Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,909 members, 7,942,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:58 AM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203748 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
Why ASUU should end strike – UNIJOS VC

Vice-Chancellor of the University of Jos, UNIJOS, Prof. Hayward Mafuyai, has appealed to striking lecturers, especially the institution’s local chapter, to accept the offer made by President Goodluck Jonathan at a recent meeting with their leadership and call off their over four-month old strike.
”Continuing the strike will in no way help, but we should take what government has given and press forward for the good of all as no one can deny that this government has done what no government has done in regards to the welfare of ASUU”, he told newsmen at the weekend.
”President Jonathan has done well by looking into the problems of ASUU; my appeal to them is to call off the strike.”
Mafuyai said UNIJOS has been recording various achievements in the area of research which has earned it recognition within and without the country.
He said that the university has been involved in phytomedicine researches for which it won a grant of $8,000,000 for the establishment of African Centre of Excellence sponsored by the World Bank.
”The university has produced anti-diabetic product, anti-hypertensive product, anti-snake venom vaccine and contraceptive product which it wants patented and produced in a commercial quantity “to force the university research out of the shelf for the advancement of the country and we are seeking for industries to partner with us to patent our products from phytomedicines”, the VC said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/ASUU-end-strike-unijos-vc/
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
fesdo: Government should take a closer look at ASUU as funding is not problem in the sector........you have to think of what impact sorting, admission frauds, molestation of female students by lecturers have on education.
u hv spoken well,dose outlined cases or vices r wat destroy d system not lack of fund or materials

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Myself2(m): 4:31pm On Nov 24, 2013
Miner13:
why don't you point out areas that need correction and leave na me shabi all

He doesn't need to,the errors are so glaring and I wonder how the mod happened to be overseeing the education forum

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by adom1(m): 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
NASU, FUTA BRANCH TO PROTEST ON MONDAY OVER EARNED ALLOWANCE
THERE IS STRONG INDICATION THAT NASU, FUTA BRANCH WILL PROTEST ON
MONDAY OVER THE SHODDY MANNER, THE COMMITTEE HANDLING THE SHARING
FORMULA OF THE UNIVERSITY #900M SHARE OF EARNED ALLOWANCE.THEY ALLEGED
THAT THEIR UNION IS BEING SIDELINE IN THE SHARING OF THE MONEY WHICH
THEY CONSIDER UNACCEPTABLE.THEY APPEAL TO MANAGEMENT TO PAY THE MONEY ON MONDAY
WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY OR ELSE TWO GATES LEADING TO UNIVERSITY WILL BE
CLOSED TO TRAFFIC.
THEY WONDERED WHY COMMITTEE SAT TWICE ON THE MATTER WITHOUT CONCRETE
RESOLUTION.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
Emzybrown:
bro my mates for private uni dey internship since last year..e no go better 4 ASUU
cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue tongue :p
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 24, 2013
Sylvyangel: cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue tongue :p
cheesy cheesy
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
The VC of this school wants this strike to stop too? Funny because UNIJOS voted that the strike should continue. . . . Mysteries.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tunex23: 4:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
I trust A.B.U student, they will ballin school immediatly d strike is call off! School alwayz bubbling!

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by bode15: 4:59pm On Nov 24, 2013
jayjam: An ASUU member from OAU has just hinted me that the strike is as good as being over but the meeting with the president tomorrow is as a result of their promise to bring back their resolve to the state house after the collation of views from their member unis.He finally said by tuesday schools should be opened for business but expressed pessimism at any chance of OAU resuming this year #Dr Ogunfowokan,chemistry dept,OAU
I hope the latter part of your post is true and correct cos I don't think I am ready for school
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Sike(m): 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
Make una forget ASUU for now & face una jobs individually.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kaka22(m): 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2013
bode15:
I hope the latter part of your post is true and correct cos I don't think I am ready for school
You better get ready to resume... OAU will resume immediately after ASUU suspends the strike... The maintenance issue is bullshit. I heard the same thing some years ago... NUGA will hold 3weeks after school resumes according to management...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by jayjam(m): 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
bode15:
Well,Trust is a choice
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by detinosa: 5:39pm On Nov 24, 2013
ASUU strike has been called off[color=#006600][/color]
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
I've already packed my bags... [size=14pt]As a matter of fact typin' tis' post I'm on my way to school[/size].... If tis' strike dont get called off... I'm goin' to curse every f*ckin' individual who posted sh*t 'bout it gettin' called off.....

Goin to school yo...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Lizylaw(f): 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2013
kaka22:
You better get ready to resume... OAU will resume immediately after ASUU suspends the strike... The maintenance issue is bullshit. I heard the same thing some years ago... NUGA will hold 3weeks after school resumes according to management...
Are u sure? I also hrd dat Nuga will hold 3wks afta resumption nd at d same time, i hrd we resume 8wks afta d strike. Dunno which to bliv sha
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by chidi2pus(m): 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
Thought unijos chapter was against the strike suspension

Lol

Why the V.C nor go talk shate when them just receive $$$$
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PatEinstEin(m): 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
After this strike I no wan hear off any mumu strike again till I graduate. Amen grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by senrino(m): 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
Pat £inst£in:
After this strike I no wan hear off any mumu strike again till I graduate. Amen grin

Amen ooo grin grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ikhuoria2(m): 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2013
what?....update me pls....anybody?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Samgreguc(m): 6:33pm On Nov 24, 2013
tunex23: but why would any reasonable Govt behave lyk dis nahh, why would they release money to SSANU and NASU when the issues @ hand haven't been solve.... Na wa o for jonah, anyway hustle continue till further notice!
am sorry bt,
YOU. ARE. A. FFFOOOO...............LLLLL!

Didn't you read where he said "the University management?" or are you just hell bent on criticizing GEJ?

Grow up bro!
*Sorry for changing your "middle" name to fool.*
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by miss2895(f): 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
Pat £inst£in:
Amen ooo
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ugosample(m): 6:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
detinosa: ASUU strike has been called off[color=#006600][/color]
are you sure?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by nbright: 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2013
The strike has been called off... We should just wait for the official announcement..
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Samgreguc(m): 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
Fynestboi: Why ASUU should end strike – UNIJOS VC

Vice-Chancellor of the University of Jos, UNIJOS, Prof. Hayward Mafuyai, has appealed to striking lecturers, especially the institution’s local chapter, to accept the offer made by President Goodluck Jonathan at a recent meeting with their leadership and call off their over four-month old strike.
”Continuing the strike will in no way help, but we should take what government has given and press forward for the good of all as no one can deny that this government has done what no government has done in regards to the welfare of ASUU”, he told newsmen at the weekend.
”President Jonathan has done well by looking into the problems of ASUU; my appeal to them is to call off the strike.”
Mafuyai said UNIJOS has been recording various achievements in the area of research which has earned it recognition within and without the country.
He said that the university has been involved in phytomedicine researches for which it won a grant of $8,000,000 for the establishment of African Centre of Excellence sponsored by the World Bank.
”The university has produced anti-diabetic product, anti-hypertensive product, anti-snake venom vaccine and contraceptive product which it wants patented and produced in a commercial quantity “to force the university research out of the shelf for the advancement of the country and we are seeking for industries to partner with us to patent our products from phytomedicines”, the VC said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/ASUU-end-strike-unijos-vc/

Isn't this same V.C dat was against the end of the strike?

Oh! He is afraid of death.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kaka22(m): 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
Lizylaw: Are u sure? I also hrd dat Nuga will hold 3wks afta resumption nd at d same time, i hrd we resume 8wks afta d strike. Dunno which to bliv sha
That 8weeks issue is bullshit... 8weeks for what? Maintenance abi... Like I said earlier, I've heard that before and it was false... Why must management wait till after the strike to start maintenance? Were you not in school when Ajose lecture theatre was renovated?... OAU will resume immediately after the strike
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by barbstee(m): 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
I bliv d strike is almost over,Ekiti loading 62.25%.
I rep EKSU
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2013
If ur pastor dey tie red wrapper n him dey rub chalk round
him eye,den u nid to change ur church
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Richiy(f): 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
The fact that we finishd 2nd semester exams wouldnt stop me from nt goin bk o. Am going to be doing 'registration'. This house have tire me.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by oluemmakay(m): 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
Why people plenty on dis thread like this.... No b dis nyt den wan call off strike ooo... Make una go sleep
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PatEinstEin(m): 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
detinosa: ASUU strike has been called off[color=#006600][/color]
nbright: The strike has been called off... We should just wait for the official announcement..
Where una take hear dis one again
SOURCE please?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
angry angry angry angry hate opening this thread
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by chidinwachukwu(m): 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ebonyi State University Just Announced their pulling out of the strike,and will be resuming tommorow 25th November.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (109) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.