Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:04 AM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54616 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by louken(m): 7:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
fabulousdame: pls stop saying wat u dont know, though i was not born into the catholic faith buh wen i joined the church, i loved their way en everything. i respect d catholic church more than any other church(not saying the others re not real)
christainity is a mystery dat no one on earth fully understands and the thing is no church, pastor or priest can take u to heaven. be careful wit tins like dis.

Well said. You are welcome my sister.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Fayrouzz(m): 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
What exactly does it mean to judge?? Can one judge by saying the truth and hurting others? I don't kno wie Christ got his info from and why he picked on just the catholic church but how do we know for sure if he is right or wrong?
Itz nt abt jst shouting and abusing the man, letz reason wit a calm head.. No smoke witout fire.
Thanks.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
From the book of Hebrews we learn that Jesus is our advocate and no one else. so saying Mary is interceding for you is like saying you know the activity Elijah is currently performing in heaven which is false.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
THANK GOD I AM A CATHOLIC!!

Impotent Pastorprenuer and serial adulterer losing customers and blaming it on catholics,wishing the 2billion living catholics were his goat followers grin(too much money on his mind) cheesy
Goatotie!try winin CAN president so GEJ can buy u a jet like he did for oritsejafor tongue
You are miserable and need desperate attention but u picked the wrong people cuz even a priest doesn't know an IMPOTENT MAN like you exists not to talk of our beloved humble pope.
We are too much for all you miserable haters! 3 words for u all and ur generation(past,present and future): GO HANG YOURSELVES angry

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by jdilight(m): 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
gratieao:
We reverence her, as we do all the saints, but true worship is addressed to God alone. Otherwise, we would fall into idolatry. Christ is our only mediator (1 Tim. 2:5-6) with the Father, but Mary can intercede (pray for us) with her Son Jesus. Jesus worked his first miracle at her request ( Jn. 2:1-12). Just as we can ask other members of the church on earth to pray for us (1 Tim. 2:1; 2 Tim. 1:3; Phil. 4:22), so too, can we ask members of the church in heaven to pray for us (Rv. 5:8; 6:9-11; 7:10-12; 8:2-6; Mt. 22:31, 32).
Hope i have answered your question?

sorry mary holds no intercessory office in heaven. Jesus himself said,"ask the father anything in my name". so y go through mary. is the father wicked or what. Why can't we go to the father direct as he said we should. l want to know y we need a mediator?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Toktee(m): 7:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
ChickRockz: Can you name one of those other children please..also if Mary had other children why would Jesus entrust her into the hands of John the Beloved disciple @ Mount Calvary..what happened to the other siblings? Did they suddenly die or become disabled or is it that they were so irresponsible that they couldn't take care of their own mother?...which is really bad come to think about it. Most people fail to understand that the Jewish conception of brotherhood or sisterhood extends to even your cousins..Once you are descended from one Grandparent and answer one family name..you are brothers or sisters irrespective of the fact that you have different parents
Can you tell me how and when the woman call mary died?
And after the day of penticost,how many times the name of mary was mention in the bible?
You guy are so brainwash that u have refused to accept to truth.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
peppy luv: THANK GOD I AM A CATHOLIC!!

Impotent Pastorprenuer and serial adulterer losing customers and blaming it on catholics,wishing the 2billion living catholics were his goat followers grin(too much money on his mind) cheesy
Goatotie!try winin CAN president so GEJ can buy u a jet like he did for oritsejafor tongue
You are miserable and need desperate attention but u picked the wrong people cuz even a priest doesn't know an IMPOTENT MAN like you exists not to talk of our beloved humble pope.
We are too much for all you miserable haters! 3 words for u all and ur generation(past,present and future): GO HANG YOURSELVES angry

Matthew 24: 37-39
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by gratieao: 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
The Catholic Church is the “church” established by Jesus. All the bishops and priests are direct successors of the original apostles.

Jesus gave the Church and his apostles the power to forgive sins. Since priests cannot read minds and hearts, people confess to them so that the priests can give proper counsel and penance along with their absolution.

Catholicism is the original and most complete form of Christianity. East and West were one for a thousand years. Protestant churches only go back four or five centuries.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
HYBREED: I can dare say I have more information about christianity than pastor okotie does. If he knows how the catholic have been the custodian of what he now rely on to preach...he wouldn't make such utterances about catholic. Though a muslim,but I know to some extent about how constantinople collated the bible.

Now again a 7th century time frozen muhammedan is now telling us he knows more abt Christianity than the Christians and now that "Constantinople" collated the Bible?

Dude u better go back to bed and sleep!

Constantinople? Perhaps u meant Emperor Constantine, which again is false cos he had nothing to do with the Canon of the Bible...the Canon of the Bible predates Constantine and the Catholic church!

So go back to ur kabba bound god called allah to reveal anoda one of its nonsense ayats!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Toktee(m): 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
ChickRockz: Can you name one of those other children please..also if Mary had other children why would Jesus entrust her into the hands of John the Beloved disciple @ Mount Calvary..what happened to the other siblings? Did they suddenly die or become disabled or is it that they were so irresponsible that they couldn't take care of their own mother?...which is really bad come to think about it. Most people fail to understand that the Jewish conception of brotherhood or sisterhood extends to even your cousins..Once you are descended from one Grandparent and answer one family name..you are brothers or sisters irrespective of the fact that you have different parents
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
ikwoche: The Catholics worship God though they may be doing it the wrong way. That is the reason God brought the charismatic renewal among them to help them worship him rightly. Catholics like hiding from the truth with the quote "don't judge" when the Bible clearly states that we should test all spirit. I was a Catholic. No Catholic could have defended my faith then better than me but I realised I was only being stubborn and hiding from the truth. I am not saying Catholics should leave their church, I will only advise them to read more of the Bible, less of Sunday misa, they should not be afraid of change. The should conquer the thought of "I was born a Catholic, all my life, I have been a Catholic. Nobody can change my mind. As for Chris okotie, A Catholic that confessed Jesus as his lord and saviour, cannot go to hell.

You have answered well
The bible says he that thinks he stands should take heed
Imagine a pastor that is using women to play ludo telling Catholics they are hell bound
Lord have mercy
He would go and read up on the qualities of a Bishop from the Bible
Husband of one wife,a man who can a manage his household
He doesn't qualify to be one
And has no moral standing to advice anyone on any topic
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
gratieao: The Catholic Church is the “church” established by Jesus. All the bishops and priests are direct successors of the original apostles.

Jesus gave the Church and his apostles the power to forgive sins. Since priests cannot read minds and hearts, people confess to them so that the priests can give proper counsel and penance along with their absolution.

Catholicism is the original and most complete form of Christianity. East and West were one for a thousand years. Protestant churches only go back four or five centuries.

Y do u catholics like feeding us with myths Now can u give us a "non catholic (mythical) source" confirming this ur so called claims?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by obayaya(m): 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
HYBREED: I can dare say I have more information about christianity than pastor okotie does. If he knows how the catholic have been the custodian of what he now rely on to preach...he wouldn't make such utterances about catholic. Though a muslim,but I know to some extent about how constantinople collated the bible.

and they'll keep shouting my bible tells me whenever they wanna disprove something that isn't in line with their doctrines but will neglect every others..

hypocrites
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
My point is not to argue or judge, but to point out that if the trumpet were to sound at this very moment how many people are in the Lamb's book of life, because that is the final G.C.E which determines where we spend eternity.

How many are striving to live to God's standard which is in the bible?

How many people are presenting their lives as models of righteousness, holiness and truth?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by God2man(m): 7:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
If you are a catholic read this:

In the mouth of two or three witnesess the truth shall be established, if people are expressing doubt about the doctrine of catholic, i think the best thing to do is to sit down, investigate, ask your leaders reasonable questions, prayerfully seek the face of God for the truth, get various translations of the Bible, study, get some articles that criticized the doctrine of catholic, compare them to your own doctrine.

I think a wise man should not be claiming i am a catholic without having enough knowledge to counter anybody condemning catholic.

If you are a catholic, i challenge you to take up this exercise.

God bless you.

God2man.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by kallat: 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
People hate CATHOLICS!!! Christians hate CATHOLICS!!! The illuminati hates CATHOLICS!!!! Satan hates CATHOLICS!!! .... I dunno for you guys but to me its because we CATHOLICS are doing it right... So hate if you want...dama good people are always hated... We have been told already by our LORD JESUS CHRIST that we shall be persecuted as good christians!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by manny4life(m): 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Dude what is this? Do u think Jesus' Humanity is separable from His Divinity?

Perhaps if u read the Bible u'd see the confusion u just dnt see

What in the world are you talking about?

When Jesus walked the earth to his death, was he not referred to as "SON OF MAN"?

What junk are you talking about? He's always been divine, YET, he was a man...

My point is SIMPLE and CLEAR. Like Mary, Jesus was a MAN born of a WOMAN, though he was the SON OF GOD, yet he was a man.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
obayaya:

you are probably reading from the amplified bible or one of all these newer revisions with translations to suit their doctrines..

Hahaha

Are u saying am a novice Perhaps u need to see that these other revisions are to correct the mistranslations....and hey! This is exactly what ur demon church did den, tryin to monopolise the Bible to only the latin vulgate, thank God for the Reformers who challenged them and fought with their lives ensuring that the Bible was retranslated correctly into several languages! Hence catholic monopoly died and its secret exposed! U shld go learn abt the history of the church u believe in well.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Annaka(f): 7:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg: For all dis catholic pupils here, I have a question to you

Why don't u honour David? Just as u honour Mary
gosh always askin dumb questions
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dakey(m): 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Firstly I warn all of u to becareful of what you criticize, it is a pity that somebody on earth will criticise catholic church... Take a look @ okotie's life, "maried twice , divorced twice" is this a life of a christian..NO. I also read that he said God appointed him to be president ....I dnt knw
But my main concern is to defend my church(faith)
Look @ d origin Of catholic.... I would proudly say that CATHOLIC is the only true church founded by Jesus christ himself.... "No offence pls" other churches mayb serving God too with there whole heart but that's not where am coming from. Pope benedict is a succesor of St peter to whom Jesus handed his sheep here on earth rooting to catholic church(ref;math:16:18-19 )
Knowing fully well that we are sinners and ar not wothy to stand christ, we ask VIRGIN MARY his mother to help interceed for us.....pls WE ARE NOT WORSHIPING VIRGIN MARY rather we honour her.
The rosary ..... The first part (hail mary) is the combination of what angel gabriel and Elizabeth said (ref:luk 1:28, 1:42) .. The second part (holy mary) we now ask her to pray for us sinners here on earth....
Pls everybody should be carefull, guard against fake pastors(am not calling anyone "fake"wink those that it concerns knws themselves..........be warned
I am a christian , a stonge catholic, I konw what I believe in , and I can defend it, most of them dnt knw and can't say the origin of their church......awesome[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dakey(m): 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Firstly I warn all of u to becareful of what you criticize, it is a pity that somebody on earth will criticise catholic church... Take a look @ okotie's life, "maried twice , divorced twice" is this a life of a christian..NO. I also read that he said God appointed him to be president ....I dnt knw
Look @ d origin Of catholic.... I would proudly say that CATHOLIC is the only true church founded by Jesus christ himself.... "No offence pls" other churches mayb serving God too with there whole heart but that's not where am coming from. Pope benedict is a succesor of St peter to whom Jesus handed his sheep here on earth rooting to catholic church(ref;math:16:18-19 )
Knowing fooly well that we are sinners and ar not wothy to stand christ, we ask VIRGIN MARY his mother to help interceed for us.....pls WE ARE NOT WORSHIPING VIRGIN MARY rather we honour her.
The rosary ..... The first part (hail mary) is the combination of what angel gabriel and Elizabeth said (ref:luk 1:28, 1:42) .. The second part (holy mary) we now ask her to pray for us sinners here on earth....
Pls everybody should be carefull, guard against fake pastors(am not calling anyone "fake"wink those that it concerns knws themselves..........be warned
I am a christian , a stonge catholic, I konw what I believe in , and I can defend it, most of them dnt knw and can't say the origin of their church......awesome[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
gratieao:
Of course, one can and should address Jesus directly in prayer; however, this does not negate Mary’s role. The question is a good one and possesses some complexity. All of the attributes of mercy and love attributed to Mary find their ultimate source in the Lord. The unity between the Mother and her divine Son is very intimate and unbreakable. Even when we address our prayers to Jesus or show him homage, we are also honoring his Mother and invoking her assistance. Mary rejoices when we come to her Son, no matter what the path. The Dominican priest, Fr. Jelly wrote that in this sense, even the most fundamentalist of Protestants are showing their respect to Mary in their devotion to Christ. Conversely, God is honored when we honor Mary. God loves us to honor Mary as a Father is pleased when his daughter is honored. All the honor we give to Mary is reflected back to God since we honor her for what He has done for her, with her, and through her. When we honor her, we honor Him. When Catholics address Mary, it is because there is something about her maternal qualities which soothe our souls and remind us of the great company of heaven– the home to which we hope to one day enter. Even in human families, the love and help of parents could just as well come from one parent or the other; but sometimes we want the strength of our fathers and at other times the feminine touch of our mothers. Mary is a creature, not God like her Son, and yet her abiding proximity and union to Christ makes her a fitting figure for our prayers. We reverence her, as we do all the saints, but true worship is addressed to God alone. Otherwise, we would fall into idolatry. Christ is our only mediator (1 Tim. 2:5-6) with the Father, but Mary can intercede (pray for us) with her Son Jesus. Jesus worked his first miracle at her request ( Jn. 2:1-12). Just as we can ask other members of the church on earth to pray for us (1 Tim. 2:1; 2 Tim. 1:3; Phil. 4:22), so too, can we ask members of the church in heaven to pray for us (Rv. 5:8; 6:9-11; 7:10-12; 8:2-6; Mt. 22:31, 32).

Let me attempt to puncture your blind spot with some light:

1. All of the attributes of mercy and love attributed to Mary find their ultimate source in the Lord
# Mercy and Love are God's nature not Mary, therefore, no basis exist in the scriptures for your conclusion.

2. The unity between the Mother and her divine Son is very intimate and unbreakable

#The unity between Mary and Jesus is even weaker than the Unity between Apostle Paul or John and Jesus, therefore this is no reason to 'Honour' Mary.

3. Even when we address our prayers to Jesus or show him homage, we are also honoring his Mother and invoking her assistance
# Jesus himself said, in that day, you will no longer ask me anything, for the FATHER knows what you need . For you will ask the FATHER anything in MY NAME, and He will do it for you. We pray in the name of Jesus and not to Jesus. We worship Jesus because He is the visible God, the head of the Gdhead in bodily form.

4. All the honor we give to Mary is reflected back to God since we honor her for what He has done for her, with her, and through her

# God himself said, Him alone you shall HONOUR. Did you ever read anywhere in the bible that those before the throne room of God 'honoured' Mary?

5. Just as we can ask other members of the church on earth to pray for us (1 Tim. 2:1; 2 Tim. 1:3; Phil. 4:22), so too, can we ask members of the church in heaven to pray for us (Rv. 5:8; 6:9-11; 7:10-12; 8:2-6; Mt. 22:31, 32).

# If one was to follow your line of thinking, of all in heaven, who would you suppose you have to pray to the most? Surely it must be Abraham to whom God willed the whole earth, right? Where in the bible were you told to pray for the saints in heaven to pray for you? FYI, the saints over there in waiting are in anxious glory awaiting the call of God for the end of time!

6. God loves us to honor Mary as a Father is pleased when his daughter is honored. All the honor we give to Mary is reflected back to God since we honor her for what He has done for her, with her, and through her. When we honor her, we honor Him.

# Where in the scriptures did God say: Honour Mary, for in Her my joy is full when you honour Her? You are ascribing to Mary what God in His infinite wisdom attribute to His dear son, Jesus.

From your response, it is obvious that all you have tried to do, is justify you idolatry!

Bible said in 1 Cor. 1: 9
"God is faithful, through whom ye were called into the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord." Surely, our fellow is with the Father through His Son, Jesus!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by gratieao: 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
jdilight:

sorry mary holds no intercessory office in heaven. Jesus himself said,"ask the father anything in my name". so y go through mary. is the father wicked or what. Why can't we go to the father direct as he said we should. l want to know y we need a mediator?
Have you ever asked a friend for a favor? Or have you ever said to someone “Please pray for me?” Mary and the Saints are our friends in Heaven (unless you don’t believe that they are truly alive in Heaven). As such, they see God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – face to face. Who better to pray for us and present our prayers to Jesus “in person?” Mary and the Saints “do” nothing of themselves; they all point to Jesus. Remember what Mary told the servants at the wedding feast at Cana: “Do whatever He [Jesus] tells you.” Open your mind to the fullness and richness of His ENTIRE family, and the wonderful ways we can love and help each other!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Fernandez01: 7:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
The religious entrepreneur Chris Okotie is just seeking attention
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
manny4life:

What in the world are you talking about?

When Jesus walked the earth to his death, was he not referred to as "SON OF MAN"?

What junk are you talking about? He's always been divine, YET, he was a man...

My point is SIMPLE and CLEAR. Like Mary, Jesus was a MAN born of a WOMAN, though he was the SON OF GOD, yet he was a man.

Oh my! What kind of Christian are u? Or a Bible student?

So u dnt know why Jesus used the title "the Son of Man"? I challenge u to show otherwise that Jesus ddnt add the article "the" to SON OF MAN.

Hence Jesus wasn't refering to His humanity, infact no Orthodox Christian denies that Jesus is ONE Person with 2 natures! He is the God-Man!

But now let's look at the title of "the Son of Man"
Here Jesus was also pointing to His Divinity...as God will never share His Glory with anyone (sometin d jews believe)

So let's look at wea Jesus got this title from!

Daniel 7:13-14

13 "I saw in the night visions,
and behold, with the clouds of heaven
there came one like a son of man,
and he came to the Ancient of Days
and was presented before him.
14  And to him was given dominion
and glory and a kingdom,
that all peoples, nations, and languages
should serve him;
his dominion is an everlasting dominion,
which shall not pass away,
and his kingdom one
that shall not be destroyed.

Wow! There u have it!

Pls can many of this so called Christians study their Bible?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
gratieao: The Catholic Church is the “church” established by Jesus. All the bishops and priests are direct successors of the original apostles.

Jesus did not 'establish' any church. Jesus is the church in bodily form! What a folly to think human linage suffice for God's adoption? Show us in the bible where Jesus said He has given the church power to forgive sins! Please give us the biblical reference for us all to study and learn from.

It comes across perhaps you do not even know what the word 'Christian' and 'Christianity' means! Antioch was the place where those who 'follow' Jesus ( in their manner of worship and servitude) were first called 'Christians'. So by your logic, they from Antioch hold the complete form of Christianity? How did Catholicism come to fore as the original and most complete form of Christianity?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
gratieao:
Have you ever asked a friend for a favor? Or have you ever said to someone “Please pray for me?” Mary and the Saints are our friends in Heaven (unless you don’t believe that they are truly alive in Heaven). As such, they see God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – face to face. Who better to pray for us and present our prayers to Jesus “in person?” Mary and the Saints “do” nothing of themselves; they all point to Jesus. Remember what Mary told the servants at the wedding feast at Cana: “Do whatever He [Jesus] tells you.” Open your mind to the fullness and richness of His ENTIRE family, and the wonderful ways we can love and help each other!

Simple question! Show us Biblical proof that Mary was asked to pray for the Apostles or anyone at all? Either while she was alive or slept in the Lord! And was Mary Sinless? If No, then did she also needed Christ Salvation?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Rexyl(m): 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lady~Jul:
Na wa o.... Sum pple will just be opening their smelling mouth to say evil lies just to condemn others. I dnt knw where dis man of God got dat information abt catholics worshiping the devil, is it dat he has heard catholics preaching against christ? Or has he heard catholics preaching for the devil? Or sumthing just entered his head and he startd sayin rubbish. Pls dnt let anybody decieve u, we catholics dnt worship the devil neither do we worship the holy mary and we will never do dat, we only worship the one and only almighty God and believe Jesus christ is the son of God who came to die for us inorder to reedem mankind and only through him can we be saved, pls dnt be decieved. May the lord have mercy on all of us in Jesus name. Amen

I believe in clarifying matters as regards what people believe, their conducts thru it and what they expect as gains. Perhaps some people have misconception about Catholic Church, at least your submission about Catholic faith will clear their confusion. A to Z of Christian faith is based on knowing and serving God through Jesus Christ the owner of living Church and by the power of Holy Spirit.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by PatOgidi(m): 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
He's wrong with his preaching.

But you just ended your hypocritical comment with "judging"
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by gratieao: 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Y do u catholics like feeding us with myths Now can u give us a "non catholic (mythical) source" confirming this ur so called claims?
Sorry, you are ignorant of both Catholic teaching and God’s Word.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Lightening: 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
I am a well schooled catholic, but now a more libereal christian. Catholic teaching does not support worshipping of Blessed Virgin Mary nor any of the Saints. It rather promotes a well deserved honor for these patriachs and matriachs of faith.

But the truth is that out of ignorance or sheer emotion, some catholics occassionally cross the boundary to actually perform certain acts on these images that could be rightly termed Worship.

These ignorant catholics are those creating occassions for attacks on the catholic church.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
dakey: Firstly I warn all of u to becareful of what you criticize, it is a pity that somebody on earth will criticise catholic church... Take a look @ okotie's life, "maried twice , divorced twice" is this a life of a christian..NO. I also read that he said God appointed him to be president ....I dnt knw
Knowing fully well that we are sinners and ar not wothy to stand christ, we ask VIRGIN MARY his mother to help interceed for us.....pls WE ARE NOT WORSHIPING VIRGIN MARY rather we honour her.
Like Jesus said to the scribes, YOU WORSHIP WHAT YOU KNOW NOTHING OFF!

I was in Rome earlier this year and I took time to go see the Vatican, visited the main hall, the silent tomb where they claimed Peter was buried, and also visited all the tomb of the dead Pope buried under neath the Vatican.

One thing struck me so hard, which was this. In side the Vatican, you find massive statue of Mary, plated in gold. I searched to see any image of Jesus, the only thing I found close to it was an infant, that 'looks' like Jesus.

I look at the section where the Pope takes communion, I could not find even a painting of Jesus. Look straight at the golden lamb hanging from the ceilings, I saw scary looking statues for which I did have words to describe them!

Then I asked my mate who is a catholic, do you still believe?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

Daysman Oyakhilome Breaks Silence On Suspension / "My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God / Chris Okotie: The Truth About T.B Joshua. He Was A Magician & A Sorcerer (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.