Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,965 members, 7,873,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:03 AM

God Told Me To Tell You This Or That - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Told Me To Tell You This Or That (11631 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
ayoku777: 1Thess 5v23 -And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We are more than just soul, we are spirit, soul and body. Its obvious from the above scripture.

Well I started from creation and you went to the end of the bible , lol.

Anyway let me explain :

body is dust
spirit is the life of God in man or his consciousness
soul is body + spirit = the MAN , the whole MAN and with his intellect , emotions , will etc.

When a MAN dies as the bible says the spirit goes back to God and he returns to dust. This spirit is not a person, it is the breath of MAN from GOD or the gift life which in this case in only temporary.

"When you hide your face, they are terrified; when you take away their breath, they die and return to the dust." - Psalm 104:29
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Goshen360(m): 12:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

Morning beloved Bro ,

How can we already be saved when the MASTER said that ONLY he who endures to the end will be saved ? Is Jesus contradicting himself ?

First, you didn't answer the simple question - what does it mean to 'work out' one's one salvation? Do YOU HAVE SALVATION by YOURSELF?

Two, in how many "tenses" does scripture used the word "salvation" or "save"? And don't tell me now that there's ONLY ONE salvation because scriptures will fly over you. cheesy
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
Goshen360:

First, you didn't answer the simple question - what does it mean to 'work out' one's one salvation? Do YOU HAVE SALVATION by YOURSELF?

Two, in how many "tenses" does scripture used the word "salvation" or "save"? And don't tell me now that there's ONLY ONE salvation because scriptures will fly over you. cheesy

I will first ask you a question :

What are we saved from ? in fact what is salvation ?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Goshen360(m): 12:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

I will first ask you a question :

What are we saved from ? in fact what is salvation ?

I will answer your questions and I need you answer mine, maybe later, I have to go to work now. Before then, do you believe there is ONE salvation as used in scripture tenses? I will be back, maybe at lunch or at night.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
@frosbel

I think you are just too proud to accept the truth of God's word. Every time you are shown scriptures that debunk your postulations you quickly go off on a tangent.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi: @frosbel

I think you are just too proud to accept the truth of God's word. Every time you are shown scriptures that debunk your postulations you quickly go off on a tangent.

I am sorry you think I am proud for rejecting your position.

smiley
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi: Pls answer questions

Was it good or evil that Joseph went to prison?

Was it good that jesus was killed shamefully?

Was it good that the nation of Israel had to be slaves for 400 years?

Was it good that the apostles had to suffer and die for the sake of the gospel?

Dont let us mix things up.

We are not talking whether its evil or good dt happened to some ppl or events. We are talking about whether its God dt causes d evil, whether he is d source of d evil done to them and to everyone.

Dts d deviation.

2 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 12:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bible reference pls

My bible says it is God who works in us both to do and to WILL......what does your bible say?

D scripture about dont point to d fact dt man cant exercise his will against God.

Can i ask u some questions.
Why exactly do we hav to preach d gospel to every creation?
Wat is d essence Jesus gav us as d reason for preaching d gospel?
Does d gospel truly saves a man, any man dt accept it or its just a wiling away of time because God has already chosen those dt will b saved?

I will appreciate if u can giv me clear explanation from d scriptures.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
ajayikayod:

Dont let us mix things up.

We are not talking whether its evil or good dt happened to some ppl or events. We are talking about whether its God dt causes d evil, whether he is d source of d evil done to them and to everyone.

Dts d deviation.

Who was the angel of death that killed the first sons of the Egyptians?

Who. Killed the 185000 Assyrians?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
ayoku777:

Thanks bro, you actually beat me to this explanation. 1Peter 1v9 -Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. The salvation of our souls is the end of our faith, and we are still receiving that, it is progressive. The salvation of our Spirit is the beginning of our faith, and we have received that.

People need to understand the spirit, soul and body division of man, and all are regenerated, reformed and redeemed at different stages of our walk with God. But if your spirit is regenerated, you are saved.
Frosbel won't agree with this.We've debated this issue long enough on this forum.Even his friends know this.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
Bidam: Frosbel won't agree with this.We've debated this issue long enough on this forum.Even his friends know this.

It is because of this false doctrine that you think , as you mentioned in an earlier article, that the resurrection is a mere formality, for if people go to be with Jesus after death and the wicked go to Hell, what on earth is the purpose for the resurrection.

Let William Tyndale help you here :

And ye, in putting them [the departed souls] in heaven, hell, and purgatory, destroy the arguments wherewith Christ and Paul prove the resurrection.... And again, if the souls be in heaven, tell me why they be not in as good case as the angels be? And then what cause is there of the resurrection?—William Tyndale, An Answer to Sir Thomas More's Dialogue (Parker's 1850 reprint), bk. 4, ch. 4, pp. 180, 181.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
ajayikayod:

D scripture about dont point to d fact dt man cant exercise his will against God.

Can i ask u some questions.
Why exactly do we hav to preach d gospel to every creation?
Wat is d essence Jesus gav us as d reason for preaching d gospel?
Does d gospel truly saves a man, any man dt accept it or its just a wiling away of time because God has already chosen those dt will b saved?

I will appreciate if u can giv me clear explanation from d scriptures.

We preach the gospels because that is what we were called to do.

I don't understand the second question.

Believing the gospel saves...but it is God who calls us or make us believe. It is also God that hardens whoever doesn't if He will be glorified at the end by such person's actions.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

We preach the gospels because that is what we were called to do.

I don't understand the second question.

Believing the gospel saves...but it is God who calls us or make us believe. It is also God that hardens whoever doesn't if He will be glorified at the end by such person's actions.

You need to understand bible language, God does not tempt any man to do evil, when the bible says that God hardens someones heart , it simply means he leaves that person to his/her own devices.

It is SIN that hardens the heart not GOD.

"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called "Today," so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness." - Hebrews 3:13

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

You need to understand bible language, God does not tempt any man to do evil, when the bible says that God hardens someones heart , it simply means he leaves that person to his/her own devices.

It is SIN that hardens the heart not GOD.

"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called "Today," so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness." - Hebrews 3:13

You and your rabbit trail style of argument... You run from and to every end of the bible to find anywhere a word can give credence to your argument. Always read in the context of scriptures pls.

After God hardened pharaoh, how did he end?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
Jesus said all He cld say to the nation of Israel but they won't heed to what he was saying as a nation. If they had accepted Christ, the Gentiles will be doomed and Jesus won't be able to do that which He was really sent to do. The bible said abt Israel 'You have eyes--but they can't see. They have ears--but can't hear. Even though they have been told these things, they will not remember.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

It is because of this false doctrine that you think , as you mentioned in an earlier article, that the resurrection is a mere formality, for if people go to be with Jesus after death and the wicked go to Hell, what on earth is the purpose for the resurrection.

Let William Tyndale help you here :

And ye, in putting them [the departed souls] in heaven, hell, and purgatory, destroy the arguments wherewith Christ and Paul prove the resurrection.... And again, if the souls be in heaven, tell me why they be not in as good case as the angels be? And then what cause is there of the resurrection?—William Tyndale, An Answer to Sir Thomas More's Dialogue (Parker's 1850 reprint), bk. 4, ch. 4, pp. 180, 181.
Am on phone,i dnt have time for lengthy arguments and deviation from the main gist.Can you explain this scripture? Gal2:20,Col 3:1-4.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

You and your rabbit trail style of argument... You run from and to every end of the bible to find anywhere a word can give credence to your argument. Always read in the context of scriptures pls.

After God hardened pharaoh, how did he end?

Sorry rephrase you question !
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

Sorry rephrase you question !

Did God harden the heart of Pharaoh?

Was Pharaoh hardened unto life or unto destruction?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Did God harden the heart of Pharaoh?

Was Pharaoh hardened unto life or unto destruction?

Pharaoh was hardened by his pride and obstinacy and was hence resisted by God for the bible says God resists the proud.

It was Gods resistance against this man's wickedness and pride that eventually destroyed him.

Note : God did not harden him or predestine him to be hardened.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
Where did u get your summations from....please help with bible ref.

Thanks
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 2:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Who was the angel of death that killed the first sons of the Egyptians?

Who. Killed the 185000 Assyrians?

Broooooosss, is d angel of death God?

I always lik to pick ds topic from d start by saying ds.
Its clear in d scriptures dt NO ONE, i mean NO ONE in d Old Testaments (OT) has any knowlegde dt there is a being called d devil (Satan). Till Jesus came all d mention of d devil in d scriptures are either thru visions or prophecies. No man hav a definate understandin of who d devil is lik we ahv today.
All actions both evil and good were ascribed to God all thru d OT becos of thr understanding. Even d prophets who thru prophecies and vision hav a glare of d wicked one, they never hav been able to comprehend who he is. Hence u see scriptures lik.

Judges 9:23 Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem
1 Sam 16:15 And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.
Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?
Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things
Even d writer of Genesis never know d devil but only kno him in shadow (the Serpent).
In all dt happened to Job, he never mentioned Satan thru out d book nor knew whether such evil bein exist. He ascribed all d evil to God.
...many more

U and Me kno better now. We kno d Serpent from d beginning is d devil (u cant kno dt from d OT), We kno better than Job, Amos, Isaiah etc.

Whn Jesus came, he showed us who d liar and d murderer,
John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him.

He showed us whr lying tongues comes from, whr d killer comes from. He latter showed us who d destroyer is.

Christ gav d most striking statement of all age "Its d thief dt comes to steal, kill and destroy", i come to giv life (As d Father will always do) to uncover wat was missing d in OT. D DEVIL.

He was always behind d scene but an active actor.
The Apostles went further to unravell d accuser, Paul called him d holder of d Power of Death.

If our study can go beyond just unveiling d freedom from d Law in OT to unravelling d ignorance d OT had about d devil we will do well to discern d thin line drawn btw d act of God and dt of d devil in d OT.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi: Where did u get your summations from....please help with bible ref.

Thanks

"But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble." - James 4:6

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
This your theology all in the name of trying to prove God has nothing to do with what you define as evil is laughable. They knew about satan from the Old Testament bro, in fact before the beginning.

Read your Genesis, Job and chronicles properly
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

"But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble." - James 4:6

Does this explain all you said abt pharaoh or you are forcing it to.

God had said the people will go through these times in Genesis 15, how wld these things come to pass if God does not create a pharaoh who wld forget about Joseph?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi: This your theology all in the name of trying to prove God has nothing to do with what you define as evil is laughable. They knew about satan from the Old Testament bro, in fact before the beginning.

Bro, pls can u point to me d scriptures whr they knew about Satan in OT outside vision and prophecies?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 2:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bro, pls can u point to me d scriptures whr they knew about Satan in OT outside vision and prophecies?

Ok. Sir

Job 1

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. 7 And the LORD said to Satan, “From where do you come?” So Satan answered the LORD and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.”

The serpent in Genesis is also satan, isn't it?...
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Ok. Sir

Job 1

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. 7 And the LORD said to Satan, “From where do you come?” So Satan answered the LORD and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.”

The serpent in Genesis is also satan, isn't it?...

Bro, u didnt read dt post. If u hav u would hav known dt i mentioned d two cases. If i say knowledge, i mean knowing his existence as a being, understanding who he is, not as a shadow, symbol, vision, prophecies but in reality and clarity.

1. Book of Job mentioned Satan from d writer's view. Definately d above verse u wrote has to be a vision not known in understanding by d writer as we kno his existence today. Also, all d responses of Job and his friends showed dt he never understand wat was going on behind d scene. I pointed out dt aside visions/prophecies
u wont find any.

2. Serpent in Genesis is Satan. Yes. But u kno dt now because thr is NT. If all u hav today without Jesus coming is d OT, will u hav been able to say dt d Serpent is d Devil? Will u not still b reading d Serpent as animal deceived? Did d OT tell us dt d Serpent was d devil?

Bro, thr ar so much in d OT dt shows thr lack of understanding of God and Satan. Hence all evil/goodthey ascribed all to God. Thr are sooo much hidden from then for us.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 4:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
All I will say about the issue of who the angel of death is is that I will stick with who the bible says it is. If the bible says it is God, I believe it is God.

The scripture says "He killeth and maketh alive". That is an absolute statement and it is sufficient.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi: All I will say about the issue of who the angel of death is is that I will stick with who the bible says it is. If the bible says it is God, I believe it is God.

The scripture says "He killeth and maketh alive". That is an absolute statement and it is sufficient.

Angel of death is GOD angry sad shocked cheesy grin grin
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
shdemidemi: This your theology all in the name of trying to prove God has nothing to do with what you define as evil is laughable. They knew about satan from the Old Testament bro, in fact before the beginning.

The bible says God does not tempt any man talk less of making him do evil.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 6:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

The bible says God does not tempt any man talk less of making him do evil.

Show me whr I have said God tempted a man?

Who defines what evil is, you?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Boomark(m): 6:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bro, I aint squeezing God in a box of evil/good. I m just concern about ur interpretation dt God has preplanned all things both evil and good for everyman and has chosen some to eternal life while others for eternal damnation. That put all events on earth as staged drama.

U hav still not cleared dt interpretations wit d scriptures. Really appreciate if all events and acts in d scriptures can b aligned to one interpretation. Dts wat all can learn from. Thanks.

I wonder if shdemidemi can actually declare publicly that God is Love. That He is a God of justice. How? Who would believe him with all these things he is saying. That people who accepted Christ and later fell on the way due to weakness, will be punished by God who manipulated them.

@shdemidemi
"I will show mercy to whom i will show mercy." Does it belongs to you or any other person to show mercy. If God say, "i will answer the pray of whosoever i want." it belongs to Him to answer prayer. There is nobody over there that tells Him which prayers He must answer or answers prayers on His behalf. It all belongs to Him.

What you stand for contradict everything in the bible.
P.s Jesus never conversed with satan to make Peter deny him. I don't know where you got that. That sounds like obadiah777's voice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Truth About Head Covering For Christian Women / 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church / Science Confirms Eucharistic Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.