Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,848 members, 7,882,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:22 PM

MMG Rapper, Wale, Tells Why He Hasn’t Been To Nigeria Till Now - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / MMG Rapper, Wale, Tells Why He Hasn’t Been To Nigeria Till Now (831 Views)

Mercy Johnson Is The Reason Why ‘30 Days In Atlanta’ 2 Hasn’t Been Made – AY / Kunle Afolayan Finally Tells Why He Doesn't Feature His Brothers In His Movies / “I Am The Only Actress Who Hasn’t Slept With An Actor", Cossy Orjiakor Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MMG Rapper, Wale, Tells Why He Hasn’t Been To Nigeria Till Now by mcekpes: 11:57am On Nov 30, 2013

American/Nigerian rapper Wale, has shown on his tracks timelessly that he is proudly Nigerian. But what baffles most people is the fact that after all these years, this is his first time of stepping foot in a country he claims to love so much.
In a one on one radio chat with Toolz on Beat FM yesterday, Wale explained the reason why he’s never been to Nigeria until now was because his parents, who are both from Ondo state, were so poor they couldn’t afford a bring him home.

“I grew up poor. We lived in DC, in the projects. Getting a ticket to Nigeria on $20, 000 income yearly, to my family that wasn’t really… you know…like I was a 15 year old with a decent job, I’m not going to save up to go to Nigeria. That wasn’t what I was thinking when I was that age. And then I was in college and the money tight right then. And then I get this record deal when I dropped out of school, you’re running around so much you don’t even have time to see your own parents”
SOURCE: http://ekpedemealbert..com/2013/11/mmg-rapper-wale-tells-why-he-hasnt-been.html
CHECK OUT LATEST NAIJA ENTERTANMENT GISTS/NEWS AT; www.ekpedemealbert..com
Re: MMG Rapper, Wale, Tells Why He Hasn’t Been To Nigeria Till Now by MrRenaissance: 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
We understand. What matters is that you rep us proudly and you remember home once in a while. Welcome to nigeria, wale cool

(1) (Reply)

Win An Exclusive Date With IYANYA / Psquare To Return Money Paid For Wack Performance / Don Jazzy Drops His MTN Number On Twitter For Fans To Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.