the Third World!
icebeatz:
icebeatz:
There were almost no Nigerians in the United States until the 1970s. Today, there are nearly 250,000 Nigerians in the U.S. (committing the cyber-crime Americans just won't do!). In 2011, we took in more immigrants from Nigeria than from the United Kingdom (9,246 from the U.K. and 9,344 from Nigeria).
icebeatz:
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by logica(m): 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
vislabraye:

I came to this thread late:
So there's a difference between stealing money and scamming ??
So U can defend theft using credit card, but when it comes to scamming, its disgraceful. Are they not still under internet fraud ?
It seems we are more interested in winning argument here.
Guy, the mugu doesn't even know the meaning of scam. By his definition, nothing like "credit card scam" exists.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by benbazus: 3:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
obailala:

The first step towards solving a problem is accepting there is a problem.. the bolded statement above is part of the genesis of most of our problems...

#my neighbor has no right to scold my kids
#my brother/sister has no right to scold talk less of spanking my kids
#school teachers have no right to punish my kids
[size=8pt][/size]

Fast-forward a couple of years and the kids turn into monsters.

If Nigerians must live in the US or anywhere else, then the citizens of that country reserve the rights to criticize us especially when we misbehave. 70% of mail scams in the world today originate from Nigeria or Nigerians... Coming up with the argument that scammers also exist in other parts of the world is absolute rubbish.. we are talking of statistics here... when a single country makes up a huge percentage of scammers worldwide, we have no choice but to accept it when they label us scammers... we ought to be ashamed of ourselves and look inwards to solve our problems or redeem whatever image we still have instead of picking on those outsiders who are bold enough to criticize us..

...and to address ur claim that Nigeria isn't in the top 20 in cybercrime, I suggest u do a little research and educate urself on the categories of cybercrime that report talks about

My Brother your reference to my reference is Non Sequitur. Diplomatically and otherwise another country be it their government or it's citizen do not have the right to criticize nor correct another country in anyway. It is only us (Nigerians) that reserve the right to bash ourselves and which we have been doing on this and other forums and we will continue to do. We have issues I agree but not to let somebody who has bigger issues to talk down on us.

I challenge you to show us your source of statistics to prove that 70% of mail scams originate from Nigeria or are from Nigerians.
Now which ever category of cyber crime you Google, American will always come out on top. Let me ask you a question. Which electronic crime on earth did not originate from US?.

By accepting this labelling from this woman and by her assertion, you are a scammer, a car jacker, a kidnapper.

4 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Mafious(m): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
It's funny how Nigerians can be so Hypocritical I guess we should all get a gold medal for never standing up for what is true.
Pastors Lie
Imams Lie
Politicians Lie
Parents Lie
Children Lie

What is so disturbing is that we are very quick to defend our own ''Hin na sharp guy'' ''everybody does it''

We have posted thousands of comments here attacking Ann Coutler calling her racist, it was unprofessional for her to have made
that kind of dismissive submission about the generality of Nigerians but one thing is for sure her assessment are factually accurate.

Their are two problems: Most Nigerians commenting have never been to the United States (I owe no one an apology, you have not been where you have not been period. It's not like the Yankee is even heaven once my people at Arik give me green light me I dey come house)

Two major political figures have come out to bash our great nation in one week and we are here attributing it to simple racism. If those guys
bring it up at all it's because they know it would get wide acceptance because majority of Americans already feel that way.

Fellow Nigerians this Yahoo boy syndrome is killing us, let's not fool ourselves we did not exceed our Immigration quota the USCIS people
just got tired of us and had us kicked out of the Diversity Visa Program and this is just a start Toefl and GMAT have gone in time we would not
be eligible for some kinds of Visas I know this because I have been in an out of immigration court DHS causing me one drama or the other.

There is no such person as 'Maga'. Maga is a hard working middle class American who was conned out of his/her saving by a scammer representing his or herself as a Nigerian prince. The painful part is Ghanaians and Kenyans would sit in their country and use the same trick
but would not use their real nationality. Here we are taking blame for things we did not do.

I get hundreds of those same e-mails and I send them curses, I'm sick and tired of Church members coming to be to advice them about
a business proposal the got from a Nigerian. I'm sick of going to racetrack to buy gas and the Indian cussing at you cause he knows
you are a Nigerian. A Japanese chic I was talking to asking if I knew anything about Yahoo Boys. One fool even sent Mitt Romney a scam
mail. We can blame all we want but except we call a spade a spade and an noose a hangmans tool we would be committing the most unforgivable aberration: Fooling our own very selves.

Millions of Dollars go out of this country by Western Union annually; the proceeds of fraud.

Americans are wonderful people if they did to us what we did to them, we have kicked the whole lot to the curb, afterall what did the
honest Ghanaian do to us in the 80's when we kicked them out?

If you are in the group who attacked this fine young woman, go look yourself in the mirror what you would see is the face of a HYPOCRATE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by delegiwa(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:

well, abt that part sayin u cld get a degree in credit card fraud? i guess she cld be forgiven for usin a lil bit of hyperbole; It's called "figurative sweetner" for nothin.
It was jst a punch line to drive her arguments home.

Pally, u forgive her 'figurative sweetner' but is hell bent on strangling anyone that stands his/her ground to say that Ann Coulter is not only a slowspoke but also an 'inconsquential rightwing white supremacist'! Well you could be the thief or fraudster she's talking about but I have never seen where the crime being committed by less than 50,000 persons is being used to paint 160m! I will never take that rubbish not from you or that white biatch called Ann Coulter!!!

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mafious: It's funny how Nigerians can be so Hypocritical I guess we should all get a gold medal for never standing up for what is true.
Pastors Lie
Imams Lie
Politicians Lie
Parents Lie
Children Lie

What is so disturbing is that we are very quick to defend our own ''Hin na sharp guy'' ''everybody does it''

We have posted thousands of comments here attacking Ann Coutler calling her racist, it was unprofessional for her to have made
that kind of dismissive submission about the generality of Nigerians but one thing is for sure her assessment are factually accurate.

Their are two problems: Most Nigerians commenting have never been to the United States (I owe no one an apology, you have not been where you have not been period. It's not like the Yankee is even heaven once my people at Arik give me green light me I dey come house)

Two major political figures have come out to bash our great nation in one week and we are here attributing it to simple racism. If those guys
bring it up at all it's because they know it would get wide acceptance because majority of Americans already feel that way.

Fellow Nigerians this Yahoo boy syndrome is killing us, let's not fool ourselves we did not exceed our Immigration quota the USCIS people
just got tired of us and had us kicked out of the Diversity Visa Program and this is just a start Toefl and GMAT have gone in time we would not
be eligible for some kinds of Visas I know this because I have been in an out of immigration court DHS causing me one drama or the other.

There is no such person as 'Maga'. Maga is a hard working middle class American who was conned out of his/her saving by a scammer representing his or herself as a Nigerian prince. The painful part is Ghanaians and Kenyans would sit in their country and use the same trick
but would not use their real nationality. Here we are taking blame for things we did not do.

I get hundreds of those same e-mails and I send them curses, I'm sick and tired of Church members coming to be to advice them about
a business proposal the got from a Nigerian. I'm sick of going to racetrack to buy gas and the Indian cussing at you cause he knows
you are a Nigerian. A Japanese chic I was talking to asking if I knew anything about Yahoo Boys. One fool even sent Mitt Romney a scam
mail. We can blame all we want but except we call a spade a spade and an noose a hangmans tool we would be committing the most unforgivable aberration: Fooling our own very selves.

Millions of Dollars go out of this country by Western Union annually; the proceeds of fraud.

Americans are wonderful people if they did to us what we did to them, we have kicked the whole lot to the curb, afterall what did the

If you are in the group who attacked this fine young woman, go look yourself in the mirror what you would see is the face of a HYPOCRATE.
An i-d-i-o-t will always show idiotic reasoning!

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by soulglo: 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
I feel foolish for even commenting earlier. Did not know it was Ann Coulter. She is pretty much a useless human being. She is one of those people that you already sense her ignorance before she opens her mouth. Please move on. She's not worth it. Nobody takes her seriously

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
all4naija: An i-d-i-o-t will always show idiotic reasoning!

i have refused to make any instultive comment to anyone but i couldnt hold it...

how is that poster an i..d.iot?
YOU stu...pid Nigerian scumbag....Your inability to discern truth is what will make you die in ignorance..

You probably should be one of those scamming innocent people trying hard to scam people of their hard earned money you fu...cking brainless bigot...

you are a disgrace to the human specie and should be thrown out to the zoo...

Every where in Nigeria is corruption,

St..uppid nigerians like you will resist every effort to change your misguided and corrupt beliefs...yet someone is trying to enlighten you but No! you can not be free from your self imposed blindess..

whoever says nigerias problem isnt spiritual!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Mafious(m): 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
@all4naija How is my reasoning Idiotic?
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mafious: @all4naija How is my reasoning Idiotic?

leave that scumbag alone....

i shouldnt have replied him sef.

nairaland is free
internet is virtually free
an internet enabled phone is really cheap

anything that is free and cheap in nigeria attracts i..di.ots of his kind
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
You all hating on AMERICANS, why not boycott their services......stop travelling there.

Stop using their technology, stop immitating their culture, stop feeding your yoursleves with their entertainment.

and see if Nigeria will last in the next 5days!!!
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
all4naija: An i-d-i-o-t will always show idiotic reasoning!

You'd do well to thank the poster you quoted for holding hIs opinion because people like that are Nigeria's saving grace - they compensate for the mental poverty and small mIndedness people like you exhibit. If Nigeria would change for the better it will be because of the exact contributions which you have dismissed as idiocy.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by logica(m): 5:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mafious: Most Nigerians commenting have never been to the United States (I owe no one an apology, you have not been where you have not been period. It's not like the Yankee is even heaven once my people at Arik give me green light me I dey come house)

You are quite right. I for one have never been out of my village in Ekiti. I owe it to enlightened and well traveled people like you (who can't spell "hypocrite" ) to tell me how the US works. I also need a House Negro to remind me how wonderful Americans are. Can you please provide more info on these wonderful Americans (like how many times they allow you to kiss their a$$es daily, and do they keep their a$$es clean using only water or water and soap?)

4 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by 9jatatafo(m): 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
I feel so sad by this write-up all no thanks to the government of Nigeria. Corruption and stealing reign supreme from government officials to the common man on the street. Government officials loot the treasury at will and nothing is done. No justice, no jail term. A boy on the street will still a mobile phone and bagged 47 years jail term and those big men who stole billions of naira are given plea bargaining and asked to return peanuts. A serving minister is accused of receiving two amoured BMW cars worth $1.6 million dollars and nothing is done. We are here crying for a piece of article that was written about us as a nation. Clean the house called NIGERIA of corruption then we can be respected abroad.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by hisawesomeness(m): 5:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
m.fbi.gov/#http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cyber can't. Even find a nigerian
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
Twitter bashing of the year..........

Wahlahi, this babe won't mention Nigeria again even in her dreams

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by maxit2(m): 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
Yours GEJ,:
Na Nigerians dey bring this kind disgrace upon themselves. From politicians to the average person. Few rotten eggs dey give us bad name. It is very sad.
Dude, did you say FEW ?
Hahahahahaa

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

33 States Can’t Pay Salaries – BudgIT / Properties Recovered So Far From Abdullahi Dikko, Ex-Custom Boss (Photos) / Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.