Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,379 members, 7,881,355 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:37 PM

How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? (15231 Views)

CN Cars: We Sell Used & Tokunbo Vehicles! / New Tariff On Importation of Tokunbo Cars Postponed??? / TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Irises(m): 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
mu2sa2: But u have said something i.e said u have nothing to say! If u have nothing to say don't post anything otherwise u expose urself as mumu 1st class.
see this agavu of the highest specie. how is it your business. use that your olodo eyes and brain well
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Sunglow: 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
texaco1: Op ,if you look deep you will see that there is big potentials for nigerian business men. Try to always find the loophole in any new policy without contravening the law and exploit it to your advantage .that is the name of the game
Bro its obvious you know something....the advantages of this policy. Would you be so kind to let me in on the catch tongue tongue grin
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by gtrust: 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
sCun: They will concenterate on Nigerian made cars. I know some people who use Innoson SUVs and pickup trucks. They haven't had any complains so far.

I beg, how much these Innoson SUVs and Pick-Ups COST

Thank you!
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
inspired_m: 2014 is Our Year of Prosperity, We ( Association of Nigerian Car Dealers ) Shall Make SO Much Money Like Never Before. cheesy

Thank God WE Chose to be Car Dealers and Nigerians, BADDEST Combo. grin grin

sir do u think,an average citizen wont choose to buy okada than a vehicle,only the top class can still keep up such level of luxury,if unless u smuggle

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by upengineer: 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
sCun: They will concenterate on Nigerian made cars. I know some people who use Innoson SUVs and pickup trucks. They haven't had any complains so far.

I dont think you had board any Innoson bus once from Lagos to the East. If you had board one then you will know that Innoson still has along way to go
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by aariwa(m): 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
i forsee cars smuggling from the borders turning into a more organised and dangerous business.This time smugglers will no longer hide from customs men but confront them frontally with machine guns,AK 47S e.c.t
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by bosslife850: 8:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
Any interested woman seeking a 100% discreet relationship with a young , educated and matured guy should contact me for meet up.
You can call text or add me on bbm... 08065099377, 08167950172, 21CAD793.. Any location in Nigeria.
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Sagamite(m): 8:39pm On Nov 22, 2013

You are a person!

So you are suggesting that a business should focus on limiting their customers choices, worse still with products of inferior quality?

1 Like

Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Femoje(m): 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
bigass: moderator why put this on homepage. theres no such thing as a ban on used vehicles. just increased import tarrifs

Thank you my brother, some people just post false information on this forum, there is nothing like ban of used car importation, rather importation charges were only increase, www.thisdaylive.com/articles/aganga-no-ban-on-importation-of-second-hand-vehicles/160654/
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

So you are suggesting that a business should focus on limiting their customers choices with inferior quality?
Sorryy,I knw I'm poke-nosing but wetin dis guy do you?
I've been reading all ur posts since morning nd u've bin calling dis guy a person all day
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Sagamite(m): 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
Vickii Ro:
Sorryy,I knw I'm poke-nosing but wetin dis guy do you?
I've been reading all ur posts since morning nd u've bin calling dis guy a person all day

When Hyena go meet Lion to attack and challenge him, wetin you expect? grin

Hyena = E dead for being foolhardy. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 22, 2013
Sagamite:

When Hyena go meat Lion to attack and challenge him, wetin you expect? grin

Hyena = E dead for being foolhardy. grin grin grin grin grin
I tot I ws reading a recurring post until I noticed it ws on different sectns.
Pls go easy on him biko nu
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Dee60: 9:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
If you smuggle a used car how will you get it registered?

Let everyone raise their voice against this senseless and cruel policy that wants to ensure only government people (remember Stella!) and the super-rich use cars and then the others go with bicycles. That way they do not need to talk about subsidies anymore since there will be far fewer people buying fuel!
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by optimusprime2(m): 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
Trust me, the rate of car theft is going to hit the roof...
all Sienna and Pencil light owners be careful
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
I appreciate contributions from the house.Invariably increase in import tariff is to discourage importation of used vehicles, price margin of lagos cleared vehicles and that of cotonu will become wider and vehicles from Lagos port may not be attractive to naija buyers again.Obasanjo did similar thing while in govt and most car dealers in brussels, belgium even in Nigeria were seriously affected.One got to diversify.
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by cecegorz(m): 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
inspired_m: 2014 is Our Year of Prosperity, We ( Association of Nigerian Car Dealers ) Shall Make SO Much Money Like Never Before. cheesy

Hahahaahahaa! i feel you bro.
It's your season to hammer. Hope you've stocked your warehouse in anticipation.
Meanwhile we need to talk o
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Spirit1(m): 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
If you think that the increase in custom tariff will not take place you are dreaming. Ghana implemented a similar increase by 50% a few weeks ago. Gabon has done the same. The Federal Government is not going back on this. What will happen is simple: the tariff will result in astronomical increase in car prices.
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by viperman: 9:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
Irises: u preach finish then end for email. na wa oo

That guy must be high on feaces...

I'm tempted to do late night TGIF.... just mumbling lipsrsealed
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
Vickii Ro:
Sorryy,I knw I'm lik :-Xe-nosing but wetin dis guy do you?

Do you know the meaning of that word? He say the guy be professor.
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
I dey regret buying a sienna. I have learnt my lessons. Next time, the boys should work while I sip wine...

If they want let them ban or return all used cars in nigeria back to the manufactureres. Me mah cannot go hungry...
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 22, 2013

The Oga has spokencheesy
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
Irises: fourth to comment. hahahaha. thank God. i have nothing to say, bye
What is this IDEOT saying! Mscheeeewww
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Fixed: 11:54pm On Nov 22, 2013
Oga Inspired, I consider this your comment insensitive and I am being modest at that! I checked again to be sure it was you that typed that with your signature font size and color.

Except you are being sracstic, the comment did not show any feeling of sympathy towards your numerous customers. If anything, it portrays you as being interested just in our pockets. Sorry if I am too harsh. I am not just a big fan of yours but a customer who has tasted a good service from you. Granted that you may not be so affected as you will never sell at a loss, but I am already feeling bad as I may not be able to buy the two cars I planned for next year if the effects of this policy is anything to go by!

I am affected by this policy and I feel bad about it truth be told. While the policy has a thrust in the betterment of the country on the long run, the Implementation was not well thought out. There should be some give and take if truly it is meant for the populace. Now where is the Nigerian made vehicle that I will buy in 2014? Innoson?

Well 2014 is truly our year of prosperity and we shall rise above every obstacles.
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by dejibimbo(m): 11:56pm On Nov 22, 2013

bros if u get d money go build car assembling plant...i swear e go b like say u do bloodmonie...cos d increase in tariff is to encourage local car assembling
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by yomaizo87: 4:11am On Nov 23, 2013
Ŋ☺ matter how hard nigeria may be, we shall make our own by G̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴̴͡ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ grace
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by veron007: 6:24am On Nov 23, 2013
All the used car merchants will relocate to Cotonou. Our borders are still porous and customs officers are still as corrupt as ever.
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by 234GT(m): 7:19am On Nov 23, 2013
The car dealers will be the losers. Intending car buyers will simply use their savings to do other things, like build a house, marry a new wife etc.
You think Nigerians are rich? If you see someone driving a pencil camry, do you know how long he saved and denied himself to buy it?
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Bright2(m): 7:25am On Nov 23, 2013
Simply buy your tokumbo car while still abroad, disassemble the engine,car seat,headlamp even the tyres,package them inside the car & send it to Nigeria then it will not be affected by the new duty.When you get to Nigeria you can assemble it back after clearing,then you are good to go!
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by mu2sa2: 7:29am On Nov 23, 2013
Irises: see this agavu of the highest specie. how is it your business. use that your olodo eyes and brain well
Now it's obvious! Sorry, but check out the meaning of mumu.
Re: How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 23, 2013
@inspired_m: 2014 is Our Year of Prosperity, We ( Association of Nigerian Car Dealers ) Shall Make SO Much Money Like Never Before.

Thank God WE Chose to be Car Dealers and Nigerians, BADDEST Combo.

Sir, let me know how this is going to translate to more dough for used auto dealers .Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: 2010 Toyota Corolla ₦ 1,150,000 (negotiable) + Free Test Drive / 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser For Sale Cheap! / A Unique Pre-order By A Unique Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.