Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,030 members, 7,915,983 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:26 PM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54900 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
amakenny: Your stance that Catholics worship Mary is like a stance of a nit wit, a dullard, an atheist. It is the most dumb. Catholics worship God Almighty. They pray to Mary and other Angels and Saints to also help in highlighting their prayers before God. Objects like the Cross or statues of Mary and others serve as remembrances, the same manner you keep your late relations photos or status vissible for remembrance purposes,

Why do u ppl insult God the Father and Jesus unknowingly?
Since wen did God become deaf that He can't hear prayers of the righteous that the Angels, Saints and Mary had to table it so He doesn't forget

Why are u catholic zealots insulting God dis way?
Some will say Jesus obeys His mother n dats why dey pray to Mary, so Jesus has now become wicked to sinners and has no pity anymore nor does He care about the righteous?

Catholic ppl sha!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
Baby mama:

So what is the difference between that priest and Okotie?
Who is claiming holier than thou here Okotie,myself or the catholic priest?
Let him remove the timber in his eyes before he can see the speck in father Hyginus Ukachikwu nwachukwu's eye
All I am simply pointing to you is, do not defend what you know little about. Many gave their lives so you and I can have a Bible to study. Go and study your bible and stop casting aspersions.

If Okotie said all catholics would go to hell. I expect you to go to your bible, search for those who the bible says will go to hell or are in hell already, then see what your catholic priest is teaching you and what you are practicing. If it falls into the categories the bible mention would go to hell, then you have your answer. If not, why bother?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by coolslim: 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Really? Peter started the catholic church? Why do this catholic zealots spread the myths of their church? Ok if so, can u give us any non catholic back up of Peter founding the Catholic church? Atleast we have many sources confirming James the Brother of the Lord with the Christian Copts of Egypt!
Catholic did not start with peter.The bible always refere to the gathering of christains as the church in() or congregation.
The romans where fierce persecutors of christains.it was Constantine that made christainity their official religion because he percievd it wil support his political goals.The ramans worshipd alort of deities but accepts one as supperior.whn Constantine acceptd christainity he knew it wil be difficult to bring others so he allomd them to come with their deity.so startd most of the catholic beleive and practice.instead of worshiping an egyptian godess by what its knwn for they cal it mary .Their are alort of them i point this as it relate to the thread.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
ijeoma dennis: I don't know y we christian like criticizing our selves , u can neva c muslims doing dis rubish yes I call it rubish, am not a catholic but we dat attend church dat we make heaven, are we sure of heaven? pls is tym to come togeda as 1 (we christians) muslims can go to any mosque and worship but we christians can neva do dat. christians let's stop dis and pray for us to make Heaven ooooooo

It is called BEAMING THE LIGHT OF GOD WORD AND REVEALING THE TRUTH! Bible said search the scriptures, for in it you will find the truth. If the word of God condemn you not, then you are at peace with God and have fellow with Him, else it is idolatry.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 8:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
gratieao:
As for remembering Mary, there is nothing in Scripture that prevents it. Indeed, the Gospel of Luke gives us a prophecy that many would open up to Mary. Luke 2:34-35: “…Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, “Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also),
that thoughts out of many hearts may be revealed.”

So what has this got to do with my question?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by MrsAwesome: 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
jdilight:

where did the bible ask you to pray to jesus. we pray to God our father through jesus.

where do Mary come in the picture.
this is a very big problem. Who actually told us to pray in Jesus name... Cos according to Jesus and his our lords prayer..his model of how prayer should be like ......no Jesus was mentioned at the tail end. CONFUSION..Now each person is interpreting the bible to suit them...
Telling Catholics that they worship devil...are you kidding ...with some pages of write up..written 2000 years ago to some medieval Jews ...applying it to daily life of modern people and if a section deviate a little from your belief..he or she is labeled an idol worshipper or worst still sentenced to hell.........
Indeed, it is becoming a joke.....smh.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by amanda2013(f): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
Religion is very funi Hahahahaha !ndi kwe ma ndi ekweghi!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by obillyj(f): 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
first of all, no catholic bows down to Mary quote me, what we do is call genuflecting the same you do to your obas and you chiefs and even the average elderly Yoruba man or woman you see on the street. as for Mary being the way the truth and the life you said so yourself NO catholic has ever said that, because we are sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God we go through his mother to INTERCEDE for us on our behalf. Mary was specially conceived without original sin you and i was born with, she was specially designed as the vessel to bring the savior into this world, as for the name Mary, you are right it could as well be Martha or even chrissy3, but it wasn't . and if you say she was just a human, y weren't YOU chosen to bring the savior into the world. i beg of you change you ideology about all this things. ignorance is bliss they say but it is stupid when you base your arguments on them.. have a nice day smiley

Bro. Victor has a testimony on his encounter in hell & heaven. He said during his tour with an angel in heaven, the angel pointed to a young lady busy doing sth and asked," do u know who that is?" he said No & the angel said "that is Mary, the mother of Jesus.people on earth are busy praying to her to intercede for them...." which she is not doing.

@dans, you made some point i don't quite agree with, 1) You said u go through d mother to INTERCEDE- if that is d case, then d death of Christ was in vain. d blood he shed for remission of sin is in vain.in d old testament there was shedding of animals blood for God 2 give d Israelites which was not strong enough.in d new testament God sent his only son to die.ever since he looks on the blood n has mercy on you &i unlike in d old when he would strike immediately. he is d atonement for our sin 1Jn 2:2. tell me is d blood of human born of woman strong enough to forgive & wash away sin? "I am the way......no one comes to the father except thru me. John 14:6" said by Jesus himself. Acts 4:12.

2) "Mary was specially conceived.....? who gave birth 2 Mary? was it Holy Ghost too? was Mary not born of woman? " for ALL have sinned.....Rom 3:23" every seed of woman was born in sin. Ps 51:5. God chose Mary cos she was very much available at d time he needed a vessel to carry d holy seed. being d mother did not guarantee her heaven i believe she worked out her salvation with fear n trembling n following d dictates of my bible it says no where she should be honored.

3)Mary was just a human born of woman like u n me. He is an available human vessel used by God & not some holy Ghost. don't forget human Mary was betrothed to Joseph.

let us base this argument on d scripture. bring ur point base on scripture.
My view is that Pastor Chris should not have talked the way he did. who gave him right to condemn another human.i do not judge either but try to relate what was said to the scripture. not everything that transpired was written down thou let's allow God be d judge.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Noneroone(m): 8:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
first of all, no catholic bows down to Mary quote me, what we do is call genuflecting the same you do to your obas and you chiefs and even the average elderly Yoruba man or woman you see on the street. as for Mary being the way the truth and the life you said so yourself NO catholic has ever said that, because we are sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God we go through his mother to INTERCEDE for us on our behalf. Mary was specially conceived without original sin you and i was born with, she was specially designed as the vessel to bring the savior into this world, as for the name Mary, you are right it could as well be Martha or even chrissy3, but it wasn't . and if you say she was just a human, y weren't YOU chosen to bring the savior into the world. i beg of you change you ideology about all this things. ignorance is bliss they say but it is stupid when you base your arguments on them.. have a nice day smiley
Friend, i do not wish to judge but it will not be proper to allow you think we dont know what the catholic church represents. You just said you honour mary and not worship her, you are lying. Let me prove it :

A catholic church in my home town go with the name "most holy name of mary catholic church" the question is do you honour mary more than you worship our lord Jesus christ as the name clearly suggests?

The catholic church also claims that our Lord Jesus christ ascended into heaven while in the case of Mary it was assumption hence maria assumpta, assumption cathedral. Is making her equal with Christ part of the conventional honour you mean?

Finally the catholic church claim mary is the queen of heaven and call her regina caeli. Is this part of the ordinary honour you mean?

It is obvious all these lack scriptural foundation which is why Anglicans call them "Romish doctrines" that have nothing in common with Christianity. I surely will let you continue in them but we are not stupid for preaching against them as you wish to be impressed.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mrs Awesome: this is a very big problem. Who actually told us to pray in Jesus name... Cos according to Jesus and his our lords prayer..his model of how prayer should be like ......no Jesus was mentioned at the tail end. CONFUSION..Now each person is interpreting the bible to suit them...
Telling Catholics that they worship devil...are you kidding ...with some pages of write up..written 2000 years ago to some medieval Jews ...applying it to daily life of modern people and if a section deviate a little from your belief..he or she is labeled an idol worshipper or worst still sentenced to hell.........

Smh! if u are gonna relate with someone's religion, atleast get familiar with it...u seem to boast that u know the message of Jesus and His Biblical accts and yet u ddnt know where the Bible says we shld pray in Jesus' name?
Again u dnt knw how the Bible came to be?! Smh!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by vivixander: 8:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
13 pages of back and forth, sometimes heated arguments. Isn't it amazing that religion does not cause this much discord among the white man who brought Christianity to us? Protestants protest against Catholics; and Pentecostals protest against protestants and against other pentecostals. If Nigerians spent this much energy on more productive ventures, Nigeria would be in a better place. Live and let leave people. Haba!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mrs Awesome: this is a very big problem. Who actually told us to pray in Jesus name... Cos according to Jesus and his our lords prayer..his model of how prayer should be like ......no Jesus was mentioned at the tail end. CONFUSION..Now each person is interpreting the bible to suit them...
This is how you know those who do not study their bible and do not live by what is written therein!

Now do yourself a favour and study these verse especially the ones in bold.
John 16: 17 -33
17 Some of his disciples said to one another, "What does he mean by saying, 'In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me,' and 'Because I am going to the Father'?"

18 They kept asking, "What does he mean by 'a little while'? We don't understand what he is saying."

19 Jesus saw that they wanted to ask him about this, so he said to them, "Are you asking one another what I meant when I said, 'In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me'?

20 I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.

21 A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.

23 In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

25 "Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.

26 In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf.

27 No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

28 I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father."

29 Then Jesus' disciples said, "Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech.

30 Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God."

31 "You believe at last!" Jesus answered.

32 "But a time is coming, and has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by chidijp1(m): 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

So what does this "hail mary" prayer means
"Pray for us...."??

Honour??
Or
Worship
When you ask your Pastor to pray for you, does that make a your pastor your god? Don't argue blindly. Leave the Catholic church alone.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Diamondwriter(m): 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
dhensity:

lol see another confused person, honour to Mary, Glory to Jesus..smh, where in d bible was Mary said 2 be honoured..in d long run u stil worshiping her...

i knw my bible was explicit about it...about making any image with the likeness of things on heaven nd on earth!!! pls open ur eyes ok
dude honour ur father and ur mother so that ur day maybe long.
@all,,, aren't u tired of this exhausting arguement?:-/ Wat u bliv in is wat u bliv in. If a blackman tells u he isn't Nigerian,who are u to say that he is?.. They said they don't worship mary,u said they do. Now who has the headache.
Arguement personified. Keep wasting ur time o.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
chidi jp: When you ask your Pastor to pray for you, does that make a your pastor your god? Don't argue blindly. Leave the Catholic church alone.

Now u have foolishly assumed what I don't do...I haven't ever asked any Pastor to pray for me!

Now u r d one arguing foolishly, what is Mary praying about for u? Can't ur priest pray for u about it? What makes Mary the Favourite? Why not Abraham, or David?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by searay(m): 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
Idolatory as practice by catholics is sin
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by phatasschick(f): 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Wow!!! This is ridiculous! a learner tryin hard to read Mary into revelations verse 12!

If u say the passage is about Mary, den answer the following

1.What are the 12 stars on her head?
2. What's d significance of the 3.5yrs?
3.What's d flood?

Again dnt be ignorant dear! The woman in that verse isn't Mary but Israel herself!
oh pls xo u wanna tell me dat isreal gave birth yo d child d dragon came after and when he culdnt get to d chilf came after d woman hu God in turn gave wings to fly and kept her in a safe place ehn... Guess u re d learner here
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by philkul: 8:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
He's wrong with his preaching.
For ur info we don't worship Mary we honour her say wat u knw n if ure not sure just kip ur Goddamn mouth shut
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
phatasschick: oh pls xo u wanna tell me dat isreal gave birth yo d child d dragon came after and when he culdnt get to d chilf came after d woman hu God in turn gave wings to fly and kept her in a safe place ehn... Guess u re d learner here

See, u cnt even relate to d questions dere and u expect any one to follow ur exegesis? Well either u like it or not, the Woman is Israel...Rev12! Very symbolic!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Annaka(f): 9:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
[quote
author=dejilg]

If my Pastor is praying for me (if he did at all) den it isn't for me to
make heaven, but a prayer for my living on earth, probably being sick!
But at d hour of death? Only Faith in Christ can save! Not even a Mary
can do anythin to save u, she herself needs Jesus saving her![/quote] lol i pity u o,self centred human being so u dont pray 2 God on other pple's bhalf ?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by philkul: 9:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Now u have foolishly assumed what I don't do...I haven't ever asked any Pastor to pray for me!

Now u r d one arguing foolishly, what is Mary praying about for u? Can't ur priest pray for u about it? What makes Mary the Favourite? Why not Abraham, or David?
because Mary is d mother of Christ n every. Mother plays a special role unles urs is not doing hers

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by coolslim: 9:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
Toktee: Can you tell me how and when the woman call mary died?
And after the day of penticost,how many times the name of mary was mention in the bible?
You guy are so brainwash that u have refused to accept to truth.
she hard other kids they where not believers as at then.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Stevez32(m): 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
Wislet: So.... The Redemption plan of the Lord Jesus excluded Mary? You are all trying to say that the Lord Jesus came to die for everybody else on earth except her....cos she was without sin? Really??
Why didn't Jesus worship her then? Is there anywhere it's written He did? We'd love to know pls.
The fact that God favoured her to be the one to give birth to the Lord meant she was without sin? It meant she was soooo holy she was the only one qualified?

Is that what you think or are being taught?

She was sooo holy she was not part of the sin of Adam? She was not born of man but dropped 'hollily' from the skies?

Are YOU sure about that? Or you swallow teachings without seeking knowledge from God's word?

Not gonna argue the word with anybody...but, no one will use another person as an excuse that he was taught anything. The Bible is there for you to read for yourself, and the Holy Spirit is there to give you understanding.

You have a cold brain
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Annaka(f): 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
[quote
author=dejilg]

If my Pastor is praying for me (if he did at all) den it isn't for me to
make heaven, but a prayer for my living on earth, probably being sick!
But at d hour of death? Only Faith in Christ can save! Not even a Mary
can do anythin to save u, she herself needs Jesus saving her![/quote] lol i pity u o,self centred human being so u dont pray 2 God on other pple's bhalf ?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
Annaka: lol i pity u o,self centred human being so u dont pray 2 God on other pple's bhalf ?

But wen I pray on other ppl's behalf, I do so in Jesus' name only! Not in anyone's name, either alive or dead! Just Jesus'........

Stop looking for a connection btw I and Mary!

I am Alive and Conscious, Mary sleeps in the Lord and not conscious of what's happen on earth
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by igchuka(m): 9:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
Luke 11: 27-28
27 ¶ And it happened, as He spoke these things, that a certain woman from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, "Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You!"
28 But He said, "More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!"
I hope this helps. God is more interested in you believing the Word of God and obeying it than in Mary related issues.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by 735i(m): 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
In this matter, you do not HAVE a choice! God has vowed, those who would call Him their FATHER shall bow to him ONLY in worship! If Apostle Peter in all of His prayers did not bow nor pray to Mary, then you must be practicing idolatry.

Well...that's my fvcking problem.
And i do have a choice...God gave me the freedom to choose between good and evil....
Not everything is written in the bible; the little you have in the bible is written; that you may believe...
So Peter didn't bow to Mary? Who said he did?
Did Peter marry and divorce more than 1 wife?
Did Peter make his hair like your "pastors" ?

If i choose to honour Mary ;It's my problem! not yours
I'm sure you have yours; go fix 'em!!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
jdilight:

hmm are you saying mary didn't have father too like jesus.

hmmmm, wonders in christiandom.

hmmm, do you know mary had other children beside jesus with her husband joseph.

hmmm
the parents of mary were Joachim and ann, and I repeat mary had no other children apart from Jesus.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
philkul:
because Mary is d mother of Christ n every. Mother plays a special role unles urs is not doing hers

wow! Now we are told Mary is playin a special role, can u tell us what role she is playing now?

and thanks for alluding to my Mother, I see her as a mini "god" that can plead for the ants I have vouched to destroy their colony......happy now?

Am I wicked?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by 735i(m): 9:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

wow! Now we are told Mary is playin a special role, can u tell us what role she is playing now?

and thanks for alluding to my Mother, I see her as a mini "god" that can plead for the ants I have vouched to destroy their colony......happy now?

Am I wicked?

Are you really dumb? Or you're just making a concerted attempt to appear dumb?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by candor4(f): 9:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
mister you just judged too. i rather u keep quiet than say things u aint sure off. biko!!! its called HONORING Mary not Worshipping

Kip deceiving urself
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
735 i:

Are you really dumb? Or you're just making a concerted attempt to appear dumb?

How does dis address the question?
Perhaps ur glasses is bad?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Daysman Oyakhilome Breaks Silence On Suspension / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.