Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,072 members, 7,890,529 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:30 PM

Why Do Girls Have To Cook? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Girls Have To Cook? (9959 Views)

10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / The First Thing You Learned How To Cook And At What Age? / My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by mamaput(f): 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2006
you mean you dont know how to cook?
Evem my 10 jyear old daughter cooks.
Not so that she will find good husband . But so that she can eat what she wants and not any rubbish someone put down for her.
If you do not know how to cook you will eat rubbish all your life .Even if you can afford a cook.
you will never know what you are eating he may even spit into your food.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by edatika(m): 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2006
svs:

no with one guy shocked
so u dont want to cook,
u dont want to get married,
u dont want to have children,

but want to have a lot of sex, hahahaha
with one guy,
and hope he too wont get married nor have children,
just enjoy your "sex" live girl,

but still learn cooking plssssssss

iice:

svsI so know what you mean, I totally agree with ya cheesy wink grin

u agree abi,
u ladies are just enjoying f, king alone,
or u too dont know hw to cook,
hw old are u?, o

not knowing hw to cook i believe isn't "lady-like" (my own view o)
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by chinani(f): 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2006
Why Do Girls Have To Cook? b/c they go to eat! wink

But really if you're going to be free, learning to cook for yourself will come in handy. Imagine, having to give up your freedom (for marriage) shocked b/c you need a good meal (courtesy of your husband, the chef).

But I feel where you're coming from. When I was in college the few times I'd see my Uncle he'd ask me what new meals I could make. angry Then, he'd ask about my classes. I began to wonder if he thought I was at culinary school! grin
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2006
i c wat yall mean and i was only kidding about having sex without getting married,am not lik that.well i wsnt brot up lik that.but dont u guys c that most african women r mostly stuck to the kitchen?i can cook somethings which arent afreican.ill manage on my own,but i still dont lik that mentality
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Shagari2(m): 5:32pm On Jun 16, 2006
eh, svs don't cook o! you hear, you want to be doing oyinbo, hisssssssss, you wil meet it there (wa ba mbe)
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 5:34pm On Jun 16, 2006
lol very funny
but does anyone ere get me at all
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2006
i mean is it that its girls that have to cook,wat of guys,they just sit there and expect the food to be served to them?and yes i can cook,maybe the topic shud be changed to:y is it only girls that have to cook?
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by mamaput(f): 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2006
Well i have been saying it .
Mothers have not stopped tellig there daughters they are less than man angry angry
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2006
r u with me or against me?
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by mamaput(f): 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2006
My father used to do that to me not my mum she was white and i hated it.
I will never do that to my kids.
They learn how to cook so that they will newver eat rubbish thats wwhat i tell them.
And not a stupid husband story
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2006
yeah but its not only african food thats gud food.i love other country's food.i have grown to love irish food and its good as well
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by mamaput(f): 5:53pm On Jun 16, 2006
They only cook what they like.
I do not bother teaching them to cook what they do not like.
Because they are cooking for them selves.
And its not only African food. They cook German food and they love the Italian kitchen so they cook pasta and lasagna too
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Rare(m): 7:01pm On Jun 16, 2006
For crying out loud SVS, cooking is for your own good. You aren't only going to cook in this life for your husband. What about yourself? Good dieting and noutritious food is usually gotten by cooking at home.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by folkzy(f): 7:28pm On Jun 16, 2006
@ svs
I feel u girl. we're in d same boat. cos i can't cook as well. My mum tells me all d time about cooking

But trust me, my man must be able to cook.

Dont get me wrong, i can still cook but my sis n mum sthinks am not upto standard.

Gradually u will learn how to cook.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Damsal(f): 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2006
i understand what you mean svs, why do girls have to conform to the idea that it is ideal for them to do the cooking can't guys get of their lazy behinds and hit the kitchen. I'm the only girl and whenever i come home from college i have to start worrying about what the hell my brothers and dad have to eat because they all have the bright idea to wait for me to come home and cook, i've been cooking since i was 16 then it was fun now it's just hell, i have to sit in lessons and worry about the fact that there is no pepper at home or my dad wants to eat moi-moi when i have bleeding homework to do.
If marriage turns out to be anything like ths then i might have to pass on it.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by brushparke(m): 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2006
SVS,
you need help.No you don't since you will never get married.Amen.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by shotta(m): 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2006
girls dont have to cook
no one HAVE to do anything, you choose to

you may be forced to
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by jgirl3: 7:48pm On Jun 16, 2006
Girls don't have to cook. But it's a way of securing and holding your man down
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by shotta(m): 7:50pm On Jun 16, 2006
yeah cause a girl who can cook can take me anytime
and i mean know how to cook
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Rottweiler(m): 7:52pm On Jun 16, 2006
As a guy, I cook once in while, especially when I want to give the house a treat. My siblings used to look forward to my food and now my wife does same. She's a better cook than me, even my mum. But for your information, if you are my sister and you don't know how to cook, I am going to spank the shit out of you. Y'all can attack me if you want. I am game!  All these spoilt little girls that think because they give a guy sex, so therefore, he can as well do the kitchen and the laundry. Once again, I will wipe your ass!
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by jgirl3: 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2006
@ shotta, Yeah - that was the only thing my mum used to force me to cook. But then you can't focus on the cooking skills.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by chinani(f): 7:54pm On Jun 16, 2006
Svs, I get you. wink
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Drusilla(f): 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2006
Well, I got to tell this funny story now.

My son is has an Continental African girlfriend.

He gets mad at her for various reasons and breaks up with her.

However they go to the same Military Academy.

My son always swears, I am not taking her back this time. That was the last straw.

But this girl, she cooks African food and brings it to school, every day.

My son falls for it every time.

One time he was so mad that she had to cook for almost 2 weeks before he finally said he is not mad at her.

I can tell that he is not mad because on saturday, he will say: She is going to cook me something. He walks 5 miles to her house just for her to fix him lunch.

Then he walks home.

Sometimes he makes her come here and she cooks for him here.

I see this African girl uses African food very well to be forgiven and keep her boyfriend.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Drusilla(f): 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2006
Me, myself. I love to cook.

I come from a family however, where the men are famous for their cooking.

My dad is married to a white woman and it is still him, who must cook.

My grandma (my dad's mom) who is black raised me and so I can cook.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by hotangel2(f): 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2006
Because good meal is one of the best way to a guys heart!!

A lady should know how to cook even if she doesn't like cooking. If not to cook for a man, cook for yourself, and at least in case of emergency, u will know how to cook.

I know guys that cook, my dad and boyfriend for example. I mean it's not a taboo for guys to cook. Guys that cook, sometimes have meals that tastes better than girls own.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by mamaput(f): 10:01pm On Jun 16, 2006
Rottweiler am going to mark your name.
True things do not change so fast .
But don't forget the Profession Housewife is dying out.
Soon there will be nothing like stay home mum.
So if both are working full time what thenm
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by dominobaby(f): 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2006
To be candid, everygirl must know how to cook. It really is a shame if a girl cannot cook, esp if u live here in nigeria. At least if not for anyone, for ur own healthy consumption.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Nia: 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2006
svs, cooking is not about marriage or preparing yourself for marriage, unless YOU allow it to be. IMO, you should take on any skill that will grant you (more) independence. For example, my mother and father thought me how to cook. They never forced me to, but most of the time, I was willing to learn because if I ever needed the skill, it would always be available to me. When I went off to college and lived on my own, this skill was very useful.

When or if you meet someone you're ready to settle down with, and you decide to get married, you will have a lot of say in your union or the arrangement between you and your guy. You will have the choice to marry a "traditional" person or a "modern" guy. Modern, meaning one who doesn't care if you cook most of the time or if you cook half of the time or if you both decide to hire a cook.
What's more, you can always learn to cook anytime.

svs,  When you get older and have a demanding career, you prolly won't even have to ask this question because you'll likely discover that compromise about certain chores between you and your partner is a necessity, but this depends on where your career takes you. Now, there's more to cooking than just the physical aspect. It's about the effort  and the time that you've put in your cooking that shows that you care about the person you're cooking for. So, you are right to demand that it should be a two-way street. I will not tell you that you HAVE to learn to cook, because that is a decision you need to make for yourself. But I will advice you not to forgo the knowledge solely out of spite for the sexism or the double standards that occurs in our society. Again, any knowledge that allows you more independence is generally/usually a good one.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 11:45pm On Jun 16, 2006
dominobaby:

To be candid, everygirl must know how to cook. It really is a shame if a girl cannot cook, esp if u live here in nigeria. At least if not for anyone, for your own healthy consumption.
i dont live in nigeria at the moment
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by hotangel2(f): 11:53pm On Jun 16, 2006
svs:

i don't live in nigeria at the moment

There's no REASON for not wanting to know how to cook.

If you say cos u don't live in nigeria, u don't need to know how to cook. Sorry but every man living everywhere likes a woman that can cook.

If you say cos you don't wanna get married or have kids, sorry but Buying foods out will only be taking money from you. U should know how to cook.

In short, YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO COOK. It doesn't have to be something u have passion for, just know how to cook a good meal.

There's no reason for a girl to say she doens't wanna know how to cook.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 11:59pm On Jun 16, 2006
i already sed thats its not that i cant cook.the issue here is that y is it thet its girls that r mostly stuck to the kitchen?do u get me now.I CAN COOK!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by hotangel2(f): 12:09am On Jun 17, 2006
Ohh sorry i misunderstood you.

Well it's written on women that they are the one to be in the kitchen. There's no RIGHT DEFINITION FOR THAT. Women just have to cook. cheesy

It's okay for a man to know how to cook, but the pressure is not on them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's Always Your First Choice For Breakfast? / New White Baby Cot Bed for 35k / Which Is Your Bad Kitchen Habit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.