Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,740 members, 7,969,148 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 08:56 PM

PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow (30301 Views)

'Go And Die' Widow Get Letter Of Appointment. [photo] / Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) / Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by ballabriggs: 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
manny4life: .

Go on and clap for yourself, in your bid to hastily quote me, READ AGAIN.

You have succeeded in showing how shallow your reasoning is, as someone who has knowledge on credits and deductions, I would take the time to cure your ignorance.

The American standard of poverty is defined a baseline attributable to groups of people who fit the profile, they are lumped into different categories, most common is individual or Joint (filing as family). These folks earn income (without taxes as well as other expense) below a limit. For individuals with a single family, it's 11,500 I believe, @ a standard 2,040 annual hours, the person earns WAY below minimum wage = $5.63per hour. For individuals with family of two, four, five, or whatever size of family, the threshold increases. Keep in mind, this is the "HOUSEHOLD" income, so both mother and father are making this amount or father or mother is "Head of Household".

Your blind allusion that someone who earns $23,550 even before taxes for a family of four, considering the factors (children expenses, accommodation, traveling, possibly healthcare, education expense, feeding, and what not), considering all these factors, would you dare compare someone in the U.S. to Nigeria? A standard household like that needs a 2br apartment which depending on the area, goes for $650, now multiply that by 12months = $7800 annually just for accommodation. How many poor people pay $600 monthly for rent? If you can answer that question, then we can continue, if NOT, STOP DISGRACING YOURSELF.

We've not taken into consideration his tax liability, as well as other information I listed, so before you start hyperventilating, cure your ignorance first. $23,000 to you in Nigeria is big money, but for a family of four here WITH KIDS, is POOR. This is why they have different credits they qualify for, the Child Care Credit, Earned Income credit, healthcare deductions, and tons more so it can buffer them, so please again, DON'T EVER compare U.S. salary attributable to Nigeria. I mentioned U.S. as an example that there are pan handlers on the street, just like Nigeria, U.S. has increased poverty as well, and you're equating their own poverty standard to Nigeria...

You are the one who is ignorant here. He has not argued that households earning that amount in the US are not poor but the argument is that poverty can be viewed relatively and according to standards in different countries.

A bowl of cereal and toast can be seen as a standard breakfast in Uganda but it is not the same in the US. That is poverty in relative terms.

However when we look at absolute poverty, a large percentage of US poor will not be considered as poor again and large percentage of Nigerians will fall into this line.

Understand the crux of his argument.
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
Waiting for pej to help her fellow widow out
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by agbameta: 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
manny4life: .

Go on and clap for yourself, in your bid to hastily quote me, READ AGAIN.

You have succeeded in showing how shallow your reasoning is, as someone who has knowledge on credits and deductions, I would take the time to cure your ignorance.

The American standard of poverty is defined a baseline attributable to groups of people who fit the profile, they are lumped into different categories, most common is individual or Joint (filing as family). These folks earn income (without taxes as well as other expense) below a limit. For individuals with a single family, it's 11,500 I believe, @ a standard 2,040 annual hours, the person earns WAY below minimum wage = $5.63per hour. For individuals with family of two, four, five, or whatever size of family, the threshold increases. Keep in mind, this is the "HOUSEHOLD" income, so both mother and father are making this amount or father or mother is "Head of Household".

Your blind allusion that someone who earns $23,550 even before taxes for a family of four, considering the factors (children expenses, accommodation, traveling, possibly healthcare, education expense, feeding, and what not), considering all these factors, would you dare compare someone in the U.S. to Nigeria? A standard household like that needs a 2br apartment which depending on the area, goes for $650, now multiply that by 12months = $7800 annually just for accommodation. How many poor people pay $600 monthly for rent? If you can answer that question, then we can continue, if NOT, STOP DISGRACING YOURSELF.

We've not taken into consideration his tax liability, as well as other information I listed, so before you start hyperventilating, cure your ignorance first. $23,000 to you in Nigeria is big money, but for a family of four here WITH KIDS, is POOR. This is why they have different credits they qualify for, the Child Care Credit, Earned Income credit, healthcare deductions, and tons more so it can buffer them, so please again, DON'T EVER compare U.S. salary attributable to Nigeria. I mentioned U.S. as an example that there are pan handlers on the street, just like Nigeria, U.S. has increased poverty as well, and you're equating their own poverty standard to Nigeria...

Sure poverty increased in US just like in many countries all over the globe because of global recession. Poverty in the US like you rightfully said is based on income and family size, but regardless of the family size, poverty is poverty in the US and falling within any of the poverty categories qualifies you for a wide range of benefits and safety nets that softens the effect of poverty. They have food stamp and financial programs, housing subsidies, EI credits, daycare subsidies, medicaid and other poverty related benefits.

On the other hand in Nigeria, there are no poverty benefits or safety nets, you are basically on your own. So, the poster you quoted was absolutely right, poverty in the US as defined by the US government and the benefits that comes with the same poverty as defined by the same US government is not only not the same thing in Nigeria, but way way better than poverty in Nigeria since like I said, you are on your own with zero government programs to help you.

N4 million/Year or N333,000/Month for a family of 4 in Nigeria is a lot of money and more than enough to live on and it gives you an above average standard of living in here in Nigeria than in the US regardless of whatever social benefits you get with your $23,000 in the US.

So, the poster you quoted was right.

Unfortunately for you, the ball went over your head because this is common sense, not that you know anything about common sense sha...
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by biafranqueen: 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
Firefire: Can you people imagine how this has now become a political score points?
Adams Oshiomole goof.
PDP Edo shines.
All politicians in Nigeria are all the same wicked elements… PDP, APC, APGA, LP…
Only time will tell who really are the saints.
2015 game plans.

Let us continue to expose them and use the internet to our advantage as you stated they are all thieves only we can hold them accountable!

Responsible Leaders Can Not Lead Irresponsible People! We must hold them accountable!
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
If it were a PDP governor that did this, the APC would have paid poor old village women to protest with their bare bossoms in full public glare.

Oshiomhole has lost the respect he has as a man. If he likes, let him apologise twenty times. This woman is part of the people that defied rain and sunshine to elect him as governor. I bet he loves the people more than they love themselves.

That was the height of power intoxication from those that climbed to power on the back of the masses, under the guise of "comradeship"

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
ballabriggs:

You are the one who is ignorant here. He has not argued that households earning that amount in the US are not poor but the argument is that poverty can be viewed relatively and according to standards in different countries.

A bowl of cereal and toast can be seen as a standard breakfast in Uganda but it is not the same in the US. That is poverty in relative terms.

However when we look at absolute poverty, a large percentage of US poor will not be considered as poor again and large percentage of Nigerians will fall into this line.

You should be the one understanding the crux of the argument, did my argument EVER compare the two nations together? I simply stated that poverty in America has increased just like it did in Nigeria, besides, did my post not address that using the rent example? Someone who rents a 2br here pays on average about $600 compared to someone in Nigeria who pays same amount monthly, I'm sorry isn't that expenditure on relative terms? Why comparing someone in Nigeria using American Standard of living? It's yall that need to get a grip of yourselves. cool
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

Sure poverty increased in US just like in many countries all over the globe because of global recession. Poverty in the US like you rightfully said is based on income and family size, but regardless of the family size, poverty is poverty in the US and falling within any of the poverty categories qualifies you for a wide range of benefits and safety nets that softens the effect of poverty. They have food stamp and financial programs, housing subsidies, EI credits, daycare subsidies, medicaid and other poverty related benefits.

On the other hand in Nigeria, there are no poverty benefits or safety nets, you are basically on your own. So, the poster you quoted was absolutely right, poverty in the US as defined by the US government and the benefits that comes with the same poverty as defined by the same US government is not only not the same thing in Nigeria, but way way better than poverty in Nigeria since like I said, you are on your own with zero government programs to help you.

N4 million/Year or N333,000/Month for a family of 4 in Nigeria is a lot of money and more than enough to live on and it gives you an above average standard of living in here in Nigeria than in the US regardless of whatever social benefits you get with your $23,000 in the US.

So, the poster you quoted was right.

Unfortunately for you, the ball went over your head because this is common sense, not that you know anything about common sense sha...

Pathetic, VERY PATHETIC.

When you guys are done smoking that ganja, pass it down to me.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by rexbuton: 9:08pm On Nov 29, 2013
Isn't it surprising that pdp are the ones telling us about their widow endowment programme, we should at least know some recipients... Dan orbih is the biggest clown edo state has seen in recent times. Dey should give the woman the money, afterall it's our money that lucky and osunbor squandered.. Pdp doesn't have a selling point, apc's selling point is oshiomhole! Pdp politicians even go as far as sharing bags of rice during festivities, Are You trying to buy votes ? This country needs intellectual and purposeful opposition, not foul old men who take every opportunity to politicize every single occurrence including bad weather
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by agbameta: 9:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
manny4life:

Pathetic, VERY PATHETIC.

When you guys are done smoking that ganja, pass it down to me.

omenka: Oga stop it! Not every one on this forum is an illiterate! The American Cencus Bereau says 50million (about 18% given a population of over 260million) Americans live at or below the poverty line, and this figure is 3million people above what is officialy gazetted. And do you know what the American authorities define poverty to be? Hear them: in America, a family of FOUR is designated POOR or living in POVERTY if its income is less than or $23,550 anually! That is about 4.5million naira! In essence, what the US considers poverty in their clime is an above average standard of living in ours , which renders your arguement totally flawed! There's no basis of comparism between the two since their benchmarks for povery vary.

The OP's comparison as stated in the above quote was correct and you are yet to prove him wrong, at least not with your redundant and meaningless essay.

Is the highlighted right or wrong? Simply answer Yes or No.
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
PDP to the Rescue, whether you look at it as a political stunt or Charity straight from the purse of PDP, one thing is sure, the Widow will not go and die, the widow will vote for PDP in the next election. One by One, so shall we capture the hearts of the little and mighty. We did it, we are doing it, we will continue to be the rulers while the "Go and Die" party members continue to be called "Opposition".

8 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

The OP's comparison as stated in the above quote was correct and you are yet to prove him wrong, at least not with your redundant and meaningless essay.

Is the highlighted right or wrong? Simply answer Yes or No.

Arguing with you is futile

Like I said, pass me the ganja when you're done.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by experimentist: 10:08pm On Nov 29, 2013
PDP thunderrrrr fayyyyaa una! Make una pay police wives their pension make dem take survive. Na so una dey thief us blind since 1999!
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by agbameta: 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
manny4life:

Arguing with you is futile

Like I said, pass me the ganja when you're done.

That wasn't an argument, it was a simple yes or no question.

You are either admitting that you goofed as usual or you are just too lazy and incompetent to deal with a simple yes or no question. Either way, you are still the same village illiterate with zero common sense.

And the fact that you are a drug head doesn't mean other people are...

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Geniro: 10:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cool
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by OdaNobunaga(m): 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
utumunta: If it were a PDP governor that did this, the APC would have paid poor old village women to protest with their bare bossoms in full public glare.

Oshiomhole has lost the respect he has as a man. If he likes, let him apologise twenty times. This woman is part of the people that defied rain and sunshine to elect him as governor. I bet he loves the people more than they love themselves.

That was the height of power intoxication from those that climbed to power on the back of the masses, under the guise of "comradeship"
you people wont kill person 4 dis forum grin
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

That wasn't an argument, it was a simple yes or no question.

You are either admitting that you goofed as usual or you are just too lazy and incompetent to deal with a simple yes or no question. Either way, you are still the same village illiterate with zero common sense.

And the fact that you are a drug head doesn't mean other people are...
Manny4life is not an illiterate, the fact that you resort to name-calling on a topical issue amplifies a greater personality dysfuntion of yourself. The handwriting on the wall is getting clearer by the day. In bad eggs in PDP are being wholesale(ly) mortgaged to APC ( so called Progressives my feet).

Do not insult manny4life, he has consistently been mightily objective.

In the event that your emotion override your mental agility, Rest in Peace, should I rather say "Go and Die"

5 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by jice(m): 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
Babacele: THE SORRY STATE AND POVERTY THAT PDP BROUGHT TO EDO STATE HAS PUT MAY PROBABLY HAVE PUT THE WOMAN IN HER PRESENT CONDITION. AND THAT IS WHAT OSHIOMOLE IS TRYING BEAUTIFULLY HARD TO CORRECT! TO HELL WITH PROPANGANDA!
Babacele that one nar the vision wen u see? You saw it wrong. Oshomole has created more paupers than elevated poor men in that city

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Alishachris: 10:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

Why marvel at me? Is the PDP not the cash and carry party like they just did with this woman especially by taking advantage of the situation and his poor woman with cash?

Abeg move jare...

You sound like a broken record already. You no dey ever tire! Haaba!

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by agbameta: 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
Billyonaire: [s]Manny4life is not an illiterate, the fact that you resort to name-calling on a topical issue amplifies a greater personality dysfuntion of yourself. The handwriting on the wall is getting clearer by the day. In bad eggs in PDP are being wholesale(ly) mortgaged to APC ( so called Progressives my feet).

In the event that your emotion override your mental agility, Rest in Peace, should I rather say "Go and Die"[/s]

Low grade village illiterate. Make yourself useful by helping your olodo village illiterate brother with the Yes or No question or STFU.

And what's the discussion got to do with your silly and immature rant about your worthless and corrupt PDP ? Do you not know how to read and comprehend?
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by agbameta: 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
Alishachris:

You sound like a broken record already. You no dey ever tire! Haaba!

And what's my online business got to do with you and your sorry existence? Are you paying my internet bill or what?

You jokers really do get carried away with your petty talk and silliness..
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
Billyonaire: Manny4life is not an illiterate, the fact that you resort to name-calling on a topical issue amplifies a greater personality dysfuntion of yourself. The handwriting on the wall is getting clearer by the day. In bad eggs in PDP are being wholesale(ly) mortgaged to APC ( so called Progressives my feet).

In the event that your emotion override your mental agility, Rest in Peace, should I rather say "Go and Die"

Bros thank you for the comment, you don't see me replying him, do you?

Have you seen a dog with acute rabies infection, their constant itching, being all over the place, psycho like behavior... That's him.

Please don't join issues with him, his antecedent is known by esteemed members of NL..

6 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by frankyychiji(f): 10:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Obiagelli:
if the PDP (controlling governments at the centre), can't adopt this as a national policy then it's stupid. What happens to even poorer Widows in their millions? Should they wait till they are insulted?
I am worried about u dear.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by agbameta: 10:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
manny4life:

Bros thank you for the comment, you don't see me replying him, do you?

Have you seen a dog with acute rabies infection, their constant itching, being all over the place, psycho like behavior... That's him.

Please don't join issues, his antecedent is known by esteemed members of NL..

You can lean on your co olodo villagers like you all you want, fact remains that you once again displayed your ignorance and ceaselessness and also still unable to answer yes or no to a simple question.

Sucks to be you...
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

Low grade village illiterate. Make yourself useful by helping your olodo village illiterate brother with the Yes or No question or STFU.

And what's the discussion got to do with your silly and immature rant about your worthless and corrupt PDP ? Do you not know how to read and comprehend?

I am highly lettered, lettered enough in character and emotional management to deduce that you are just one of the suicidal poverty-stricken nematodes waiting for death. Should you want to get a little more education, I could hire you to man the gate of my factory.

That being said, I hate to even discuss with a nobody, "Shoe get size" so you can not even buckle my sandals. STFU and know your limits.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Agwoden(m): 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
Where is Lai Mohammed? Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by agbameta: 10:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
Billyonaire: [s] I am highly lettered, lettered enough in character and emotional management to deduce that you are just one of the suicidal poverty-stricken nematodes waiting for death. Should you want to get a little more education, I could hire you to man the gate of my factory.

That being said, I hate to even discuss with a nobody, "Shoe get size" so you can not even buckle my sandals. STFU and know your limits.[/s]

Must you bore me with your silliness and redundant nonsense? STFU and get lost if you have nothing better to contribute to the discussion.

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 10:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

You can lean on your co olodo villagers like you all you want, fact remains that you once again displayed your ignorance and ceaselessness and also still unable to answer yes or no to a simple question.

Sucks to be you...

Lol...

When you try so hard to sound intelligent, I can only imagine... It involve so much work...lol.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by frankyychiji(f): 10:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
Obiagelli:
If the PDP ain't adopting it as policy then it's of no use other than politics. If Nigeria's economy was favorable the woman won't be on the street. Where is the FG'S social ware fare package for the needy
Am still worried about u dear. States too can give social welfare package to its citizens. Tho u were talking about (ware fare), I dunno whose responsibity that one is.

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by agbameta: 11:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
manny4life:

[s]Lol...

When you try so hard to sound intelligent, I can only imagine... It involve so much work...lol.[/s]

All I need from you dullard is a Yes or No answer to my question, not your puerile emotions and irrelevant garbage.

Old man can not answer yes or no. How lazy and incompetent can you be?
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 11:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
frankyychiji: Am still worried about u dear. States too can give social welfare package to its citizens. Tho u were talking about (ware fare), I dunno whose responsibity that one is.

LMAO...

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

All I need from you dullard is a Yes or No answer to my question, not your puerile emotions and irrelevant garbage.

Old man can not answer yes or no. How lazy and incompetent can you be?

LOL... Bingo, you're still barking, ain't you? cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by omenka(m): 11:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
ballabriggs:

The better part of my brain advised that i dont argue with him, hence my nonresponsiveness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pro-Biafra Supporters In London & Switzerland For Anniversary Of Biafra / Court Acquits 19 Men Accused Of Being MASSOB Members After 15 Years In Prison / Fuel Scarcity: Heaven Won't Fall, Nigerians Will Survive - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.