Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,071 members, 7,919,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 08:55 AM

If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! (13609 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / God Is Obligated To Keep The World Rotating Because If He Doesn't,... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Candour(m): 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
Gombs: ^^
Oya get bck to your tithe gist

grin

I only wanted to knw whether God annulled the covenant he had with papa AB

So you thought me and Jo were talking of Covenant even after you by yourself put CIRCUMCISION in large bold font

I know you just wanted to have a victory to celebrate in our discussions right? wink Keep trying bro

Thank God you're back from the comedy island anyway wink

Oya...bye bye grin cool

1 Like

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
Candour:

So you thought me and Jo were talking of Covenant even after you by yourself put CIRCUMCISION in large bold font

I know you just wanted to have a victory to celebrate in our discussions right? wink Keep trying bro

Thank God you're back from the comedy island anyway wink

Oya...bye bye grin cool

Yes , Comedy it is . grin
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Candour(m): 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
Oya get bck to your tithe gist

grin

I only wanted to knw whether God annulled the covenant he had with papa AB ...and you rightly answered thus

By the way, would you join me celebrate pastor Chris on his birthday this saturday? 7/12/13

grin

Thank God say i didn't fail the test o......Gombs was salivating to pounce. wink grin grin

So your G.O shares birthday with my Father in law? even my own birthday is around that period but i no go tell you the exact day....before you use it against me in our discussions wink

Where is it happening? are you sure i'm free to come
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Gombs(m): 1:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
Candour:

Thank God say i didn't fail the test o......Gombs was salivating to pounce. wink grin grin

So your G.O shares birthday with my Father in law? even my own birthday is around that period but i no go tell you the exact day....before you use it against me in our discussions wink

Where is it happening? are you sure i'm free to come

Yeah...

Visit this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1540915/offer-7-celebration-pastor-chris

HBD to your father-in-Law in advance!

Cnt use your bday against you na... grin ... Am not Kunle who fights pple on their Bday
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Candour(m): 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
Gombs:

Yeah...

Visit this thread

Cnt use your bday against you na... grin ... Am not Kunle who fights pple on their Bday

Thanks for the wishes. God bless

Meanwhile, leave Kun alone o... grin
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Gombs(m): 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
Candour:

Thanks for the wishes. God bless

Meanwhile, leave Kun alone o... grin

Ok o!
grin
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by PastorKun(m): 1:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
Gombs:

Yeah...

Visit this thread

And who/when did I fight someone on his Bday Or is it wrong to pray for a brother to repent like I did for Joe money bags on his birthday?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Alwaystrue(f): 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
@Candour,
There is nothing like a lie or twist there. If you cool down and study, you will see what I said was no lie. cheesy I am not surprised at the impatience shown anyway, no be today.
Happy Birthday in advance on your birthday cheesy

@Gombs,
This is what happens when you read the bible too fast. Seems it gives them a kick.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by macof(m): 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
Joagbaje:

The law is not the foundation . But the law contains some vital kingdom principles . Paul quoted the law several times to Christians who are new creation.
answer his question, is Mal 3:8-11 preaching law or freewill?

Even gentile Christians who never had a law for that matter .

The law may only be used as illustration but not as foundation. Because principles exist before the law.

Every group of people has a law that all must follow, the Jews have their laws, the Oyos have their laws. It's not about gentile vs Jew, it's the Jews who are looking for rivals, so gentiles don't even cares about their laws because they have laws of their own

Laws are made to guide principles. They are variants of the same thing
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by macof(m): 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
Joagbaje:

Blood sacrifice ended with christ.
And tithe didn't undecided
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Gombs(m): 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Candour,
There is nothing like a lie or twist there. If you cool down and study, you will see what I said was no lie. cheesy I am not surprised at the impatience shown anyway, no be today.

@Gombs,
This is what happens when you read the bible too fast. Seems it gives them a kick.

I dey telz you.... grin
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Candour(m): 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Candour,

It was a lie sister. I can conceed it was a mistake if you say so.

It's you that needs to cool down and digest that verse. Mal 3:7 ended with a question mark, so where was the answer you claimed was embedded in that same verse 7?

I too am not surprised at your impatience in addressing the issue.

Thanks a lot for the birthday wishes. God bless you plenty grin

@Gombs,

I hope this admonition is for Gombs who was too quick that he mistook CIRCUMCISION for COVENANT in the gist between Jo and i?

If it is, then you're in order. If its not, i would boldly accuse you of bias and i wont be wrong. See the trail of the discussion so you can be brought up to speed.

Meanwhile, Gombs and i have identified the misunderstanding, corrected it and have moved on.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Gombs(m): 2:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
^^
What is this one saying sef?

Circumcision was the covenant na....not so?

Go and read Gen 17 with glasses thick like coca cola bottle.

10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised.

You are sore confused my friend grin
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Candour(m): 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
What is this one saying sef?

Circumcision was the covenant na....not so?

Go and read Gen 17 with glasses thick like coca cola bottle.

10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised.

You are sore confused my friend grin

You don't have to reverse simply because you want to justify an associate. It portrays you as a double minded man very unstable in all his ways

Circumcision was Abraham's part of the Covenant. Christ coming, death and resurrection has absolved me of all requirements to access the covenant. All i need do is believe the gospel and i am automatically a bonafide member of God's family. The holy spirit then circumcises my heart.

CIRCUMCISION OF THE FLESH IS DONE AWAY WITH, IRRELEVANT, NAILED TO THE CROSS

Do you want to hear the salvation message afresh?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Alwaystrue(f): 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
Candour:

It was a lie sister. I can conceed it was a mistake if you say so.

It's you that needs to cool down and digest that verse. Mal 3:7 ended with a question mark, so where was the answer you claimed was embedded in that same verse 7?

I too am not surprised at your impatience in addressing the issue.

Thanks a lot for the birthday wishes. God bless you plenty grin
Amen. Thanks lol.

God was simply saying they departed from His ordinances given long ago and have refused to keep them so they should return back to Him BUT they are still asking him how?
The answer was before the question.

It was more a question of 'and you are still asking me, even after I told you you have departed from my ordinances?'.

Mal. 3:8 was another statement.
But since you feel its a lie. It is OK. It does not change anything anyway. You will not accept even the ones written bodly for you to see. So no biggie.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Candour(m): 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
Alwaystrue:
Amen. Thanks lol.

God was simply saying they departed from His ordinances given long ago and have refused to keep them so they should return back to Him BUT they are still asking him how?
The answer was before the question.

It was more a question of 'and you are still asking me, even after I told you you have departed from my ordinances?'.

Mal. 3:8 was another statement.
But since you feel its a lie. It is OK. It does not change anything anyway. You will not accept even the ones written bodly for you to see. So no biggie.

You're still glossing over the truth. It's not about feeling it's a lie. It's about being 100% sure Its a lie to say Mal 3:8 has nothing to do with Mal 3:7. That is standing truth on it's head.

It's so clear i wonder how you insist on missing it
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Gombs(m): 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
Candour:

You don't have to reverse simply because you want to justify an associate. It portrays you as a double minded man very unstable in all his ways

Circumcision was Abraham's part of the Covenant. Christ coming, death and resurrection has absolved me of all requirements to access the covenant. All i need do is believe the gospel and i am automatically a bonafide member of God's family. The holy spirit then circumcises my heart.

CIRCUMCISION OF THE FLESH IS DONE AWAY WITH, IRRELEVANT, NAILED TO THE CROSS

Do you want to hear the salvation message afresh?

But since you feel its a lie. It is OK. It does not
change anything anyway. You will not accept even the
ones written bodly for you to see. So no biggie.

Gbamest
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Joagbaje(m): 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
Candour:

Are you saved by the covenant with Abraham or by the cross of Jesus Christ?

Christ is a result of the abrahamic covenant this is different from the covenant of Sinai called Old Testament through Moses and the law.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Candour(m): 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
Gombs:

Gbamest

So Gbamest is all you have to say? So you won't even admit your confusion?

Hmm.....My friend runs away......yet again

Anyway, i hope you now know the difference between CIRCUMCISION and COVENANT? wink
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Candour(m): 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
Joagbaje:

Christ is a result of the abrahamic covenant this is different from the covenant of Sinai called Old Testament through Moses and the law.

Very correct.

Kindly help educate Gombs, He seems not to be sure
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Joagbaje(m): 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2013
macof:
And tithe didn't undecided

Tithe has nothing to do with the messiah . Likewise prayers , worship , alms giving . They are eternal principles
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Gombs(m): 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
Some folks don't knw the diff btw the Abrahamic Covenant and the Mosaic Covenant!

They think the Abrahamic Covenant is not Circumcision, they think in Gen 17, the word covenant and Circumcision are two different things ...but like @Always true said and I quote:

" It does not change anything anyway. You will not accept even the ones written bodly for you to see So no biggie. "

Oh well!...I rest my case grin
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Joagbaje(m): 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
macof: answer his question, is Mal 3:8-11 preaching law or freewill?

Law , hope you're ok now?

Every group of people has a law that all must follow, the Jews have their laws, the Oyos have their laws. It's not about gentile vs Jew, it's the Jews who are looking for rivals, so gentiles don't even cares about their laws because they have laws of their own

Laws are made to guide principles. They are variants of the same thing

You don't get the point. Jewish The law you are condemning I'm saying paul quoted it to the church many times. If the law is bad why would paul quote it to Christians especially gentile Christians who were not under Jewish law by default .
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
Joagbaje:

Tithe has nothing to do with the messiah . Likewise prayers , worship , alms giving . They are eternal principles

and you are a Pastor ? SMH.

I am sorry the Spirit of GOD will never lead his beloved children into error. Check up mate and examine if you are still in the faith, you propagate error left , right and center.

What shocks me the most is how gullible followers tag along without putting their grey matter to use as designed.

smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Gombs(m): 4:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
frosbel:

I am sorry the Spirit of GOD will never lead his beloved children into error. Check up mate and examine if you are still in the faith, you propagate error left , right and center.

What shocks me the most is how gullible followers tag along without putting their grey matter to use as designed.

smiley

Coming from a JW grin
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
Gombs:

Coming from a JW grin

Nope , never was a JW and not a Pentecostal either.

Simply a believer in the Messiah Jesus. wink
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Gombs(m): 4:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
frosbel:

Nope , never was a JW and not a Pentecostal either.

Simply a believer in the Messiah Jesus. wink

I hear u
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Candour(m): 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
Gombs: Some folks don't knw the diff btw the Abrahamic Covenant and the Mosaic Covenant!

They think the Abrahamic Covenant is not Circumcision, they think in Gen 17, the word covenant and Circumcision are two different things ...but like @Always true said and I quote:

" It does not change anything anyway. You will not accept even the ones written bodly for you to see So no biggie. "

Oh well!...I rest my case grin

You so much like to swim in self inflicted confusion

see my first post you quoted

Candour:

Same with Tithes, circumcision and other ordinances

Colossians 2:14 KJV
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Which was in response to this from Jo

Joagbaje: Blood sacrifice ended with christ.

Now is it so difficult for you to realize that acceptance into the the family of God is no longer dependent on circumcision like in the covenant with Abraham?

See my immediate response to your first post

Candour: So you mean a physically uncircumcised man has fallen short of the requirements of God?

So Abraham's blessings are not for a man not physically circumcised?

Which shows i was still talking about the New Birth and Salvation just like Jo who mentioned the cross of Christ as having abolished Blood sacrifice

What exactly is your confusion? You just want to satisfy yourself that you succeeded in tripping me up?

Once again, Hear it loud and clear

CIRCUMCISION HAS BEEN NAILED TO THE CROSS

because the cross is sufficient for salvation and access to the blessings and covenant of God with Abraham
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by macof(m): 5:29pm On Dec 03, 2013
Joagbaje:

So souls give tithes in heaven undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by macof(m): 5:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
Joagbaje:

Law , hope you're ok now?

You don't get the point. Jewish The law you are condemning I'm saying paul quoted it to the church many times. If the law is bad why would paul quote it to Christians especially gentile Christians who were not under Jewish law by default .

Wat do u expect Paul to do? "Come leave the God of ur ancestors and worship the God of the Jews through Jesus his son" -this was his message

And of course by adopting such God of radical racist Jews required leaving ur laws for theirs.

That's why I am trying to correct wat all these people have done.

Leave wat isn't urs alone and go back to ur roots, u have no business wit tithing.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by PastorKun(m): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
frosbel:

smiley

You can't blame him na, even his idol/oga @ the top (oyaks) is heavily steeped in error.

1 Like

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by PastorKun(m): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
frosbel:

smiley

You can't blame him na, even his oga @ the top whom he idolises (Oyaks) is heavily steeped in error.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Difference Between Sex And Romance And Is Romance A Sin? / Clean Jokes / Nigeria Baptist Convention Paid Bandits N250m To Release Abducted Bethel Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.