Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,275 members, 7,977,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 02:00 PM

Egypt Appoints New Manager – Shawky Gharib Takes Over From Bob Bradley - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egypt Appoints New Manager – Shawky Gharib Takes Over From Bob Bradley (444 Views)

NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles / Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! / President Jonathan Appoints New Sports Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Egypt Appoints New Manager – Shawky Gharib Takes Over From Bob Bradley by SportsHubng: 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) announced on Wednesday, November 27th the appointment of Shawky Gharib as Egypt’s national team new manager. He will succeed American Bob Bradley who left his post as The Pharaohs coach after failing to guide Egypt to the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

“Gharib has officially become the new Egypt coach. His contract will run until the end of the 2018 World Cup qualifiers,” said Egyptian Football Association (EFA) spokesman Azmy Megahed

Gharib (54 years) spent his playing career in Ghazl El Mahalla where he retired in 1993, winning the 1986 Africa Cup of Nations with Egypt.
Gharib started his managing career by guiding Egypt youth team to a third place finish in the 2001 U-20 FIFA World Cup in Argentina. He worked as assistant to Hassan Shehata in The Pharaohs staff that took part in the historical treble as Egypt won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2006, 2008 and 2010. He then had short spell with Smouha and lately was appointed as Ismaily manager before leaving them to accept the national team mission.

“I promise to rebuild a national team capable of regaining Egypt’s victories again”, Gharib said in television interview right after his appointment. “EFA members gave me their full trust and I promise to pay that confidence back. My ambition knows no limits and I’ll give my all for the national team”.
EFA board member Magdy El Metenawy told the reporters Gharib’s mission is to qualify with Egypt to the...http://sportshubng.com/egypt-appoints-new-manager-shawky-gharib-takes-bob-bradley/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked 4th In Africa& 36th In The World,in Latest Fifa Ranking / FIFA WC Draw On 6th Of DEC. / Governors Kwankwaso, Babangida Reward Victorious Golden Eaglets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.