Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,510 members, 7,888,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:49 AM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54715 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by docadams: 11:17am On Dec 05, 2013
clans:
guy!!!!!!!!!!!! cut us some slacks we are trying to cure your ignorance from the little we know, people like you make me wish I had a better memory on all the teachings I've gone through. my priest should be disappointed.
This is why I like the Jehovah Witnesses. Ask them a question and they will role out a truckload of potions in the bible to explain their position on the issue. No reference to any other source(s), ancient unbiblical history, or church doctrines no matter the appeal in them.
From the beginning till the end it is the bible, the bible, the bible.......... and the bible.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by deprince77: 11:20am On Dec 05, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen of my nation, why all these heat and attacks on ourselves in the name of religion, who will go to hell and who will not? If Catholics in the world today are living out their christian lives; protestants are following suits and every other religion appreciates their follow human being, our world will be a loving place to live.

Everybody in Nigeria claims to has the right teachings, knows, follows Jesus, has great anointing of the Holy Spirit in partnership with the Almighty God. On Sunday, no body stays in the house but to different churches and religious houses. Week days are not left out. We are all committed to one church program or the other.

But wait a minute!! Where do the evils in the land come from Who are the betrayers, cheaters, liers, looters, killers etc that are messing up our dear nation? Are they you and I, or imported from the sky?

Early believers got the name 'CHRISTAINS' not just by following Christ but were living deep the life of Christ which impacted positively in the lives of people then. your life can make a catholic turn deeper lifer vice versa; a killer will start saving lives.

Finally, let us use the little we have learnt from the Holy Bible to change our lives, the life of others and our society at large. How can we claim to love God we have not seen and hate our fellow human being we see everyday, do good to God and do evil to human?? I think, that is the core message of Christ. As for making heaven, it is only God that determines who will be with Him in His kingdom irrespective of political, cultural, religious affiliations. Please those are my take on this issue.

Many blessings to all !!!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Emeralddeee: 11:20am On Dec 05, 2013
kambo:

the nonsense u catholics spout.
If mary was without what u call 'original sin' why didnt she die for man? What is original sin? The bible says for "All (including mary) have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (including mary) ".
The bible says Jesus is our ADVOCATE . The bible says we have boldness to approach the throne of Grace (on which the Father sits) because of Jesus . The blood of Jesus and His righteousness speaks on the christians behalf.
The bible says Jesus lives to make INTERCESSION for his children.
So which one is askng Mary to intercede again?
Which bible verse commands such?
And which bible verse says God is in a perpetual state of seething rage that needs to be appeased.
Catholicism cant just shed off its grim paganistic roots.
Catholicism is satanic and a perversion.
My dear am a Catholic, first and foremost I don't worship Mary neither do I worship images, I know my faith, when I go to church I go with the intent of spiritual growth,whether the Catholic Church is demonic or not is what I would have observed as a result of my vast knowledge in Catholicism. More so, what we practice in church is backed by the Scriptures. This same Catholic Church compiled the bible you use as a reference today, I still advice you to do the needful and stop nosing in other Christian denominations mode of worship we are one in Christ heaven is our goal.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by guiddoti: 11:38am On Dec 05, 2013
There are many practices codely done by the priest that members do not know. There is a practice where people meet priest to confess their sins. Is the priest a mediator? All these are some-what perverted doctrines.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 05, 2013
Kamsy10: does it change the fact that ur pastor Okotie is a he-goat,a bloody lier and has failed as a musician,politician,husband,pastor. Pray for him to repent and give his life to Christ instead of venting his frustration on other churches. Only to be sleeping around. Very soon he'll marry the third wife. Also please advise him to stop claiming that God told him to marry and divorce cos God is not the one speaking to him but his JOYSTICK grin. At d topic, God bless the pope and give him long life. Naija pastors wont do this except T.B Joshua. Sorry I forgot those jets need maintenance. I don't even know between our politicians and jet pastors,who is more greedy cheesy no wonder they never preach to them. Only to pray for the looters and collect their own brown envelope. Insatiable greed. Shame
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by docadams: 11:41am On Dec 05, 2013
Afro connect: Go read about the history of the catholic church.
The roman empire who were idol worshippers and persecuting christians started the catholic church to appease the christians and garner their support after they saw that prosecution tactics were not working.
It was political,to get more people on their side-not anything spiritual about it...If you remember, the same roman leaders joined in killing christ.
The mixing of clay and iron.
There is a lot of truth in that. The same way England formed the Anglican church.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by SalC: 11:43am On Dec 05, 2013
Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and the hour of our death. Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by nora544: 11:56am On Dec 05, 2013
docadams:
The same way England formed the Anglican church.

The roots of the Anglican, or English, Church go back as far as the 2nd century, but the church traces its current structure and status back to the reign of King Henry VIII, who ruled from 1509 to 1547. The events that led to the formation of the state Anglican Church are a curious mix of ecclesiastical, political, and personal rivalries. Henry petitioned Pope Clement VII for a divorce from Catherine of Aragon, but was denied. When Protestant Thomas Cranmer became Archbishop of Canterbury, Henry saw his chance to bypass the Pope's authority and get what he wanted. In 1531, Henry manipulated the English clergy into accepting him as head of the church in England. In 1532, Henry forced the national convocation to agree in The Submission of the Clergy that they would not promulgate any papal bull in England without the king's consent. In 1534, Henry led Parliament to pass a series of laws depriving the Roman Catholic Church of any authority in England. The Act of Supremacy declared the king to be “the supreme head of the church in England,” thus giving Henry the same legal authority over the English church that the Pope exercised over the Roman Catholic Church
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by nnamdizen(m): 12:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
I am beginning to see reasons why there may be need for scrutinizing religious sects in Nigeria. I think its high time a body is set up to screen and register Churches in Nigeria. If every Tom, Dick and Harry is allowed to establish Churches as it pleases them, the name of Christ will continue to be dragged in the mud. Whosoever wish to establish a Church forthwith should be probed for authenticity of intent as well as necessary qualification. Pst. Chris got fed up with wayward living and because every goes in Nigeria, he just scribble some scriptures into his skull and without rethink set up a "Church" for ppl of like minds were divorce and re-marrying which Christ hates so much is the order of the day. All they do in his Church is beauty pageant and worldly music and dance. This same person instead of seeking for God's mercy, has the audacity to condemn another sect instead of burying his head in shame. I wonder what his adherence hope to achieve from their so-called man of god. The man better resign and join nollywood. Thats where he belongs. As for the ppl of the Catholic Church, i urge you all to ignore the pastor and be focused. He is likely an agent of darkness and shouldnt be allowed to spoil ur day.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by ypureR: 12:26pm On Dec 05, 2013
The controversy which Okotie has sparked off this past week attacking catholic faith which he knew nothing about. He should search his conscience - This is simply a man pretending to know things about other faith and using gullible poor people to his coffer. Please don't reply to me. I promise you I will not read it. I have nothing to learn from Okotie or those who believe in the garbage that comes out of him. Don't forget he loves how much money he is making off your continued gullibility and the cheap popularity his always known for. He should be ashamed of himself.
Please DO open your Bibles and read them.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
egariyi:

The gates that lead to hell is very wide but the way of the truth is narrow. It may be the biggest church but it does not change the word of God.
All that glitters is not gold.That your devil pastor okotie can make noise and twist scripture does not make him not of the devil.I repeat The Universal Catholic Church is bigger,better,trusted than ur devil pastor okotie and his backyard church that nothing good has ever come out of.All we hear from ur devil pastor okotie are tales of woe,wives battering and divorce.How else do u want to know that u and ur devil pastor okotie are on the golden glitterring wide way to hell.Use ur brain now,JOIN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
Catholics,rise up.Let's frustrate okotie by giving him a taste of his own medicine.If u hv family members,friends,etc who attend his church,start questioning their belief in a known adulterer,fornicator,liar and devilish okotie. Also let's protect him and his church building.The devilish man might be looking to burn down his church and blame Catholics.Let's pray for God to keep him healthy.But his members must be taken away from his occultic influence.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Emereolevanwill(m): 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
clans: i just don't get the beef with people and Catholics. im a proud catholic and loving it, and i seriously take no offense to whatever pastor Chris says. instead i will take an offense when someone says we aint worshiping God, where did you get such an idea from. but as a peace loving Catholic i am, i would pray for your souls and ask the good God to grant you pardon and pray its not to late for you.. peace be with you... smiley

i pray all catholics go to pogatory
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
If the responses on NL are anything to go by,I CONCLUDE THAT okootie IS FINISHED.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by syndrum(m): 1:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
lets try hard and always seek the truth not only
what our pastor tells us cos they re also not
perfect..some of them are also looking for what
they ll eat like u.read ur Bible very well...lets go
to wea even angel was hailing mary.av u eva
asked y d angel does this. have mistakenly read
where mary said in the Bible saying the whole
world will call her blessed...oh!...even y wud u
sing abraham blessing are mine...look! Catholics
doesn't worship her..dr is somefn abou
interceedn...then u must be a bastard ifu don't
call herblessed...is jesus not ur christ...is she not
his mum...ure saying earthly...av u forgotten it is
done in earth as in heaven...Catholic pray to
jesus! both pentecostals.apostolics.and jehovah
withness all bastardize themselves from catholic
which is their foundation, one true christianhood
to another way....it is not about what we want
but as it was and will be....please, even if we
want tojudge,know the ABC of what u wanna
judge not the PQW...what do u even know abou
communion....mtcheew
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
Emereolevanwill:

i pray all catholics go to pogatory
THank you.God bless you.All I pray for everyday is to achieve the will of God.#IAMACATHOLIC.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by syndrum(m): 1:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
and...thats wea muslims are more sensible dn
some Christians....av u eva seen an islamist
castigating one another? but we Christians
always do...judging each other..trying to see
wrong in right even no catholic will tell u to back
off from what u believe or ur faith,they ll rather
tell u to stick well to ur believe...okotie....laaafshe
wants to turn Christians to marketable
commodity...well the fools we surely fall for him
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by farem: 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
Lady~Jul:
point of correction we dont worship mary, we only worship the one and only Almighty GOD, so stop sayin wat u dnt knw
[color=#990000][/color]
TELL THAT TO THE MARINES AND STARK BLINDS!
I HAVE SEEN MANY CATHOLICS WHO DON'T MIND TO GO INSIDE THEIR CHURCH AS LONG AS THEIR "QUEEN OF HEAVEN" IMAGE IS AVAILABLE OUTSIDE TO PRAY TO AND WORSHIP. GO TO ANY CATHOLIC PARISH FROM VATICAN TO BIU IT IS A COMMON SIGHT, EXCEPT FOR THE BLIND. CHECK THIS OUT
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Russian_Orthodox/image_worship8.jpg
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Russian_Orthodox/narod_hram.jpg
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Russian_Orthodox/Trojerucicom.jpg
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
The same bible-thumping people who have pray like this:God,let the blessings of -(insert their pastors name here)be mine,are now telling us "don't mention Mary".The Catholic Church is too organized and millenia ahead of such backwardness.Infact don't ever try compare your backwardness to us.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by AmucheJane(f): 1:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
I don't have time to argue with anybody about my church. If you don't like my church u should go and hug a transformer. Na bad belle dey worry somepeople. How many things catholic don preach about other churches, na una go tire. If una like make una dey talk, we no send person, mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeew. Abeg make I hear word joor.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
farem: [color=#990000][/color]
TELL THAT TO THE MARINES AND STARK BLINDS!
I HAVE SEEN MANY CATHOLICS WHO DON'T MIND TO GO INSIDE THEIR CHURCH AS LONG AS THEIR "QUEEN OF HEAVEN" IMAGE IS AVAILABLE OUTSIDE TO PRAY TO AND WORSHIP. GO TO ANY CATHOLIC PARISH FROM VATICAN TO BIU IT IS A COMMON SIGHT, EXCEPT FOR THE BLIND.
You can GO AND DIE!I worship Mary.So? You,you worship okotie.Which is better? Your foolishness has a cure.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thank you,My Holy Mother Virgin Mary.Other christians should start honouring Holy Virgin Mary,The Mother of God.#IAMACATHOLIC.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by cuteboy2: 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
clans:
mister you just judged too. i rather u keep quiet than say things u aint sure off. biko!!! its called HONORING Mary not Worshipping

"HONORING" indeed. Honoring to the point of building shrines for with her image in every catholic church building and in every catholic home. That one is pure worship.

In any case, do you honor Joseph, Mary's husband and even Jesus himself in the same way? undecided
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
Elxandre:
You kneel? That is just another posture of worship!

The thing with catholics is that thay defend their mode of worship with just what they have been told, not what they understand or observe.

"Thou shalt not bow down to graven images" but you guys do. You have statues of saints over everywhere.
All christians can only worship God through the spirit, not with any object or images. Only occults do such, because christianity has no business with symbolism.

What is the significance of the rosary? Where did paul or peter ever whipped out his rosary to pray?

Granted you honour mary, where was it mentioned in the bible that an Image of any saint (including mary) was erected?

If this was the right path, do you think a statue of Mary wouldn't have been erected in Jerusalem/antioch back then?
And lastly why insult mary with an image which doesn't even bear any resemblance with her?

I understand you were raised catholic, and may never be able to expunge unbiblical practices instilled in you from childhood from your mind, but the truth wont change!

I'm not judging but they are just my observations!
And you keep worshipping your fake pastor okonta
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by farem: 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
pascyj: You can GO AND DIE!I worship Mary.So? You,you worship okotie.Which is better? Your foolishness has a cure.
[color=#990000][/color]

All have sinned (including Mary, Okotie, Adeboye, Abraham, Isaac Jacob, Adam, You ..... Myself!
- Bible (the Greatest authority in Heavens and Earth). Puncture this Truth, and you puncture your space in Heaven!
On Praying to/Worshipping Mary

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God..."

(Exodus 20:4-5)

We are forbidden from praying or even bowing to any type of image or statue. The Catholic religion centers around breaking God's commands, especially the 2nd commandment not to bow to an image (Mother Mary). It is a sin to bow to an image of Mary, whether you pray to her or not.

Notice that the Bible forbids us to even "bow" to a graven image. All of the Catholic people who keep defending themselves by saying that they don't really pray to Mary need to read the Bible better. It's an abomination unto God for anyone to even BOW before a statue or painting and pray. We are not to bow to ANY image. If you bow down in front of a statue of Mary, you are committing wickedness. It is as simple as that!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Yettyshowguy(f): 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
i am CATHOLIC and a CATHOLIC i will remain.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Goldienana(f): 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
Bia dis animal Okotie or okote na ur gentiles go hell fire. So dis my lovely Family dat is Catholic sholud go to hell fire? Chai! Dis. Man is hrtlx wicked and ala ga gbagbu gi DEVIL
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by deprince0(m): 1:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
Annaka: y do u haf pics of ur luvd ones ,y do u ask ur pastors 2 pray 4 u?tink!!
The pix of my loved ones are for monuments sake. Those pics were never preserved for the reason rendering prayers. It has nothing to do with my spiritual life. Bible said that he that is sick should gather the elders of the church. God deliberately buried moses out of sight to avoid israel exhuming moses and then render worships to him. God is a jealous and can never share his glory with any one including mary. I want to state emphatically here that God is the king of heavens and has no queen. Where did dis queen of heaven come from? I am the Lord, there is no other except me. My dear, I will advise u to read the scripture." Hail Mary pray for us sinners from now till the end of our life" is prayer of entanglement. A prayer of unrepentance. This prayer implies that u don't wanna repent, therefore mary should keep praying for u until u die. Have u not heard that there is no repentance in the grave. If u die without Jesus. U r going to hell and mary will bluntly deny u because she didn't in any way or any where asked u to worship her or to pray through her. God only is to be prayed to and to be worshiped. Let's leave the tradition of men and follow the tradition of the scripture. Christian means christ followers. Christianity is practice of following christ. Did christ pray through mary? Did christ honour mary? Did christ carve the image of his father and then bow before the image in prayers? Did christ pray using chaplet? Did christ preach about immaculate heart? Paul said that we should be followers of christ. My dear repent before it is too late because it is once appointed unto a man to die and next is judgement. Read ur bible and understand it. God who is full of grace will reveal more to u.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by sunnyprof: 1:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy what baffles me in this argument is that no one even quoted one verse of the Bible to buttress his or her point here!!!

What does the Bible say? Abi all this Catholic people no dey read the Bible sef? Even the okotie group no even know which Bible passage to use?

I wonder ooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by sunnyprof: 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
What does the Bible say about:

1) Honouring Mary (not bowing abi)

2) purgatory

3) Rosary

4) Hell fire

5) qualification for entering heaven

6) Pope

7) Rituals

cool Jesus Christ

9) Worship

Communicate, this is the way to argue. Not just sentimental utterances or vexation concortrantes
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by farem: 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
“It's better to have no religion than the wrong religion.” —Dr. Jack Hyles

Religion wants to fit us with glasses; but the Lord wants to open our eyes.

"Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols" —Psalm 97:7

1st Timothy 4:1-3, “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.”

Romans 10:3-4, “For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.”

http://www.lovethetruth.com/jis_images/catholic_idolatry_1001.jpg

LORD JESUS HAVE MERCY!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by babatgtr: 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
dhensity:

lol see another confused person, honour to Mary, Glory to Jesus..smh, where in d bible was Mary said 2 be honoured..in d long run u stil worshiping her...

i knw my bible was explicit about it...about making any image with the likeness of things on heaven nd on earth!!! pls open ur eyes ok
. Bro, glory nd honor belongs to God, God chose mary cos she kept herself Holy, nd nt bcus she's a special being, Dnt 4get is nt only Jesus dat mary gav birth too.bible says My glory will I nt share wif any body

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply)

Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel / Daysman Oyakhilome Breaks Silence On Suspension / Pastor Adeboye: "God Drank Tea With Me". Daddy Freeze Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.