Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,989 members, 7,873,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:27 AM

How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? (15226 Views)

CN Cars: We Sell Used & Tokunbo Vehicles! / New Tariff On Importation of Tokunbo Cars Postponed??? / TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 22, 2013
What is going to be like for Naija auto dealers? I guess there is going to be surged in cross border activities at Cotonou borders from 2014. Hope the ban wont affect importation of used vehicle parts.
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
well less cars means fewer merchandise and hence they mark up the price of what they have to make profit. so look for cars to get more expensive
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by dxcharles(m): 5:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
more money fr car dealers imho
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by GHANAOGA: 5:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
wink grin

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Irises(m): 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
fourth to comment. hahahaha. thank God. i have nothing to say, bye

5 Likes

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by strangest(m): 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
If you already have tokunbo cars in the country... I guess its time to make big money
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by nnemmpi(m): 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
These policy will encourage smulgling,chikina
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by bigass(f): 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
moderator why put this on homepage. theres no such thing as a ban on used vehicles. just increased import tarrifs

9 Likes

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by gidigbi(m): 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
@OP, there is an ongoing discussion in this direction.

kindly follow link and read through to get best of information from the nairaland community.

https://www.nairaland.com/1526164/toyota-camry-cost-n20-million
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Irises(m): 5:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
whether there is a ban or no ban, used vehicles will come. una no sabi Nigerians oo
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
GHANA OGA: wink grin
upgrade that ya snail network provider bruv. ghana tinz grin grin
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Irises(m): 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
gidigbi: @OP, there is an ongoing discussion in this direction.

kindly follow link and read through to get best of information from the nairaland community.

https://www.nairaland.com/1526164/toyota-camry-cost-n20-million
what has nairaland community got to do with toyota camry 20 million. you guys really know how to do business

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by israel007: 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
I've never seen a wicked policy like this one. Omg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by gidigbi(m): 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
Irises:
what has nairaland community got to do with toyota camry 20 million. you guys really know how to do business

With due respect, its not the camry we are looking at here but how the new import duty/tariff which were elaborated by different nairalanders will affect acquiring a tokunbo car.

Nobody dey do business o grin, just making reference for people to read and know more. Hope I am clear to an extent on that Sir.

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by slightlyMad(f): 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
guess thats why belle dey run dem, dem neva know
glutton

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by slimthugchimee(m): 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
Im no concern me mtcheww abeg fp things
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by tayoxx(m): 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
Omo NA to go import cars now o....if I import am now I no go sell am...I go wait till d ban start b4 I sell am...nna I go make double gain...den I go buy ogogoro for Jonathan as thank u for baning it

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Akshow: 5:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
Na wa o. Make them let me buy my ride first o. I never get money for tear rubber.
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Irises(m): 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2013
tayo_xx: Omo NA to go import cars now o....if I import am now I no go sell am...I go wait till d ban start b4 I sell am...nna I go make double gain...den I go buy ogogoro for Jonathan as thank u for baning it
your own no sweet grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by inspiredm(m): 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
2014 is Our Year of Prosperity, We ( Association of Nigerian Car Dealers ) Shall Make SO Much Money Like Never Before. cheesy

Thank God WE Chose to be Car Dealers and Nigerians, BADDEST Combo. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by 9jahubcom(m): 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
nor go easy
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by geeworld1(m): 6:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
Irises: fourth to comment. hahahaha. thank God. i have nothing to say, bye
Grow up, ur getting old......

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Equilibrium41(m): 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]wer nigerians go get money buy new cars...... naija govt i tire 4 unah oooo undecided
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by mrphysics(m): 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
oh last to comment. i will make it someday, just like apostle paul said, "i will fight a gud fight of faith, i will finish d race, i will keep d faith", dough am yet to achieve dat, bt one day i will. icerx shud pls contact me via my email. oh send his/her email to mine. njokuchuks4u@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Irises(m): 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
geeworld1:
Grow up, ur getting old......
grow down, ur getting young. olodo grin grin grin
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Irises(m): 6:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
mrphysics: oh last to comment. i will make it someday, just like apostle paul said, "i will fight a gud fight of faith, i will finish d race, i will keep d faith", dough am yet to achieve dat, bt one day i will. icerx shud pls contact me via my email. oh send his/her email to mine. njokuchuks4u@gmail.com
u preach finish then end for email. na wa oo
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Provie(m): 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
It wil crash many dealers' business; because many wil in speculation stock cars at high rates only 2 discover later dat d ban wont be implemented!

3 Likes

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by tomsongz(m): 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
Na wa o
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by texaco1: 6:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
Op ,if you look deep you will see that there is big potentials for nigerian business men. Try to always find the loophole in any new policy without contravening the law and exploit it to your advantage .that is the name of the game
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by ayusco85(m): 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2013
Akpos called his girlfriend, Joy, on phone, but unfortunately her father, an Army General picked the call:

General: Hello! May I know you?

Caller (Akpos): Sorry I want to speak with Joy, sir.

General: I said who are you and why are you calling my daughter?

Akpos: (Akpos knew he had to act fast) Okay Sir, I am FRANK EDOHO from WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE. Joy’s friend is presently on hot seat and needs her help to answer a question for 2 Million Naira. So the next voice you hear after is hers, the time starts now…….

General: Ooh am very sorry!!! Joy! Joy!! Pls take your phone your friend needs your
help………..
Akpos: The question is, when are you coming tomorrow? A. Morning, B. Afternoon, C.Evening, D. Night. Joy: D. Night.

Akpos: Are you sure? Final answer?.

Joy: Yes am very sure!
Akpos: okay, greet that father of yours for me

ONE WORD FOR AKPOS

9 Likes

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by mu2sa2: 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
Irises: fourth to comment. hahahaha. thank God. i have nothing to say, bye
But u have said something i.e said u have nothing to say! If u have nothing to say don't post anything otherwise u expose urself as mumu 1st class.
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by sCun: 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
They will concenterate on Nigerian made cars. I know some people who use Innoson SUVs and pickup trucks. They haven't had any complains so far.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: 2010 Toyota Corolla ₦ 1,150,000 (negotiable) + Free Test Drive / Thank You, Kakakibuy. You Deserve All The Accolades!! / 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser For Sale Cheap!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.