Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,322 members, 7,888,013 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:34 PM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54708 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Beezally(f): 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

I ddnt ask what the Holy Eucharist or Holy Communion is, (am a Christian)...

I asked of its significance....
can't u read jesus told his disciples do this in REMEMBRANCE OF ME. So can u see d significance

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
Beezally: history of the station of the cross
After the death and resurrection of jesus at about 32/33ad,many people began to reflect upon his passion and death. These people, especially those who believed in him were convinced that the death of jesus was different. From other deaths. the fact that jesus did not remain in the grave made his death much more wonderful and exceptional . These early Christians began to make visits to jerusalem so as to physically walk in jesus footsteps in a prayerful mood these christians would walk along the way remembering what happened to jesus on those spots. That street that jesus walked on is still called VIA DOLOROSA marked the important places on the street so that those who came after them could follow and make their devotions. The visitors became known as pilgrims. Hope this helps u

Can u show us who dis people are and what they did in "the Bible". Since the Bible contains the deeds of the 1st Apostles!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 4:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
Beezally: can't u read jesus told his disciples do this in REMEMBRANCE OF ME. So can u see d significance

wow outright abuse! Well that's not all...u only mentioned its significance of doing it....what did it meant while Jesus had the last supper with his Disciples?! I am learnin so dnt abuse me oh!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Bulldog(m): 4:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

I ddnt ask what the Holy Eucharist or Holy Communion is, (am a Christian)...

I asked of its significance....
A christian that doesn't know the significance of the holy communion is not a christian so dont call yourself that because the significance of the holy eucharist is the basis for christianity
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Can u show us who dis people are and what they did in "the Bible". Since the Bible contains the deeds of the 1st Apostles!
guy!!!!!!!!!!!! cut us some slacks we are trying to cure your ignorance from the little we know, people like you make me wish I had a better memory on all the teachings I've gone through. my priest should be disappointed.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Beezally(f): 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
Wislet: So.... The Redemption plan of the Lord Jesus excluded Mary? You are all trying to say that the Lord Jesus came to die for everybody else on earth except her....cos she was without sin? Really??
Why didn't Jesus worship her then? Is there anywhere it's written He did? We'd love to know pls.
The fact that God favoured her to be the one to give birth to the Lord meant she was without sin? It meant she was soooo holy she was the only one qualified?

Is that what you think or are being taught?

She was sooo holy she was not part of the sin of Adam? She was not born of man but dropped 'hollily' from the skies?

Are YOU sure about that? Or you swallow teachings without seeking knowledge from God's word?

Not gonna argue the word with anybody...but, no one will use another person as an excuse that he was taught anything. The Bible is there for you to read for yourself, and the Holy Spirit is there to give you understanding.
can u see there was a prophesy about her
"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold,
a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his
name Immanuel." (Isaiah 7:14)
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
Bulldog: A christian that doesn't know the significance of the holy communion is not a christian so dont call yourself that because the significance of the holy eucharist is the basis for christianity
WORD!!!!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Beezally(f): 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

wow outright abuse! Well that's not all...u only mentioned its significance of doing it....what did it meant while Jesus had the last supper with his Disciples?! I am learnin so dnt abuse me oh!
1co11:26
When u eat and drink the supper ,you proclaim the lords death untill he comes again
Hope u get u av ur bible
Sorry if u felt insulted
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
guy!!!!!!!!!!!! cut us some slacks we are trying to cure your ignorance from the little we know, people like you make me wish I had a better memory on all the teachings I've gone through. my priest should be disappointed.

Oh my! Here comes the catholicist ranting about curing someone's ignorance! Well go through more of ur priest's lies and tell us na! Somethin as "historic" as ur stations of the cross shldnt be hard to call na! Or did u forget the name of d place Jesus got crucified? Am sure u wdnt need ur priest on dat one! The fact is u catholics are not Biblical Christians but purely following ur man made church traditions! Take a step to check ur church history and see its filth!

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Oh my! Here comes the catholicist ranting about curing someone's ignorance! Well go through more of ur priest's lies and tell us na! Somethin as "historic" as ur stations of the cross shldnt be hard to call na! Or did u forget the name of d place Jesus got crucified? Am sure u wdnt need ur priest on dat one! The fact is u catholics are not Biblical Christians but purely following ur man made church traditions! Take a step to check ur church history and see its filth!

u got issues! shocked
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
Beezally: 1co11:26
When u eat and drink the supper ,you proclaim the lords death untill he comes again
Hope u get u av ur bible
Sorry if u felt insulted

Again am nt d one who ddnt read my question well now did I? Well let me show u what Jesus said Concerning the Communion/Last Supper

Matt 26: 26-28

26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Luke 22:19-20

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

So it signified d atonement/remission of Sins!!! So why cnt an outsider take dis in d catholic church? Or is salvation for d catholics only? Is dat what ur church is sayin?

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:

u got issues! shocked

Yeah yeah! No replies! I take it. Marian Worshippers... They always need help being pointed to the Bible for truth!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Bulldog(m): 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Catholics like word play! What does Honouring Mary means biko? And can u type out the "hail mary" prayer and let's analyse it?
in matthew 15:4 a reference was made to God commandment honor your parents so that your days will be long as a human being i believe you honor your mother, does that mean you worship your mother? dont be led astray by those businessmen pastors that you'll book deliverance sessions with and ask to pray for you yet they debunk the interceding power of the mother of Jesus. Remember at the wedding at the hosts asked her to intercede for them[and not jesus] and she did even though jesus stated clearly his time isn't yet come. Bottom line, if you are not honouring mary and keep Up with insulting her with your "protesting" spirit you are simply insulting Jesus christ. I bet if i insult your mum that you wont take it lightly with me. The bible is no story book you pull quotes from and i know that's why jesus sent the holy spirit after his ascension into heaven because he knew someday people will be led astray by what's supposed to give them salvation seek the holy spirit to guide you as you read the bible and not just read it as a novel. Let the Lord God open your eyes. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 4:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
Bulldog: A christian that doesn't know the significance of the holy communion is not a christian so dont call yourself that because the significance of the holy eucharist is the basis for christianity

Wow! Am sorry to say dis but, "did ur glasses fall off?" Now where did I say "I ddnt knw d significance of the Holy Communion"? Catholics and there error based analogies! So wen ur lecturer/teacher sets a question for u in d exam, does it mean he/she doesn't know what is being asked of u??

Am "wowed" by ur reply

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Yeah yeah! No replies! I take it. Marian Worshippers... They always need help being pointed to the Bible for truth!
the reason I CHOSE not to reply is because I don't like the direction the argument is taking. I prefer to leave you with your ideology cause you are a hard nut to crack, its either you've got a serious beef with the catholic church or something else, and I wld rather not fuel your passion for that beef and im not crying uncle YET
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Bulldog: in matthew 15:4 a reference was made to God commandment honor your parents so that your days will be long as a human being i believe you honor your mother, does that mean you worship your mother? dont be led astray by those businessmen pastors that you'll book deliverance sessions with and ask to pray for you yet they debunk the interceding power of the mother of Jesus. Remember at the wedding at the hosts asked her to intercede for them[and not jesus] and she did even though jesus stated clearly his time isn't yet come. Bottom line, if you are not honouring mary and keep Up with insulting her with your "protesting" spirit you are simply insulting Jesus christ. I bet if i insult your mum that you wont take it lightly with me. The bible is no story book you pull quotes from and i know that's why jesus sent the holy spirit after his ascension into heaven because he knew someday people will be led astray by what's supposed to give them salvation seek the holy spirit to guide you as you read the bible and not just read it as a novel. Let the Lord God open your eyes. Amen

It seems u haven't gone through the thread well to see how dis ur "mother myth" falls apart! If u honour mary cos she is Jesus' Mother, den why don't u also honour David??

David is being regarded as "the Highest of the kings of the Earth" and Jesus Himself says (in His Glory) "I am the root and the OFFSPRING of David" --- seems David is more important here! So why dnt u "respect and honour David too"?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Bulldog(m): 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Again am nt d one who ddnt read my question well now did I? Well let me show u what Jesus said Concerning the Communion/Last Supper

Matt 26: 26-28

26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Luke 22:19-20

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

So it signified d atonement/remission of Sins!!! So why cnt an outsider take dis in d catholic church? Or is salvation for d catholics only? Is dat what ur church is sayin?
still wallowing in your ignorance i see smiley. Did jesus ate the last suppers with the jews? smiley he ate it with his disciples, those that believe his teachings. So if you are against the holy catholic church and the teachings of jesus, why are you so eager to partake in it? I sometimes wonder how a persons mind can be so closed but when i Do, the spirit tell me during that time, they'll read but wont understand. The bible is no novel for christ sake. Whenever you want to read it say this little prayer open my mind that i may comprehend the wonders of your word for christ sake
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
the reason I CHOSE not to reply is because I don't like the direction the argument is taking. I prefer to leave you with your ideology cause you are a hard nut to crack, its either you've got a serious beef with the catholic church or something else, and I wld rather not fuel your passion for that beef and im not crying uncle YET

The truth isn't always intended to be "liked" infact Jesus was hated for being the TRUTH. My ideology isn't hard to crack cos it isn't mine but the Bibles witout any interpolation! Its urs dat is difficult for u to forsake for a moment and check its source(s)
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 4:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
Bulldog: still wallowing in your ignorance i see smiley. Did jesus ate the last suppers with the jews? smiley he ate it with his disciples, those that believe his teachings. So if you are against the holy catholic church and the teachings of jesus, why are you so eager to partake in it? I sometimes wonder how a persons mind can be so closed but when i Do, the spirit tell me during that time, they'll read but wont understand. The bible is no novel for christ sake. Whenever you want to read it say this little prayer open my mind that i may comprehend the wonders of your word for christ sake

Wow! See ur ignorance? Are his disciples not "jews"? Isn't Jesus a Jew Himself? What Bible have u been reading? Wow the teaching of Jesus? Show me wea Jesus taught about "purgatory"... Again u still don't know what d Holy Communion is about? Ok, simply why did Jesus come to the World Perhaps u will answer that correctly
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
Why are we still arguing over this? Okotie is damn right simple undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Bulldog(m): 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

It seems u haven't gone through the thread well to see how dis ur "mother myth" falls apart! If u honour mary cos she is Jesus' Mother, den why don't u also honour David??

David is being regarded as "the Highest of the kings of the Earth" and Jesus Himself says (in His Glory) "I am the root and the OFFSPRING of David" --- seems David is more important here! So why dnt u "respect and honour David too"?
i wonder why you went as far back as david smiley you honor your mum right? why not honor her ancestors that are mostly idol worshipers? it's your type that persecute someone because of another person's sin and for your info when a blind man call jesus son of David, he didn't rebuke him and tell him that he was the son of God cos he knew he came from the line of david smiley. It is stated in luke1:48 ...and hence all generations shall call ME blessed it still beats me why people claim to read the bible but just on the lips. First seek wisdom like solomon did and when you read the bible you'll comprehend.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
Idi Amin: Why are we still arguing over this? Okotie is damn right simple undecided
ok, thanks, bye!!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Swiftmode: 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
mister you just judged too. i rather u keep quiet than say things u aint sure off. biko!!! its called HONORING Mary not Worshipping
Oga, why should catholic faithfuls honour Mary? She no be GOD or JESUS!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Afroconnect: 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
Go read about the history of the catholic church.
The roman empire who were idol worshippers and persecuting christians started the catholic church to appease the christians and garner their support after they saw that prosecution tactics were not working.
It was political,to get more people on their side-not anything spiritual about it...If you remember, the same roman leaders joined in killing christ.
The mixing of clay and iron.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
Bulldog: i wonder why you went as far back as david smiley you honor your mum right? why not honor her ancestors that are mostly idol worshipers? it's your type that persecute someone because of another person's sin and for your info when a blind man call jesus son of David, he didn't rebuke him and tell him that he was the son of God cos he knew he came from the line of david smiley. It is stated in luke1:48 ...and hence all generations shall call ME blessed it still beats me why people claim to read the bible but just on the lips. First seek wisdom like solomon did and when you read the bible you'll comprehend.
the guy is just difficult, ignore him
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 5:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
Swiftmode:
Oga, why should catholic faithfuls honour Mary? She no be GOD or JESUS!
so na only God and Jesus u su;ppose to dey honour abi? which kind leg u carry come dude?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Toktee(m): 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
mister you just judged too. i rather u keep quiet than say things u aint sure off. biko!!! its called HONORING Mary not Worshipping
Look at you,where in the bible that honouring mary is recommended,don't even try to tell me what a woman like mary said during her visit to mary.
I recomend deuteronomy 4:13-49 and ur eyes will be wide open and iam very sure u will make haste to repent cos there is no time left,i wish u heaven at last bro.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Bulldog(m): 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Wow! See ur ignorance? Are his disciples not "jews"? Isn't Jesus a Jew Himself? What Bible have u been reading? Wow the teaching of Jesus? Show me wea Jesus taught about "purgatory"... Again u still don't know what d Holy Communion is about? Ok, simply why did Jesus come to the World Perhaps u will answer that correctly
well if you dont understand what i mean by "jews" in there, i meant those that aren't his disciples. And if you think you are smart, are christians jews given that christ himself is a jew? Finally purgatory is right inside the bible but you dont want to read. smiley read 1peter 3:18 to 20 to enlighten yourself. The catholic church dont make up anything. Ask for the direction of the spirit

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by ocheejemb: 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
Doesn't even matter what an idîot or his cretinous followers believe. If you like say, we worship Obatala and Sango and brough about illuminatics, whatever that means. At the end of it all, God Himself sees an individual's heart, and its not based on the church you go to, or what rubbish you wrote on Nairaland that will bring you salvation.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by hafisville(m): 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
all christains dont worship God....catholic worships mary, and others worship jesus......worship God only, the creator of heaven and earth and not mary and jesus that he created.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by watered(m): 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
He's wrong with his preaching.

Ken_Jak, but u've judged Okotie already by saying "He's wrong with his preaching"
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 5:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

we honor David in a different way, buy choosing to have our selves and our off springs bear the name David, and David is actually my favorite name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman On His Way To DSS Headquarters In Abuja (Photos) / Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel / Daysman Oyakhilome Breaks Silence On Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.