Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,034 members, 7,915,987 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:31 PM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54901 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by obayaya(m): 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

grace of Mary? Why is it that catholics dnt read the Bible nor care abt how the translation goes? The text doesn't say Mary is full of grace! It only said "she is favoured" or "favoured one" ---- with grace!

you are probably reading from the amplified bible or one of all these newer revisions with translations to suit their doctrines..
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

Purgatory is actually referred to as prison in 1Pet 3:19-21
. . . and can you show us where in the bible the duration of an evil person that died in evil and sent to purgatory can be reduced through penance paid by the relations?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by lawsbanks: 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
Graceojomasule: D origin of catholic comes frm d rome and d pple brought abt illuminatic. To me they ar nt serving God.
Gosh you act like you know all things and you know nothing! Haba....catholic church started from Peter(which means rock) in the Bible through Jesus when jesus told him upon this rock I will build my church, not just from Rome. I spent 6 yrs in a catholic minor seminary though I'm no longer in the setting but I can tell they don't worship mary... And where did u get ur "illuminati" news.you need to state ur source not just blab over nothing
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
fuelsaver:
"Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?" (1 Corinthians 6:2).
Now see this;
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." (Revelation 21:cool
Because they bow to images and hail their Mary (a creature) rather than God (the Creator) Catholics are obvoisly in danger of hell fire based on the truth of the Holy Bible.
thanks for improving my bible knowledge and no thanks for twisting the words to suit your points
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by manny4life(m): 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
. . . and can you show us where in the bible the duration of an evil person that died in evil and sent to purgatory can be reduced through penance paid by the relations?

What happens in the great beyond is not for us to discern, however, the Bible made it CLEAR to practice PENANCE. The Bible recognized the practice, the accounts of what happens in the cycle is for our omnipresent GOD to know.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by missuniverse(f): 6:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with you,blessed are you amongst women,and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 6:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
nwobi ebuka: . God made it explicit that you should not honour the dead see deutronomy from chapter 14 down I guess.
mary died but was assumed into heaven, so shes not in that league and we only honour mary and seek the intercession of just not any dead but saints
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
By virtue of her conception, Mary becomes the God bearer, the ark of the covenant personified. Christ as a baby sucked from her breast, cried and was comforted in her arms and she must have sang him sweet lullaby. If you know Christ to be God, then no degree of adoration to Mary would be too much except worship which is God's reserve. As for images, very funny cos all these pentecostal attackers hv pictures of their pastors and pastor's wives hanging on their walls at home, shops nd even on their car windshields. Which is worse, your attitude or the catholic's. And i advice you all to attend 1 catholic mass, listen to the message nd decide for yourself who worships Christ better

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 6:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
Zither: The bolded is a great LIE. You have got your theology rather askew. EVERY MAN was and is conceived in sin. No man is sinless save JESUS. Please if that is what you are taught then your Catholic beliefs need overhauling. @topic, Pastor Okotie should first remove the plank in his eye before he can see clear to remove the speck in the eye of another.
in what way is it askew, please make it straight for me. cos we say this intercessory prayer " o Mary conceived without original sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee"
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by obayaya(m): 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Chelcy10: As a dedicated catholic, I believe in one God the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth and in Jesus Christ His only Son of our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under potius pilate, was crucified, dead and was buried, He descended into hell, on the third day He rose again from the dead, He ascended into Heaven, He seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty, from there He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, THE HOLY CATHOLIC CHURCH, the communions of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. AMEN!

and that's our belief--- the CREED

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Wow! So now where does it say that "beloved Disciple" isn't the Brother of Jesus, seeing that James was always called the Lord's Brother? Why wasn't John called the Lord's Brother? Or u care to show us where the text calls John, Jesus' brother? and wat are we to use in differentiating/or knowing for sure that its d idea of "brotherhood/sisterhood" that is expressly mentioned in d texts and not true siblings Again its up to u to show otherwise, since the text made mention of "His Brothers and Sisters"
If I remember correctly..my CRK classes and my Waec Syllabus and My Bible expressly mentioned that James and John were the Sons Of Zebedee..I wonder when Jesus became their brother..hmmm maybe he was adopted..You must be really dense cuz I explicitly mentioned that Jewish criteria for siblings extends to even your cousins..those brothers and sisters were probably his cousins..bros cha kwa anya o
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
manny4life:

What happens in the great beyond is not for us to discern, however, the Bible made it CLEAR to practice PENANCE. The Bible recognized the practice, the accounts of what happens in the cycle is for our omnipresent GOD to know.
So all those evil catholic Igbo men that did rit.ual, kidnap, etc and died in them may make heaven if their family members pay penance from their evil proceeds?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

I have several translations and have checked 10 of dem, only 2 uses "full of Grace" and dey are Catholic versions! The others only used "blessed" and "favoured"....would u like to use a Jehovah witness Bible translation? Or do u disagree wit dem?

Wow!!! U seem to wanna say, its d catholics who brought out the Bible? Can u be much more ignorant dan u already are?

Infact do u know dat ur catholic church stood against any other translation except the latin vulgate? Perhaps u shld check d life of the Reformers and ur church history!
i don't disagree with the Jehovah witnesses. the reason the church was against other translations was cos people like you would read it in a way that suits them. and ignorance has no limit
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by manny4life(m): 6:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
Excluding the complexity of the "HOLY TRINITY", if we're to go by facts,

Mary was a woman who was PURE AT HEART, she found favor before GOD.

Mary conceived a child through the Holy spirit,

Mary bore the Child named "EMMANUEL", my name grin grin Meaning "GOD IS WITH US"

Jesus Christ walked the earth, was raised by earthly parents - Joseph and Mary, up until he was off age

Jesus Christ started his ministry in human form, performed miracles in human form and DIED in human form

When he died, he cried out to his father why has he forsaken him (HUMAN PAIN).

Now the real question is, if we're to exclude the HOLY TRINITY, we Christians recognize Jesus Christ, and we even call upon his name. In this case, I really don't see what the confusion is.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
It is unfortunate some catholics don't know much about their church. Some don't even know anything about celibacy.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 6:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
ChickRockz: "Hail Mary Full of Grace the Lord is with You"Lk 1:28-This was Angel Gabriel's greeting to Mary during the Annunciation Of the Birth Of Our Lord Jesus Christ
"Blessed are you amongst Women and Blessed is the fruit of thy Womb Jesus" Lk 1:42-This was Elizabeth's response to Mary's greeting when Mary went to Judea to visit her
"Holy Mary Mother of God,"Pray" for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.Amen"-This is the prayer of the church..emphasis is laid on the word pray to show that we dont under any circumstance worship Mary..if we did we'd be saying "Forgive us sinners" instead

Y is Mary praying for u? don't u have ur own mouth to pray? Or is Jesus not hearing ur voice anymore? And what's Mary prayin for u on?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by manny4life(m): 6:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
So all those evil catholic Igbo men that did rit.ual, kidnap, etc and died in them may make heaven if their family members pay penance from their evil proceeds?

You just had to call "IGBO" didn't you? You tribal bigotry just could STOP, you hand to bring it into a religious discussion, is it ONLY Igbos that are Catholics in Nigeria? Rephrase your comment if you want an answer..
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Umeadi09(m): 6:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
He's wrong with his preaching.

catholics don't worship mary, point of correction
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by gratieao: 6:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
Smh to all this church of yesterday
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by fuelsaver: 6:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
ichidodo: I stand Gidigba,Catholic till i die baby
Catholic didn't die for you Jesus did. Catholic doesn't save from sin Jesus does. Christ in you is the hope of glory. If you die in Catholics without Jesus you perish in hell period. Its your choice

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 6:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
manny4life: Excluding the complexity of the "HOLY TRINITY", if we're to go by facts,

Mary was a woman who was PURE AT HEART, she found favor before GOD.

Mary conceived a child through the Holy spirit,

Mary bore the Child named "EMMANUEL", my name grin grin Meaning "GOD IS WITH US"

Jesus Christ walked the earth, was raised by earthly parents - Joseph and Mary, up until he was off age

Jesus Christ started his ministry in human form, performed miracles in human form and DIED in human form

When he died, he cried out to his father why has he forsaken him (HUMAN PAIN).

Now the real question is, if we're to exclude the HOLY TRINITY, we Christians recognize Jesus Christ, and we even call upon his name. In this case, I really don't see what the confusion is.

Dude what is this? Do u think Jesus' Humanity is separable from His Divinity?

Perhaps if u read the Bible u'd see the confusion u just dnt see
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Humans at it again.
Religion, opium of d masses.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Vinsaint(m): 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Catholic church changed de Holy Sabbath of God frm Saturday

to first day of the week Sunday. The pastor is sayin
de truth but still enjoys de worship of de anty Christ
by stickin to sunday worship. Their is still time for ppl to worship on de
original day of worship Sabbath.
Check des video link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpOK_UH0TT4
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Y is Mary praying for u? don't u have ur own mouth to pray? Or is Jesus not hearing ur voice anymore? And what's Mary prayin for u on?
This is a very very useless question that deserves no answer..You won't tell me that you have never asked anyone or your brethren in church to pray for you and I will believe it..Why do people ask other people to pray for them? Abi dem no get mouth?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by kallat: 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
Graceojomasule: D origin of catholic comes frm d rome and d pple brought abt illuminatic. To me they ar nt serving God.

Don't utter trash when you don't have facts.. The illuminati started from egypt and america... Biko shhhhhhhhh!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by fabulousdame(f): 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
i wud advise all catholics to stop arguing wit these people before they cause u to commit sin against the holy spirit..as for those saying catholics worship mary, i expect to hear dat from five yr olds not adults...
honour is dif from worship, we genuflet and all that buh we honour our parents, elders en leaders the same way...
sacred heart of Jesus-have mercy on us
immaculate hrt of mary-pray for us.
do u see the diff?
mother mary intercedes for us.
even our mothers at home do the same for us.
so pls believe watever u want buh do not criticize or condemn the church of God.
peace be wit y'all

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
Orlando Owoh:

You must be very studi for trying to tribalize this thread.Olorubruku ode
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 7:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
candiva2013: you are very stupid and disgusting. What a disgrace you are.

I know am disgusting and silly! Like I said, am a disgrace to Marian devotion! She is nothing but a pagan idol! Catholics are idolaters! I dnt care wat u think!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
When people try to explain God using human's wisdom, they fail, and they turn around to insult the (Catholic) church for their failure.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by gratieao: 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Like all Christians, Catholics believe in life after death. Those who have lived good lives and died in the faith of Christ will, as the Bible tells us, share in his resurrection. While we live together on earth as Christians, we are in communion, or unity, with one another. But that communion doesn’t end when one of us dies. We believe that Christians in heaven, the saints, remain in communion with those of us on earth. So, just as we might ask a friend or family member to pray for us, we can approach a saint with our prayers, too.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
i don't disagree with the Jehovah witnesses. the reason the church was against other translations was cos people like you would read it in a way that suits them. and ignorance has no limit

Wow!!! You are one confused Marian devotee!!! And a sucker for Catholicism!!!

So u dnt even know what u believe? Or u pretendin not to know what Jehovah witnesses teach? Am so amazed at ur ignorance! And yet u call other ignorant!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by obayaya(m): 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
nyabingi: Im not fronting for Pastor Christ, I believe that we must always exhibit love when we want to correct others, the pastor went the xtreem way, but i advice nairalanders especialy youths who are in the catholic church to get down with their bibles and suncerely ask the Holy Spirit for inspirations and insights, thry'd understand why they urgently need to leave the church. Its just the grace of God thats still working in the church, that same grace that alows the rain to fall and sun to shine so that both the wicked and rightous ones eat their daily bread.

Here are some facts some catholics dont know:

The knite of Mulumba is a cult (attend the burial of a member then come back and thank me)
Most money ritualiist and ocult members especially from Igbo land hide under the church
The Papalcy is political and they do a lot of things the "jolly go lucky" catholics dont have a clue of
Most of ur reverend fathers have kids and are established business men (pls watch The Bogias...google pls)
In latin America there's different kinds of anual rituals done to honour madona (mary) sometimes involving the spil of human blood (pls google)

please shut up.. the borgias is a series set in the 15th century.. it reflected the times.. read my earlier Post on the dark ages Of the church...

the Catholic Church has moved on from that times.

and you see why you won't make a good researcher.. after seeing the burial parade of the knights of St. mulumba, did you make additional research on it.. google is your friend brother..

just like the knights of Old fight in defence of their kings and the kingdom, the knights in the church are men who will fight for the Church

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply)

Daysman Oyakhilome Breaks Silence On Suspension / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? / Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.