Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,118 members, 7,916,277 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 07:22 PM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54904 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
[/quote]Granted you honour mary, where was it mentioned in the bible that an Image of any saint (including mary) was erected?[quote]

is there anywhere in the bible it was said that the image of any saint should not be erected?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Charlesnoble(m): 5:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Graceojomasule: D origin of catholic comes frm d rome and d pple brought abt illuminatic. To me they ar nt serving God.
MAY ALMIGHTY GOD FORGIVE YOU!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
[/quote]"Thou shalt not bow down to graven images" but you guys do. You have statues of saints over everywhere.
All christians can only worship God through the spirit, not with any object or images. Only occults do such, because christianity has no business with symbolism.[quote]
bros veneration of idols was forbidden and not images.Even moses who gave them the law also used images
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by lacum: 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg: For all dis catholic pupils here, I have a question to you

Why don't u honour David? Just as u honour Mary
david was a king in israel n d old testament held him in high regard. catholics does not despise him but we give mary dat honour for her role in our salvation history.

ur even going too far y not talk about joseph n i will tell u dat we honour him too.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
chukwudi44: Granted you honour mary, where was it mentioned in the bible that an Image of any saint (including mary) was erected?

is there anywhere in the bible it was said that the image of any saint should not be erected?
ask them ooo
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dyfatai(m): 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
qwinzi: it's not the church u go 2 dat determines if u go heaven or not, we r christians we all worship God n Jesus
thank u, u av said d truth. Two gods, plus holy spirit, making 3. Catholics add 1 to theirs, making 4. Y una con dey fight each other?? is it because they(catholics) av one more god dan the prostestants?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
As a dedicated catholic, I believe in one God the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth and in Jesus Christ His only Son of our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under potius pilate, was crucified, dead and was buried, He descended into hell, on the third day He rose again from the dead, He ascended into Heaven, He seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty, from there He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, THE HOLY CATHOLIC CHURCH, the communions of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Afrok(m): 5:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
Only in Christianity u'll find criticism.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
Okotie, HEAR ME!!! U are morally incapable of passing judgement on an ant, talkless of a church... Shekina
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by crackhouse(m): 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hmm, na wao. This man is really scarce in the public eye and the only way to make himself noticeable is by choosing catholic church b/cos he knows he will attract a lot of attention due to the magnitude of its members. He really need prayers to make his marriage work so he can stop being lonely cos this is the number one result of loneliness. catholic for life.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by drnoel: 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
He's wrong with his preaching.

U are a goat

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by rezy15(m): 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
Graceojomasule: D origin of catholic comes frm d rome and d pple brought abt illuminatic. To me they ar nt serving God.
great ! Another genius. Wt do u really know abt d illuminati?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Fran6ik: 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
Please can someone boldly tell me sometin done in his or her church dat doesnt av a catholic origin? Carols, Harvest, Reading d bible, Offering, Communion, Baptism, talk to me y criticizin d mother church for ur lack of understanding?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
See this beffitting twitter response to the adulterer below

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by bayo1(m): 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Bulldog: well if you dont understand what i mean by "jews" in there, i meant those that aren't his disciples. And if you think you are smart, are christians jews given that christ himself is a jew? Finally purgatory is right inside the bible but you dont want to read. smiley read 1peter 3:18 to[b] 20[/b] to enlighten yourself. The catholic church dont make up anything. Ask for the direction of the spirit

That verse you quoted is clear enough for it to be misunderstood bro! Read verse 20 again and you will understand it's taking about those who died during the water of Noah and has nothing to do with anyone who dies now or anytime after that.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Charlesnoble(m): 5:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
Proudly! Proudly!! Proudly catholic member.......may almighty God forgive those that their mouth is only made to destroy one another....
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

grace of Mary? Why is it that catholics dnt read the Bible nor care abt how the translation goes? The text doesn't say Mary is full of grace! It only said "she is favoured" or "favoured one" ---- with grace!
You are the one that loves word play..If someone is favoured with Grace-I'm thinking you are also implying that that person has grace inside him/her..Favour means receiving special advantages..If Mary has been favoured with Grace,then It means that she is full of grace..this is all semantics man
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by unongu(m): 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
ChickRockz: "Hail Mary Full of Grace the Lord is with You"Lk 1:28-This was Angel Gabriel's greeting to Mary during the Annunciation Of the Birth Of Our Lord Jesus Christ
"Blessed are you amongst Women and Blessed is the fruit of thy Womb Jesus" Lk 1:42-This was Elizabeth's response to Mary's greeting when Mary went to Judea to visit her
"Holy Mary Mother of God,"Pray" for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.Amen"-This is the prayer of the church..emphasis is laid on the word pray to show that we dont under any circumstance worship Mary..if we did we'd be saying "Forgive us sinners" instead

The following are Bible passages that Catholics meditate on during the Rosary:
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you (Luke 1:28)
Blessed art thou among women (Luke 1:41-42a, Luke 1:48)
And Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus (Luke 1:42b)
Holy Mary, Mother of God (Luke 1:43)
Pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.
(Luke 2:35, John 2:3-5).
For the umpteenth time, Catholics heap tributes and honour to the Blessed Virgin Mary because they earnestly desire to be followers of God, as most dear children. Why call Mary Blessed? Mary herself professed in the Gospel of Saint Luke 1:48-49 that, "For behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because He that is mighty hath done great things to me; and Holy is His name". Mary the mother of Jesus Christ is referred to by name more than twenty times in the Bible, thus, the honour and recanting her name while saying the Rosary

The Joyful Mysteries (Mon & Sat)
1st Decade: The Annunciation of Gabriel to Mary (Luke 1:26-38)
2nd Decade: The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth (Luke 1:39-56)
3rd Decade: The Birth of Our Lord (Luke 2:1-21)
4th Decade: The Presentation of Our Lord (Luke 2:22-38)
5th Decade: The finding of Our Lord in the Temple (Luke 2:41-52)

The Luminous Mysteries (Thurs)
1st Decade: The Baptism of Our Lord in River Jordan (Matt 3:13-16)
2nd Decade: The Wedding at Cana, when Christ Manifested Himself (Jn 2:1-11)
3rd Decade: The proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mk 1:14-15)
4th Decade: The Transfiguration of Our Lord (Matt 17:1-cool
5th Decade: The Last Supper, when Our Lord gave us the Holy Eucharist(Matt 26)

The Sorrowful Mysteries (Tues & Fri)
1st Decade: The Agony of Our Lord in the Garden (Matt 26:36-56)
2nd Decade: Our Lord is Scourged at the Pillar (Matt 27:26)
3rd Decade: Our Lord is Crowned with Thorns (Matt 27:27-31)
4th Decade: Our Lord carries the Cross to Calvary (Matt 27:32)
5th Decade: The Crucifixion of Our Lord (Matt 27:33-56)

The Glorious Mysteries (Wed & Sun)
1st Decade: The Glorious Resurrection of Our Lord (John 20:1-29)
2nd Decade: The Ascension of Our Lord (Luke 24:36-53)
3rd Decade: The Descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (Acts 2:1-41)
4th Decade: The Assumption of Mary into Heaven (Sg 2:2, 10-11)
5th Decade: The Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth (Rev 12:1) (Luke 8:21) (Gal 4:19) (Cor 4:17) (Gn 3:15a) (Sir 24:4) (Jdt 13:18, & 15:9).

The vocal part of the Rosary has prayers straight to Jesus. Even the "Hail Mary" is not a prayer to Mary. The Catechism calls it the ‘Marian Prayer' because we are asking Mary to pray for us. She is interceding on our behalf. As we can see Rosary has its roots from the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by crackhouse(m): 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nobody get the time to reply this kind of person in the catholic church.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by mzlewis(f): 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
if u check tru history...catholicism was brought out from pagan rituals in early rome...isis an egyptian godess was potrayed as mary.....i dnt want to talk much jus google and get facts rite...nd it shows a low level of rhinking wen i.dividuals attacke in pples personal lives in an aarguement.dnr b blinded by sentiments.......d catholic church is more than what we see
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by lacum: 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Exactly, but den again, what's d significance of the "Holy Communion"?
my frnd, u cannot eat what u dont blive in. if u want to take communion, come into d church n make sure u ve prepared urself like catholics do. its not discriminatn but d church is tryin to help u.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Johnsinia(m): 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
captainbaroni: Okotie! Okotie!! Okotie!!! Your music pattern and style phased out, Churches were making more money and you started one. Politicians were making better money than pastors, you joined politics. What are you up to now?
maybe POPE! LOL.
On a serious note, i dnt bow or kiss any image, mary n Jesus inclussive. Its a personal tin and i believe most catholics share dsame believe with me.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by drnoel: 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
Graceojomasule: origin of catholic comes frm d rome and d pple brought abt illuminatic. To me they ar nt serving God.

Well thank God for something and that is ur opinion is so irrelevant it doesn´t make sense 4 u 2 talk anymore
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
bayo1:

That verse you quoted is clear enough for it to be misunderstood bro! Read verse 20 again and you will understand it's taking about those who died during the water of Noah and has nothing to do with anyone who dies now or anytime after that.
are you implying that purgatory only applies to those who died during the time of Noah?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Gabrielsylar(m): 5:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
Catholics I know re not real belivers....they fornicate normally and confess....they re not born again...its a cult
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by drnoel: 5:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
mzlewis: if u check tru history...catholicism was brought out from pagan rituals in early rome...isis an egyptian godess was potrayed as mary.....i dnt want to talk much jus google and get facts rite...nd it shows a low level of rhinking wen i.dividuals attacke in pples personal lives in an aarguement.dnr b blinded by sentiments.......d catholic church is more than what we see

I can poke holes in that ur history u think u know but won´t waste time doing so. Just know that u don´t anything.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
Kamsy10: LOOKS LIKE THE GUY IS TIRED OF ATTACKING PASTOR OYAKHILOME AND PROPHET T.B JOSHUA

So people still attend Okotie's church despite his sexcapades sorry excapades. Anyone who has a wife, sister or daughter attending that church, I don't envy u. grin

The first wife is devilish and the second one too is devilish. How come he's only attracting devils grin

Once he's bored with sleeping with a particular sex machine, he divorces her and starts hunting for another one.
Am I the only one that read the part where he's about hosting a beauty pageant in church?. I guess to chose another devil grin
The funny part is that in each case, he wld claim that God directed him to marry the lady in question. Four years later,he'll tag that one devilish. I wonder which God he's serving.
He needs to give his life to Christ urgently. I'm sure prophet T.B Joshua is strong enough to handle his deliverance

How can a so called man God say that holy communion means crucifying Christ. So he doesnt give his followers communion.waoh
Mind you most churches now give holy communion not only catholics

BEAUTY PAGEANT IN CHURCH FOR A SERIAL ADULTERER AND DIVORCEE grin
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
Kamsy10: LOOKS LIKE THE GUY IS TIRED OF ATTACKING PASTOR OYAKHILOME AND PROPHET T.B JOSHUA

So people still attend Okotie's church despite his sexcapades sorry excapades. Anyone who has a wife, sister or daughter attending that church, I don't envy u. grin

The first wife is devilish and the second one too is devilish. How come he's only attracting devils grin

Once he's bored with sleeping with a particular sex machine, he divorces her and starts hunting for another one.
Am I the only one that read the part where he's about hosting a beauty pageant in church?. I guess to chose another devil grin
The funny part is that in each case, he wld claim that God directed him to marry the lady in question. Four years later,he'll tag that one devilish. I wonder which God he's serving.
He needs to give his life to Christ urgently. I'm sure prophet T.B Joshua is strong enough to handle his deliverance

How can a so called man God say that holy communion means crucifying Christ. So he doesnt give his followers communion.waoh
Mind you most churches now give holy communion not only catholics

BEAUTY PAGEANT IN CHURCH FOR A SERIAL ADULTERER AND DIVORCEE grin
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Catholics I know re not real belivers....they fornicate normally and confess....they re not born again...its a cult
get a tie, nwanne suit you self
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by bigdidi(m): 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
De Roman Catholic Church is de biggest and strongest church in de whole wide world u kw why? Cos of pple lyk Mr Chris Okotie- thank you sir 4 making me a strong CATHOLIC luv u
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by drnoel: 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Catholics I know re not real belivers....they fornicate normally and confess....they re not born again...its a cult

sure but tell me which religion u know in this world that the people that practice it don´t fornicate and what not u mentioned. talk constructively ma guy, don´t confuse religion with people.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
crackhouse: Hmm, na wao. This man is really scarce in the public eye and the only way to make himself noticeable is by choosing catholic church b/cos he knows he will attract a lot of attention due to the magnitude of its members. He really need prayers to make his marriage work so he can stop being lonely cos this is the number one result of loneliness. catholic for life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Daysman Oyakhilome Breaks Silence On Suspension / Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.