Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,346 members, 7,932,265 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 11:10 PM

PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* (4143 Views)

Moderately Easy Way To Hack Your Ps Vita / How To Hack Psp 3004 Version 6.31 And Other Versins / Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by A2J(m): 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2008
Infoseye:

its best u upgrade either u using OFW or CFW.

Please i really want enjoy my psp to the fullest, to enjoy all that there is to enjoy with hacked psp. firstly, which one will be best for me, upgrading my current 3.95 OFW to higher ones or downgrading to lower firmware? coz i will love to be able to play downloaded games(ripped games) from warez websites and enjoy other homebrews.

I wish i am in Nigeria right now, i will have find way to get to you (infoseye and g-rock) and you guys can help me hack my psp to the fullest.

BUt is there anyway you guys could gimme step by step tutorial how to go about it here?
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by xcubed(m): 11:25am On Sep 04, 2008
READ CAREFULLY OOOOOOOOO Check this out first and if you are interested in it i cld send the rest of the files you need as an attachment

1st things 1st, lets knock some of those questions out of the way!!!

(Q)Whats Pandora's battery?
(A)If your on this site and don't know what pandora's battery is, then look it up and come back!

(Q)There are alot of Pandora Guides, What makes your different?
(A)With most of the guides, you requier a homebrew enabled psp. But with my guide, i will show you how to softmod the battery so there is no need for a custom firmwared psp or a psp with a 1.50 kernel!

(Q)Whats Softmod?
(A)Softmodding is a safe and relatively easy way to mod (modify something)

(Q)I don't know what shortcuts are (like OFW and CFW, etc)
(A)For the people that don't know, i will include a "Key" at the bottom of this tutorial. I'm trying to make this as "Noob Friendly" as possible (so please if you don't understand something i will try my best to re-explain it)

Next up is the way this tutorial is organized. Here is how it will look:
1)Questions and Answers
2)Materials
3)Process #1 (creating a magic memory stick)
4)Process #2 (softmodding the battery)
5)Testing your battery
6)Running pandora's battery
7)tips and tricks
coolFinal question
9)Key
10)Links

so with that said, lets continue with this guide,

(NOTE: materials are labled by: 1)Name and then 2)quantity)

Materials:
----------
A psp running ANY firmware (1)
A compute with an internet connection (1)
A mini USB cable or memory card reader (1)
A knife or exacto knife (1)
A battery (just as long as it is NOT a new battery because they are "pandora proof"wink (1)
A needle/safety pin (1-2)

Process #1 (Creating A Magic Memory Stick)
-------------------------------------------
1)Turn on the psp
2)Format the memory stick
3)Go into USB mode
4)Next, go here: File Details-TOTALNewbi-easyInstaller-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC) -
5)At the bottom, select download (the dowload is 135MB so be patient)
6)Extract the application to your desktop
7)Run "Start.exe"
coolFollow the instructions until you get into the installation screen
9)When there, you can select to install the universal unbricker (do this one!!!)
10)After it is done, your going to need to get 2 files. 1)registry 2)kd (i have a download link at the bottom for people without this)
11)Put both (kd & registry) on the root of your memery stick
12)Disconnect your psp and turn it off

Process #2 (Softmodding the battery)
-------------------------------------
1)Take your knife/exact knife and CAREFULLY open your battery
2)once done, look for the connecter labled (ICO4 or CO4) (depending on your battery)
3)Next take your needle/safety pin and CAREFULLY remove the 5th pin (the pins start from the bottom left and up. So pin 5 should be the bottom one on the right, depending on how you hold your battery.)
4)Put you battery back together (and if you want, glue it back on)

Now from here you are pretty much done! All you really need to do is test your battery.

Testing your battery:
---------------------

(to test battery, insert the battery with no memory stick inserted. the power should automatically come on. If so, you did it!!! if not, then you cut the wrong connecter but you might have 1 more chance to get it right!)

Now all you have to do is run pandora's battery!!!

Running pandora's battery:
--------------------------

(to do this, start the psp with both the ceated memory card and the softmodded battery. You may or may not see anything. But the MS LED and the wifi LED should glow for a second. If it does, just press X and let that run for about 5 minutes. if it doesnt, try re-creating the memory stick)
OK, your psp should turn itself off in the end. all you have to do is remove the battery and the memory stick. and then plug in the charger. Next, turn on the psp and you should have 3.71 M33 or 3.71 M33-2!!!!!

Tips and tricks:
---------------
1)Run the v3 universal unbricker when your done so you can see the text (on slim psp's or fat)
2)Buy a new battery (if your cheap, see the 1st question on "Final Questions"
3)Remember NOT ALL homebrew is comaptible with the psp slim!!

Final Questions:
---------------
(Q)Can i ever dual boot my XMB and my battery
(A)Yes! you can do this only one way. you need to buy a switch and solder on the + and - connecter to the batter and to the switch. This will allow you to choose when you want to boot into pandora's battery or into your XMB (see links)

(Q)When i insert my softmodded battery, the psp turns on but i can't see anything
(A)Thast because your probably using a psp slim which in that case, just press X and then install the V3 unbricker

(Q)The light comes on but my MS LED and my wofi LED doesnt do anything
(A)This is a common problem when you don't follow the instruction EXACTLY, you have to re-create the magic memory stick

(Q)I'm curious, how does this work?
(A)Well, pin 5 is the pin that makes the battery load the EEPROM but since its cut, it runs the next thing which is the memory stick.

(Q)Did you create this?
(A)No, i did not. Ben Heck did and all details can be found on his site (see links)

Key:
----
OFW=Official Firmware
CFW=Custom Firmware
LED=Light Emiting Diod
Jigkick=Auto-Start
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by timbabng(m): 4:07pm On Sep 04, 2008
. . .what you are doing to the batt. is hardmod : hardware modification

not

softmod : software modification
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by xcubed(m): 8:10am On Sep 14, 2008
Mistake, but since u know it no problem.
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by Infoseye(m): 5:01pm On Sep 15, 2008
xcubed:

READ CAREFULLY OOOOOOOOO Check this out first and if you are interested in it i cld send the rest of the files you need as an attachment

1st things 1st, lets knock some of those questions out of the way!!!

(Q)Whats Pandora's battery?
(A)If your on this site and don't know what pandora's battery is, then look it up and come back!

(Q)There are alot of Pandora Guides, What makes your different?
(A)With most of the guides, you requier a homebrew enabled psp. But with my guide, i will show you how to softmod the battery so there is no need for a custom firmwared psp or a psp with a 1.50 kernel!

(Q)Whats Softmod?
(A)Softmodding is a safe and relatively easy way to mod (modify something)

(Q)I don't know what shortcuts are (like OFW and CFW, etc)
(A)For the people that don't know, i will include a "Key" at the bottom of this tutorial. I'm trying to make this as "Noob Friendly" as possible (so please if you don't understand something i will try my best to re-explain it)

Next up is the way this tutorial is organized. Here is how it will look:
1)Questions and Answers
2)Materials
3)Process #1 (creating a magic memory stick)
4)Process #2 (softmodding the battery)
5)Testing your battery
6)Running pandora's battery
7)tips and tricks
coolFinal question
9)Key
10)Links

so with that said, lets continue with this guide,

(NOTE: materials are labled by: 1)Name and then 2)quantity)

Materials:
----------
A psp running ANY firmware (1)
A compute with an internet connection (1)
A mini USB cable or memory card reader (1)
A knife or exacto knife (1)
A battery (just as long as it is NOT a new battery because they are "pandora proof"wink (1)
A needle/safety pin (1-2)

Process #1 (Creating A Magic Memory Stick)
-------------------------------------------
1)Turn on the psp
2)Format the memory stick
3)Go into USB mode
4)Next, go here: File Details-TOTALNewbi-easyInstaller-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC) -
5)At the bottom, select download (the dowload is 135MB so be patient)
6)Extract the application to your desktop
7)Run "Start.exe"
coolFollow the instructions until you get into the installation screen
9)When there, you can select to install the universal unbricker (do this one!!!)
10)After it is done, your going to need to get 2 files. 1)registry 2)kd (i have a download link at the bottom for people without this)
11)Put both (kd & registry) on the root of your memery stick
12)Disconnect your psp and turn it off

Process #2 (Softmodding the battery)
-------------------------------------
1)Take your knife/exact knife and CAREFULLY open your battery
2)once done, look for the connecter labled (ICO4 or CO4) (depending on your battery)
3)Next take your needle/safety pin and CAREFULLY remove the 5th pin (the pins start from the bottom left and up. So pin 5 should be the bottom one on the right, depending on how you hold your battery.)
4)Put you battery back together (and if you want, glue it back on)

Now from here you are pretty much done! All you really need to do is test your battery.

Testing your battery:
---------------------

(to test battery, insert the battery with no memory stick inserted. the power should automatically come on. If so, you did it!!! if not, then you cut the wrong connecter but you might have 1 more chance to get it right!)

Now all you have to do is run pandora's battery!!!

Running pandora's battery:
--------------------------

(to do this, start the psp with both the ceated memory card and the softmodded battery. You may or may not see anything. But the MS LED and the wifi LED should glow for a second. If it does, just press X and let that run for about 5 minutes. if it doesnt, try re-creating the memory stick)
OK, your psp should turn itself off in the end. all you have to do is remove the battery and the memory stick. and then plug in the charger. Next, turn on the psp and you should have 3.71 M33 or 3.71 M33-2!!!!!

Tips and tricks:
---------------
1)Run the v3 universal unbricker when your done so you can see the text (on slim psp's or fat)
2)Buy a new battery (if your cheap, see the 1st question on "Final Questions"
3)Remember NOT ALL homebrew is comaptible with the psp slim!!

Final Questions:
---------------
(Q)Can i ever dual boot my XMB and my battery
(A)Yes! you can do this only one way. you need to buy a switch and solder on the + and - connecter to the batter and to the switch. This will allow you to choose when you want to boot into pandora's battery or into your XMB (see links)

(Q)When i insert my softmodded battery, the psp turns on but i can't see anything
(A)Thast because your probably using a psp slim which in that case, just press X and then install the V3 unbricker

(Q)The light comes on but my MS LED and my wofi LED doesnt do anything
(A)This is a common problem when you don't follow the instruction EXACTLY, you have to re-create the magic memory stick

(Q)I'm curious, how does this work?
(A)Well, pin 5 is the pin that makes the battery load the EEPROM but since its cut, it runs the next thing which is the memory stick.

(Q)Did you create this?
(A)No, i did not. Ben Heck did and all details can be found on his site (see links)

Key:
----
OFW=Official Firmware
CFW=Custom Firmware
LED=Light Emiting Diod
Jigkick=Auto-Start

Well said and done but thats the old school method bro, there is another simple way instead of going through this stressful method and damaging your battery if you dont get it right.

@A2J Well if you need the tutorials drop your email here or send me a mail infoseye@yahoo.com I give you all the details and materials you need to hack your Psp with out any risk involved. Later.
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by A2J(m): 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2008
please send the email to dayo_a2j@hotmail.com please, make me too dey enjoy my psp na
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by Infoseye(m): 8:47am On Sep 16, 2008
Ok give sometime to send it to your mail ok.
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by A2J(m): 12:02pm On Sep 16, 2008
Infoseye:

Thanks, i will be expecting it
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by A2J(m): 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2008
Infoseye:

am still waiting o infoseye.
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by Infoseye(m): 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2008
Check your mail
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by A2J(m): 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2008
Thanks i got it, but i dont have anyone that has a psp, not to talked of hacked one, any way out of it?
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by kokorunna(m): 1:58pm On Sep 24, 2008
I use 3.90 m33-3

www.moneysaversforum.com
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by Infoseye(m): 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2008
Ok am currently using 4.0m33 why not upgrade? Although I did so for the custom themes and the game loads faster.

@A2J Well unless we meet face to face bro. or some who has a hacked psp in your hood
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by A2J(m): 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2008
Thanks infoseye, i guess i just have to put the psp back in its case and keep it till i return back to nigeria.

will you still be in ibadan or okota during december?
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by Infoseye(m): 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2008
yes definately I would be here,
Re: PSP HACKS*PSP HACK GUIDES*PSP APPLICATIONS*PSP HOMEBREW* by Infoseye(m): 6:39pm On Sep 24, 2008
Well I just made up my mind to start something new here in my thread since its been outdated lol,  grin anyway I decided to provide you guys with psp hacks,softwares etc to grt you going, here's a new software for you guys that can't create pandora battery and magicstick here is a software that will do it all just for ya.

Below is a Psp homebrew that is playable with any CFW PSP although is a Java based game so to play it on your psp you need a java software that can play it.

here are the links to download them

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1543

Psp runing on 1.5 cfw
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1418

psp runing on 3.Bleep cfw

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1449

original source from www.psp-hacks.com

Cheers!

(1) (2) (Reply)

PC or Console For Game? / Gtarcade Emulator Offline Installer / Need Pes 2021 launcher Exe File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.