Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,067 members, 7,890,507 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:10 PM

Why Do Girls Have To Cook? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Girls Have To Cook? (9957 Views)

10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / The First Thing You Learned How To Cook And At What Age? / My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 12:11am On Jun 17, 2006
ya xactly,and thats wat i think is wrong.women esp african women generally ave no option than to cook.make the man happy yeah rright
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Shagari2(m): 12:13am On Jun 17, 2006
svs go to bed! get up early in the morning and cook!! haba! you dis children of today!
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by hotangel2(f): 12:13am On Jun 17, 2006
It's not a degrading thing for women to cook. U know how people say "my mum's cooking is the best?".

It's not just to make a man happy, i actually dunno how to explain, but i want you to know that it's not a BURDEN on women.

Knowing how to cook should be JOY.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 3:02am On Jun 17, 2006
I really don't mind cooking. it's fun.

SVS, you should get married to a male chef. smiley they make lots of money, esp. if they work at 5 star restaurants/hotels.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Zahymaka(m): 4:44am On Jun 17, 2006
This is an intriguing topic, so I'll throw in a few cents.

We're only boys in my family, so unlike most families I've seen in which there're girls, we weren't allowed to sit on our bums all day and leave the work to the ladies. I've doen everything -- washing my mom and dad's clothes, scrubbing, sweeping - and cooking.

Right from when I was young, I spent lots of time in the itchen with my mom because we talk a lot - I'm quite quiet around anyone that isn't her. Of course, I always got scraps of meat, tasted soup to test for saltiness and such and I learnt how to cook that way.

My Dad used to get annoyed that I spent time in the kitchen with a book instead of doing more 'manly things' - I still remember certain occasions on which he's pull me off to do some weeding or some other mundane task because I was 'wasting my time.'

At least the effort has paid off - I'm a pretty good cook and can challenge most ladies on their own turf [which is hardly surprising because my mom is one of the best cooks I've ever seen].

When my cousins came to stay with us, they'd hound me out of the kitchen because they felt I was trying to 'outshine' them - I had taken over some of the cooking from my mom. These are girls that'd normally complain that they do all the work in the house - I guess they were defending their womanly pride. . . grin grin grin

I could continue. . . but just keep this in mind -- cooking is one of the things I love to do after reading and programming. Of course, I don't put it anywhere because boys seem to take ride in not knowing how to cook, calling me a sissy. . .
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Tamsin4(f): 5:58am On Jun 17, 2006
Hey cooking is something you just have to deal with in life and once you get used to it itl be all part of the fun just remeber not everything in life will go your way so just deal with it and my friends mum and dad split up and now her dad does all the cooking so there is men out there who cook so dont judge aight. undecided
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by luvchild(f): 6:33am On Jun 17, 2006
Well, cooking is a part of nurturing your family, It is not as important now days in modern times as it once was in the good old days. Now, you find women going out helping the man be the bread winner, than they come home take care of the kids and his behind while he sits in front of TV. Now, don't get me wrong there are still couples who share in the task and believe in fifty-fifty. And there are many who still believe in the traditional way, which I was raised and that is the man is the head of his castle and the bread winner. My mom started teaching me early, I am oldest girl, the task passed to me to prepare and cook for my other four siblings when she was away. It was pleasure to me the responsiblity of taking care of younger ones or to have them look up to me for. There is an old saying I love, and that is Men don't know how to treat a woman these days, give a woman food she will prepare a meal, give her a house she will return a home, give her your seed she will give you a child. It's all a part of being the weaker vessel and submitting to man. This is the pleasureable part of being a woman. Don't lose that part of you. Cooking and preparing a meal for your family can be a pleasurable thing a gift of knowing you are doing your God given gift, or Allah or Jah or the name u use part of being your mans helper. If you find one who knows really how to setup his home.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by goggoji(m): 1:59pm On Jun 17, 2006
hi SVC
learning to cook aint bad. consider this, i hate taking responsibilities of a man, I really do. I look forward to the day I will get married to a cute lady who will do all the work, pay the bills, pick the kids from school and give me feeding allowance once a month and I will do all the cooking, scrubbing and cleaning. I dont know but l think our paths will have to cross cos I dont forsee you surviving for long without someone like me
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Zahymaka(m): 3:38pm On Jun 17, 2006
Now, this is amazing. I thought Drusilla was a guy?!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by achinu(m): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2006
I don't think a girl should be a WOLFGANG PUCK kinda of cook. But when I was looking to get into a serious relationship a woman that could cook was definetly at the top of my list. I was raised on home cooked meals & I very much enjoy eating home cooked meals. I also cook for my mates, so it's not one sided! It's about being well rounded if u can call it that.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by retro(f): 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2006
I don't have to cook in my house. I don't cook because I can't cook. I hate cooking.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by missred(f): 8:46pm On Jun 17, 2006
i get you svs. i myself dont like being forced to cook but had to cook when i got married all the man food. u kno wwe women dont eat food that man eat. if we do like most women do , they become fat. so my man now cooks himself and i make my own food and my baby food.

i feel women should not be forced to cook. i remeber cooking wonderful dishes at 4am in morning and after work at night and getting sick cos i havent eaten and had to wait till i finish cooking wonderful meals. is too much!!!!! that kind of guy can go to hell but now i told my man no way anymore!!!!!

so u shoul dknow ho wto cook but for urself only and explain to ur man next time that u have ur own ways and rules and he should understand that both work and both are tired and both have kids so he has to cook tooooooooooooo!!!!!! smiley
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by mizkay(f): 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2006
@ all the girls who say they cant cook/wont cook blah blah blah blah blah. Piece of advice - no cook now. no problem. but no cry when i come cook better food for ya man and them him follow me come run away from you. knowing how to cook is an art, a talent. it is first and foremost for your own benefit and then that of your man/subsequent family. it is a GOOD thing. trust me. Ask all the men who have left thier women for the simple reason that they were rubbish in the kitchen. I know my cooking well well o! No man will run away from me when he starts eating from my pot! word to the wise,
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Nia: 4:02am On Jun 18, 2006
mizkay:

@ all the girls who say they can't cook/wont cook blah blah blah blah blah. Piece of advice - no cook now. no problem. but no cry when i come cook better food for ya man and them him follow me come run away from you. knowing how to cook is an art, a talent. it is first and foremost for your own benefit and then that of your man/subsequent family. it is a GOOD thing. trust me. Ask all the men who have left their women for the simple reason that they were rubbish in the kitchen. I know my cooking well well o! No man will run away from me when he starts eating from my pot! word to the wise,
Hmmnn,  cheesy cheesy maybe you should go after men that will love you and respect you for you regardless of whether or not you cook or whether or not your cooking is terrible. My sister, if a guy wants to leave because of cooking, your problem is bigger than food.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by retro(f): 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2006
mizkay:

@ all the girls who say they can't cook/wont cook blah blah blah blah blah. Piece of advice - no cook now. no problem. but no cry when i come cook better food for ya man and them him follow me come run away from you. knowing how to cook is an art, a talent. it is first and foremost for your own benefit and then that of your man/subsequent family. it is a GOOD thing. trust me. Ask all the men who have left their women for the simple reason that they were rubbish in the kitchen. I know my cooking well well o! No man will run away from me when he starts eating from my pot! word to the wise,
If my man should leave me for you just because of your food, then you've got nothing else to offer. The man's a fool. I'll be happy to let him go.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2006
thanx sista grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Badman888(m): 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2006
if u really love the man u would go to catering school retro tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by retro(f): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2006
Badman888:

if u really love the man u would go to catering school retro tongue
Sure. But if my boyfriend loves me, he'll accept the fact that I can't cook.
He can cook if he wants. All I have to do is buy already made food and warm it up.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 1:17pm On Jun 18, 2006
thats wat am talking bout girl.he can go and die if e cant cook and expect me to cook 4 him.women arent slaves u know grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Badman888(m): 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2006
yea, if he truly loves u then he should teach u how to cook, but i hope u know how to cook, its not good to plan to be preparing ready made food for ur husband/partner.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by retro(f): 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2006
Badman888:

yea, if he truly loves u then he should teach u how to cook, but i hope u know how to cook, its not good to plan to be preparing ready made food for your husband/partner.
Look, I've found the right guy already. I'm with him. I've told him that I don't plan on getting married and I can't cook and he accepts it. Trust me, he'll prefer already made food than MY own. I can't cook. It always gets burnt or it's too salty or whatever. Cooking isn't my thing.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Badman888(m): 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2006
yah like in ur case ure lucky happy for you girls that can cook they are still men that are out there that would accept u without u not knowing how to cook, me its 50-50 decision i cant bother myself if she can cook at 1st, but would like her to know how to cook good food tongue, but hey u never know,
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2006
can you cook? grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Badman888(m): 1:35pm On Jun 18, 2006
abit, learn new stuff time to time am living on my own when am at school so have to survive u know. and all those fast food are not that shyt 4 me,
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2006
umnnnnnnn
r u sure ur cooking is not asepo
i mean mixing everything together just to eat something
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Badman888(m): 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2006
nahh i aint that lazy i hope that not what u do
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2006
thats xactly wat i do!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Badman888(m): 1:41pm On Jun 18, 2006
embarassed dnt think me or many guys out there can stay in da same house with yah grin
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 1:44pm On Jun 18, 2006
oh couldnt be bothered about guys.i could be a spinster 4 life for all i care.but anyguy that wouldnt be with someone just cos she cant cook shud check himself grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by edatika(m): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2006
well it's not that bad,
some guys might not mind.
but really if u intend to marry a full blooded african (not 'westernised' african)
ability to cook will add to the quality of a wife u are.

but u'v said u dont want to get married anyway, cos u r still young

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's Always Your First Choice For Breakfast? / New White Baby Cot Bed for 35k / Which Is Your Bad Kitchen Habit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.