Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,131 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:07 PM

God Told Me To Tell You This Or That - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Told Me To Tell You This Or That (11667 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
Goshen360:

Keep on preaching and teach the gospel of the LAW, we already know those whose are teaching SPIRIT-LED gospel. The law gospel had it time and dispensation, it was UNTIL the promised will come. Now that the promised had come, what are you still doing with a tutor like a child?

New International Version
What I am saying is that as long as an heir is underage, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate.

New Living Translation
Think of it this way. If a father dies and leaves an inheritance for his young children, those children are not much better off than slaves until they grow up, even though they actually own everything their father had.

Galatians 4:1

And keep on preaching the lawless gospel for we know those who are filling the pews with false converts.

"The absence of God's holy Law from modern preaching is perhaps as responsible as any other factor for the evangelistic impotence of our churches and missions. Only by the light of the Law can the vermin of sin in the heart be exposed. Satan has effectively used a very clever device to silence the Law, which is needed as an instrument to bring perishing men to Christ.

It is imperative that preachers of today learn how to declare the spiritual Law of God; for, until we learn how to wound the consciences, we shall have no wounds to bind with gospel bandages
."
Walter Chantry, Today's Gospel: Authentic or Synthetic?

A sinner cannot conceive of the thought that God would send anyone to hell, as long as he is deceived into thinking that God's standard of righteousness is the same as his. Paul "reasoned" with Felix regarding righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come (Acts 24:25). This is the righteousness that is of the Law and judgment by the Law. Felix "trembled" because he suddenly understood that his intemperance made him a guilty sinner in the sight of a holy God. The reality of hell suddenly became reasonable to him when the Law was used to bring the knowledge of sin.

"And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance and judgment to come Felix trembled, and answered, Go your way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for you" (Acts 24:25) The Evidence Bible.

2 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

And keep on preaching the lawless gospel for we know those who are filling the pews with false converts.

"The absence of God's holy Law from modern preaching is perhaps as responsible as any other factor for the evangelistic impotence of our churches and missions. Only by the light of the Law can the vermin of sin in the heart be exposed. Satan has effectively used a very clever device to silence the Law, which is needed as an instrument to bring perishing men to Christ.

It is imperative that preachers of today learn how to declare the spiritual Law of God; for, until we learn how to wound the consciences, we shall have no wounds to bind with gospel bandages
."
Walter Chantry, Today's Gospel: Authentic or Synthetic?

A sinner cannot conceive of the thought that God would send anyone to hell, as long as he is deceived into thinking that God's standard of righteousness is the same as his. Paul "reasoned" with Felix regarding righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come (Acts 24:25). This is the righteousness that is of the Law and judgment by the Law. Felix "trembled" because he suddenly understood that his intemperance made him a guilty sinner in the sight of a holy God. The reality of hell suddenly became reasonable to him when the Law was used to bring the knowledge of sin.

"And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance and judgment to come Felix trembled, and answered, Go your way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for you" (Acts 24:25) The Evidence Bible.

Don't even add your own, your own gospel has nothing to do with the bible, a gospel of fear and threats , a gospel of Men not of Jesus.

cool

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Goshen360(m): 11:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
frosbel:

The Gospel is the good news of the kingdom and was never anything else, however to become part of that kingdom, , the death, resurrection and burial of Jesus were an integral necessity for 3 reasons :

1. Shedding of blood for the remission of our sins, hence forgiveness - no sinner or sin can enter into the kingdom of God , but with the blood of Jesus and obedience to his word, we are assured of eternal salvation.

2. To raise up all who believe in him on the last day in the same manner - only those who are resurrected by Jesus or have their bodies transformed will enter into the kingdom of God, the rest will be judged and destroyed.

3. Breaking down the wall of partition between Jew and Gentile making us all One Body and hence One people who will dwell in peace and love in this new kingdom.

smiley

Chei, see my brother Frosbby dey fall my hand. Okay. Make I comot first, I dey come back. You will understand by force by fire. grin
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
frosbel:

Don't even add your own, your own gospel has nothing to do with the bible, a gospel of fear and threats , a gospel of Men not of Jesus.

cool

I know that just preaching about the reality of Hell, without using the Law to bring the knowledge of sin (the Ten Commandments), can do a great deal of damage to the cause of the gospel.

If you could imagine that the law enforcement burst into your home, arrested you, and shouted, "You are going to be locked up for a long time!" Wouldn't such conduct leave you bewildered and angry? Because what they have done seems unreasonable. Imagine on the other hand, if the law enforcement burst into your home and instead told you specifically why you were in trouble, if they said: "We have discovered 10,000 marijuana plants growing at the back of your garden. You are going to be locked up for a long time!" You would at least understand why you are in trouble with the law. Knowledge of the law you have transgressed furnished you with that understanding. It makes judgment reasonable. Hell-fire preaching without use of the Law to show the sinner why God is angry with him will more than likely leave him bewildered and angry—for what he considers unreasonable punishment.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 8:02am On Nov 26, 2013
^^^

The law of Moses came to reveal the sinfulness of sin

The law of Mose is weak

The law of Moses nailed every man on the cross with Christ

The wages for breaking the law of Moses is death....Jesus took the sting out of death by dying/paying the wages once and for all.

Jesus became the son of ma so man can become the son of God.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ayoku777(m): 8:19am On Nov 26, 2013
Jesus said in Matthew 24v14 'And THIS gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all the nations; and then shall the end come'

Jesus said the gospel that will wrap up this age and draw the curtain on all dispensations is the gospel of the kingdom. So UNLESS there is another dispensation coming after the dispensation of grace, called the kingdom, then the dispensation of grace was always under the gospel of the kingdom. Coz Jesus said the gospel that will put an end to this age is the gospel of the kingdom.

I want to say that, whenever we find scriptures that seem to contradict or oppose our doctrinal prejudice, instead of ignore them and flip the page, or twist them to mean what we support; we should say Holy Spirit help me find the balance. Drifting into extremes coz we so badly want to keep our opinion is why we argue so much.

Jesus said in Luke 16v16, the law and the prophets were until John, since that time THE KINGDOM OF GOD is preached.... So according to Jesus; it is the law, the prophets then the kingdom.

So unless, we want to say after the kingdom, we now have grace, then we will have the kingdom again to wrap up the age (which will be a ridiculous interpretation). Then I maintain, the dispensation of grace is under the gospel of the kingdom.

The kingdom was what Jesus preached when he began his ministry, Mark 1v14-15. The Kingdom was what he preached to his apostles after he rose from the dead, during the forty days he spent with them, Acts 1v3. And the Kingdom is also the gospel he said would end this age.

What we call grace is the way we enter the kingdom. In John 3v5 -Verily verily I say unto the, Except a man be born of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That was why Jesus went to the cross, to shed his blood and his water and gave up his spirit, so that we can be born again and then enter the kingdom. Grace or salvation by grace through faith in Christ is for the kingdom. Once we lose sight of the kingdom as the goal, grace becomes a revelation without head or tail.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 8:28am On Nov 26, 2013
Of course there is another dispensation coming after the dispensation of grace. We read so much about eschatology and the Great Tribulation in the four gospels and the book of Revelation but we mix it up with the present church built and guarded by the Holy Spirit.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 8:29am On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel: : To take away the responsibility of MAN to make a choice between good and evil , between salvation and death , between God and Satan is to turn MAN into an inconsequential robot and truly makes a rubbish of the concept of salvation.

God has not created some for destruction and some for life, God is not unjust , he has provided equal opportunity for ALL to choose life or death.

"This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live" - Deuteronomy 30:19

shdemidemi:

Are you sure?

Romans 9
16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

@shidemidemi, With our last discussions, i m sure i clearly laid out to u how believin dt God causes everytin (evil/good) to happen is a BIG contradiction to d scriptures. D scriptures cannot stand in division. U dont base a doctrine on single verses, which i hav seen u do most times.
Doctrines cant b based in a single verse and doctrine cant be based on a recorded vision except supported elaborately by other scriptures.
U raised d issue with Joseph, David, Paul etc. which i cleared adequately for u to see dt God never override thr choice but they thru obedient recieved jsutifications.

Ur stand of God overriding man's Will is inadequate to explain Adam's choice, Devil's rebellion, Cain's choice, Salvation thru choice etc and definately put all to mean (I do all dt i do becos God has planned it 4me (whether evil or good)). Do we then blame anyone to who refuses to believ? Do we blame anyone for crime, was Moses then justified to punish those who broke d Law? Hav u ever considered why God proclaimed d judgement on Adam, Eve and d Serpent. Wont dt look lik a staged movie if God Actually planned Adam's Fall? Many more events in d scriptures will fall into d categories of theater art if we ar to go by ur interpretation.

U r preaching dt God created a man, took his Will to do good and then force him to do evil becos He has planned him for destruction, God then go ahead to punish him again for d evil God created him to complete. Do u see how dt sounds?

If we want to see who God is, look at Jesus. He s d perfection of all God has to say and do. As i ve told u b4, God has never made any man do evil, neither has He done any b4. Until we start seeing dt all evil ever committed from d creation of H/E is due to d Fall, the hardness of man, and d works of d devil, we ll always ascribe all of it to God as did d ppl of d OT. God cannot do evil but He s in d business of using all evil caused by d above mentioned to bring about wat is good/perfect.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 8:39am On Nov 26, 2013
I think the problem you seem to have is boxing God in what YOU call evil and what you call good. Adam and Eve were told they will become as God knowing evil and good- you and I are a victims of that today.

Until we renew our mind and stay within the tangent of scripture, we wld also be the determining factor for knowing what good and evil is; which is more like challenging what God calls good and evil.

Do you know the best thing God ever did to mankind? It was the shameful slaughter of His son on the tree. You wldn't ever call that good, would u? Especially if you were the mother of Jesus.

Please stick to scriptures and not your five senses that are tightly linked to the fallen man/structure.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 8:44am On Nov 26, 2013
@Ayoku777,
Thanks for that perspective. As the bible says, flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God and only those who have eternal life in Jesus will. God's kingdom is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost and eternal fellowship with God. Thank God for His grace to salvation and grace to help us live in fellowship with God always thus shunning the things that makes Him displeased.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 8:53am On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi: I think the problem you seem to have is boxing God in what YOU call evil and what you call good. Adam and Eve were told they will be like God knowing evil and good- you and I are a victims of that today.

Until we renew our mind and stay within the tangent of scripture, we wld also be the determining factor for knowing good and evil; which is more like challenging what God calls good and evil.

Do you know the best thing God ever did to mankind? It was the shameful slaughter of His son on the tree. You wldn't ever call that good, would u? Especially if you were the mother of Jesus.

Please stick to scriptures and not your five senses that are tightly linked to the fallen man/structure.

Bro, I aint squeezing God in a box of evil/good. I m just concern about ur interpretation dt God has preplanned all things both evil and good for everyman and has chosen some to eternal life while others for eternal damnation. That put all events on earth as staged drama.

U hav still not cleared dt interpretations wit d scriptures. Really appreciate if all events and acts in d scriptures can b aligned to one interpretation. Dts wat all can learn from. Thanks.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 9:07am On Nov 26, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bro, I aint squeezing God in a box of evil/good. I m just concern about ur interpretation dt God has preplanned all things both evil and good for everyman and has chosen some to eternal life while others for eternal damnation. That put all events on earth as staged drama.

U hav still not cleared dt interpretations wit d scriptures. Really appreciate if all events and acts in d scriptures can b aligned to one interpretation. Dts wat all can learn from. Thanks.

Did God say He rose pharaoh up to destroy him?

Did Jesus not know judas was gonna sell him out?

Did you not see a shadow of that story when Joseph's brothers sold him and he eventually went to prepare a place for them in Egypt, thesame way Christ did?

Does God not know the end from the beginning anymore?

God uses anything even the devil to carry out His will....

We can't reason God out, we can't limit him to our moral standards, we can't subject him to the law.....His ways are far far different from our ways.

The voice of the people as always been different from the voice of God. The voice of God is always isolated.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ayoku777(m): 9:38am On Nov 26, 2013

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 9:57am On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Did God say He rose pharaoh up to destroy him?

Did Jesus not know judas was gonna sell him out?

Did you not see a shadow of that story when Joseph's brothers sold him and he eventually went to prepare a place for them in Egypt, thesame way Christ did?

Does God not know the end from the beginning anymore?

God uses anything even the devil to carry out His will....

We can't reason God out, we can't limit him to our moral standards, we can't subject him to the law.....His ways are far far different from our ways.

The voice of the people as always been different from the voice of God. The voice of God is always isolated.

Bro, knowing end from beginning doesnt justify using evil. Infact dt jusfity more reason why God will never use/do evil. U said God uses anytin including evil. I believ d "uses" u wrote mean "work thru" but not dein d source of such anytin lik evil.

U proposed another list to justified ur claim but hav refused to look at who Jesus is to see God better.
A proper study showed d cause of Pharaoh's fall, a proper study showed d hardness of Joseph's brothers' heart (wickness by choice) to do him evil but God worked good out of thr evil. A proper study showed dt Judas as a person wasnt mentioned in prophecy as d one to betrayed Jesus. Prophecy are given, its left for every individual to mak a right choice so as not to b d one who fulfill evil prophecy. Judas as a person wasnt singled out as Mary as a person wasnt. These are ppl who made choices unto obedience or disobedience to fulfil prophecies, d same way u and i hav obeyed God to reciev salvation.

Bro, ds interpretation nullify man's free will to even accept d gospel hence nullify all d word of Christ.

...he dt believ in me, i will never cast out.
... who believ in me will not perish. etc.

U ll hav a lot of scriptures to strugggle wit to justify d interpretation because all of d warnings in epistles will fall useless on ds.

2 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ayoku777(m): 10:11am On Nov 26, 2013
...edited
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 10:14am On Nov 26, 2013
Pls answer questions

Was it good or evil that Joseph went to prison?

Was it good that jesus was killed shamefully?

Was it good that the nation of Israel had to be slaves for 400 years?

Was it good that the apostles had to suffer and die for the sake of the gospel?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 26, 2013
ayoku777: Hmmm, freewill and pre-destination are two concepts that are in the scriptures. Its a topic I'm so open to explanation about. Hope people who understand it will help iron out the balance.

predestination as Paul taught has nothing to do with certain individuals pre-damned and others pre-saved.

God has predestined those who will exercise their will and believe in the messiah for salvation or to make other choices between good and bad.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 10:29am On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

predestination as Paul taught has nothing to do with certain individuals pre-damned and others pre-saved.

God has predestined those who will exercise their will and believe in the messiah for salvation or to make other choices between good and bad.

Bible reference pls

My bible says it is God who works in us both to do and to WILL......what does your bible say?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by PastorOluT(m): 10:33am On Nov 26, 2013
idnoble135: Better still, everything a man of God says will be checked from the Word,
but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is
good. 1 Thessalonians 5:21 NLT
And from my inner peace
And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from
Christ rule (act as umpire
continually) in your hearts
[deciding and settling with
finality all questions that arise in
your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of
Christ’s] one body you were
also called [to live]. Col 3:15 AMP
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 10:35am On Nov 26, 2013
In one sense no man comes to God with compulsion; in another sense, no man comes without compulsion.

If God did not choose me, I should never have chosen Him. He said "I called you, you did not call me".

The scripture says "in the days of God's power, 'His people' shall be willing.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bible reference pls

My bible says it is God who works in us both to do and to WILL......what does your bible say?

It says :

Philippians 2:12
King James Version (KJV)
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Note the statement ' work out ' which is not passive but active. In other words we act and obey.

Remember that song, 'Trust and Obey , for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey '.

The lyrics become irrelevant if our trusting and obeying does not determine our state in Christ.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 11:06am On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

It says :

King James Version (KJV)
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Note the statement ' work out ' which is not passive but active. In other words we act and obey.

Remember that song, 'Trust and Obey , for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey '.

The lyrics become irrelevant if our trusting and obeying does not determine our state in Christ.

Now that does not mean that they’re going to work for their salvation. They’ve got that already. So what does Paul mean when he says, "Work out your own salvation?" That their salvation become a part and parcel of their everyday experience. And evidently they did, because you know that Christianity turned the Roman empire inside out. How else could it have happened had not these little cells of believers been active in winning others, and that’s the way it went. They didn’t have the big evangelistic campaigns we see today, or the Word of God. So it had to be the miraculous working of the Holy Spirit that these little groups of ex-pagans were now permeating the Roman empire in spite of all of it’s opposition.

NLT says it more clearly
Phil 2:12
Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.

The next verse makes an absolute statement and qualifies what the apostle was saying.

Philippians 2:13
for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Now that does not mean that they’re going to work for their salvation. They’ve got that already. So what does Paul mean when he says, "Work out your own salvation?" That their salvation become a part and parcel of their everyday experience. And evidently they did, because you know that Christianity turned the Roman empire inside out. How else could it have happened had not these little cells of believers been active in winning others, and that’s the way it went. They didn’t have the big evangelistic campaigns we see today, or the Word of God. So it had to be the miraculous working of the Holy Spirit that these little groups of ex-pagans were now permeating the Roman empire in spite of all of it’s opposition.

The next verse makes an absolute statement and qua lies what the apostle was saying.

Nobody has salvation already !!!

We have a measure of the Spirit which God seals his children with until the last day. However we must endure to the very end to be saved. The 'born again' and 'I am saved' concepts have been completely bastardized in the institutions of men.

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." - Matthew 24:13

"Stand firm, and you will win life." - Luke 21:19

"who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time." - 1 Peter 1:5

Sorry Bro, your gospel is another gospel and has nothing to do with the words of Jesus.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 11:18am On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

Nobody has salvation already !!!

We have a measure of the Spirit which God seals his children with until the last day. However we must endure to the very end to be saved. The 'born again' and 'I am saved' concepts have been completely bastardized in the institutions of men.

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." - Matthew 24:13

"Stand firm, and you will win life." - Luke 21:19

"who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time." - 1 Peter 1:5

Sorry Bro, your gospel is another gospel and has nothing to do with the words of Jesus.

You are yet going back to the dispensation of the son, failing to realise the dichotomy between that and the present dispensation of the Spirit. Your four gospels should link you straight to the book of Revelation.

1 cor 15:1
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, ......

Bro, read your Romans 8 over and over today.. I beg u

Ephesians 2:5
even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Bro, it's all a done deal, Use your bible o.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Goshen360(m): 11:22am On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

It says :

King James Version (KJV)

Good morning, my brother Frosbel,

Please, what does it mean to 'work out' one's own salvation IF ONE IS ALREADY SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH, NOT OF ONE'S SELF BUT WHICH IS GOD GIFT?

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 26, 2013
Goshen360:

Good morning my brother Frosbel,

Please, what does it mean to 'work out' one's own salvation IF ONE IS ALREADY SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH, NOT OF ONE'S SELF BUT WHICH IS GOD GIFT?

Morning beloved Bro ,

How can we already be saved when the MASTER said that ONLY he who endures to the end will be saved ? Is Jesus contradicting himself ?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

Morning beloved Bro ,

How can we already be saved when the MASTER said that ONLY he who endures to the end will be saved ? Is Jesus contradicting himself ?
You are the guy contradicting yourself. Salvation of Man's spirit is instant...salvation of the soul and body is progressive.

Since you don't agree a man has spirit,soul and body,you will keep on becoming confused with ur funny theology.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 26, 2013
Bidam: You are the guy contradicting yourself. Salvation of Man's spirit is instant...salvation of the soul and body is progressive.

Since you don't agree a man has spirit,soul and body,you will keep on becoming confused with ur funny theology.

First of all , you do err not knowing the scriptures, there is no mention of salvation of the body, no , the bible talks of salvation of the soul which is the whole MAN, not part of him, all of HIM.

Salvation is not progressive, you are either saved at the end or not , as simple as that.

"But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the faithful ones, whose souls will be saved." - Hebrews 10:39

What we are now is 'born again' , i,e if you indeed have the Spirit of GOD.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

Morning beloved Bro ,

How can we already be saved when the MASTER said that ONLY he that endures to the end will be saved ? Is Jesus contradicting himself ?

That statement isn't directed to the church but to the nation of Israel where a remnant (144000) will be saved by their works and not by the works of the Holy Spirit through Grace.
Romans 9
27 Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel:[j]

“Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea,
The remnant will be saved.
28 For He will finish the work and cut it short in righteousness,
Because the Lord will make a short work upon the earth.”[k]
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ayoku777(m): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2013
Bidam: You are the guy contradicting yourself. Salvation of Man's spirit is instant...salvation of the soul and body is progressive.

Thanks bro, you actually beat me to this explanation. 1Peter 1v9 -Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. The salvation of our souls is the end of our faith, and we are still receiving that, it is progressive. The salvation of our Spirit is the beginning of our faith, and we have received that.

People need to understand the spirit, soul and body division of man, and all are regenerated, reformed and redeemed at different stages of our walk with God. But if your spirit is regenerated, you are saved.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 26, 2013
ayoku777:

Thanks bro, you actually beat me to this explanation. 1Peter 1v9 -Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. The salvation of our souls is the end of our faith, and we are still receiving that, it is progressive. The salvation of our Spirit is the beginning of our faith, and we have received that.

People need to understand the spirit, soul and body division of man, and all are regenerated, reformed and redeemed at different stages of our walk with God. But if your spirit is regenerated, you are saved.

Man is a SOUL , who has a spirit ( life of GOD ) in a body.

1 Peter 1 : 9 actually nullifies your concept of progressive salvation for it talks of salvation of the whole MAN , i.e his soul

Lets go back to the beginning :

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." - Genesis 2:7

MAN only became a soul or living being when the 'spirit' of GOD entered into his body made of dust. Without this 'spirit' , MAN is simply dust and he returns to dust when he dies, only the resurrection can bring him back to life.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ayoku777(m): 11:59am On Nov 26, 2013
1Thess 5v23 -And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We are more than just soul, we are spirit, soul and body. Its obvious from the above scripture.

If the Holy Spirit is the only Spirit we have, is he asking for the Holy Spirit to be kept blameless? And when the bible says the Spirit beareth witness with OUR SPIRIT. That shows we have a spirit, and souls and body.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

The Word 'begoten' Has Been Removed Frm Rsv They Claim Its A Fabrication / Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible / Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.