Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,337 members, 7,971,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 03:47 AM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (204226 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Miner13: 9:15am On Nov 24, 2013
kolidave: na still 1st semester oooo,we never even dream say we wan write exam due to internal strikes
wic skul b dat
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by MrGattuso(m): 9:19am On Nov 24, 2013
Miner13:
why don't you point out areas that need correction and leave na me shabi all
Miner13:
Miner13:
can't u see his grammatical flaws? Any verb that comes after has, have or had should be in it's past participle form not in the present form. To point just one of the flaws out, it should be 'has turned' not 'has turn' as it was used above dude.

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Miner13: 9:25am On Nov 24, 2013
Mr Gattuso: [i][/i] can't u see his grammatical flaws? Any verb that comes after has, have or had should be in it's past participle form not in the present form. To point just one of the flaws out, it should be 'has turned' not 'has turn' as it was used above dude.
are saying you can pen down a write up without flaws. Remember no one absolute no is perfect and dynamic in writing.
You could have just pointed out the flaws instead of that deflamatory comment
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 9:35am On Nov 24, 2013
Ptoocool:

Who dey ask dis one tori..
Abeg park well make ï c beta post..
don't be an asss. Must u attack him? And for ur stupid questions,if u had seeing eyes u would ave noticed that I asked him for his tori.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 9:38am On Nov 24, 2013
Miner13:
wic skul b dat
EKSU
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 24, 2013
Ptoocool:

Who dey ask dis one tori..
Abeg park well make ï c beta post..
i am sure you are in pre degree, kid better get a life dont be a public nuisance
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Sodiq3(m): 10:00am On Nov 24, 2013
Mr Gattuso: [i][/i] can't u see his grammatical flaws? Any verb that comes after has, have or had should be in it's past participle form not in the present form. To point just one of the flaws out, it should be 'has turned' not 'has turn' as it was used above dude.
'Impeccable writers are those who never wrote'..bro

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Hardeshyna(m): 10:45am On Nov 24, 2013
Emzybrown:
what semester are u guys in? Sorry ok in my 5 yearz in university, i have witnessd enough strike capable of causing heart attack, countless ASUU national and internal strike, with even southeast universities joint strike. I am suppose to be a graduate by july ending but now am already in my 6th year for 5 years courze.
am tru wif my final exams...ve submitted my project. ..jst to defend d project remain wey ASUU scored a goal.... I suppose dey service now buh dem dun delay me....... dey can only delay me..dey cant stop Allah's work from manifesting. .... @funaab
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ptoocool(m): 11:21am On Nov 24, 2013
kolidave: don't be an asss. Must u attack him? And for ur stupid questions,if u had seeing eyes u would ave noticed that I asked him for his tori.

Be lyk say don lost one of ur eyes, or evén both..
If U̶̲̥̅̊ want to ask α question, U̶̲̥̅̊ shud hv done dat privately not on posts..
Dis ain'Ŧ α Qn'Α thread..

Dumbasses..
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ptoocool:

Be lyk say don lost one of ur eyes, or evén both..
If U̶̲̥̅̊ want to ask α question, U̶̲̥̅̊ shud hv done dat privately not on posts..
Dis ain'Ŧ α Qn'Α thread..

Dumbasses..
its not like I derailed the thread, so why e con dey bite u. Besides its still the same tin we r talking about. Education(ASUU strike)
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
Hardeshyna:
am tru wif my final exams...ve submitted my project. ..jst to defend d project remain wey ASUU scored a goal.... I suppose dey service now buh dem dun delay me....... dey can only delay me..dey cant stop Allah's work from manifesting. .... @funaab
bro my mates for private uni dey internship since last year..e no go better 4 ASUU

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by DonaldsN(m): 12:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
ASUU ends meeting, to brief FG on
outcome Academic Staff Union of Universities has
maintained sealed lips on the outcome of
its National Executive Committee
meeting held at the Bayero University,
Kano, between Thursday and Friday.
The meeting had raised hopes of parents
of undergraduates that the lingering
strike of lecturers of public universities
would be suspended.
However, the union has refused to
communicate the outcome of the meeting
to the press.
Attempts made on Saturday to get
principal officers of ASUU to speak on
the meeting proved abortive.
When contacted, the Chairman, Nasarawa
State University, Dr. Theophilus Lagi,
said only the ASUU National President,
Dr. Nasir Faggae, could speak on the
matter.
However, several calls to Faggae’s
phone went unanswered.
Reporters had on Friday made frantic
efforts to locate the venue of the meeting
without success.
ASUU had penultimate Tuesday
cancelled its earlier scheduled NEC
meeting in Kano due to the death of its
former president, Prof. Festus Iyayi.
Iyayi died when the vehicle he was
travelling with other national officers
from Benin to Kano got involved in a
crash with the convoy of Kogi Governor,
Idris Wada.
Earlier, President Goodluck Jonathan, at
a meeting with ASUU leadership, had
offered to inject N220bn into the
universities yearly for the next five
years.
ASUU, at the meeting, promised to take
the message to its members across the
country.
The meeting was to collate feedback from
its various chapters on the fresh offer
by the Federal Government.
Investigation by SUNDAY PUNCH has,
however, revealed that the silence by
ASUU may be to keep to the assurance it
gave to President Jonathan that the body
would first brief him on the outcome of
its NEC meeting before making it public.
A member of the union’s executive body
told Sunday Punch, “A promise was
made to the President to have him
informed before ASUU goes public. That
promise will be kept tomorrow when the
President comes back.”
Meanwhile, the Federal Government on
Saturday, again, appealed to ASUU to
call off the strike it embarked upon over
four months ago in the interest the
students.
The Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi
Okonjo-Iweala, made this appeal while
speaking with journalists after she was
conferred with an honourary Doctorate
Degree in Accounting by the Oduduwa
University, Ipetumodu.
The university also conferred the
Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria,
Lamido Sanusi, with an honourary
Doctorate Degree in Economics at a
ceremony attended by dignitaries,
including the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade
Sijuwade and former Minister of Water
Resources, Mr. Bashir Awotorebo.
Okonjo-Iweala said, “I am appealing to
ASUU to call off the strike in the interest
of the students. The government, on its
part, is committed to tackling the rot in
the education sector. The Federal
Government has acceded to most of the
demands made by ASUU.
“Federal Government has set aside
N220bn yearly for the development of
tertiary institutions in the country. This
is part of measures by the President
Goodluck Jonathan-led administration to
develop the education sector.”
The minister also called on well-
meaning Nigerians to invest in the
education sector, saying investment in
the sector would have a huge impact on
the economy. http://www.punchng.com/news/ASUU-ends-meeting-to-brief-fg-on-outcome/
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Johnklein(m): 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
Donalds N: ASUU ends meeting, to brief FG on
outcome Academic Staff Union of Universities has
maintained sealed lips on the outcome of
its National Executive Committee
meeting held at the Bayero University,
Kano, between Thursday and Friday.
The meeting had raised hopes of parents
of undergraduates that the lingering
strike of lecturers of public universities
would be suspended.
However, the union has refused to
communicate the outcome of the meeting
to the press.
Attempts made on Saturday to get
principal officers of ASUU to speak on
the meeting proved abortive.
When contacted, the Chairman, Nasarawa
State University, Dr. Theophilus Lagi,
said only the ASUU National President,
Dr. Nasir Faggae, could speak on the
matter.
However, several calls to Faggae’s
phone went unanswered.
Reporters had on Friday made frantic
efforts to locate the venue of the meeting
without success.
ASUU had penultimate Tuesday
cancelled its earlier scheduled NEC
meeting in Kano due to the death of its
former president, Prof. Festus Iyayi.
Iyayi died when the vehicle he was
travelling with other national officers
from Benin to Kano got involved in a
crash with the convoy of Kogi Governor,
Idris Wada.
Earlier, President Goodluck Jonathan, at
a meeting with ASUU leadership, had
offered to inject N220bn into the
universities yearly for the next five
years.
ASUU, at the meeting, promised to take
the message to its members across the
country.
The meeting was to collate feedback from
its various chapters on the fresh offer
by the Federal Government.
Investigation by SUNDAY PUNCH has,
however, revealed that the silence by
ASUU may be to keep to the assurance it
gave to President Jonathan that the body
would first brief him on the outcome of
its NEC meeting before making it public.
A member of the union’s executive body
told Sunday Punch, “A promise was
made to the President to have him
informed before ASUU goes public. That
promise will be kept tomorrow when the
President comes back.”
Meanwhile, the Federal Government on
Saturday, again, appealed to ASUU to
call off the strike it embarked upon over
four months ago in the interest the
students.
The Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi
Okonjo-Iweala, made this appeal while
speaking with journalists after she was
conferred with an honourary Doctorate
Degree in Accounting by the Oduduwa
University, Ipetumodu.
The university also conferred the
Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria,
Lamido Sanusi, with an honourary
Doctorate Degree in Economics at a
ceremony attended by dignitaries,
including the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade
Sijuwade and former Minister of Water
Resources, Mr. Bashir Awotorebo.
Okonjo-Iweala said, “I am appealing to
ASUU to call off the strike in the interest
of the students. The government, on its
part, is committed to tackling the rot in
the education sector. The Federal
Government has acceded to most of the
demands made by ASUU.
“Federal Government has set aside
N220bn yearly for the development of
tertiary institutions in the country. This
is part of measures by the President
Goodluck Jonathan-led administration to
develop the education sector.”
The minister also called on well-
meaning Nigerians to invest in the
education sector, saying investment in
the sector would have a huge impact on
the economy. http://www.punchng.com/news/ASUU-ends-meeting-to-brief-fg-on-outcome/
where dd dat empty newspaper callrd tribune got there own silly news,shits, our hope is not dashed @tribune but rises. tribune only good at spreading -ve news
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
Johnklein:
where dd dat empty newspaper callrd tribune got there own silly news,shits, our hope is not dashed @tribune but rises. tribune only good at spreading -ve news
thats why i buy there paper juxt to clean poo
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by falconey(m): 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2013
If goodluck self come say make dem come next month nko? Because d guy self sick him just dey recover.....any way.....make dem do dre nonsense dis year next year na school......if dem call off strike d 1st tin na for dose fools to upload admission list finish and tell aspirant to come pay money......dem poor pass paul now...........
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 24, 2013
Johnklein:
I wonder o.....watched d news on Tvc and they said that the lecturers have agreed to call off the strike, that the meeting with Jonathan is to clear up some issues.....
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
Just In:

# ASUU Strike will be officially called off on
TUESDAY after the unions meeting with the
President tomorrow by 6.30pm on the outcome
of their meeting held secretly. Meanwhile,
Universities authorities across Nigeria has been
secretly instrusted by the union to release their
resumption date before 30th of Nov. 2013.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by LizyL: 1:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
if after they meet the president tomorrow and there's no positive outcome then I know that this whole thing is politicized and not for the betterment of he students. let's hope for something good tomorrow guys
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by doofanc: 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
Daniyemi: Just In:

we hope soooo. five bloody months at home, e no esay at all
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Sodiq3(m): 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
Daniyemi: Just In:

source or na sauce sef?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ptoocool(m): 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2013
Emzybrown: i am sure you are in pre degree, kid better get a life dont be a public nuisance

HELLo MR Post Degree
I won't blame you..
Ain'Ŧ got no tym to banter words with toddlers..

PS: I've gotten mine, get yours real soon the clock'ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ ticking fast boi..
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ptoocool:

HELLo MR Post Degree
I won't blame you..
Ain'Ŧ got no tym to banter words with toddlers..

PS: I've gotten mine, get yours real soon the clock'ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ ticking fast boi..
swerve
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by luvola(m): 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2013
Finance minister appealed to ASUU to suspend strike :

Nigerian Minister of Finance [ Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala ] has appealed to the striking Academic Staff Union of Universities [ ASUU ] to end their five [ 5 ] month old industrial action.
The minister revealed this at the Oduduwa University where she was conferred with a Honourary Degree in Accounting.
She said, “I am appealing to striking lecturers [ASUU] to call off the strike in the interest of the students. The Federal government, on its part, is committed to solve the rot in the sector of Education. The Federal Government has meet most of the demands made by ASUU.
“Federal Government has set aside Two hundred and twenty billion [N220bn] yearly for the tertiary institutions development in the country. This is part of steps by the President Jonathan administration to develop the education sector.”
Meanwhile ASUU is expected to reveal the decision reached at its NEC in Kano on Saturday to President Jonathan on Monday.
Information that leaked to reporters depict that the striking Union may not call of the strike after all as certain sections of the group are calling for increased compensation and increased allowances.

http://www.nairacity..com/2013/11/dr-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-appealed-to-ASUU.html

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by jayjam(m): 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
An ASUU member from OAU has just hinted me that the strike is as good as being over but the meeting with the president tomorrow is as a result of their promise to bring back their resolve to the state house after the collation of views from their member unis.He finally said by tuesday schools should be opened for business but expressed pessimism at any chance of OAU resuming this year #Dr Ogunfowokan,chemistry dept,OAU

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Akin89(m): 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2013
oau.........chai..........tobbie9 i dey hail o
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Pennywise(m): 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
If Jonathan is serious about his call for a reform of labour laws including that establishing ASUU, he will not dignify this body of rascals with another meeting. He should ignore them. But then again, the president is clueless. He should not cause problems for the next government by making promises that cannot be fulfilled. SSANU and NASU have expressed willingness to proceed on their own strike if they are not accommodated.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Holadokun(m): 4:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
ASUU strike will be called off SOON, that "soon" is similar to the one in "Jesus is coming SOON".®®® grin I REP AAUA... BT NT APY ABT DIS STRIKE

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by fesdo(m): 4:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
Government should take a closer look at ASUU as funding is not problem in the sector........you have to think of what impact sorting, admission frauds, molestation of female students by lecturers have on education.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2013
Holadokun: ASUU strike will be called off SOON, that "soon" is similar to the one in "Jesus is coming SOON".®®® grin I REP AAUA... BT NT APY ABT DIS STRIKE

Lol
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by 190: 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
Holadokun: ASUU strike will be called off SOON, that "soon" is similar to the one in "Jesus is coming SOON".®®® grin I REP AAUA... BT NT APY ABT DIS STRIKE

Cant breathe grin grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Lizylaw(f): 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
I also dnt see Oau resuming dz year. Even though i seriously pray d strike ends dz month, i already prepared my mind to resume nxt yr.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (109) (Reply)

LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.