Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,484 members, 7,888,527 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:52 AM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54714 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Noneroone(m): 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans: yes Mary is the queen of heaven and most of these teachings are from the dogma of the catholic church
clans:
Mary's name is holy I agree. Mary's assumption is not same with the ascension of Jesus the word say it and besides Mary died but her body was assumed into heaven cos it wasn't found again, you don't expect the mother of our lord Jesus to corrupt in the soil like you and I. yes Mary is the queen of heaven and most of these teachings are from the dogma of the catholic church
clans:
yes Mary is the queen of heaven and most of these teachings are from the dogma of the catholic church
you have said the truth-that catholic doctrines are human inventions- which makes Chris okotie most probably right!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Wow! Tell me abt the meetings? Hw many girls have u caught so far? wink

Wow! Tell me abt the meetings? Hw many girls have u caught so far?

Bros no mind those idiots.that was about a decade ago when I was still an undergraduate.one of the female members pestered my life till I agreed to attend a few meetings with them. Wetin I see there my eye no fit talk.They even held a beauty pageant in one of the sunday services I attended.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
It is so easy to write length letters, simply prove to us from the bible that your are doing is scriptural and of sound doctrine! The devil is as old as the earth, yet no truth remains In Him!

Also, you need to understand that there is the difference between Catholic and Roman Catholic. catholic means Universal, hence when you say Catholic Christian, you are implying Universal Christian which really does not make sense. It is either you are a Christian or not. As far as I know, your doctrine will find you out when the time is ripe.

Why is it hard for you to search the bible for yourself and find out what is in it, examine what your church is teaching you and see if it agrees with what you are learning from your personal study of the bible. If not, maybe you need to evaluate your ways again.
Omo_Tier1:
It is so easy to write length letters, simply prove to us from the bible that your are doing is scriptural and of sound doctrine! The devil is as old as the earth, yet no truth remains In Him!

Also, you need to understand that there is the difference between Catholic and Roman Catholic. catholic means Universal, hence when you say Catholic Christian, you are implying Universal Christian which really does not make sense. It is either you are a Christian or not. As far as I know, your doctrine will find you out when the time is ripe.

Why is it hard for you to search the bible for yourself and find out what is in it, examine what your church is teaching you and see if it agrees with what you are learning from your personal study of the bible. If not, maybe you need to evaluate your ways again.

The same bible that was compiled by te catholic church in the fourth century smh.

The catholic church is same as the roman catholic church.whether the word catholic means universal is immaterial

Catholic Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Catholic Church, also known as the Roman Catholic Church, is the world's largest Christian church, with 1.2 billion
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 10:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

Is that not a teaching from your jerry curl masturbation teaching pastor? Is masturbation not allowed in your church? I have attended few prayer meetings of the Christ embassy church and I bet you that is the most carnal church in Nigeria.Their ladies are too worldly and wear the skimpiest of attires to church.You would not even though whether you are in a church or a night club
The same church I go to get blessed and my life remains on an upward and forward only path. The truth is, even if some of you are taking to heaven, you would claim you saw devil there!

Go back and listen to Pastor Chris video on masturbation, and I am sure your understanding will be fruitful. All he explained was that masturbation as an act is not a sin. A man doe not sin because He masturbates, rather, a man sin because He goes against the Gods word.

That a man EATS a stolen bread does not make him a thief, rather that he STOLE the bread is what makes Him thief. Hopefully your understanding is simple,

Remember sin as defined in the bible is thus: whatsoever is not of faith, which workers by love is SIN.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 10:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

The same bible that was compiled by te catholic church in the fourth century smh.
Ah, perhaps you need to study your bible. The scriptures were inspired by the Holy Spirit. So save your breathe. Was Catholic Church in existence after the ascension of our lord Jesus? Or did it not occur to you that Claudia in Her home group fellowship read the scriptures at the time?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 10:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros no mind those idiots.that was about a decade ago when I was still an undergraduate.one of the female members pestered my life till I agreed to attend a few meetings with them. Wetin I see there my eye no fit talk.They even held a beauty pageant in one of the sunday services I attended.

U must have enjoyed it oh! While sippin malt
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
The same church I go to get blessed and my life remains on an upward and forward only path. The truth is, even if some of you are taking to heaven, you would claim you saw devil there!

Go back and listen to Pastor Chris video on masturbation, and I am sure your understanding will be fruitful. All he explained was that masturbation as an act is not a sin. A man doe not sin because He masturbates, rather, a man sin because He goes against the Gods word.

That a man EATS a stolen bread does not make him a thief, rather that he STOLE the bread is what makes Him thief. Hopefully your understanding is simple,

Remember sin as defined in the bible is thus: whatsoever is not of faith, which workers by love is SIN.

No wonder your spiritual knowlege is this impaired as displayed on this thread.masturbation is an act. Indeed.lol
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 10:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

The catholic church is same as the roman catholic church.whether the word catholic means universal is immaterial

Catholic Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Catholic Church, also known as the Roman Catholic Church, is the world's largest Christian church, with 1.2 billion 

Uhm! Not quite right there! The Bible predates the Roman Catholic Church!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 10:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

No wonder your spiritual knowlege is this impaired as displayed on this thread.masturbation is an act. Indeed.lol
Ah, any surprise you could not take those words even from your catholic bible? Okay, you claim masturbation is a sin, now I ask, show me a verse in the bible that says it is a sin.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 10:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Ofcos its a "SIN" and if a man eats a stolen bread while knowing its stolen even if he isn't the one who stole it, its also a SIN.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by nolia66(f): 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
He's wrong with his preaching.
who told u catholics worship mary,pls get ur facts rite b4 u open ur mouth 2 tlk.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Uhm! Not quite right there! The Bible predates the Roman Catholic Church!

Bros abeg stop disgracing urself here and ask google.The bokks that make up today's bible was selected by the catholic chhurch at the synod of hippo in 393CE.This was ratified by the councils of carthage in 397 and 419 CE
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 10:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros abeg stop disgracing urself here and ask google.The bokks that make up today's bible was selected by the catholic chhurch at the synod of hippo in 393CE.This was ratified by the councils of carthage in 397 and 419 CE

Again its not correct!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Ofcos its a "SIN" and if a man eats a stolen bread while knowing its stolen even if he isn't the one who stole it, its also a SIN.
So I challenge you also, show me the scriptures that says it is a sin. I mean scriptural references from the bible. I am keen to learn you know. Also, I want you to tell me what the bible defined to be sin in the New Testament.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

I have asked you, was Roman Catholic in existence when Claudia held her fellowship meetings in the days of the early church? Was Mary using the catholic bible after Jesus ascended? The bible tells us that after Jesus left, Mary His mother joined other 'believers' in devoting themselves to the reading of the scriptures.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
We dont worship Mary. We worship Jehovah God through the sacrifice of the holy mass. Which Jesus Christ commanded us to do when he broke bread at the last supper. It is unfortunate most people don't understand Catholicism hence they attack it. We honour Mary because she brought forth our redeemer into the world.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by nolia66(f): 10:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Pls u al shld stop dis hate 4 d catholic faith,at d end of d day,we won't b judged by d church we attended while on earth,all God has asked 4rm us is 2 love one another n follow his commandments..dnt let d ignorance of 1 man lead us 2 sin,cos dats d only tin dat can take us 2 hell
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by juanmiguel: 10:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
chrissy3: so honouring mary means you have to go against God's command not to make image of anything in heaven,earth and beneath the sea,you must not bow? Now mary is now 'the way the truth and the life,no one comes to the father except through her? Funny I thought that was suppose to be jesus? Listen jesus christ had to be born as human so he must be born by a human and mary was picked for reasons know to God but the name mary can easily be Martha if someone else was picked .if I ask you catholics why mary was picked you can't say and your saying honouring mary.yes you would give her respect but she has no teaching of the bible and was a vessel for the birth of christ,she is just human nothing more.
y'l u ask catholics y Mary was picked? R they God dat picked her? Were there no other women in the world? Mayb u should go n ask God y she picked Mary instead of ur ggggggggmama! Yes she is human, she's being honoured cos of what God used her to do. Picking her alone sef was an honour. Gosh! Aren't you tired of all these?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Danielle22(f): 10:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
[quote
author=clans]i just don't get the beef with people and Catholics. im a
proud catholic and loving it, and i seriously take no offense to
whatever pastor Chris says. instead i will take an offense when someone
says we aint worshiping God, where did you get such an idea from. but as
a peace loving Catholic i am, i would pray for your souls and ask the
good God to grant you pardon and pray its not to late for you.. peace be
with you... smiley[/quote]
U hit d nail hard on d head......#gbam#.....
Proud 2 be a catholic
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 11:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
nolia66: Pls u al shld stop dis hate 4 d catholic faith,at d end of d day,we won't b judged by d church we attended while on earth,all God has asked 4rm us is 2 love one another n follow his commandments..dnt let d ignorance of 1 man lead us 2 sin,cos dats d only tin dat can take us 2 hell
No body hates the Catholics, certainly not me, rather, people are only asking you to educate them about the doctrine your practise! Instead you Catholics proving your beliefs from het scriptures, many of you are hiding behind articles written by priest and some old hashed tales.

Why is it so hard for you to explain with the scriptures what you believe? If honouring Mary is something the bible tells us to do, then show us where it is and we can all learn.

Most people are asking honest questions and wanting to learn more, but like the secrecy that have surrounded Catholic Church for hundreds years, you all are lip sealed.

When I get questioned about my faith and believes, I make reference to the bible and explain myself and every true Christian should be able to.

2 Timothy 2:15 " Study to show yourself approved unto God, as a work man who need not be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth".
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ada Nri1: We dont worship Mary. We worship Jehovah God through the sacrifice of the holy mass. Which Jesus Christ commanded us to do when he broke bread at the last supper. It is unfortunate most people don't understand Catholicism hence they attack it. We honour Mary because she brought forth our redeemer into the world.
So why then do you not honour David? Or Abraham through whom the "seed" came?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OLEBRUKU(m): 11:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mek una dey dia dey argue, bokoharam members n kidnappers go mek heaven... Even Jesus christ talk am for bible. THANK GOD I AM A CATHOLIC!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Niseamaka(m): 11:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
chrissy3: so honouring mary means you have to go against God's command not to make image of anything in heaven,earth and beneath the sea,you must not bow? Now mary is now 'the way the truth and the life,no one comes to the father except through her? Funny I thought that was suppose to be jesus? Listen jesus christ had to be born as human so he must be born by a human and mary was picked for reasons know to God but the name mary can easily be Martha if someone else was picked .if I ask you catholics why mary was picked you can't say and your saying honouring mary.yes you would give her respect but she has no teaching of the bible and was a vessel for the birth of christ,she is just human nothing more.

Who said humans should not be honoured?.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by juanmiguel: 11:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
Beezally: can't u read jesus told his disciples do this in REMEMBRANCE OF ME. So can u see d significance
u dnt even need to anser him/her. He/she claims to b a christian but doesn't knw the significance of the holy eucharist. Eg of a fault finder.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by nattyGENT: 11:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
you are a nit-wit for saying what you dont know.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by GentleFrank(m): 11:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
May God forgive all that has spoken against him. Proudly CATHOLIC !!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by ndubuisinnamani(m): 11:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lady~Jul:
Na wa o.... Sum pple will just be opening their smelling mouth to say evil lies just to condemn others. I dnt knw where dis man of God got dat information abt catholics worshiping the devil, is it dat he has heard catholics preaching against christ? Or has he heard catholics preaching for the devil? Or sumthing just entered his head and he startd sayin rubbish. Pls dnt let anybody decieve u, we catholics dnt worship the devil neither do we worship the holy mary and we will never do dat, we only worship the one and only almighty God and believe Jesus christ is the son of God who came to die for us inorder to reedem mankind and only through him can we be saved, pls dnt be decieved. May the lord have mercy on all of us in Jesus name. Amen
na you get their time. Proudly catholic
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
Muslims don laugh us tire for this thread matter. see how christians de condemn each other to hell. May God help us.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by stanlomite: 11:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
my bro and sis in Catholic faith leave those nairalander prosecuting the church,after all their own doctrine is formulated by their so called pastor or rev for their selfish interest ripping the money of church members to buy aircraft,campaign for election,build tertiary SKU that even the average member of their church cannot afford to pay d tution forgetting DAT d money is also from them and deceiving them.quoting bible in wrong way for them when every1 die one hidden secret will be exposed consider d recent pastor with his own doctrine where must of u critics attend and belive in DAT die and it was discovered he is a cultist.
Am proud to be a Catholic and I pray for all prosecuting d church DAT may almighty God forgive u because u don't know wat you are saying.Pastor okotie is not some1 u need to criticized u know na God send am make he contest election with church donation thrice and didn't win.God no dey lie o make u ppl no forget

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Chibest2000(m): 11:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
dhensity:

lol see another confused person, honour to Mary, Glory to Jesus..smh, where in d bible was Mary said 2 be honoured..in d long run u stil worshiping her...

i knw my bible was explicit about it...about making any image with the likeness of things on heaven nd on earth!!! pls open ur eyes ok
U r rather a confused element, so u dnt know dat mother Mary was been honored in d bible? Sorry 4 u make sure u always read ur bible 2 avoid alike temptations ok? Pls read luck1:28, 4 d greetings of angel Gabriel 2 Mary, luck1:41-42, 4 Elizabeth's greetings 2 Mary, n rev12:1, 4 her coronation!! Anyway am a committed catholic n am in no doubt 99%. Sure of d uniqueness of d catholic doctrines 2 other churches of d world, so going by d awareness n d faith I hv in catholic doctrines its a waste of time joining issues with all dis cacophony posts here, n I know dat no matter wat u do 2 please an enemy he will always remain an enemy, ok 4 example u said dat we r worshiping Mary instead of d HONOR we gave 2 her, r u trying 2 tell me dat our Muslim brothers r right by alleging dat we worship Jesus as our God instead of d praise we give 2 him as d only begotten son of God d most high? Pls a wrd is enough 4 d wise. Gud nyt....

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
No matter how hard I will try to explain things to non-catholic using bible and history, they will never cease to argue. Overtime, I have learnt to keep shut because the more I explain, the more they argue.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Elxandre(m): 11:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mary was choosen through the same grace Paul received that transformed his life on his way to Damascus. Is this what qualifies her graven images being erected everywhere?

How can a dead woman interceede for me? Is she some sort of angel or what? Is she omnipresent to listen to every prayer?
How would you explain the significance of the Rosary?

I asked many questions earlier but chukwudi dodged em' all.

Its a fact, many practices are not biblical, but I understand that you will never agree cos you've had your mind programmed to believe this things for many years!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply)

Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel / Daysman Oyakhilome Breaks Silence On Suspension / Pastor Adeboye: "God Drank Tea With Me". Daddy Freeze Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.