Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,344 members, 7,978,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:02 PM

If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! (13715 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / God Is Obligated To Keep The World Rotating Because If He Doesn't,... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Goshen360(m): 3:24am On Dec 06, 2013
anukulapo:
You answered the question in your post already. Under the law,it was DEMANDED but Abraham "gave" without being asked to.
Like saying it was recorded that Jesus administered passover meal with his disciples only once so what do we eat it often (yea,I know Luke recorded that he asked his disciples to do it in remembrance of him)?
Though Abraham paid it just once and from spoils of war it doesn't follow that (even under the law) any tithe payer must only pay from spoils of war.
It is the act/practice that was adapted not the pattern of the first practice.

I know you're always sincere because you and I have had discussion before. Now, lemme split your posts:

Under the law,it was DEMANDED but Abraham "gave" without being asked to.

When you introduced me to a 'but' in your statement above. I believe one statement negates the other in the conjunction. If it was COMMANDED in the law but done as a freewill in the case of Abraham, why do I have to be threaten with a curse of not bringing it? That tells me, both are not the same. It should be by my own free and that's what the new testament clearly supports. Every giving is a certain percentage of one's income, be it 1.5%, 3%, 10%, 11%, 20.99% etc. That's if it is by law, it is no longer of Grace + faith.

Though Abraham paid it just once and from spoils of war it doesn't follow that (even under the law) any tithe payer must only pay from spoils of war. It is the act/practice that was adapted not the pattern of the first practice.

Obviously, you don't understand my question in the start - Christ is the foundation (1 Cor.3v11) and everything else, the Apostles built on that foundation not laying again another foundation. In the same manner, If Abraham's tithe is an extension that was formalized in the law, tithe-able items from the spoils of war would have been included in the tithe items. Items from war were never acceptable nor mentioned as tithe-able items before they were not graciously provided by God.

It is the act/practice that was adapted not the pattern of the first practice.

If it is the act\practice of tithe that was adopted and formalized, then the conditions also should be applied. The conditions of those who receive the tithe not working and not having inheritance, the tithers should be allowed to eat their tithes as they deem fit, and in the case of Abraham, the rest 90% should not be held unto by the tither, Abraham returned all and kept nothing because spoils from war doesn't belong to him. All terms and conditions also must apply if the practice\act is to be applied to Christians. What do you think?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Zikkyy(m): 6:54am On Dec 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

Is honoring your father and mother not preach able ? Is fasting not peaceable . You preach what you believe. Especially if you have bible backing or foundation for it the application gets results.

the NT instruct Christians to honor their parents, that's one reason its teach-able.
fasting is not taught as a biblical command. When pastor advise members to fast, it's usually based on revelation. Like you said in one of ya post fasting is a choice, and people have the freewill to determine the nature of their fast. there's no biblical command for Christians to tithe, so how do you teach tithe? As a choice? You tell somebody to give 10% because of some benefits you received when you gave 10%? What if the person been receiving similar benefits from giving 20% or 5%? Why tell him to give less when his desire is to give more?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by anukulapo: 8:18am On Dec 06, 2013
Goshen360:

I know you're always sincere because you and I have had discussion before. Now, lemme split your posts:

why do I have to be threaten with a curse of not bringing it? That tells me, both are not the same. It should be by my own free and that's what the new testament clearly supports.

Thanks for acknowledging such. I believe you are also out for good -- the true gospel.
You will agree with me that either pro or anti, grievous wolves have infiltrated the ranks. Why will they not issue threats?

Goshen360:

Obviously, you don't understand my question in the start - Christ is the foundation (1 Cor.3v11) and everything else, the Apostles built on that foundation not laying again another foundation. In the same manner, If Abraham's tithe is an extension that was formalized in the law, tithe-able items from the spoils of war would have been included in the tithe items. Items from war were never acceptable nor mentioned as tithe-able items before they were not graciously provided by God.

Maybe I didn't BUT I think I do. That's why I said the act of given 10% was accepted and adopted as a gracious giving by Abraham though the source of the materials were spoils BUT as for the status of the law, the content was determined by the God as per his own desired lifestyle for his people. He mustn't take it hook,line and sinker. We should reserve the liberty for him,shouldn't we?

Goshen360:

If it is the act\practice of tithe that was adopted and formalized, then the conditions also should be applied. The conditions of those who receive the tithe not working and not having inheritance, the tithers should be allowed to eat their tithes as they deem fit, and in the case of Abraham, the rest 90% should not be held unto by the tither, Abraham returned all and kept nothing because spoils from war doesn't belong to him. All terms and conditions also must apply if the practice\act is to be applied to Christians. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Like I said earlier, we cannot but let God decide the pattern if Abraham's 100% action should be adopted or about 10% (tithe) of Abraham's action be adopted to form a new practice.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 11:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

The bible declares the blood of Jesus better than the blood of bulls. Blood of animals were to cover people flesh for a season . But the blood of christ is perfect and eternal . And it cleanses man spirit soul and body

The Bible also said in Romans 10: 4 - "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes" or Romans 8:1-4 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

1 Like

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 07, 2013
trustman:

The Bible also said in Romans 10: 4 - "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes" or Romans 8:1-4 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Yeah..this is where most christians stop in their revelations and think that since Christ have fufilled the law;there are no more laws to be obeyed.

Actually obedience to the voice of the Holy Spirit in line with God's word is even higher than the mosaic laws.
The Holy Spirit speak to us on a daily basis. He might tell you to give your fanciful car you idolize so much to your next door neighbour, He might tell you to give your whole salary you sweated for a month for the sake of the needy, He might tell you to abandon your lucrative job and go to the bush to preach the gospel.

As sons in the kingdom obedience to the Spirit of God is what makes us mature and not some written law concerning tithes, offerings etc.

If you feel you don't need to tithe, well that's your prerogative,Don't discourage people who are inspired by the Spirit of God to tithe.

It all boils down to choices and freewill. God is not mocked by outward piety. He considers the heart of the giver first before any other thing.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by shdemidemi(m): 6:00am On Dec 07, 2013
^^^
You have to be careful not to misjudge your conscience for the voice of God/Holy Spirit. Obedience to the Spirit of God can only mean understanding and acting based on the understanding gained from the word of God as written in the Bible. We need to learn God's word through scriptures to know and quantify that which is expected of us as Christians and not through any supposed 'spiritual experience'.

2 Likes

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 10:18am On Dec 07, 2013
Bidam: Yeah..this is where most christians stop in their revelations and think that since Christ have fufilled the law;there are no more laws to be obeyed.

Any significant thing required of the Christian will be found in the New Testament epistles which constitute the blueprint for living the Christian life. Do you agree?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 10:19am On Dec 07, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^
You have to be careful not to misjudge your conscience for the voice of God/Holy Spirit. Obedience to the Spirit of God can only mean understanding and acting based on the understanding gained from the word of God as written in the Bible. We need to learn God's word through scriptures to know and quantify that which is expected of us as Christians and not through any supposed 'spiritual experience'.

Absolutely!
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 07, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^

can you pin point anywhere in my post where i said obedience to the Spirit should be outside the word of God?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
trustman:

Any significant thing required of the Christian will be found in the New Testament epistles which constitute the blueprint for living the Christian life. Do you agree?
Don't be hasty..re read my post again..scripture records people giving their all to God.Read and learn.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 10:19pm On Dec 07, 2013
Bidam: Don't be hasty..re read my post again..scripture records people giving their all to God.Read and learn.

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
trustman:

Wrong.....Jesus sayings and teachings before going to the cross is valid and binding on every believer.So also is the Law and the prophets.Christ was concealed in the OT and revealed in the NT.like i tell goshen and your friend, there is a synergy between the OT and NT.

(John 14:21-24) "He who has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is who loves me: ... If a man loves me, he will keep my word: ... He who does not love me does not keep not my sayings: and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me."
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 11:13pm On Dec 07, 2013
Bidam: Wrong.....Jesus sayings and teachings before going to the cross is valid and binding on every believer.So also is the Law and the prophets.Christ was concealed in the OT and revealed in the NT.like i tell goshen and your friend, there is a synergy between the OT and NT.

(John 14:21-24) "He who has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is who loves me: ... If a man loves me, he will keep my word: ... He who does not love me does not keep not my sayings: and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me."

Did the Bible Apostles give us all that we need for the Christian way of life or did they leave out anything?
Do we know more today about the Christian way of life than they did?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
trustman:

Did the Bible Apostles give us all that we need for the Christian way of life or did they leave out anything?
Go study to show yourself approved bro...Gud nyt. grin
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by UKDBOSS: 2:39am On Dec 08, 2013
Yes u re required to keep the law. Jesus didnt come 2 abolish d law. The law is made up of two components; sin and punishment. Eg. If a man dishonours his father let him die. There is no sin where dere is no law so the mere fact that sin exists means d law exists. Grace takes away d punishment 4 sin. Jesus bore it
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
Bidam: Go study to show yourself approved bro...Gud nyt. grin

I am curious to have your answer to:

1 Like

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 7:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
UKDBOSS: Yes u re required to keep the law. Jesus didnt come 2 abolish d law. The law is made up of two components; sin and punishment. Eg. If a man dishonours his father let him die. There is no sin where dere is no law so the mere fact that sin exists means d law exists. Grace takes away d punishment 4 sin. Jesus bore it

Which post exactly are you referring to?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
trustman:

I am curious to have your answer to:

I said you should go and study more.Do you discard the words of Jesus himself? Was Jesus not the FIRST APOSTLE?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
Bidam: I said you should go and study more.Do you discard the words of Jesus himself? Was Jesus not the FIRST APOSTLE?

Are you referring to Hebrews 3:1?
Did Jesus Christ or any of the other Bible Apostles give any specific directions or commands about how to live the Christian life, if so what are they in relation to the issue in context?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
trustman:

Are you referring to Hebrews 3:1?
Did Jesus Christ or any of the other Bible Apostles give any specific directions or commands about how to live the Christian life, if so what are they in relation to the issue in context?
What does Mathew 23:23 tells you? Do you believe Jesus was speaking to you?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 10:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
Bidam: What does Mathew 23:23 tells you? Do you believe Jesus was speaking to you?

I was reacting to your post - Bidam: I said you should go and study more.Do you discard the words of Jesus himself? Was Jesus not the FIRST APOSTLE?

That is why i asked - Are you referring to Hebrews 3:1?

Is the context of apostleship of Jesus the passage i referred to?

On Matthew 23:23 note the following:
1. The verse started by telling us who Jesus was addressing - "Woe to you, scribes [teachers of the law: NIV] and Pharisees, hypocrites!"
It was a pronouncement of woe,an accusation . To who? To the scribes and Pharisees. Who were called what? Hypocrites! The Pharisees
were hypocrites concerning tithing!
2. “For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cumin …” The “you” here is still the scribes and Pharisees continuing from “woe is you scribes and
Pharisees”! They had overstated tithing to include spices which the Law had never intended.
3. “And [you] have omitted the weightier matters of the law -- judgment, mercy, and faith.” Jesus here says to the scribes and Pharisees that
judgment, mercy and faith” are more important “matters of the law” than was tithing. Even though the law is one, Jesus showed here in
Matthew 23:23 that some things in the law were ‘weightier’ than others. In this verse, justice, mercy and faithfulness are heavier and
weightier than the rules for tithing spices.
4. If you interpret this verse as Jesus’ command for Christians to tithe money (which the text does not directly state) should you not also take
it as Jesus’ command for the church to tithe garden spices - mint, dill and cumin - according to the Law (which the text does plainly state).
Has the Law changed (Lev. 27:30-34) ?

However, while quoting this very text in an attempt to prove that Jesus taught tithing to the Church, there is probably no church on earth which actually tells its members to literally bring tithes of garden spices.
If you must take this verse then it must be all of it as it is. If you think it recommends tithing then does it include things not specified by the Law?
There is no one who emphasizes tithing who emphasizes more these weightier matters of the law. Why is this so?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
trustman:

I was reacting to your post - Bidam: I said you should go and study more.Do you discard the words of Jesus himself? Was Jesus not the FIRST APOSTLE?

That is why i asked - Are you referring to Hebrews 3:1?

Is the context of apostleship of Jesus the passage i referred to?

On Matthew 23:23 note the following:
1. The verse started by telling us who Jesus was addressing - "Woe to you, scribes [teachers of the law: NIV] and Pharisees, hypocrites!"
It was a pronouncement of woe,an accusation . To who? To the scribes and Pharisees. Who were called what? Hypocrites! The Pharisees
were hypocrites concerning tithing!
2. “For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cumin …” The “you” here is still the scribes and Pharisees continuing from “woe is you scribes and
Pharisees”! They had overstated tithing to include spices which the Law had never intended.
3. “And [you] have omitted the weightier matters of the law -- judgment, mercy, and faith.” Jesus here says to the scribes and Pharisees that
judgment, mercy and faith” are more important “matters of the law” than was tithing. Even though the law is one, Jesus showed here in
Matthew 23:23 that some things in the law were ‘weightier’ than others. In this verse, justice, mercy and faithfulness are heavier and
weightier than the rules for tithing spices.
4. If you interpret this verse as Jesus’ command for Christians to tithe money (which the text does not directly state) should you not also take
it as Jesus’ command for the church to tithe garden spices - mint, dill and cumin - according to the Law (which the text does plainly state).
Has the Law changed (Lev. 27:30-34) ?

However, while quoting this very text in an attempt to prove that Jesus taught tithing to the Church, there is probably no church on earth which actually tells its members to literally bring tithes of garden spices.
If you must take this verse then it must be all of it as it is. If you think it recommends tithing then does it include things not specified by the Law?
There is no one who emphasizes tithing who emphasizes more these weightier matters of the law. Why is this so?
All the teachings and sayings of Jesus is applicable to both the pharisees and his disciples who were constantly with him. He came to save the Jewish nation and by extension the whole world,so your case that he was referring to the pharisees alone has no moral standing.All scripture including MAT 23:23 IS WRITTEN FOR OUR LEARNING AND INSTRUCTION.

As for whether it is not monetary but agric which is a flimsy excuse antithers use is not the issue. The issue is the motive and principle behind Jesus sayings. Weightier matters are important to BOTH the pharisees,Sadducees,scribes,Jews,disciples,gentiles all who come to Him, so also is lesser matters like tithing( a form of giving really) More-so you failed to consider other translations that refer the cumins as money.

Matthew 23

The Message (MSG) 23-24 “You’re hopeless, you religion scholars and Pharisees! Frauds! [size=16pt]You keep meticulous account books, tithing on every nickel and dime you get,[/size] but on the meat of God’s Law, things like fairness and compassion and commitment—the absolute basics!—you carelessly take it or leave it. [size=16pt]Careful bookkeeping is commendable,[/size] but the basics are required. Do you have any idea how silly you look, writing a life story that’s wrong from start to finish, nitpicking over commas and semicolons?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 11:44pm On Dec 08, 2013
Bidam: All the teachings and sayings of Jesus is applicable to both the pharisees and his disciples who were constantly with him. He came to save the Jewish nation and by extension the whole world,so your case that he was referring to the pharisees alone has no moral standing.All scripture including MAT 23:23 IS WRITTEN FOR OUR LEARNING AND INSTRUCTION.

See one saying of Jesus: Matthew 8:4 –
Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”

Tell me which gifts commanded by Moses we are to give today and under what circumstances.
How applicable is this and clearly explain the process.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 09, 2013
trustman:

See one saying of Jesus: Matthew 8:4 –
Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”

Tell me which gifts commanded by Moses we are to give today and under what circumstances.
How applicable is this and clearly explain the process.
As a testimony to them..referring to the unbelieving Jews who said he cast out devils by the prince of beelzebub, in other words they attributed the work of the Holy Spirit to the devil which is a blasphemy and an unpardonable sin. In this dispensation If God heals you. You give testimony in church in appreciation to what God has done. Infact you are to come thanking God abi no be so? As the lepers went all were cleansed ONLY ONE came to give thanks.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by trustman: 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2013
Bidam: [b]In this dispensation If God heals you. You give testimony in church in appreciation to what God has done.

Remember your exact words - All the teachings and sayings of Jesus is applicable to both the pharisees and his disciples who were constantly with him. He came to save the Jewish nation and by extension the whole world,so your case that he was referring to the pharisees alone has no moral standing.All scripture including MAT 23:23 IS WRITTEN FOR OUR LEARNING AND INSTRUCTION.

Why are you now implying that in this DISPENSATION instead of going to offer the gift Moses commanded we should give TESTIMONY. TESTIMONY AND GIFT are certainly different things, are they not?
SHOULD WE NOT FOLLOW JESUS WORDS TO THE LETTER?
Secondly, which is THIS DISPENSATION, and what characterizes THIS DISPENSATION?
Why are you implying a change for THIS DISPENSATION?

2 Likes

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Goshen360(m): 11:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
trustman:

Remember your exact words - All the teachings and sayings of Jesus is applicable to both the pharisees and his disciples who were constantly with him. He came to save the Jewish nation and by extension the whole world,so your case that he was referring to the pharisees alone has no moral standing.All scripture including MAT 23:23 IS WRITTEN FOR OUR LEARNING AND INSTRUCTION.

Why are you now implying that in this DISPENSATION instead of going to offer the gift Moses commanded we should give TESTIMONY. TESTIMONY AND GIFT are certainly different things, are they not?
SHOULD WE NOT FOLLOW JESUS WORDS TO THE LETTER?
Why are you implying a change for THIS DISPENSATION?

Forget it, we know and understand the game, no be today we don dey see that kind game - it's called change the goal post when it doesn't suit you. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Goshen360(m): 11:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
Bidam: As a testimony to them..referring to the unbelieving Jews who said he cast out devils by the prince of beelzebub, in other words they attributed the work of the Holy Spirit to the devil which is a blasphemy and an unpardonable sin. In this dispensation If God heals you. You give testimony in church in appreciation to what God has done. Infact you are to come thanking God abi no be so? As the lepers went all were cleansed ONLY ONE came to give thanks.

1. What is the "as a testimony to them..." in that context?...Just go to church and give testimony or "show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded"?

2. And please, what is the gift that Moses commanded that Christians are suppose to offer to priest?
3. Which priest?
4. Do you have priest in the five-fold ministry today when all Christians are priest unto God?
5. Which church was Jesus addressing when the NT Church actually began on Pentecost?

2 Likes

Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 10, 2013
[quote author=trustman]

Yeah..nothing wrong with the statement above.
You are the one that quoted that scripture, not me i hope you remember.So i explained the principle behind it.Paul also talked about gifts offered to temple as an analogy to the church i hope you are aware(
SHOULD WE NOT FOLLOW JESUS WORDS TO THE LET
When Jesus said if you eat my flesh and drink my blood.Does it mean we should literally do that
Why are you implying a change for THIS DISPENSATION
WHO IMPLIED A CHANGE FOR THIS DISPENSATION?
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 10, 2013
Goshen360:

Forget it, we know and understand the game, no be today we don dey see that kind game - it's called change the goal post when it doesn't suit you. cheesy
funny..where the ball and the post You have forgotten you posted this same question not too long ago in this forum and it was answered by alwaytrue..you are just being ignorant thats all.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 10, 2013
Goshen360:

1. What is the "as a testimony to them..." in that context?...Just go to church and give testimony or "show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded"?

2. And please, what is the gift that Moses commanded that Christians are suppose to offer to priest?
3. Which priest?
4. Do you have priest in the five-fold ministry today when all Christians are priest unto God?
5. Which church was Jesus addressing when the NT Church actually began on Pentecost?
1. I have explained that in my initial post when trustman asked the question.Jesus is the High priest.The testimony is for unbeliving folks so their faith can be stirred up to believe in miracles of Jesus even if they don't believe in His Word so they might be saved.

2.Paul quoted Moses(1 cor9:13) and he said In the same way... What gift was he reffering to here? Who received the gifts Paul, moses or Jesus

3.You tell us..who is the high priest present whenever Christians are gathered together

4.We are all priest before God and as far as the fivefold is concerned not all of us are called to the fivefold.The last time i checked Jesus is the one receiving the gifts not the five fold..Even Paul said so.8-)
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam: As a testimony to them..referring to the unbelieving Jews who said he cast out devils by the prince of beelzebub, in other words they attributed the work of the Holy Spirit to the devil which is a blasphemy and an unpardonable sin. In this dispensation If God heals you. You give testimony in church in appreciation to what God has done. Infact you are to come thanking God abi no be so? As the lepers went all were cleansed ONLY ONE came to give thanks.
In addition when you come for thankgiving..You present an offering(gift) to the Lord to appreciate Him for what He did.This is scriptural.

But during the jews era if we want to take that scripture by literal intepretation...We know that any unclean persons is kept outside the camp and left until he or she becomes clean to join the congregation.Jesus violated even the tradition by touching the unclean to heal and deliver, so the testimony here is to present yourself to the priest at that time so they can pronounce you clean and offer gifts also to the temple according to the mosaic laws.
Re: If You Tithe, You Are Obligated To Keep The Whole Law! by shdemidemi(m): 8:24am On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam: In addition when you come for thankgiving..You present an offering(gift) to the Lord to appreciate Him for what He did.This is scriptural.

But during the jews era if we want to take that scripture by literal intepretation...We know that any unclean persons is kept outside the camp and left until he or she becomes clean to join the congregation.Jesus violated even the tradition by touching the unclean to heal and deliver, so the testimony here is to present yourself to the priest at that time so they can pronounce you clean and offer gifts also to the temple according to the mosaic laws.

What happened to give thanks in all things?

That story of the ten lepers is far from what you think it is bro. The name of the ten wasn't given but the scripture says ten men; these ten can be likened to the present church today.

Like the ten, most of us go to God for what we can get. The ten begged for mercy, they were healed by Christ. He told the ten to go show themselves to the priest. But, only one understand the twist and the change in authority. He did not go to the priest but he came back to Jesus (High priest).

That scripture was a shadow of a change from the law (Moses) to Christ. Notice that the guy that came back was not only healed, he was also saved.

The story had nothing to do with giving gifts but the cry of wanting a relationship with Christ. Knowing what we want or desire is not the end but a means to an end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Peace And Safety, The Rapture Is Here / Tb Joshua Prophesied About A Possible Carnage At Our Airport This Week / Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.