Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,682 members, 7,935,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 06:56 PM

Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? (23501 Views)

Well Built & Tastefully House For Sale @ Ifo, Ogun State For #15m. / Well Built 20rooms Self Contain Hostel Located In Ekosodin Uniben For Sale #19M / BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Really, what happened to the beautiful cities africans once lived in? Who bombed them?
The British destroyed Benin City in 1897 with mortar and fire. That was just one of the numerous African civilisations destroyed by foreign invaders. I'm not surprised you don't know anything about African history.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by neohitler(m): 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: Go to a black guy and call him a black ape and see if he doesn't rearrange your pink gorilla and dog face, you stinking devil.
I can say it to your face.Ape
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by coogar: 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
nutty_hnic:
I tire...

the only thing i can blame the brits for is giving us independence in 1960. our independence should have been delayed till 2012 instead of leaving us at the mercy of career criminals we call politicians.

the basic wage of our senators is £122,000 per annum while the minimum wage is £1,000 per annum. a nigerian senator makes twice as much as that of a british MP & yet this rossike is talking rubbish. he would probably blame the west for this wide disparity of wages in nigeria.
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
nutty_hnic:

And suddenly we cant build them anymore?

Africa is filled with beautiful cities. What are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
neohitler:
I can say it to your face.Ape
I can say it to your face.Gorilla
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: The British destroyed Benin City in 1897 with mortar and fire. That was just one of the numerous African civilisations destroyed by foreign invaders. I'm not surprised you don't know anything about African history.

I do know about the benin kingdom, infact i m from there.

What i dont know is how the "african civilisation" you talk about would have been capable of managing todays world....i mean the benin kingdom was marred with witchcraft and killings...
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by adiposus: 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
pappilo: CNN has a show called Inside Africa and its all positive. VOA produce several shows that focus on development in Africa and BBC has a world service that reaches some places where even our own Radio Nigeria does not reach so your story about no positive story on Africa is BS

Oh yes the positive bbc presents are e.g how an african lady based in uk is paying for girl education in her country of birth or how one hiv patient in africa is giving support to others in her country or even how a man living in canada is trying to stop childhood pregnancy in hid country ofbirth in africa...etc

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by tevinsolt: 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: The British destroyed Benin City in 1897 with mortar and fire. That was just one of the numerous African civilisations destroyed by foreign invaders. I'm not surprised you don't know anything about African history.

it's even possible a medieval Europe settlement was properly more developed that what you're so proud of......geez snap out it you have no argument.
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: I can say it to your face.Gorilla

Stop acting childish mehn...
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2013
coogar:

the only thing i can blame the brits for is giving us independence in 1960. our independence should have been delayed till 2012 instead of living us at the mercy of career criminals we call politicians.

the basic wage of our senators is £122,000 per annum while the minimum wage is £1,000 per annum. a nigerian senator makes twice as much as that of a british MP & yet this rossike is talking rubbish. he would probably blame the west for this wide disparity of wages in nigeria.
The Brits ruled Nigeria for 70 years and built one university in that period. Be careful what you wish for.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Raphvizzy(m): 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2013
and yet we speak good of them as if that's where the world ends. ......well shit happens undecided
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2013
adiposus:

Oh yes the positive bbc presents are e.g how an african lady based in uk is paying for girl education in her country of birth or how one hiv patient in africa is giving support to others in her country or even how a man living in canada is trying to stop childhood pregnancy in hid country ofbirth in africa...etc

You shouldnt be here...
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by neohitler(m): 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2013
[quote author=ROSSIKE]I can say it to your face.Gorilla[/quote
Why am i even exchanging words with an inferior being like you.look in the mirror and tell me what you look like...monkey.
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
nutty_hnic:

I do know about the benin kingdom, infact i m from there.

What i dont know is how the "african civilisation" you talk about would have been capable of managing todays world....i mean the benin kingdom was marred with witchcraft and killings...
And you got this information from......whom?

Who killed more people, the Bini or the British who burnt down the entire city?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Truckpusher(m): 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: I haven't. undecided

In fact if I were to base my entire knowledge of Africa on what I see on those channels, I wouldn't believe there was a single storey building standing in the entire African continent.

No wonder when I travel abroad many people ask me questions like: ''Do you have cars in Nigeria?'' ''Do you live in proper houses there?'' ''Wow! You mean you have computers there? Phones too?? Internet! I had no idea!''

Or if they don't ask, they generally give you this condescending look that says ''we know you must be glad to escape your mud hut and lions to come out here... and we know you're not thinking of going back.''.

Quite sad really. This distorted image of the continent accounts for much of the racism and prejudice faced by Africans across the globe.

As soon as they noticed that you're well dressed and properly coordinated they'll start another kind of brainwashing by referring to you as an African American which i vigorously reject with pride and more than happy telling them i'm Nigerian and will always remain one despite the upheavals down here.

I still remember this particular incident in a Korean night club when a Canadian guy started hauling insults on our leaders for being too corrupt despite the oil wealth of which i gave him a simple answer that made him loose his cool.....the rest is now history.

If any white person asks me stupid questions no matter how naive they sound ,i simply give them stupid answers with the ladies being the only exceptions wink...'be nice to ladies' don't they say? grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: And you got this information from......whom?

Who killed more people, the Bini or the British who burnt down the entire city?

That was in response to the murder of captain fredrick...it was war...or better stil a massacre cos the benin couldnt defend them selves
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
neohitler: ......
gorilla,dog,pig hybrid. You're inferior to my toe nail. Return to your trailer park.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
nutty_hnic:

That was in response to the murder of captain fredrick...it was war...or better stil a massacre cos the benin couldnt defend them selves
You consider it civilized to massacre a people and loot their city on the basis of one alleged murder, or on the basis that the people cannot defend themselves?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Bizibi(m): 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
nutty_hnic: They do, do you watch MarketPlace Africa? Sometimes they feature Lagos!

It is safe to say that majority of Africans are pooor, nd thats what the media is concerned about, MAJORITY.

AND THATS WHY THEY INTERVIEW THE COMMON NIGERIAN! NOT YOU THAT STAY AT LEKKI OR VI!

THE WESTERN MEDIA IS CONCERNED ABOUT THE MAJORITY. AFRICA IS A MESS!!!! period.

Its either you as a citizenis contributing to the mess, or you are part of the mess.
it is not that bad at least some countries are getting better Ethiopia is an example

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2013
tevinsolt:

it's even possible a medieval Europe settlement was properly more developed that what you're so proud of......geez snap out it you have no argument.
Snap out of your illiteracy and dumbness and go pick up a book on African history, you stup.id school dropout!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: You consider it civilized to massacre a people and loot their city on the basis of one alleged murder, or on the basis that the people cannot defend themselves?

Leave benin my friend......that town reeked of human blood and human sacrifice. Their traditions were barbaric!!!
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Leave benin my friend......that town reeked of human blood and human sacrifice. Their traditions we barbaric!!!
STFU and go and learn the real history of the place instead of peddling the lies of colonial invaders. Are you really so dumb and lazy that you cannot conduct your own research without referring to colonial handbooks? Just as they misrepresent Africa today is exactly the way they did in the past.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by duni04(m): 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: Snap out of your illiteracy and dumbness and go pick up a book on African history, you stup.id school dropout!
D way u respond to other peoples views and arguments is rili amazing.
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2013
duni04:
D way u respond to other peoples views and arguments is rili amazing.
If you come in here with racist views seeking to place Africans or blacks as inferior to other races, I will insult you. I do not tolerate anti-African or anti-black racism.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
Are you saying human sacrifice didnt exist in benin at an alarming scale?
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
nutty_hnic: Are you saying human sacrifice didnt exist in benin at an alarming scale?
Yes.
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: Yes.

Lol...ok.
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Truckpusher(m): 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Leave benin my friend......that town reeked of human blood and human sacrifice. Their traditions were barbaric!!!
As in seriously......And the thousands of soldiers that died while carrying out the British empire's wish to conquer those ancient African civilizations aren't part of human sacrifice? undecided

My friend don't even go there, because even to this very day the West is still sacrificing their people in their thousands just because they want to conquer ,plunder and loot another region and her resources......it's all human sacrifice on a grand scale that is unprecedented in human history,though i'll excuse you for your low mental comprehension of how things work here in this life.

There is more to everything you see that meets the ordinary eye.......read something and think for yourself and stop relying on CNN and BBC they are the propaganda warhead of the West that are usually well oiled against me and you and our generations unborn......the joke is now on you to avoid being captured in this modern mental slavery.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2013
Truckpusher: As in seriously......And the thousands of soldiers that died while carrying out the British empire's wish to conquer those ancient African civilizations aren't part of human sacrifice? undecided

My friend don't even go there, because even to this very day the West is still sacrificing their people in their thousands just because they want to conquer ,plunder and loot another region and her resources......it's all human sacrifice on a grand scale that is unprecedented in human history,though i'll excuse you for your low mental comprehension of how things work here in this life.

There is more to everything you see that meets the ordinary eye.......read something and think for yourself and stop relying on CNN and BBC they are the propaganda warhead of the West that are usually well oiled against me and you and our generations unborn......the joke is now on you to avoid being captured in this modern mental slavery.
Can you imagine the human sacrifice of 1 million Iraqis by Americans to the god of oil money? Far less uncivilized to sacrifice a couple of virgins a year to the gods for continued rainfall.
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by kaboninc(m): 3:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
The solution to our problems lies in us. Whenever we decide to sit up and say NO, and ACT, half of the problems would have been solved. For God's sake let's acknowledge the very wicked role the Western Media do to us, as individuals, as a nation and as a continent.

They say we don't have tarred roads, is it true? We don't have well-built, full equiped hospitals run by Nigerians, is it true? The say our toilets don't flush...is it also true? The say we don't have honest and sincere Nigerian businessmen or an ordinary citizen, is it true? The say our roads are bad, is it also true? They say we don't drive cars...is it true?

Now they said 100 million Nigerians don't have access to toilets...that's more than 70% of Nigerians. Are we saying that from Abuja to Kano, to Kaduna, Rivers, Oyo, Calaba, Enugu, Owerri, Jos, Ogun, Benin, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Anambra to the almighty Lagos and other cities, inhabitants which make up more than 80% of the population do not have access to clean toilets?

Have you noticed that every time AFP reports a story involving Boko Haram, they will always end the story with how many Nigerians have died since it started?

I always have this belief that we all have the same brain...only difference is how we use it. Let's use ours wisely. Development starts with us!

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by coogar: 3:40pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: The Brits ruled Nigeria for 70 years and built one university in that period. Be careful what you wish for.

yet they introduced christianity in nigeria, sent missionaries that stopped the killing of twins, missionaries that introduced catholic schools & ultimately the education in the southern parts of nigeria.

you have got a lot to learn.....
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2013
coogar:

yet they introduced christianity in nigeria, sent missionaries that stopped the killing of twins, missionaries that introduced catholic schools & ultimately the education in the southern parts of nigeria.

you have got a lot to learn.....
Yawwnnnnn.... Who begged them to introduce Christianity? Who invited them at all? They killed millions more Africans than the handful of unfortunate baby twins who were killed among a small section of Igbos, probably less than 1% of the Nigerian population. Southern Nigeria had education before they came, and children were taught in schools using Nsibidi, the native script. Without foreign invasions, these things would have been developed and made widespread. Africans are the inferior of no one. Get that into your skull.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership / Muhammad Nami: FIRS Plans Stamp Duty Palliatives For Tenants / Emeka Ikwechegh Donates New House To Blind Woman In Abia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.