Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,429 members, 7,917,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:24 AM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54908 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by katsim(m): 7:27am On Dec 05, 2013
Yes I believed what he said I want you to tell us where in the bible God said you should ask mary to pray for u and where God said if you die in sin people on earth will be praying for u and u will go to heaven but my bible says once a man dies he will face the judgement of God. Please let us tell our selves the truth. And God said Exodus: 20v4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God so that so call the image of mary please what is it call if you don`t know let me tell you it is an image, why is it that you don't read your bible please study. King james bible so that you can know what you are doing the early the better God bless u
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by switosman(m): 7:34am On Dec 05, 2013
Chris has touched the tail of the tiger in this statement but the fact remains the fact. Catholics know that they are being prepared to purgatory and not heaven. they should not shot down Chris for stating the obvious. catholics regard Mary so high, this the whole world know, but the only place Mary interfared with Jesus in speaking to the People (john 2 vs 5), her words are not obeyed by the very people that look up to her. God will still judge all based on disobedience to the one true instruction given through the mouth one prophet or the other (including mary).
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 05, 2013
Graceojomasule: D origin of catholic comes frm d rome and d pple brought abt illuminatic. To me they ar nt serving God.
yes. it is d truth, this pope and d illuminati control d world. pope and queen elizabeth are king and queen of the highest order of illuminati. they control america, britain, china. the catholic church and illuminati caused world war 1 and 2
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Alphonseverest: 7:53am On Dec 05, 2013
Many nairalanders re now shoutin about dis mad man dat found himself on suit called pastor,hven't he kno wat bible said abt mariage nd divorce.pls stop leastin to dis fools.despite of No. Of churches in Nig.wat is hapening?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 05, 2013
Hail Mary,Full of Grace.Blessed art thou amongst woman and blessed is the fruit of the womb,Jesus. Okotie needs to read the Holy Bible well.I worship Mary and so what?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 05, 2013
Akpobaro: yes. it is d truth, this pope and d illuminati control d world. pope and queen elizabeth are king and queen of the highest order of illuminati. they control america, britain, china. the catholic church and illuminati caused world war 1 and 2
So why Mumu Okotie dey fight against wetin big pass am.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 05, 2013
nolia66: I'm proud 2 b catholic!!!if ure catholic n ure proud of ur faith,hit d like button.
1billion plus Likes. GO AND DIE,okotie.You think the catholic church,over 1billion plus congregation care what you drivel.Stop deluding yourself. I'm in mass,don't disturb.Shh.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 05, 2013
my payne: Pastor Okotie was wrong to say that,he would have said that if they dnt repent,they will go to hell fire.Catholics are just like the shanhedrin in the bible,who claim they are the david. .They are still dependent on a weightless and old fact.(the are the first church,it was found upon the rock.Etc.)bt catholics are the worst people to blive another person that is not a catholic.They dont belive that 1Timothy 4:3 is a warning for their rev fathers.Exdos 2O:4,5. Leviticus 26:1,2 For all catholics.Ignorance,is worst enemy of man.More deadly than death.¤i noticed sumtin abt catholics,an average catholic dnt knw how to pray.Note there is nothing like pugatory.
Well done,Mr KnowhowtoPray.So u think only ur way to pray is the only way.So how are you different from the Islamic fanatics(Boko Haram).You be Boko Haram?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Allem(m): 8:41am On Dec 05, 2013
chrissy3: so honouring mary means you have to go against God's command not to make image of anything in heaven,earth and beneath the sea,you must not bow? Now mary is now 'the way the truth and the life,no one comes to the father except through her? Funny I thought that was suppose to be jesus? Listen jesus christ had to be born as human so he must be born by a human and mary was picked for reasons know to God but the name mary can easily be Martha if someone else was picked .if I ask you catholics why mary was picked you can't say and your saying honouring mary.yes you would give her respect but she has no teaching of the bible and was a vessel for the birth of christ,she is just human nothing more.
yet she was taken body and soul to heaven..... May God have mercy on you and safe your soul.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Izz9111: 8:47am On Dec 05, 2013
If you don't know or you have not heard, It is only one church instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ himself and that church is called the Catholic Church every other church is an off shoot of disobedience. We Catholics, we believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. we believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. we believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by slimauchyahoo: 9:04am On Dec 05, 2013
the race for salvation is an individual one and the church is the body of Christ that helps mold you to be a better person and keep the doctrine of Christ.okotie should know this!!!im very not happy with this article and hope he realizes his mistake on time and pray for mercy.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by emmy4life02(m): 9:04am On Dec 05, 2013
chrissy3: so honouring mary means you have to go against God's command not to make image of anything in heaven,earth and beneath the sea,you must not bow? Now mary is now 'the way the truth and the life,no one comes to the father except through her? Funny I thought that was suppose to be jesus? Listen jesus christ had to be born as human so he must be born by a human and mary was picked for reasons know to God but the name mary can easily be Martha if someone else was picked .if I ask you catholics why mary was picked you can't say and your saying honouring mary.yes you would give her respect but she has no teaching of the bible and was a vessel for the birth of christ,she is just human nothing more.
it only take extraordinary person to give birth to they son of God, marry was chosen out of a million. to him respect or honour is due, let it b giving
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by icankel: 9:10am On Dec 05, 2013
Whether they like it or not Catholic church will dominate till thy kingdom come. I think he is in need of more tithe to marry another wife...
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Davyclass: 9:26am On Dec 05, 2013
Great is Diana of the Ephesians!
Great is Allah of the Muslims!!
Great is Mary of the Catholics!!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by egariyi(f): 9:45am On Dec 05, 2013
clans:
first of all, no catholic bows down to Mary quote me, what we do is call genuflecting the same you do to your obas and you chiefs and even the average elderly Yoruba man or woman you see on the street. as for Mary being the way the truth and the life you said so yourself NO catholic has ever said that, because we are sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God we go through his mother to INTERCEDE for us on our behalf. Mary was specially conceived without original sin you and i was born with, she was specially designed as the vessel to bring the savior into this world, as for the name Mary, you are right it could as well be Martha or even chrissy3, but it wasn't . and if you say she was just a human, y weren't YOU chosen to bring the savior into the world. i beg of you change you ideology about all this things. ignorance is bliss they say but it is stupid when you base your arguments on them.. have a nice day smiley

There are principles that God has set which we must follow. He stated in hte Holy books that we must serve him by faith (even when we have not seen him in person). So why the creation of images reflecting God is used before we know that we are serving God. The bone of contention is the Images of Mary n Jesus found in every Catholic church, homes, bodies etc. The bible clearly states that we must not make any graven images in the likeness of heaven or anything on earth.....
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by tete7000(m): 9:52am On Dec 05, 2013
What do I stand to gain by answering a person whose mind is feeble and unstable? Nothing!!! What is said or not said can't convince such a nonentity. Chris Okotie remark regarding Catholics does not warrant all energy expended in replying him. He is spiritually sick and mentally unstable. His antecedent are there for all to see. No man who knows God or live for God could live as he has lived so far. By theIr fruits, the scripture says you shall know them. He needs everyone sympathy not castigation.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by egariyi(f): 9:54am On Dec 05, 2013
Beezally: nawa hw can u say they are worshiping mary. They are just Honouring her just like how u value ur mother. Mary was a very holy woman even the angel of God praised her when he delivered the message that she will carry the son of God. So stop Judging

If its honouring as you claim, why use her to pray. Most catholics do not read the bible, they do not study but only the sunday sunday pamphlets.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by yeshuahuois: 9:55am On Dec 05, 2013
clans:
first of all, no catholic bows down to Mary quote me, what we do is call genuflecting the same you do to your obas and you chiefs and even the average elderly Yoruba man or woman you see on the street. as for Mary being the way the truth and the life you said so yourself NO catholic has ever said that, because we are sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God we go through his mother to INTERCEDE for us on our behalf. Mary was specially conceived without original sin you and i was born with, she was specially designed as the vessel to bring the savior into this world, as for the name Mary, you are right it could as well be Martha or even chrissy3, but it wasn't . and if you say she was just a human, y weren't YOU chosen to bring the savior into the world. i beg of you change you ideology about all this things. ignorance is bliss they say but it is stupid when you base your arguments on them.. have a nice day smiley

Brethren,as Christians we should not loose our temper over spiritual matters as to insult each other.The essence of disputing spiritual positions in denominations is to help each other grow towards a perfect church.

I say this without reservations,no denomination is without blemish,all have however grown with time.
The catholic church should be commended for its contribution to the faith,although such is not devoid of flaws as in its history,men of greed and selfishness found their way to her corridors of power and perpetrated evils many of which the church is being criticised for today.

Revelation is progressive,a major criticism of the catholic church is her refusal to embrace fresh revelation. God is always teaching is people by his spirit as our existence is being divided into ages and dispensations. Every age and dispendation has its message in the word of truth and we have to be open to receive them. Also erstwhile doctrines taught by men who knew not God but manipulated themselves into offices of spiritual authorities must be corrected as we advance in scriptural truths.

The doctrine of the immaculate conception of mary for eg is not scripturally sound.It was pronounced by pope pius ix in 1854. For mary to have been conceived without sin would mean her father(joachim)was also without sin.By implication they did not originate from Adam which is impossible.Jesus is without sin because the seed came from God,it was a miracle because it never happened to anyone before him,not even mary.

There is a saying in Rome to 'open the windows of the church and let fresh air come in'.It refers to the agitation of a group of cardinals in their pursuit to allow the catholic church embrace fresh revelations of Gods truth.Like I said earlier,no denomination is without flaws but with time God'll lead them all into perfection.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by tete7000(m): 9:58am On Dec 05, 2013
egariyi:

There are principles that God has set which we must follow. He stated in hte Holy books that we must serve him by faith (even when we have not seen him in person). So why the creation of images reflecting God is used before we know that we are serving God. The bone of contention is the Images of Mary n Jesus found in every Catholic church, homes, bodies etc. The bible clearly states that we must not make any graven images in the likeness of heaven or anything on earth.....

What do you have to say about the bronze sepent God commanded Moses to make to save Isrealites bitten by fiery serpents in the wilderness? What about the image of angels on the Ark of convenant, are you aware of it? Do they represent images of things in earth and in heaven?
Why would God who wrote first commandment still commanded the making of these images?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by mrkelvinowaji(m): 10:04am On Dec 05, 2013
Pastor okotie,leave people with their relgeon and what they believe in. Judgement is meant for God alone
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by flakey94: 10:15am On Dec 05, 2013
I dont know why Catholics bother to reply! An attention seeking 2ce failed husband, failed Lawyer,a failed presidential candidate, failed musician, a disillusioned pastor with an inferiority complex is speaking. Nothing good can stand the test of time.......THE CATHOLIC CHURCH has survived thus far!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by egariyi(f): 10:21am On Dec 05, 2013
pascyj: 1billion plus Likes. GO AND DIE,okotie.You think the catholic church,over 1billion plus congregation care what you drivel.Stop deluding yourself. I'm in mass,don't disturb.Shh.

The gates that lead to hell is very wide but the way of the truth is narrow. It may be the biggest church but it does not change the word of God.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Abbamicheal(m): 10:33am On Dec 05, 2013
Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
He's wrong with his preaching.
And what have you done? Though Catholics are not worshiping GOD, they are worshiping Mary..........have you not judged?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by BrightestLight(m): 10:35am On Dec 05, 2013
The Catholic church traces its origins to Christ(along with all their practices).Protestant revolution started about 500 years ago.
The catholic church has been existing for 2000 years.
Is this pastor saying everyone christian before the 1500s are in hell?
IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH CATHOLIC DOCTRINES,HE SHOULD ASK ABOUT IT OR EASILY BROWSE IT.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by profeoo(m): 10:42am On Dec 05, 2013
clans:
did u say Mary was specially conceived without original sin? Uhm,then read your Bible again. All Ï know is that Mary was just like anyone of us,born with inherited sin. But Jesus did not inherit such Adamic sin because Mary had no intercourse before she conceived him. About what Okotie said,it is not my place to judge nor anybody. Only God knows those SERVING HIM.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by BrightestLight(m): 10:46am On Dec 05, 2013
prof e.o.o:
did u say Mary was specially conceived without original sin? Uhm,then read your Bible again. All Ï know is that Mary was just like anyone of us,born with inherited sin. But Jesus did not inherit such Adamic sin because Mary had no intercourse before she conceived him. About what Okotie said,it is not my place to judge nor anybody. Only God knows those SERVING HIM.
If Mary had original sin,Jesus would have been a product of sin.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Ekweruka(m): 10:47am On Dec 05, 2013
Everyone of you should stop insulting his brother. Everyone chooses which church 2 worship and dat shud nt be anoda man's problem. Salvation is personal. Work out ur own salvation. But lets make the Bible our standard. Note. The holy Spirit maketh intercession for us and no other person.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Biafra91(m): 10:50am On Dec 05, 2013
Wislet: "she was specially conceived without the original sin you and I were born with........". Huh??

Puo?

Je ne comprend.

Excusez moi?

she's a human. Only Jesus is born without Original sin.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by BrightestLight(m): 11:03am On Dec 05, 2013
Biafra 91:

Common sense,early christians and church fathers thought and taught otherwise.
Jesus gave the church authority to teach,and not a book.The Holy Book is a product of Holy Church that Christ instituted.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by kambo(m): 11:04am On Dec 05, 2013
clans:

the nonsense u catholics spout.
If mary was without what u call 'original sin' why didnt she die for man? What is original sin? The bible says for "All (including mary) have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (including mary) ".
The bible says Jesus is our ADVOCATE . The bible says we have boldness to approach the throne of Grace (on which the Father sits) because of Jesus . The blood of Jesus and His righteousness speaks on the christians behalf.
The bible says Jesus lives to make INTERCESSION for his children.
So which one is askng Mary to intercede again?
Which bible verse commands such?
And which bible verse says God is in a perpetual state of seething rage that needs to be appeased.
Catholicism cant just shed off its grim paganistic roots.
Catholicism is satanic and a perversion.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by BrightestLight(m): 11:04am On Dec 05, 2013
Biafra 91:

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Emeralddeee: 11:04am On Dec 05, 2013
Just passing by. I don't know what this world is turning into people now put themselves in the place of God to the extent of judging, I find this quite disheartening. Who are we before God We're mere mortals,who knows the mind of God who can give him counsel As a true Christian instead of being engrossed in frivolous arguments I urge each and every one of us to be focused in building his or herself spiritually. I strongly believe Christianity is a personal race, some things still remains a mystery instead of trying to dig out those mysteries walk for your salvation diligently because at the end of the day the Church you attended while you were on earth would not be the criteria for where you belong, rather how you lived your life here on earth. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY NO ONE KNOWS ALL DO THE NEEDFUL AND LEAVE THE REST.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube / Mystery Trees With Arabic Inscription In Ogun Turn Tourist Attraction / Daysman Oyakhilome Breaks Silence On Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.