Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,791 members, 7,875,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:44 AM

How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? (15227 Views)

CN Cars: We Sell Used & Tokunbo Vehicles! / New Tariff On Importation of Tokunbo Cars Postponed??? / TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by chuksanene: 8:23am On Nov 23, 2013
Pls.can someone help ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ Oº°˚ ˚°ºoo .what is d cost of shipping a carr from europe.just shipment.thanks
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 23, 2013
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 23, 2013
fatwallet: Nigeria will never really develop even if you build the tallest building there,even if toyota ,GM and BMW move everything there.
let me tell you something my friend Nigerians as a people do not have a civilized progressive mentality,Nigerian climate and environment and perceptive reality is not conducive for an advanced nation. its hard to explain,i mean in the U.S ,switzerland or Japan even without skyscrapers the Nature and perceptive reality and awareness is just good enough. the natural beauty of those nations are mindblowing.
even Southern Africa (Swaziland,Botswana,Namibia,zimbabwe ,South Africa)nhas a better Climate (subtropical) than western Africa.when you guys compare Nigeria and South Africa ,its pointless. Nigeria can only be facelifted a bit but I cant see Nigeria or west africa being first world .

let me tell you some benefits of migrating to North America,europe,japan , australia etc
1. 4 different beautiful seasons
2. Nature: snow capped mountains,Vast Lands ,Beautiful beaches, Blue sky,sunset, Fresh Air.and many many more. thats why no sane nigerian will ever return back.

Sir we arent absolute irredeemable, though things are pretty bad now.

Sir, we arent irredeeemable
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by MrEverest(m): 9:19am On Nov 23, 2013
ayusco85: Akpos called his girlfriend, Joy, on phone, but unfortunately her father, an Army General picked the call:

General: Hello! May I know you?

Caller (Akpos): Sorry I want to speak with Joy, sir.

General: I said who are you and why are you calling my daughter?

Akpos: (Akpos knew he had to act fast) Okay Sir, I am FRANK EDOHO from WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE. Joy’s friend is presently on hot seat and needs her help to answer a question for 2 Million Naira. So the next voice you hear after is hers, the time starts now…….

General: Ooh am very sorry!!! Joy! Joy!! Pls take your phone your friend needs your
help………..
Akpos: The question is, when are you coming tomorrow? A. Morning, B. Afternoon, C.Evening, D. Night. Joy: D. Night.

Akpos: Are you sure? Final answer?.

Joy: Yes am very sure!
Akpos: okay, greet that father of yours for me

ONE WORD FOR AKPOS

OMG this is absolutely hilarious, Akpos is a smart dude!
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by texaco1: 9:27am On Nov 23, 2013
Sunglow: Bro its obvious you know something....the advantages of this policy. Would you be so kind to let me in on the catch tongue tongue grin
people will tend to import more from cotonu and other land borders,the price of cars will go up,only the very rich will be able to use the nigeria port and they will only buy cars that are really expensive . The bottom line is there will be a rise in the number of middle men that can help people get cars at an affordable rate it is most likely that the demand for cars will outstrip the supply.
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by MrEverest(m): 9:36am On Nov 23, 2013
fatwallet: Nigeria will never really develop even if you build the tallest building there,even if toyota ,GM and BMW move everything there.
let me tell you something my friend Nigerians as a people do not have a civilized progressive mentality,Nigerian climate and environment and perceptive reality is not conducive for an advanced nation. its hard to explain,i mean in the U.S ,switzerland or Japan even without skyscrapers the Nature and perceptive reality and awareness is just good enough. the natural beauty of those nations are mindblowing.
even Southern Africa (Swaziland,Botswana,Namibia,zimbabwe ,South Africa)has a better Climate (subtropical) than western Africa .when you guys compare Nigeria and South Africa ,its pointless (totally different climate and vibe). Nigeria can only be facelifted a bit but I cant see Nigeria or west africa being first world .

let me tell you some benefits of migrating to North America,europe,japan , australia etc . you dont have to be rich to feel good.even if a great depression occured or even if there was no electricity I would honestly prefer to use a lantern living in a cabin in the U.S than Banana Island,infact it would be my pleasure. I prefer to drive cab in New York or be a farmer in USA than live in Maitama. .
1. 4 different beautiful seasons (colourful trees,sprouting lilies etc)
2. Nature: snow capped mountains,Vast Lands ,Beautiful beaches,Rolling Hills , Blue sky,sunset, Fresh Air.and many many more I cant remember now . thats why no sane Nigeria will ever return back.
In North America when you get pissed or broke you just go for a walk at the park,bike ride or for a drive .
don't let any i.diot deceive you. as for me even if they transfer the hollywood sign,Wallstreet and world trade centre to Nigeria I will live and die here in my adopted country,I dont even want my corpse in Nigeria. I'm not saying God Punish Naija o but all i'm saying is God bless the U.S.A

JESUS! I can't believe a supposedly Nigerian Immigrant sojourning in the states actually wrote this dumb and silly post! God, this is inferiority complex at its peak, dude, you are a disgrace! So in your warped reasoning or is it lack of it, you imagined it is only temperate countries that are developed? Now FYI, Australia, Brazil, UAE, Isreal etc are very hot and humid countries even more than Nigeria, yet they are moving into first world countries. "I prefer to drive cab in New York or be a farmer in USA than live in Maitama" what a slave mentality, you will prefer to be seen as a sub human black niggar than live in opulence and dignity, what a shame! Nigeria is as beautiful as any of those countries you mentioned(nature wise) I bet you have not been to Obudu cattle ranch, Jos plateau, calabar, Mambilla montane areas, Ogbunike cave, Olumo rock, Mambila falls, Oguta lake, Osun Osogbo groove etc the list is endless. Dude, one word to describe you is pathetic!

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 23, 2013
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by sCun: 9:43am On Nov 23, 2013
upengineer:

I dont think you had board any Innoson bus once from Lagos to the East. If you had board one then you will know that Innoson still has along way to go
Can you tell us exactly what your experience was like? Are you one of those who just enjoy putting down anything Nigerian?
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by sCun: 9:48am On Nov 23, 2013
gtrust:

I beg, how much these Innoson SUVs and Pick-Ups COST

Thank you!
This is their website.
www.innosonivm.com/en/ProductView.Asp?ID=69
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by sCun: 9:54am On Nov 23, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

So you are suggesting that a business should focus on limiting their customers choices, worse still with products of inferior quality?
No scumbag.
They should focus on selling cars that will be unaffordable for a vast majority of their customers.
Did you hear that a brand new Camry might cost as much N20 million when the new policy starts being implemented?
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by sCun: 9:56am On Nov 23, 2013
Vickii Ro:
I tot I ws reading a recurring post until I noticed it ws on different sectns.
Pls go easy on him biko nu
You were reading his posts alone, go through the threads and see what he suffered in my hands.
I am sure he is still on bed now having a nightmare about the absolute pummeling I gave him yesterday.
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by DUNKA(m): 9:59am On Nov 23, 2013
inspired_m: 2014 is Our Year of Prosperity, We ( Association of Nigerian Car Dealers ) Shall Make SO Much Money Like Never Before. cheesy

Thank God WE Chose to be Car Dealers and Nigerians, BADDEST Combo. grin grin

Gbam!
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by lumeneng22: 10:12am On Nov 23, 2013
You are just creating more avenues for fayawos, police, customs etc to make more money ok.

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2013
[quote author
=lumeneng22]You are just creating more avenues for fayawos, police, customs etc to make more money ok.[/quote]
I think that is just it.
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Sunglow: 2:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
texaco1: people will tend to import more from cotonu and other land borders,the price of cars will go up,only the very rich will be able to use the nigeria port and they will only buy cars that are really expensive . The bottom line is there will be a rise in the number of middle men that can help people get cars at an affordable rate it is most likely that the demand for cars will outstrip the supply.
Thanks man!More opportunity to make more money!

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by nep2ra(m): 10:59pm On Nov 23, 2013
fatwallet: shove your obudu ranch,calabar,egyptian history and yankari game reserve in your mosquito bitten/ rashes infested ass .How many people shit in that Oguta Lake daily?even the name is nasty.... Don't you know in the U.S.A ,Australia,etc. millions of people own their private ranches ? you need some geography lessons. UAE ,Israel,and Australia are mediterranean and Subtropical ,comparing American,new zealand or Australian nature to Nigeria is laughable,it's a blasphemy to Almighty God. ever heard or visited the White sands desert in the U.S? hahahaha what a slowpoke.

I prefer living among whites than with i.diots like you who think cab driving or farming is degrading.your mentality sucks, that's why i want my kids to be mixed race and i want them to also marry whites , I would bleach my skin like Michael Jackson, you have a problem with that?
Knowledge is Light,Ignorance is Darkness . you are a slowpoke.

This dude is absolutely hilarious!!! My ribs hurt from laughing so hard. Dude made some points though.

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Sagamite(m): 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
sCun: No scumbag.
They should focus on selling cars that will be unaffordable for a vast majority of their customers.
Did you hear that a brand new Camry might cost as much N20 million when the new policy starts being implemented?

You are a person!

So they should forget variety?

So in your moronic education, you were taught majority of people have the same taste and all businesses should focus on selling only what is cheap and affordable?

Cretinous, illiterate person! grin grin grin grin grin

sCun: No scumbag.

In a failed education system, the person who throws conjectures and sophism is an intellectual champion.

Actually, I am sure a person that says businesses should eliminate their customer's choices is classed as the Michael Porter of the school. A pure "academic" genius of a Nigerian State Poly. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
Did the govt changed the age limit of tokunbo in the new policy?
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by MrEverest(m): 9:14am On Nov 26, 2013
fatwallet: shove your obudu ranch,calabar,egyptian history and yankari game reserve in your mosquito bitten/ rashes infested ass .How many people shit in that Oguta Lake daily?even the name is nasty.... Don't you know in the U.S.A ,Australia,etc. millions of people own their private ranches ? you need some geography lessons. UAE ,Israel,and Australia are mediterranean and Subtropical ,comparing American,new zealand or Australian nature to Nigeria is laughable,it's a blasphemy to Almighty God. ever heard or visited the White sands desert in the U.S? hahahaha what a slowpoke.

I prefer living among whites than with i.diots like you who think cab driving or farming is degrading.your mentality sucks, that's why i want my kids to be mixed race and i want them to also marry whites , I would bleach my skin like Michael Jackson, you have a problem with that?
Knowledge is Light,Ignorance is Darkness . you are a slowpoke.

Your sorry state is beyond redemption re.ter.d, no need trying to talk some sense into a psychopathic junkie like you. I can see you are such a sad and frustrated low-lifer who has no iota of self worth/dignity. Once again, I'm really sorry for your pathetic situation!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: 2010 Toyota Corolla ₦ 1,150,000 (negotiable) + Free Test Drive / 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser For Sale Cheap! / Thank You, Kakakibuy. You Deserve All The Accolades!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.