Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,322 members, 7,888,015 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:37 PM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54709 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by 735i(m): 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
This silly debate is up again? If someone chooses to bow to an image or to worship something else...how is it someone else's business? I see people opening their sewers to spew shit about something they obviously know nothing about.
Catholics will go to hell?
Like seriously? phew undecided
Leave that to God who created them to worry about. It's not for you (a "sinner" who is not yet sure of making heaven) to worry about. Save yourself first!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
lawsbanks:
Gosh you act like you know all things and you know nothing! Haba....catholic church started from Peter(which means rock) in the Bible through Jesus when jesus told him upon this rock I will build my church, not just from Rome. I spent 6 yrs in a catholic minor seminary though I'm no longer in the setting but I can tell they don't worship mary... And where did u get ur "illuminati" news.you need to state ur source not just blab over nothing

Really? Peter started the catholic church? Why do this catholic zealots spread the myths of their church? Ok if so, can u give us any non catholic back up of Peter founding the Catholic church? Atleast we have many sources confirming James the Brother of the Lord with the Christian Copts of Egypt!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by jdilight(m): 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
gratieao:
Have you ever asked a friend for a favor? Or have you ever said to someone “Please pray for me?” Mary and the Saints are our friends in Heaven (unless you don’t believe that they are truly alive in Heaven). As such, they see God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – face to face. Who better to pray for us and present our prayers to Jesus “in person?” Mary and the Saints “do” nothing of themselves; they all point to Jesus. Remember what Mary told the servants at the wedding feast at Cana: “Do whatever He [Jesus] tells you.” Open your mind to the fullness and richness of His ENTIRE family, and the wonderful ways we can love and help each other!

are u saying mary and the saints are more compassionate than the father who.gave his son without our asking.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by jdilight(m): 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
gratieao:
Have you ever asked a friend for a favor? Or have you ever said to someone “Please pray for me?” Mary and the Saints are our friends in Heaven (unless you don’t believe that they are truly alive in Heaven). As such, they see God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – face to face. Who better to pray for us and present our prayers to Jesus “in person?” Mary and the Saints “do” nothing of themselves; they all point to Jesus. Remember what Mary told the servants at the wedding feast at Cana: “Do whatever He [Jesus] tells you.” Open your mind to the fullness and richness of His ENTIRE family, and the wonderful ways we can love and help each other!

are u saying mary and the saints are more compassionate than the father who.gave his son without our asking.
we are not even supposed to pray to jesus nt to talk of to angels, mary or the saints.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
Baby mama:

You have answered well
The bible says he that thinks he stands should take heed
Imagine a pastor that is using women to play ludo telling Catholics they are hell bound
Lord have mercy
He would go and read up on the qualities of a Bishop from the Bible
Husband of one wife,a man who can a manage his household
He doesn't qualify to be one
And has no moral standing to advice anyone on any topic
In your attempt to stand righteous, you are found falling like the dust of the field. If I told you about the Catholic Priests who married more than one wife in scotland, hope you would still hold on to your point of Okotie?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
mary died but was assumed into heaven, so shes not in that league and we only honour mary and seek the intercession of just not any dead but saints

Who was there wen Mary was "assumed" into heaven? Probably its an assumed assumption truly!

Or can u show it to us in the Bible??
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
735 i:
This silly debate is up again? If someone chooses to bow to an image or to worship something else...how is it someone else's business? I see people opening their sewers to spew shit about something they obviously know nothing about.
Catholics will go to hell?
Like seriously? phew undecided
Leave that to God who created them to worry about. It's not for you (a "sinner" who is not yet sure of making heaven) to worry about. Save yourself first!
In this matter, you do not HAVE a choice! God has vowed, those who would call Him their FATHER shall bow to him ONLY in worship! If Apostle Peter in all of His prayers did not bow nor pray to Mary, then you must be practicing idolatry.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Y is Mary praying for u? don't u have ur own mouth to pray? Or is Jesus not hearing ur voice anymore? And what's Mary prayin for u on?
y does ur pastor pray 4 u, don't u hv mouth to pray 4 urself?

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Rexyl(m): 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Jesus did not 'establish' any church. Jesus is the church in bodily form! What a folly to think human linage suffice for God's adoption? Show us in the bible where Jesus said He has given the church power to forgive sins! Please give us the biblical reference for us all to study and learn from.

It comes across perhaps you do not even know what the word 'Christian' and 'Christianity' means! Antioch was the place where those who 'follow' Jesus ( in their manner of worship and servitude) were first called 'Christians'. So by your logic, they from Antioch hold the complete form of Christianity? How did Catholicism come to fore as the original and most complete form of Christianity?

Christ‘s disciples are collectively his Church. He chose the first disciples and started church thru them. How could you say he did not build Church? So your knowledge about the founder of Church is wrong.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Agbaka1: 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Am amazed wen ppl quote dis verses claimin "thou shalt not judge"....do u even know what dat verse means? Simply d verse is saying "do not judge by ur own created standards" else how can u then bind and loose on earth? doesn't dis involve judgement? Wat Chris Okotie (am not in support of his ministry though) has said plainly is dat Catholics are Idolaters and Idolaters will go to hell....do u disagree wit Idolaters goin to hell? Who judge Idolaters and condemned dem goin to hell? Is it Okotie or the Bible (Word of God)? Again what dis man is doin is pronouncin an already laid down judgement! He isn't creatin a new one here! U ppl shld learn to interact with wat ppl say! The only debatable issue is if Catholics are Idolaters or not! Of which I'd say they are Idolaters!

GBAM GBAM GBAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!
7 billlons likessssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!
all ur enemies must die now!!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by phatasschick(f): 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
b4 u all start ranting and saying wat u dnt knw, y dnt u open ur bible and go to d book of revelation chapter 12 read frm verse 1 to d last verse bfore u mk a comment. der you will read abt how important mary is to God and to humans.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by coolslim: 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
jdilight:

sorry mary holds no intercessory office in heaven. Jesus himself said,"ask the father anything in my name". so y go through mary. is the father wicked or what. Why can't we go to the father direct as he said we should. l want to know y we need a mediator?
Jesus did not perform the first mirracle at mery's request.Remember jesus asked'Woman,what busines do i have with'
men has only being tool for accomplishing Gods will so was mery.I wonder why Abraham like mery.can we say she is more faithful.Abrahams faith in our creator is hardly comparable.why not ask him to rather intercede for us for sure without him their won't be a mery.he is the root.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by BMZK: 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
Wislet: "she was specially conceived without the original sin you and I were born with........". Huh??

Puo?

Je ne comprend.

Excusez moi?
« la religion est l’opium du peuple » according to my Oga at the top Karl Marx
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
Criticism of religions.. That's the major killings factor in Nigeria... He said that to see what Catholics will do. And he might just get it. A Pastor with the aim of ruling a country. SUCH A HUMBLE MAN .. S.M.H!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by coolslim: 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
jdilight:

sorry mary holds no intercessory office in heaven. Jesus himself said,"ask the father anything in my name". so y go through mary. is the father wicked or what. Why can't we go to the father direct as he said we should. l want to know y we need a mediator?
Jesus did not perform the first mirracle at mery's request.Remember jesus asked'Woman,what busines do i have with'
men has only being tool for accomplishing Gods will so was mary.I wonder why Abraham like mary.can we say she is more faithful.Abrahams faith in our creator is hardly comparable.why not ask him to rather intercede for us for sure without him their won't be a mary.he is the root.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
ChickRockz: If I remember correctly..my CRK classes and my Waec Syllabus and My Bible expressly mentioned that James and John were the Sons Of Zebedee..I wonder when Jesus became their brother..hmmm maybe he was adopted..You must be really dense cuz I explicitly mentioned that Jewish criteria for siblings extends to even your cousins..those brothers and sisters were probably his cousins..bros cha kwa anya o

Now am dense? Why is it dat the narrator of the gospel used the word "unknown disciple"? Since it knows all d 12 Disciples by names? Or is it that there are more dan 12 of dem and the rest ddnt publicly follow Jesus everywea? Again, how do we know dis criteria of urs is applicable to what u claim? As a matter of fact it doesn't apply only to Jewish customs! But again how is the writer supposed to put it, if he were to meant that they were Jesus' siblings?!

Oh mighty foolish dense one!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by gratieao: 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Simple question! Show us Biblical proof that Mary was asked to pray for the Apostles or anyone at all? Either while she was alive or slept in the Lord! And was Mary Sinless? If No, then did she also needed Christ Salvation?
As for remembering Mary, there is nothing in Scripture that prevents it. Indeed, the Gospel of Luke gives us a prophecy that many would open up to Mary. Luke 2:34-35: “…Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, “Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also),
that thoughts out of many hearts may be revealed.”
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Zither(m): 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
in what way is it askew, please make it straight for me. cos we say this intercessory prayer " o Mary conceived without original sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee"
How can Mary have been conceived without original sin when she was a mere human like you and I? Are you implying she was born perfect like Jesus? What gave you the impression Mary was 'designed' differently from others so that the sentence, "ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God" does not apply to her? She was just a mere vessel God chose to bring His Son into the world. That was her purpose on earth. Besides that, there was nothing, I repeat, nothing supernatural or divine about Mary. She was flesh and blood and was guilty of sin like others. She was among those whom Christ came to die for their sins. God is no respecter of persons. If Mary did not accept Christ as her personal Lord and saviour she would be languishing in hell. Please do away with the notion that she was conceived without 'original sin'. The Psalmist said, "behold I was shapen in iniquity and in sin did my mother conceive me
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Toktee(m): 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
Baby mama:

You have answered well
The bible says he that thinks he stands should take heed
Imagine a pastor that is using women to play ludo telling Catholics they are hell bound
Lord have mercy
He would go and read up on the qualities of a Bishop from the Bible
Husband of one wife,a man who can a manage his household
He doesn't qualify to be one
And has no moral standing to advice anyone on any topic
Dnt mind the messenger,mind the message ok,and remember,pastors and prophets are like a sign post,follow the sign post u will surely get where u are going but u will nt see the sign post there.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rexyl:

Christ‘s disciples are collectively his Church. He chose the first disciples and started church thru them. How could you say he did not build Church? So your knowledge about the founder of Church is wrong.

Pay attention to these verses, especially the ones in bold.

Ephasians 1: 10-23

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
phatasschick: b4 u all start ranting and saying wat u dnt knw, y dnt u open ur bible and go to d book of revelation chapter 12 read frm verse 1 to d last verse bfore u mk a comment. der you will read abt how important mary is to God and to humans.

Wow!!! This is ridiculous! a learner tryin hard to read Mary into revelations verse 12!

If u say the passage is about Mary, den answer the following

1.What are the 12 stars on her head?
2. What's d significance of the 3.5yrs?
3.What's d flood?

Again dnt be ignorant dear! The woman in that verse isn't Mary but Israel herself!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by amakenny: 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
He's wrong with his preaching.
Your stance that Catholics worship Mary is like a stance of a nit wit, a dullard, an atheist. It is the most dumb. Catholics worship God Almighty. They pray to Mary and other Angels and Saints to also help in highlighting their prayers before God. Objects like the Cross or statues of Mary and others serve as remembrances, the same manner you keep your late relations photos or status vissible for remembrance purposes,
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
phatasschick: b4 u all start ranting and saying wat u dnt knw, y dnt u open ur bible and go to d book of revelation chapter 12 read frm verse 1 to d last verse bfore u mk a comment. der you will read abt how important mary is to God and to humans.
FYI, the woman in the book of Revelation 12 has nothing to do with Mary, John was writing in prophetic language, and the woman in the was an allegory for which we know it JERUSALEM, which is Isreal symbolically.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Ericsdm55(m): 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
first of all, no catholic bows down to Mary quote me, what we do is call genuflecting the same you do to your obas and you chiefs and even the average elderly Yoruba man or woman you see on the street. as for Mary being the way the truth and the life you said so yourself NO catholic has ever said that, because we are sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God we go through his mother to INTERCEDE for us on our behalf. Mary was specially conceived without original sin you and i was born with, she was specially designed as the vessel to bring the savior into this world, as for the name Mary, you are right it could as well be Martha or even chrissy3, but it wasn't . and if you say she was just a human, y weren't YOU chosen to bring the savior into the world. i beg of you change you ideology about all this things. ignorance is bliss they say but it is stupid when you base your arguments on them.. have a nice day smiley
Please can you tell me how the blessed Mary was conceived without the original sin as you pointed out? Or were you mistaken her for Christ?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Toktee(m): 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
Zither: How can Mary have been conceived without original sin when she was a mere human like you and I? Are you implying she was born perfect like Jesus? What gave you the impression Mary was 'designed' differently from others so that the sentence, "ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God" does not apply to her? She was just a mere vessel God chose to bring His Son into the world. That was her purpose on earth. Besides that, there was nothing, I repeat, nothing supernatural or divine about Mary. She was flesh and blood and was guilty of sin like others. She was among those whom Christ came to die for their sins. God is no respecter of persons. If Mary did not accept Christ as her personal Lord and saviour she would be languishing in hell. Please do away with the notion that she was conceived without 'original sin'. The Psalmist said, "behold I was shapen in iniquity and in sin did my mother conceive me
Thank you bro.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by MrsAwesome: 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
It's always Mary this..Mary that...I pity that woman..If you call my mother like that am gonna whoop you to hell..Height of disrespect. You love Jesus but to hell with his mother...
Hate organised religions..full of confusions.
Christianity with its confusions within while Buddhism is adjudge the most peaceful on earth.
Mary, sorry for the disrespect of your sons and daughters..don't seize praying and interceding for them.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
In your attempt to stand righteous, you are found falling like the dust of the field. If I told you about the Catholic Priests who married more than one wife in scotland, hope you would still hold on to your point of Okotie?

So what is the difference between that priest and Okotie?
Who is claiming holier than thou here Okotie,myself or the catholic priest?
Let him remove the timber in his eyes before he can see the speck in father Hyginus Ukachikwu nwachukwu's eye
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 8:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
clefstone: y does ur pastor pray 4 u, don't u hv mouth to pray 4 urself?

If my Pastor is praying for me (if he did at all) den it isn't for me to make heaven, but a prayer for my living on earth, probably being sick! But at d hour of death? Only Faith in Christ can save! Not even a Mary can do anythin to save u, she herself needs Jesus saving her!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by jdilight(m): 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
coolslim:
men has only being tool for accomplishing Gods will so was mery.I wonder why Abraham like mery.can we say she is more faithful.Abrahams faith in our creator is hardly comparable.why not ask him to rather intercede for us for sure without him their won't be a mery.he is the root.

where did the bible ask you to pray to jesus. we pray to God our father through jesus.

where do Mary come in the picture.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by callydon(m): 8:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
chrissy3: so honouring mary means you have to go against God's command not to make image of anything in heaven,earth and beneath the sea,you must not bow? Now mary is now 'the way the truth and the life,no one comes to the father except through her? Funny I thought that was suppose to be jesus? Listen jesus christ had to be born as human so he must be born by a human and mary was picked for reasons know to God but the name mary can easily be Martha if someone else was picked .if I ask you catholics why mary was picked you can't say and your saying honouring mary.yes you would give her respect but she has no teaching of the bible and was a vessel for the birth of christ,she is just human nothing more.
... and if her name had been Martha, she wud still have d honour she deserves. Wud u NOT still worship Jesus if his name was maybe Peter
And abt images,Read ur bible n tell me what d "CHERUBIM AND SERAPHIM" mentioned in d old testament doing in d temple of God even after He(God) had given them d commandment u mentioned above...
@all other catholic haters, pls try n be sure of something b4 saying it.
@all. Rem,d tongue is one of d smallest organs in d body bt DEFINITELY d most dangerous.
PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by ijeomadennis: 8:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
lari03: Bowing down to perform the 14 stations of the cross and the rosary chants of Hail Mary, what does that amount to?
I don't know y we christian like criticizing our selves , u can neva c muslims doing dis rubish yes I call it rubish, am not a catholic but we dat attend church dat we make heaven, are we sure of heaven? pls is tym to come togeda as 1 (we christians) muslims can go to any mosque and worship but we christians can neva do dat. christians let's stop dis and pray for us to make Heaven ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by simpleseyi: 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
You are all confusing non-Christians. Our God is not a god of confusion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman On His Way To DSS Headquarters In Abuja (Photos) / Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel / Daysman Oyakhilome Breaks Silence On Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.