Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,799 members, 7,948,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203889 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by westsyde92: 1:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sermwell: you don't know what you are saying! I'm a UNIBEN student and I have never known it for shutting down its activities because of the death of anybody! Please go and get your facts right!
i neva said we goin to shut down fr sumone
wt i said was b4 we goin to be settled fr anytyn afta iyayi burial wud be 3rd week of december
dts if we even resume nxt week
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by techgeek: 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
The Federal Government on Thursday gave the
Academic Staff Union of Universities, one week
ultimatum to call off the ongoing strike.
The acting Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike,
stated this while briefing journalists in Abuja.
Details later.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-gives-ASUU-one-week-ultimatum-to-call-off-strike/
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
Adex099:
you're probably watching the pirated one *Alaba boys @work*
check ur cd well ..u re d one watchin d pirated one u know dey lyk jampackin everytin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 1:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
Elantracey: hahaha....no wahala but hold enough transport fare incase we lost :p
we can neva lost
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by yetunsbay(m): 1:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
Since ASUU don lost public,students,even sm members sympathy d nxt thng na to do "The NEEDFUL".
ASUU!ASUU!ASUU! if una neva get work 4 filling statn pls resume...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
techgeek: The Federal Government on Thursday gave the
Academic Staff Union of Universities, one week
ultimatum to call off the ongoing strike.
The acting Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike,
stated this while briefing journalists in Abuja.
Details later.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-gives-ASUU-one-week-ultimatum-to-call-off-strike/
I'm so eager to hear ASUU's reply to dis directive abi dem never hear ni?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 1:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
Adex099:
runs outta thread.
lmaooooooo. No run na. Na wa ooo
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
odizeey: we can neva lost
no wahala but nor say ah nor tell u o
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by AderibigbeAAA(m): 1:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
Kedro: read the last paragraph of the link you posted.eventually the didnt lose anything
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by lymelyte(m): 1:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sermwell: you don't know what you are saying! I'm a UNIBEN student and I have never known it for shutting down its activities because of the death of anybody! Please go and get your facts right!
Leave d Mugu mk he dey talk anyhw..so na all lecturer for uniben support d strike abi? Na iyayi b d first professor to die for uniben abi?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ayima: 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Fg order will work because ASUU members are divided.I just called some of my close lecturers in my department to form greetings but later i asked them what is happening with the fg,out of 5 i called 4 said they are ready to resume because they are tired of the thing but one said he don't know what to do yet.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kcy(m): 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
ASUU and fg saga..........watch out for the most wanted season sagas
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 1:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ayima: Fg order will work because ASUU members are divided.I just called some of my close lecturers in my department to form greetings but later i asked them what is happening with the fg,out of 5 i called 4 said they are ready to resume because they are tired of the thing but one said he don't know what to do yet.

story story, are the 4 ready to work and forego the 5 months salary?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ayima: 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
You guys should forget about ASUU and pray for me to win 7m.I predicted scores of 5 matches i got 4 correctly yesterday am left with 1 today 7pm thanks for your prayers.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by AderibigbeAAA(m): 1:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
Kedro: read the last paragraph of the link you posted.eventually the didnt lose anything

Yes they didn't lose at last but the federal government will achieve it immediate aim of getting students back to school.

on. the otherhand, the sacked lecturers would have incurred expenses in takin the issue to court which lasted for years .
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Picomon(m): 1:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
During a press briefing in Abuja this morning, the acting
Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike told journalist that
the Federal Government has given the Academic Staff
Union of Universities (ASUU) one week ultimatum to call
off the ongoing strike.
ASUU execs and President Jonathan were supposed to
meet this week but the meeting is yet to hold. The ASUU
strike began July 1, almost 5 months later, no resolution
in sight.

http://www.fleeptalk.com/2013/11/ASUU-strike-update-fg-gives-ASUU-1-week.html?m=0
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 1:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
Elantracey: no wahala but nor say ah nor tell u o
no wahala,following u live
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ayima: You guys should forget about ASUU and pray for me to win 7m.I predicted scores of 5 matches i got 4 correctly yesterday am left with 1 today 7pm thanks for your prayers.
abegiiik, 7m see as u tlk am like say na 5 naira,
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by AderibigbeAAA(m): 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2013

Yes they didn't lose at last but the federal government will achieve it immediate aim of getting students back to school.

on. the otherhand, the sacked lecturers would have incurred expenses in takin the issue to court which lasted for years .
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Can u put it in season 1? Pls! I love dat part dat d Harvard frog z N100B and no kobo more
Elantracey: it's season 5 joor episode 1
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ayima: 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
odizeey: abegiiik, 7m see as u tlk am like say na 5 naira,
My ticket is 16m but they said their potential payout is 7m.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
Jonathan Orders University Authorities To Re-open Schools(full speech).

President Goodluck Jonathan has directed the authorities of all the federal universities in the country to resume academic activities, Thisday reports.

Jonathan said that any lecturer or member of the academic staff that fails to comply with this directive will lose his job.

He directed the school authorities to declare vacant any position of any defaulting member of academic staff.

Pro-Chancellors of Nigerian federal universities, on Wednesday also called on all tertiary institutions in the country to resume.academic activities.

Below is the full text of the address by the Supervising Minister of Education, Barr. Nyesom Wike this morning.

PRESS BRIEFING BY THE SUPERVISING MINISTER OF EDUCATION, CHIEF (BARR) EZENWO NYESOM WIKE ON THE ON GOING INDUSTRIAL STRIKE ACTION BY ASUU ON THURSDAY, 28TH NOVEMBER, 2013

PROTOCOL
You may recall that the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) went on strike on 1st July, 2013 on the grievances of non-implementation of the Federal Government (FGN) / ASUU agreement, signed in 2009.

In reaction, the Federal Government initiated series of meetings between her team led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, including the Honourable Ministers of Education, Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Labour & Productivity, and other top Government officials with the Executive of ASUU. It should be noted that a joint Senate and House Committees on Education also intervened without success. A committee was also inaugurated for the implementation of the Needs Assessment Report.

As a further demonstration of Government’s commitment to resolve the crisis, His Excellency, Architect Namadi Sambo, GCON, Vice – President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on behalf of Government, intervened and invited ASUU to a meeting where the two contentious issues of Earned Academic Allowances and Funding, for the revitalization of the universities, were discussed and resolutions reached. There was still no positive response from ASUU.

Consequently, on 4th November, 2013, in a thirteen hour meeting, His Excellency Mr. President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR met with ASUU Executive, the Labour Union leaders from the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC), where all the issues were resolved and firm commitments made to address the lingering issues.

It is note worthy that Mr. President’s gesture was more than sufficient to guarantee the commitment of Government to address all issues as resolved at the meeting with Mr. President.

At the end of the meeting with Mr. President, the ASUU Executive promised to meet with its NEC to present the resolutions reached and report back by Friday November 8, 2013. It is unfortunate that while traveling to attend the NEC meeting in Kano, we lost a key member and former President of the union, Prof. Festus Iyayi. Government sympathizes with the families of the late Iyayi and ASUU.

It is amazing, however, that three weeks after the meeting with Mr. President, ASUU responded by giving new conditions for suspending the five month old strike.

Government has reviewed the entire situation and come to the conclusion, that the continuation of the strike action is an attempt by ASUU to sabotage all efforts to address the issues.

As a responsible Government we cannot allow the continuous closure of our public universities for this length of time (five months), as this poses danger to the education system, the future of our youths and national development.

Consequently, the Federal Government has directed as follows:
i.All Vice – Chancellors of Federal Universities that are currently on strike should immediately reopen for academic and allied activities as directed by their Pro-Chancellors;
ii.Vice – Chancellors should ensure that staff who resume for work are provided with the enabling environment for academic and allied activities;
iii.Any academic staff who fails to resume on or before the 4th of December, 2013 automatically ceases to be a staff of the institution; and
iv.Vice-Chancellors are also directed to advertise vacancies (internal and external) in their institutions.

The National Universities Commission is hereby directed to monitor the compliance of these directives by the various institutions.

The Federal Government has met all its commitments and obligations with respect to the FG/ASUU 2009 Agreement.

We appeal to all stakeholders to appreciate the position of Government which is in the best interest of our dear country.

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Sodiq3(m): 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
EMERGENCY RECRUITMENT FOR LECTURERS:

Send ur CV b4 Dec 4 if u would like to replace
d striking lecturers. FG vs ASUU

Go and Meet The Pro-Chancellor Of Your
School For More Info.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ayima: My ticket is 16m but they said their potential payout is 7m.
broda which syt abeg abi na for shop?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
Elantracey: wich uni.. grin
Uniport. . . .BTW only five gals in my dept out ov 53 or so
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by philfearon(m): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
Beloxxy: Jonathan orders university
authorities to re-open schools
22 minutes ago
Abuja - President Goodluck Jonathan has directed the
authorities of all the federal universities in the
country to resume academic activities, Thisday
reports.
Jonathan said that any lecturer or member of the
academic staff that fails to comply with this directive
will lose his job.
He directed the school authorities to declare vacant
any position of any defaulting member of academic
staff.
Pro-Chancellors of Nigerian federal universities, on
Wednesday also called on all tertiary institutions in
the country to resume.academic activities.
Developing story on Thisday
Force? makes them more determined!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fishoy(f): 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
Abeg!!is it tru unibuja called off strike??
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Dannyxy(m): 1:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
Who dey find lecturer work?, oya make una come my school sharp sharp..
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
screenagerjoe: Uniport. . . .BTW only five gals in my dept out ov 53 or so
we re about 20 out of about 150
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by philfearon(m): 1:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
oluafolabi: Jonathan Orders University Authorities To Re-open Schools(full speech).

President Goodluck Jonathan has directed the authorities of all the federal universities in the country to resume academic activities, Thisday reports.

Jonathan said that any lecturer or member of the academic staff that fails to comply with this directive will lose his job.

He directed the school authorities to declare vacant any position of any defaulting member of academic staff.

Pro-Chancellors of Nigerian federal universities, on Wednesday also called on all tertiary institutions in the country to resume.academic activities.

Below is the full text of the address by the Supervising Minister of Education, Barr. Nyesom Wike this morning.

PRESS BRIEFING BY THE SUPERVISING MINISTER OF EDUCATION, CHIEF (BARR) EZENWO NYESOM WIKE ON THE ON GOING INDUSTRIAL STRIKE ACTION BY ASUU ON THURSDAY, 28TH NOVEMBER, 2013

PROTOCOL
You may recall that the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) went on strike on 1st July, 2013 on the grievances of non-implementation of the Federal Government (FGN) / ASUU agreement, signed in 2009.

In reaction, the Federal Government initiated series of meetings between her team led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, including the Honourable Ministers of Education, Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Labour & Productivity, and other top Government officials with the Executive of ASUU. It should be noted that a joint Senate and House Committees on Education also intervened without success. A committee was also inaugurated for the implementation of the Needs Assessment Report.

As a further demonstration of Government’s commitment to resolve the crisis, His Excellency, Architect Namadi Sambo, GCON, Vice – President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on behalf of Government, intervened and invited ASUU to a meeting where the two contentious issues of Earned Academic Allowances and Funding, for the revitalization of the universities, were discussed and resolutions reached. There was still no positive response from ASUU.

Consequently, on 4th November, 2013, in a thirteen hour meeting, His Excellency Mr. President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR met with ASUU Executive, the Labour Union leaders from the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC), where all the issues were resolved and firm commitments made to address the lingering issues.

It is note worthy that Mr. President’s gesture was more than sufficient to guarantee the commitment of Government to address all issues as resolved at the meeting with Mr. President.

At the end of the meeting with Mr. President, the ASUU Executive promised to meet with its NEC to present the resolutions reached and report back by Friday November 8, 2013. It is unfortunate that while traveling to attend the NEC meeting in Kano, we lost a key member and former President of the union, Prof. Festus Iyayi. Government sympathizes with the families of the late Iyayi and ASUU.

It is amazing, however, that three weeks after the meeting with Mr. President, ASUU responded by giving new conditions for suspending the five month old strike.

Government has reviewed the entire situation and come to the conclusion, that the continuation of the strike action is an attempt by ASUU to sabotage all efforts to address the issues.

As a responsible Government we cannot allow the continuous closure of our public universities for this length of time (five months), as this poses danger to the education system, the future of our youths and national development.

Consequently, the Federal Government has directed as follows:
i.All Vice – Chancellors of Federal Universities that are currently on strike should immediately reopen for academic and allied activities as directed by their Pro-Chancellors;
ii.Vice – Chancellors should ensure that staff who resume for work are provided with the enabling environment for academic and allied activities;
iii.Any academic staff who fails to resume on or before the 4th of December, 2013 automatically ceases to be a staff of the institution; and
iv.Vice-Chancellors are also directed to advertise vacancies (internal and external) in their institutions.

The National Universities Commission is hereby directed to monitor the compliance of these directives by the various institutions.

The Federal Government has met all its commitments and obligations with respect to the FG/ASUU 2009 Agreement.

We appeal to all stakeholders to appreciate the position of Government which is in the best interest of our dear country.
O boy!
All i see here is Federal Universities,what of the State Varsities? Them de fight other peoples fight?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by fashoo2010(m): 2:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
"@NigeriaNewsdesk: [YNaija] University of Abuja directs students to resume on Sunday http:///bewUJp5bAR"
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by smithutomi: 2:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
mi xpressive: The thread comes alive...
Hehehehe. ..abi. it was abt to slip b4

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (109) (Reply)

LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.