Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,119 members, 7,943,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:39 PM

Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! (36839 Views)

Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief / Nigerian English Not Pidgin English A Myth Or Reality A Foreigner's Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Wrong...The Garamentes fell around the 5th century. The around the same time as Tin Hinan.

http://www.temehu.com/Cities_sites/germa.htm

Perhaps one of the best achievement of the Garamantians, namely their agricultural genius, was said to have brought their downfall. The hundreds of underground channels, known as foggara, which were used to direct water from underground reserves to their farms, were said to have ultimately drained underground reserves. But, according to other sources, the disappearance of the Garamantes around the fifth century coincides more with the invasions than with the drying up of underground reserves.

Also no one even really knows the date of her.

A 4th to 5th century date is consistent with carbon dating of the wooden bed and also with the style of pottery and other tomb furniture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_Hinan

Again it seems you are intent upon proving that the Tuareg are black, inorder to discredit todays brown skinned Tuareg for the black-skinned Bella.

So are you saying as soon as the Garamantes fell, Tin Hinan rose to unites (the already existing) Tuareg tribes?

Also you are just choosing those parts that suit your personal bias.

I is also said:

A number of funerary objects were also found. These included a "Venus" statue in Aurignacian style (similar to the Venus of Hohle Fels), a glass goblet (lost during World War II), and gold foil which bore the imprint of a Roman coin of Constantine I issued between 308 and 324 CE.

I believe it is impossible as the dates are inconsistent too. Tin Hinan died around the 4th Century while the Garamantes fell around the 7th Century in MOST sources. I can show them to you. You just chose a source the complies with your bias.

Either ways, she died before the Garamantes collapse even if it wa the 5th century.

Again the same thing happened with the Nubians when their kingdom fell and the area started drying up more and more. Originally there were no nomads in that area because it wasn't needed. Who said Nomadic is tribal? Again like I said the Garamentes were pushed out through invasions and the drying up. Remember the Garamentes civilization was in the area of the Sahara. So nomadic lifestyle was needed to survive. Also I forgot to mention that despite the Garamantes living in adequate cities, many Garamantes endured as nomads against Roman towns. Also the Romans referred to them as barbaric nomads. Dude you act like if a civilizations were to fall by destruction that there suppose to just magically just come right back up. I know this may be a silly comparison but still. Say a nuclear attack hits most of America, destroying America as a country and it no longer having a government and people must depend on their own for their survival. What would happen? People would start searching for food and other needs similar to how what happened with the Garamentes and Nubians.

what the heck are you talking about?

Nubians are not Nomads. They were nomads in pharaonic times, but have long since settled around the Nile as farmers and agriculturists until the building of the dam. Many Nuba also worked a servants, soldiers,etc., and even lived in crowded city areas like Dangala, Cairo ,etc.

I dont know where you got this idea that they are nomads. im telling you, it is very uconventional for settled agriculturists to become nomads.

can you show me where the ROmans referred o them as nomads? (not that it proves much).

1. The Garamentes weren't a small Agricultural kingdom
2. Not all were agriculturalist but also nomads.

They were not too big.
Most were settled agriculturists if not all.

How can we even have a fixed view that their homeland was Ahagger? When it is said that Tuaregs(like most Berbers) came from the east.
In the last millennium BC, another Berber expansion created the Berber peoples noted in Roman records. The final spread occurred in the first millennium BC, when the Tuareg moved into the central Sahara, by then possessing camels;[4] (in the past, the northern parts of the Sahara were much more inhabitable than they are now.[5])

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Berber_language

It is not me who has this view. All my Tuareg friends claim Ahaggar as the seat of their tribal confederacy and homelands. Even TIn Hinans remains were forund in Ahaggar. Further more, mort Tuareg themselves claim western descent from around Morocco, which is consistent with the legend about TIn Hinan originating from there.

You are painting all Berbers with the same brush. I still dont believe Tuareg are completely Berbers. They look and behave entirely different.

or maybe they separated quite earlier.

Already explained the bolded...Read other replies.

As for the red...Dude...The Garamentes kingdom was in the heart of the sahara and when it started drying up.

heart of the Sahara ke?

lol cmon man. That is not the heart of the Sahara. it is more like outskirts.

Actually human ancestors started out as hunter gatherers.

True, which entailed a life of nomadism. but never as settled peoples.

Okay...

The Garamantes are widely considered as the direct ancestors of the eastern Tuaregs of the Sahara and Niger.
http://www.temehu.com/Cities_sites/germa.htm

Since Prehistoric times Tuareg peoples: the Garamantes have been organising caravans for trading across the Sahara desert. The caravan in Niger from around Agadez to Fachi and Bilma is called in Tamashek: Tarakaft or Taghlamt and the one in Mali from Timbuktu to Taoudenni Azalay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuareg_people#Economy

The Tuaregs were first mentioned by the ancient Greek historian Herodotus, who spoke of a group known as the Garamantes living in the Fezzan region of southwest Libya that operated trans-Saharan trade routes, connecting the heart of Africa to the North African coast. It is now believed that he was speaking of the Tuareg.

http://blog.23andme.com/23andme-and-you/genetics-101/people-of-the-veil-new-study-reveals-clues-to-origins-of-the-nomadic-tuaregs/

Reputedly of Berber descent, the language of the Tuareg is Tamachek, with their own script known as Tifinagh, thought to have ancient Libyan roots.

http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/tuareg/

You are again stating all forms of the same claims that have been copy-pasted from one site to another. That doesnt prove any point man.

Herodotus menttioned only these Garamentes but it is european scholars who believe they are Tuaregs just because they cant find any other explanation.

1. I believe we already have....

2. No...The Greeks referred to people who ere extremely dark as black and with woolly hair. But mostly those who were burnt skin which Ethiopian meant.

Geographical knowledge did not extend south of the Sahara, and the only parts of "black Africa" known to the ancient Greeks were East Africa including the Horn of Africa. Αἰθίοψ (Aithiops), meaning "burnt-face", was used as the term for black African since the time of Homer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aethiopia

The Greeks referred to the Garamantes as Ethiopians.

1. We havent. We have just been dealing with claims. Im not at all convinced.

2. Again to paint the inhabitants of the entire region as "Ethiopians" is racist and not accurate. You are basing all your points on such inaccurate claims.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
ROSSIKE:

The point is you stated this earlier:

''As for West Asia AKA the Middle East...The ORIGINAL inhabitants were black and looked black. But were they genetically related to Africans? Most likely not...They were most likely early black Asians like the Andaman Islanders who look black but are NOT related to Africans.''

The Out of Africa theory does not recognize any people as being ''genetically unrelated to Africans'' or ''not related to Africans''.

Why I drew attention to your wording here is because you stand the risk of sounding like a Not Out of Africa theorist. (You do realize that there are many scholars who propose the theory of independent emergence of modern man in Asia?)

This is getting ridiculous. How am I discounting the OOA when it is accepted by many? And when have a said the early inhabitants were not black?? I said they were NOT genetically related to modern day Africans.

The point is that everyone is related to those OOA migrates which binds all humans together. But still there are genetic distances Those Andaman Islanders and Southeast Asian Negritos may look black, but they don't carry any African components, but Asian ones. If they don't then please provide a study proving that they do.

Again phenotype=/=genetics.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 23, 2013
KidStranglehold:

This is getting ridiculous. How am I discounting the OOA when it is accepted by many? And when have a said the early inhabitants were not black?? I said they were NOT genetically related to modern day Africans.

The point is that everyone is related to those OOA migrates which binds all humans together. But still there are genetic distances Those Andaman Islanders and Southeast Asian Negritos may look black, but they don't carry any African components, but Asian ones. If they don't then please provide a study proving that they do.

Again phenotype=/=genetics.

How can you say that people descended from Africans ''don't have any African components''? What do you mean they are ''not genetically related to modern day Africans''? The terminology you employ is wrong under the Out of Africa theory. The L3 haplogroup is the only one that left Africa. M and N sub-haplogroups are derived from L3. The black East Asians and Adamanese are in M, as are many Indians and Pakistani etc. So it's not accurate to say they are ''not genetically related to Africans''.

Excerpts:

''Notably, the findings of Harding et al. (2000, p. 1355) show that, at least with regard to dark skin color, the haplotype background of Papua New Guineans at MC1R (one of a number of genes involved in melanin production) is identical to that of Africans (barring a single silent mutation). Thus, although these groups are distinct from Africans at other loci (due to drift, bottlenecks, etc.), it is evident that selection for the dark skin color trait likely continued (at least at MC1R) following the exodus. This would support the hypothesis that suggests that the original migrants from Africa resembled pre-exodus Africans (at least in skin color), and that the present day remnants of this ancient phenotype can be seen among contemporary Africans, Andamanese and New Guineans.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_African_origin_of_modern_humans
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
The African ancestors of the Chinese people

A young girl and an old woman of the San people, Southern Africa
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Again it seems you are intent upon proving that the Tuareg are black, inorder to discredit todays brown skinned Tuareg for the black-skinned Bella.
Please don't put words in my mouth...When my intentions are not anything like that. First off...You're the one trying to write away the black looking Tuaregs as slaves. When..
1. The Bella/Songhai people are confined to Mali.
2. There is no proof of those lighter skinned or darker skinned Tuaregs being the original Tuaregs. Like I said Middle Easterners did mix with Tuareg's. The caliphate had many Tuareg soldiers.
3. Libya has a lot of dark skinned Tuaregs and historians say those sam Tuaregs are descendants of the Garamantes who lived in Libya. You have no proof to discredit this or write away all darker skinned Tuaregs as just slaves.

PAGAN 9JA:

So are you saying as soon as the Garamantes fell, Tin Hinan rose to unites (the already existing) Tuareg tribes?

No you're just putting words in my mouth...Again to fit YOUR personal bias to write off the blacker skinned Tuaregs as just slaves. I already sourced you evidence which STATE the date for Hinan is NOT CONSISTENT. They clearly state Hinan is between the centuries of 4th-5th century. You're trying to write off all dark skinned Tuaregs as slaves but forget that there are NO Bella or Songhay people in Libya...Libya where Tuaregs are regarded as black and where the Garamantes civilization arose.

PAGAN 9JA:

I is also said:
A number of funerary objects were also found. These included a "Venus" statue in Aurignacian style (similar to the Venus of Hohle Fels), a glass goblet (lost during World War II), and gold foil which bore the imprint of a Roman coin of Constantine I issued between 308 and 324 CE.

I believe it is impossible as the dates are inconsistent too. Tin Hinan died around the 4th Century while the Garamantes fell around the 7th Century in MOST sources. I can show them to you. You just chose a source the complies with your bias.

Either ways, she died before the Garamantes collapse even if it wa the 5th century.
Again where is proof that she died before the Garamantes collapse. They don't even have a date of death for her. For the last time there is no consistent date for her. Also like I said Garamantes were a nomadic type civilization that had influence from central Sahara, up to the coastal parts of North Africa. They migrated everywhere.

PAGAN 9JA:

Nubians are not Nomads. They were nomads in pharaonic times, but have long since settled around the Nile as farmers and agriculturists until the building of the dam. Many Nuba also worked a servants, soldiers,etc., and even lived in crowded city areas like Dangala, Cairo ,etc.

I dont know where you got this idea that they are nomads. im telling you, it is very uconventional for settled agriculturists to become nomads.

can you show me where the ROmans referred o them as nomads? (not that it proves much).

Read my post again. Did I specifically state Nubian were nomads?? I clearly stated after the fall of Nubia and the arrival of the desertification of the area that a nomadic culture arose. Why? Because is was NEEDED. It can't get more simple as that. Also Nubians aren't even one monolithic group btw.

PAGAN 9JA:

They were not too big.
Where's proof? When I cited sources that stated some were and the Romans referred to them as barbaric nomads.

PAGAN 9JA:

It is not me who has this view. All my Tuareg friends claim Ahaggar as the seat of their tribal confederacy and homelands. Even TIn Hinans remains were forund in Ahaggar. Further more, mort Tuareg themselves claim western descent from around Morocco, which is consistent with the legend about TIn Hinan originating from there.

You are painting all Berbers with the same brush. I still dont believe Tuareg are completely Berbers. They look and behave entirely different.

That's just your opinion that Tuaregs are different from Berbers when:
1. Most other Berbers lost their culture for an Arab/European one.
2. Tuareg language is the most Ancient of all Berber languages.
3. Tuaregs still have their ancient Berber script.
4. Berber is JUST LANGUAGE GROUP!
5. Berbers are not just one monolithic group. The only thing they share is language.
6. Tuareg males carry Y-DNA Berber marker E-M81 in HIGH frequencies.

PAGAN 9JA:

heart of the Sahara ke?

They actually did. But also true they did live near the coast too.

Actually a lot near Morocco where you say your Tuareg friends claim where Tuaregs come from...

PAGAN 9JA:

Actually there were settled people. Look up the Vinca culture of prehistoric Europe and also the Aterian culture of Northwest Africa. Both were settled.

PAGAN 9JA:

You are again stating all forms of the same claims that have been copy-pasted from one site to another. That doesnt prove any point man.

Herodotus menttioned only these Garamentes but it is european scholars who believe they are Tuaregs just because they cant find any other explanation.
Actually they do and they are not just copy paste. I provided sources, now wheres yours? It cant get any clearer, another reason why...

Tuareg are still using the ancient scripts that were part of the Garamante Empire, known asTifinagh, tifin negh, which means 'our invention' in Tuareg language. ( a script that was used to write other African languages such as Songhay). This script is derived from pure Libyan Abjad script which has many similarities to the Egyptian hieratic script.

Ancient Garamante script

Modern Tuareg pendant using the Tifinagh script
[img]http://www.nmafa.si.edu/exhibits/inscribing/images/eduimages/fig-5b-tuareg-pendant-bckLG.jpg[/img]

This is a slap in the face to yours and others who argue that modern Tuareg don't represent the "original" Berber-speakers and the ancient Libyans(before infusion with the sea people). Curious how they're the only "Berber" people who have preserved that script. Again the Garaments were BERBER SPEAKERS. I had already shown you that.

PAGAN 9JA:

2. Again to paint the inhabitants of the entire region as "Ethiopians" is racist and not accurate. You are basing all your points on such inaccurate claims.

1. Again yes we have. Must Historians agree. And lets not forget Tuaregs are not monolithic in origin. I forgot to mention that their a confederacy.

2. How is it racist?? Those are the Greeks words and how they refereed to the inhabitants. No one is basing their points on inaccurate claims, just that you not getting the point. The Greeks were there, saw the people and described how they looked. Not only that but detailed the word Ethiopian. Its the Greeks words who were actually there against yours.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2013
Radoillo:

I think there's a chronology problem with the bolded.

The kingdom of Kush rose about the year 1000BC (rough dating) and did not conquer Egypt until the 700s BC (There was an older kingdom in that area, though, called Kerma, but I don't think that's what we are discussing). There were plenty of empires in 'the Middle East' before and during that time...Hittite Empire, Kassite Empire, Assyrian Empire.

It's also not accurate that there were no Phoenicians during the time of Kush's greatness. Phoenician civilization developed around Byblos around 1200BC. Phoenicians established the colony of Carthage probably before Kush conquered Egypt.

Apparently, according to the earliest sources, from the Persians, the Canaanites, who later became Phoenicians used to live around the Erythraean Sea (around Horn of Africa and the Red Sea) - before migrating to the Mediterranean. And even the name, Phoenicia, was borrowed from the ancient Egyptians.

This is what Heretodus(the Greek Philosopher) said about them:

Herodotus' account (written c. 440 BC) refers to the myths of Io and Europa. (History, I:1).

According to the Persians best informed in history, the Phoenicians began the quarrel. These people, who had formerly dwelt on the shores of the Erythraean Sea, having migrated to the Mediterranean and settled in the parts which they now inhabit, began at once, they say, to adventure on long voyages, freighting their vessels with the wares of Egypt and Assyria.

Now back to Kush. The Kush is known to be the first Kingdom in Africa and it predated ancient Egypt. I guess what you're referring to by citing 1000B.C.E, is the earliest record of Kush, when Mentuhotep II undertook a campaign against the kingdom. However, Kush was far older than that.

Now that we've established that Kush was far older than Phoenicia - and the Phoenicians/Canaanites actually migrated from somewhere between the horn of Africa and the red sea. Can you lot now agree that these people were black Africans, even if the image of hannibal on his coin isn't enough to convince you?

Also, let's look at the Bronze and Iron age in that part of the world at that point in history. And how the same thing happened all over Southern Nigeria, at a later date in history, after different migration waves out of that region. So who brought the knowledge of bronze and iron casting to present day Nigeria? I'm sure the people in present day Southern Nigeria didn't just wake up and start casting bronze and iron.

Perhaps, we need to start connecting the dots, to ascertain where everyone originally came from. Folklore won't tell us our history and where our ancestors have been and who they were.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
I don't know if this is related to the topic, however, let me just put his out there.

Kush was lorded over by Queens - yes women.

Also, the oldest Yoruba kingdom, after Ife, Ketu depicts Oduduwa to be a woman (got this from Terracotta's post yesterday and did a research on it to know how true it's).

So is there a connection there? - I don't know. But questions need to be asked.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
This is the Ketu folklore about Oduduwa being a female. Anyway, the Alaketu who founded Ketu, in today's Benin republic, all the way to Togo, was a woman.

http://digitalcommons.mcmaster.ca/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1056&context=nexus

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Fulaman198(m): 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I is also said:

They were not too big.

or maybe they separated quite earlier.

heart of the Sahara ke?

Tuaregs actually claim to be of Libco-Berber origin. There are no Tuaregs in Morocco, just other Berber/Amazigh groups exist there. Watch Issa Dicko's video on Tuaregs and their origin (he is Tuareg himself). If I can't find it online, I will have to upload it. Majority of Tuaregs are what America would classify as black. Some look Arab because of mixing with Arabs.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by macof(m): 11:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
shymexx: This is the Ketu folklore about Oduduwa being a female. Anyway, the Alaketu who founded Ketu, in today's Benin republic, all the way to Togo, was a woman.

http://digitalcommons.mcmaster.ca/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1056&context=nexus

I cant believe this.

It could be one of those attempts to distort history again.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
macof:
I cant believe this.

It could be one of those attempts to distort history again.

Can't you see where 1893 was referenced there?
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 23, 2013
Fulaman198:

Tuaregs actually claim to be of Libco-Berber origin. There are no Tuaregs in Morocco, just other Berber/Amazigh groups exist there. Watch Issa Dicko's video on Tuaregs and their origin (he is Tuareg himself). If I can't find it online, I will have to upload it. Majority of Tuaregs are what America would classify as black. Some look Arab because of mixing with Arabs.

Agreed my Fulani brother. cool

Your people actually have close relationships with the Tuaregs.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
I'm going to try and be patient...
ROSSIKE:

How can you say that people descended from Africans ''don't have any African components''? What do you mean they are ''not genetically related to modern day Africans''? The terminology you employ is wrong under the Out of Africa theory. The L3 haplogroup is the only one that left Africa. M and N sub-haplogroups are derived from L3. The black East Asians and Adamanese are in M, as are many Indians and Pakistani etc. So it's not accurate to say they are ''not genetically related to Africans''.
Again this is your job to find me a study which says black Asians and Andaman Islanders carry African components. No...L3 never left Africa really and its not found in non Africans. M and N left Africa and are Eurasian in origins. Africans only carry young sub clades of M and its due through back migrations. While no Africans carry N. Also Ancient L3 is barely found in Africans. Its not even found in East Africa where it originated. Its an Ancient African haplogroup, which is why M and N which arose from L3 and are ancient themselves and their carriers are distant from Africans. Adamnese people don't even carry. IIRC they carry haplogroup D which is not even found in Africa at all.

ROSSIKE:
Excerpts:

''Notably, the findings of Harding et al. (2000, p. 1355) show that, at least with regard to dark skin color, the haplotype background of Papua New Guineans at MC1R (one of a number of genes involved in melanin production) is identical to that of Africans (barring a single silent mutation). Thus, although these groups are distinct from Africans at other loci (due to drift, bottlenecks, etc.), it is evident that selection for the dark skin color trait likely continued (at least at MC1R) following the exodus. This would support the hypothesis that suggests that the original migrants from Africa resembled pre-exodus Africans (at least in skin color), and that the present day remnants of this ancient phenotype can be seen among contemporary Africans, Andamanese and New Guineans.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_African_origin_of_modern_humans

*sigh*

I hope you know what you are posting, because it seems like you don't. Sorry but your source does not agree with what your saying.

Your study only states that New Papuan people and Africans both carry a melanin gene, which has nothing to do with genetic relations...We already know that New Papuan kept that gene and retained their tropical characteristic due to their environment not pressuring them for a pale skin gene mutation, like what happened with cold adapted people like Europeans.

But more importantly...Read the read bolded. Again agreeing with I keep saying. They are DISTANT from other Africans. The only thing your source really states is that the early migrates resembled Africans. We already know that...

But anyways...

Y-DNA around the world.
http://nitro.biosci.arizona.edu/courses/EEB208/Lecture18/pics/W-MAP.GIF

mtDNA around the world.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Faa4sVFWpOk/TkRIQSwa-WI/AAAAAAAACe0/NxX0gCf8iYI/mtdnamapworld.jpg

No pacific islanders carry in African clades...
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 23, 2013
ROSSIKE: The African ancestors of the Chinese people

A young girl and an old woman of the San people, Southern Africa

Please tell me you're not serious...Please.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Fulaman198(m): 11:48pm On Nov 23, 2013
Stranglehold:

Agreed my Fulani brother. cool

Your people actually have close relationships with the Tuaregs.

I'm well aware, there are a lot of Fulani/Tuareg mixed bands in Niger, Chad and Mali these days. Not so much in Nigeria the copycat nation, because Northerners are trying to sound like Indians and Southerners are trying to sound like Americans. Nigerians and their low self-esteem
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by macof(m): 11:50pm On Nov 23, 2013
shymexx:

Can't you see where 1893 was referenced there?

I haven't read it yet
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 23, 2013
Fulaman198:

I'm well aware, there are a lot of Fulani/Tuareg mixed bands in Niger, Chad and Mali these days. Not so much in Nigeria the copycat nation, because Northerners are trying to sound like Indians and Southerners are trying to sound like Americans. Nigerians and their low self-esteem

lol!
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 24, 2013
Stranglehold:

Please tell me you're not serious...Please.

LOL...My reaction exactly....

1 Like

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Dibiachukwu: 12:39am On Nov 24, 2013
Galatians 4

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Jerusalem is the mother land. Not Africa. Africa got its name from Scipio Africanus. A roman
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Dibiachukwu: 12:44am On Nov 24, 2013
Ecclesiastes 12

12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there
is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 24, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Galatians 4

Jerusalem is the mother land. Not Africa. Africa got its name from Scipio Africanus. A roman

Seriously? undecided

'Africanus' was an appellation he gained from his campaigns in AFRICA against Carthage.

There were Roman generals called 'Germanicus' because they carried military campaigns to lands occupied by Germanic tribes.

And no, Jerusalem is not the mother of us all. Y'all should stop treating the Bible like a social science textbook.

4 Likes

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Dibiachukwu: 12:54am On Nov 24, 2013
Radoillo:

Seriously? undecided

'Africanus' was an appellation he gained from his campaigns in AFRICA against Carthage.

There were Roman generals called 'Germanicus' because they carried military campaigns lands occupied by Germanic tribes.

And no, Jerusalem is not the mother of us all. Y'all should stop treating the Bible like a social science textbook.
Germans are Romans. And are children of Esau/Edom. Listen most people here know zero history. Why do you think their are so many books and none of them can tell you who you are. Listen to the wisest man ever to work the earth. Solomon in Ecclesiastes 12:12
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Fulaman198(m): 12:55am On Nov 24, 2013

Don't tell me you are going to let religion brainwash you from something science has proven.....

Have they found any human remains that date back to 5 million years ago in Jerusalem? I highly doubt it. There is a point where one must question everything they read even if it comes from a holy book, Bible or Qu'ran.

Human origin is Africa, to be more specific, southern Africa.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Dibiachukwu: 1:03am On Nov 24, 2013
Fulaman198:

Don't tell me you are going to let religion brainwash you from something science has proven.....

Have they found any human remains that date back to 5 million years ago in Jerusalem? I highly doubt it. There is a point where one must question everything they read even if it comes from a holy book, Bible or Qu'ran.

Human origin is Africa, to be more specific, southern Africa.
Africa is an administrative division just like Nigeria. These are conquered people. Egyptians lived here mostly. And the lower parts of Africa was uninhabited. During the assyrian conquest, these people fled further south from upper egypt. These are the so called sudanese down to some parts of south Africa. And quran copied everything from the bible.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by macof(m): 1:07am On Nov 24, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
Africa is an administrative division just like Nigeria. These are conquered people. Egyptians lived here mostly. And the lower parts of Africa was uninhabited. During the assyrian conquest, these people fled further south from upper egypt. These are the so called sudanese down to some parts of south Africa. And quran copied everything from the bible.

Ile-Ife and many surrounding communities date way older than the assumed age of the earth by the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by macof(m): 1:08am On Nov 24, 2013

^^^This is why my children cannot be Christians

1 Like

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 24, 2013
Dibiachukwu:

I love religion too, man. But seriously the Bible aint got NOTHING to tell you about the early history of man. Sorry. You are just gonna mess up this discussion.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 1:13am On Nov 24, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
Germans are Romans. And are children of Esau/Edom.

There's no passage in the Bible that supports this.....
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 24, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
Germans are Romans. And are children of Esau/Edom. Listen most people here know zero history. Why do you think their are so many books and none of them can tell you who you are. Listen to the wisest man ever to work the earth. Solomon in Ecclesiastes 12:12

Um...No. Heck the Romans never even conquered the Germanic people for them to even be Roman citizens.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Fulaman198(m): 1:23am On Nov 24, 2013
Dibiachukwu:

I'm sorry, not true at all friend.

The first human fossils were found in what is today southern Africa.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Dibiachukwu: 1:51am On Nov 24, 2013
Fulaman198:

I'm sorry, not true at all friend.

The first human fossils were found in what is today non-arab Africa.
Listen You people can make as many books as you want. This is what Solomon the wise said

Ecclesiastes 12

12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there
is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

I will listen to him

This is prophecy of Israel joining the Egyptians in the nether parts of the earth. (Southern Africa Area). The bible also calls the condition of those people hell.

Ezekiel 31

9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the
trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.
16 I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down
to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the
choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the
nether parts of the earth.
18 To whom art thou thus like in glory and in greatness among the trees of
Eden? yet shalt thou be brought down with the trees of Eden unto the nether
parts of the earth: thou shalt lie in the midst of the uncircumcised with them
that be slain by the sword. This is Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the
Lord GOD.

It is moronic for a christain that claims to believe the bible to turn around and say that Africa is the mother land. Where the bible clearly says it is eden.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Dibiachukwu: 1:59am On Nov 24, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Um...No. Heck the Romans never even conquered the Germanic people for them to even be Roman citizens.
How come romans are now there in Japhet. According to the bible, that area was populated by Japhet.
Germanic tribes is just like saying African tribes. Both peoples are definitely neither of both. They name any place they conquer according to their names. It is just like saying African tribes. Which is ridiculous.

Germany = Germania = Temania = Temanya = Teman

Genesis 36
9 And these are the generations of Esau the father of the Edomites in mount
Seir:
10 These are the names of Esau's sons; Eliphaz the son of Adah the wife of
Esau, Reuel the son of Bashemath the wife of Esau.
11 And the sons of Eliphaz were Teman, Omar, Zepho, and Gatam, and Kenaz.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Epic Photo Of King Jaja Of Opobo / Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi Celebrates Her Mother's Birthday (Pictures) / Alaafin Of Oyo And His Wives Attend Juma'at Prayers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.