Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,742 members, 7,935,213 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 01:24 AM

Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! (39964 Views)

Buhari PR Article On Financial Times Paid For By Delta And Cross River State Gov / Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga / Buhari Arrives London On Charm Offensive - Newsweek London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by UyiIredia(m): 7:58am On Nov 15, 2013
Ooh sh*t ! It was Ann Coulter. Mess up men ! She was quite right about Nigeeian scammers and their presence in the Ameeican society, wrong about Naija leading the world in crime (huh ) And so off-point to think smart dudes run Internet scams. A few but not much. Smart goods get Abuja connects. That's where oil money is. They deal in scaming the country of million of dollars. Still think this is a PR mess-up on her part.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by eluquenson(m): 8:02am On Nov 15, 2013
Derogatory statements
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by delegiwa(m): 8:02am On Nov 15, 2013
Anuoluwap:
see guy forget everything about the journalist or her background. The truth still hurts. Don't hide face trying to counter the insults just face it and do something that will help 9ja cause you can't tell anyone here that she lied in that article. #Truth_hurts

So the truth is that Unilag or LASU has a dept that majors in Credit Card Fraud or that Nigeria leads the world in criminal enterprise? Or that every level of our society is criminal? So what you are saying is that you yourself is a criminal right? Well I am not! Given that many good for nothing Nigerians who left here for America still continued in their evil trade over there; but there is no way you will convince me that the majority of criminals in the US are Nigerians! That is a big lie!

I will not let a White Supremacy daughter of satan like Ann Coulter rubbish my country cos I am neither a thief nor a criminal! She doesn't even know her history/numbers very well because if she does, she should know that there many Nigerians in the US circa 1970 but not up to the current numbers for obvious reasons. Her plenty dollars were chasing my Naira then. Though the tides changed but that shouldn't give her the impetus to lie! Those Republicans should just deal with the fact that Obama is and will still be the President for the next 3yrs... An come to think of it, Nigerians are in no way greater in numbers than Mexicans and other Hispanics in the US.

5 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by hisawesomeness(m): 8:03am On Nov 15, 2013
Lol just the way she wants it. Cyber-bullying nigerians. So they feel sorry for themselves and turn against each other on nairaland. grin

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by kiyosaki1(m): 8:06am On Nov 15, 2013
engineerd: Though some of her assertions are ON POINT e.g Nigeria's culture is one of criminality and corruption.....but her delivery sounds condescending and has some racial superiority undertones.....Well the bad eggs amongst Nigerians seem to have a louder voice, but i'm not in anyway fazed cause a lot of Nigerians are contributing positively to the American society e.g
Oduah thing, what's the response from the government ? You and me knows.Piease lets' stop attacking the writer of that thought provoking article, but rather direct our grievance to our leaders that are making us a joke before the entire sane communìty .I rest my case
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Ryda(m): 8:06am On Nov 15, 2013
Gimme dah writer house adress angry
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by igbo2011(m): 8:07am On Nov 15, 2013
What about America's crimes? Funding genocides around the world, bombing people around the world. Using the IMF, World Bank WTO tocomit economic imperiaism. Using the UN to kill people. Using drones to kill or invading countries. Hypocrites!!

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Sike(m): 8:09am On Nov 15, 2013
Woe betides that attention seeker.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 15, 2013
instead of Nigerians to unite against their common enemies they'd choose to fight against themselves... I feel like punching a tribalist now... rage
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Solankelekzy(m): 8:12am On Nov 15, 2013
how dare this bloody fool open her irrational thinking mind nd mouth nd say nonsense, ow dare this fool put everything i still hold dear in this country to shame, ow dare you say this foolishness, you are surely a dumb fool with a useless mind.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by MrAboki: 8:17am On Nov 15, 2013

This is a Picture of the Author of that article..

I have read through her profile and realized that she in no different from Sarah Palin and the fucktards on Fox News..

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 15, 2013
The writer is born fool.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by donaremu(m): 8:22am On Nov 15, 2013
It is heartbreaking that in the 21st century a journalist can associate the traits of a selected few as the character of an entire nation. Not all Nigerians are criminals and it is an insult that every level of Nigerian Society is criminal. There are Nigerian geniuses in the states, contributing their effort in developing your country.
We demand an apology from you.
How will you feel if I say the streets of USA are filled with gun rampage citizens killing each others?
If you do not know, not all Nigerian’s are corrupt or criminally minded like you present us to be.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 15, 2013
I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

She can keep ranting but the reality is that talk is cheap.

If you guys start getting upset about what she said, remember the black Americans that have been getting this for centuries.

Ignore and continue making your money jare.

Like Meek Mill said " I'm into making money, I ain't into making friends"

Na you get your mouth. undecided
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by haibe(m): 8:22am On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by JBL316: 8:22am On Nov 15, 2013
To be scamed ur either one of two things:
1. A mugu
2. A thief
Oyinbo get the 2 things plenty

Naija guys are good at whatever they put their mind to....good or bad.

All those haterz wey they single naija out are wasting their time....so long as there are oyinbo mugus and thieves...they qualifiy to be scammed.

Naija for life!...i no choose naija just as i no choose my parents....Jah put me here for a reason...so also all dem peeps in sundry places
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Orikinla(m): 8:29am On Nov 15, 2013
[size=18pt]
Nigeria, for example, leads the world in criminal enterprises. Every level of Nigerian society is criminal, with the smart ones running Internet scams, the mid-range ones running car theft rings, and the silly ones engaging in piracy and kidnapping. At the University of Lagos, you can major in credit card fraud.

There were almost no Nigerians in the United States until the 1970s. Today, there are nearly 250,000 Nigerians in the U.S. (committing the cyber-crime Americans just won't do!). In 2011, we took in more immigrants from Nigeria than from the United Kingdom (9,246 from the U.K. and 9,344 from Nigeria).[/size]

Only a dummy will say there were almost no Nigerians in the US until the 1970s.
The dummy does not know the history of America.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 15, 2013
Never meant to advocate this on a public forum.....as much as i and many others are a progressive nigerian.but am afraid to a major extent that the American is right....Nigeria is a mess.

Let us direct our grievance to our leaders that are making us a joke before the entire sane communìty...like that guy rightly said.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by MrAboki: 8:38am On Nov 15, 2013
[b]This Ann person should be in a Mental ward.. Here are some of her comments on Muslims & Arabs..

Comments on Islam, Arabs and terrorismOn September 14, 2001, three days after the 9-11 attacks (in which her friend Barbara Olson had been killed), Coulter wrote in her column:

Airports scrupulously apply the same laughably ineffective airport harassment to Suzy Chapstick as to Muslim hijackers. It is preposterous to assume every passenger is a potential crazed homicidal maniac. We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now.

We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.

Responding to this comment, Ibrahim Hooper of the Council on American-Islamic Relations remarked in The Chicago Sun Times that before September 11, Coulter "would have faced swift repudiation from her colleagues," but "now it's accepted as legitimate commentary."[129]

David Horowitz, however, saw Coulter's words as irony:

I began running Coulter columns on Frontpagemag.com shortly after she came up with her most infamous line, which urged America to put jihadists to the sword and convert them to Christianity. Liberals were horrified; I was not. I thought to myself, this is a perfect send-up of what our Islamo-fascist enemies believe—that as infidels we should be put to the sword and converted to Islam. I regarded Coulter’s phillipic (sic) as a Swiftian commentary on liberal illusions of multi-cultural outreach to people who want to rip out our hearts.[130]

One day after the attacks (when death toll estimates were higher than later), Coulter asserted that only Muslims could have been behind the attacks:

Not all Muslims may be terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims—at least all terrorists capable of assembling a murderous plot against America that leaves 7,000 people dead in under two hours.[131]

Coulter has been highly critical of the U.S. Department of Transportation and especially its then-secretary Norman Mineta. Her many criticisms include their refusal to use racial profiling as a component of airport screening.[132] After a group of Muslims were expelled from a US Airways flight when other passengers expressed concern, sparking a call for Muslims to boycott the airline because of the ejection from a flight of six imams, Coulter wrote:

If only we could get Muslims to boycott all airlines, we could dispense with airport security altogether.[133]

Coulter also cited the 2002 Senate testimony of FBI whistleblower Coleen Rowley, who was acclaimed for condemning her superiors for refusing to authorize a search warrant for 9-11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui when he refused to consent to a search of his computer. They knew that he was a Muslim in flight school who had overstayed his visa, and the French Intelligence Service had confirmed his affiliations with radical fundamentalist Islamic groups. Coulter said she agreed that probable cause existed in the case, but that refusing consent, being in flight school and overstaying a visa should not constitute grounds for a search. Citing a poll which found that 98 percent of Muslims between the ages of 20 and 45 said they would not fight for Britain in the war in Afghanistan, and that 48 percent said they would fight for Osama bin Laden,[134] she asserted "any Muslim who has attended a mosque in Europe—certainly in England, where Moussaoui lived—has had 'affiliations with radical fundamentalist Islamic groups,'" so that she parsed Rowley's position as meaning that "'probable cause' existed to search Moussaoui's computer because he was a Muslim who had lived in England." Because "FBI headquarters ... refused to engage in racial profiling," they failed to uncover the 9-11 plot, Coulter asserted. "The FBI allowed thousands of Americans to be slaughtered on the altar of political correctness. What more do liberals want?"[135]

Coulter wrote in another column that she had reviewed the civil rights lawsuits against certain airlines to determine which of them had subjected Arabs to the most "egregious discrimination" so that she could fly only that airline. She also said that the airline should be bragging instead of denying any of the charges of discrimination brought against them. In an interview with The Guardian she quipped, "I think airlines ought to start advertising: 'We have the most civil rights lawsuits brought against us by Arabs.'" When the interviewer replied by asking what Muslims would do for travel, she responded, "They could use flying carpets."

One comment that drew criticism from the blogosphere, as well as fellow conservatives, was made during a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference in February 2006, where she said, referring to the prospect of a nuclear-equipped Iran, "What if they start having one of these bipolar episodes with nuclear weapons? I think our motto should be, post-9-11: Raghead talks tough, raghead faces consequences." Coulter had previously written a nearly identical passage in her syndicated column: "...I believe our motto should be, after 9/11: Jihad monkey talks tough; jihad monkey takes the consequences. Sorry, I realize that's offensive. How about 'camel jockey'? What? Now what'd I say? Boy, you tent merchants sure are touchy. Grow up, would you?"

In October 2007, Coulter made further controversial remarks regarding Arabs—in this case Iraqis—when she stated in an interview with The New York Observer:

We’ve killed about 20,000 of them, of terrorists, of militants, of Al Qaeda members, and they’ve gotten a little over 3,000 of ours. That is where the war is being fought, in Iraq. That is where we are fighting Al Qaeda. Sorry we have to use your country, Iraqis, but you let Saddam come to power, and we are going to instill democracy in your country.

In a May 2007 article looking back at the life of recently deceased evangelical Reverend Jerry Falwell, Coulter commented on his (later retracted) statement after the 9/11 attacks that "the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America ... helped this happen." In her article, Coulter stated that she disagreed with Falwell's statement, "because Falwell neglected to specifically include Teddy Kennedy and 'the Reverend' Barry Lynn."[141]

In October 2007, Coulter participated in David Horowitz' "Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week," remarking in a speech at the University of Southern California, "The fact of Islamo-Fascism is indisputable. I find it tedious to detail the savagery of the enemy ... I want to kill them. Why don't Democrats?"

In the wake of the Boston Marathon bombings Coulter told Hannity host Sean Hannity that the wife of bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev should be jailed for wearing a hijab. Coulter continued by saying "Assimilating immigrants into our culture isn’t really working. They’re assimilating us into their culture."[143]

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by otokx(m): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2013
There is no place like home despite the near absence of infrastructure, things will indeed get better.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by chomaloo(m): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2013
I dnt encourage nigerians to do illigal biz but is time we adopt means of counterin all ds media blackmail frm otha countries against nigeria.apart frm nigerians doin illicit biz.otha countries r intimidatd wen they com across nigerians.so they deviat a way to emotional or use media to blackmail us.d same america won't say lots of nigeria hav asistd in makin their country gr8.wat can b mo fraudulent lik to hack som1 phone witout permision to loot information 4 ur country benefit.das brigin right of privacy.I only cry cus our leaders dnt care n dnt see d effect of ds to our unborn children.God have mercy n bless naija.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Licensed2Kill(m): 8:47am On Nov 15, 2013
I understand all ds patriotic feelings. . .its lyk u have a mad father buh alas nobody is allowed to point to him as a madman even tho its d truth. Cuz we see it as derogatory and we ar ready to do anythin to refrain callin him for what he really is.
I was once into ds biz buh had to quit afta som lil months cuz i was not motivated (i no hammer). I know a lot of ppl in d game today, in fact, 8/10 guys i know are into it and you cant imagine how far they are ready to go to make some dough. Because they know they wld be celebrated once they hammer. Bank officials, the police etc get their cuts as well.
A twisted society we live in.

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by troy20(m): 8:49am On Nov 15, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I hope not. I know Ann Coulter can be needlessly b*tchy but this is in very poor taste. I'll check her site to confirm. The writer funny. UNILAG students don't_or hardly if they do_engage in credit card fraud. For fraud, especially Internet fraud, go to LaUTECH.
you seem to know her that well then.and you seem so certain that unilag dont do credit card fraud.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Richiy(f): 8:53am On Nov 15, 2013
That woman's article(s) REEK of desperation.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by mashaun(m): 8:55am On Nov 15, 2013
"Nigeria, for example, leads the world in criminal enterprises. Every level of Nigerian society is criminal, with the smart ones running Internet scams, the mid-range ones running car theft rings, and the silly ones engaging in piracy and kidnapping. At the University of Lagos, you can major in credit card fraud.[i][/i] "

Chai, read how the woman yawa my prestigious UNILAG.

God dey o.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 15, 2013
Excerpts from Wikipedia about The ariticle writer!

Ann Hart Coulter (born December 8, 1961) is an American conservative social and political commentator, writer, syndicated columnist, and lawyer. She frequently appears on television, radio, and as a speaker at public and private events.
Coulter rose to prominence as a talking head in the 1990s as an outspoken critic of the Clinton administration. Well known for her conservative political opinions and the controversial ways in which she presents and defends them, Coulter has described herself as a polemicist who likes to "stir up the pot", and does not "pretend to be impartial or balanced, as broadcasters do",[2] sometimes drawing criticism from the right, as well as the left.

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Anuoluwap(m): 9:01am On Nov 15, 2013
Allohrandy: 1diot, which truth are you talking about? Most of the name she listed are not Nigerians and is there any course like Credit card fraud in Unilag? People like Ann Coulter are racist who believe all African Americans are criminals and should be ship back to Africa. She is a KKK and a member of tea party in America. She recently wrote an article critical of Obama and she stated that Obama is not an American But a muslim from Kenya. She has a show on Fox TV and Nobody take her serious in America because she is loser.
she didn't use that literally. Mr onediot

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by MrAboki: 9:03am On Nov 15, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:
I understand all ds patriotic feelings. . .its lyk u have a mad father buh alas nobody is allowed to point to him as a madman even tho its d truth. Cuz we see it as derogatory and we ar ready to do anythin to refrain callin him for what he really is.
I was once into ds biz buh had to quit afta som lil months cuz i was not motivated (i no hammer). I know a lot of ppl in d game today, in fact, 8/10 guys i know are into it and you cant imagine how far they are ready to go to make some dough. Because they know they wld be celebrated once they hammer. Bank officials, the police etc get their cuts as well.
A twisted society we live in.

DID YOU READ THE ARTICLE?

What faculty in Uni Lag has a course in Fraud?!
All over 250,000 Nigerians in the U.S are fraudsters?!
The Nigerians at home are either fraudsters, car snatchers or kindnappers?!

Like seriously?!

Nna men!! Odikwa wonderful o!

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by neohitler(m): 9:04am On Nov 15, 2013
She's 100% right.Es tut mir weh

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by ayd91(m): 9:05am On Nov 15, 2013
Akosbaba: Truth hurts
so does slander...
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by peziz(f): 9:05am On Nov 15, 2013
I wanted to go all out and insult the lady, but when i found out who she was and the racist comments she makes so much, men! i just give up. she ain't worth all the bashing one bit. Attention seeking lady. yáll are just giving her what she wants. abeg i no get time jare.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by peziz(f): 9:06am On Nov 15, 2013
neohitler: She's 100% right.Es tut mir weh
You are a Fool from the great beyond!!!! Gerrout!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Senator Nwaogu Dumps PDP For APC, Says Party Has Lost Focus / Nsima Ekere Presented With Guns And Knives During Rally In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Obaseki Can Rejoin Our Party Only If He Drops From Governorship Race- APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.