Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3851240 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) ... (3871) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:31pm On Sep 08, 2019
Solomon Kane...7/10
Genre: Action, Adventure, Crime

Asides its simple plot, the acting, effects & directing were soild, the characters portrayed by the actors were very much believable & i so much fancied the flick for this.
Like i aforesaid earlier, the plot was basically simple & predictable. A story of a ruthless mercenary seeking redemption for his lost soul . If you fancied flicks like; Van Helsing, Constantine, Season of the Witch , you'd definitely love this one cause it follows similar premise of the aforementioned.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:32pm On Sep 08, 2019
Justice League Dark...7.5/10
Genre: Animation, Action, Fantasy

And once again, DC animation doesn't disappoint a bit. The animation was quite solid, so was the voice act. Matt Ryan's voice act reprisal of Constantine was absolutely perfect. After seeing LOT season 3, IMO I think he's a better Constantine than Keanu Reeves. He sells the character more to me than Reeves.
The storyline was very good, fighting scenes were amazing, the flick also never lacked humor & emotion. If only DC could make their movies like this, the sky wouldn't just be their limit but their stepping stone.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2019
losprince:

It's also every persons civil obligation to be honest and factual, and as much as this person supposedly has the right to identify as anything they like regardless of biological and circumstantial evidence pointing to the obvious, it's also the right of everyone else to not be opposed for calling a spade a spade. A woman does not become a man simply by wishing it. People like this are just struggling with reality.

Oh, if only things were this simple.

Your problem is you look at things in terms of black and white, right and wrong. In my experience, things are often shades of grey. Your right might be some else's left. Your own interpretation of moral principles, a bigotry to another. Your concept of honesty, a dishonesty to someone else. I can go on and on...

If you don't respect transgender's names and pronouns, then they are under no obligation to respect yours. It goes both ways. A person is the owner of their own body, the ultimate decision maker of their lives. Who are you to say otherwise?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Life of Brian

Very funny.
See how Jesus japa grin

Let me go and watch Borat.
The hype too much for here.

For more of Monty Python, see

- The Holy Grail and The Meaning of Life.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Life of Brian

Very funny.
See how Jesus japa grin

Let me go and watch Borat.
The hype too much for here.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Oh, if only things were this simple.

Your problem is you look at things in terms of black and white, right and wrong. In my experience, things are often shades of grey. Your right might be some else's left. Your own interpretation of moral principles, a bigotry to another. Your concept of honesty, a dishonesty to someone else. I can go on and on...

If you don't respect transgender's names and pronouns, then they are under no obligation to respect yours. It goes both ways. A person is the owner of their own body, the ultimate decision maker of their lives. Who are you to say otherwise?
Insisting that people should ignore facts and take a position based on how you feel is abuse. It's an irrational request and should be treated with negligence, and some things in life are really simple and can be seen from a lens of black and white, there really is absolute right and absolute wrong.

Now I agree with your final point - a person is the owner of their own body, the ultimate decision maker of their lives, but that doesn't grant them imuninty from scrutiny and criticism when they make stupid decisions otherwise a suicide bomber can be justified in the sense that they blow up their own body, it's their body, they made that decision to blow it up themselves or that an obesed person should not be advised to loose weight and lead a healthy lifestyle. Tell me, since you are so morally neutral, why is it okay to convict an adult who engaged in sexual conduct with a minor of rape regardless of whether the said minor gave their consent? What's wrong is wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 08, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Sin City, Starred Up, Prisoners, 16 Blocks.
I've watched Sin city, will check out the rest. Thank you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2019
I am talking about the guy that offered to help a prisoner (biblical Jesus) carry his cross. grin

losprince:

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2019
alexistaiwo:
I am talking about the guy that offered to help a prisoner (biblical Jesus) carry his cross. grin

Hahahahah that sucker got what he deserved cheesy I didn't even think that was a reference to the biblical Jesus... Good point. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by seankafor(m): 9:31pm On Sep 08, 2019
losprince:

I[s]nsisting that people should ignore facts and take a position based on how you feel is abuse. It's an irrational request and should be treated with negligence, and some things in life are really simple and can be seen from a lens of black and white, there really is absolute right and absolute wrong.

Now I agree with your final point - a person is the owner of their own body, the ultimate decision maker of their lives, but that doesn't grant them imuninty from scrutiny and criticism when they make stupid decisions otherwise a suicide bomber can be justified in the sense that they blow up their own body, it's their body, they made that decision to blow it up themselves or that an obesed person should not be advised to loose weight and lead a healthy lifestyle. Tell me, since you are so morally neutral, why is it okay to convict an adult who engaged in sexual conduct with a minor of rape regardless of whether the said minor gave their consent? What's wrong is wrong[/s].
[s][/s]
Go and make money angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2019
Mathew 27:32....

As they were going out, they met a man from Cyrene, named Simon, and they forced him to carry the cross

You should read your Bible more grin

losprince:

Hahahahah that sucker got what he deserved cheesy I didn't even think that was a reference to the biblical Jesus... Good point. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 08, 2019
losprince:

Insisting that people should ignore facts and take a position based on how you feel is abuse. It's an irrational request and should be treated with negligence, and some things in life are really simple and can be seen from a lens of black and white, there really is absolute right and absolute wrong.
Do you know that loads of trangenders are born with birth defects? Some trans with these birth defects identify as neither male nor female and would rather people qualify them with a "they" pronoun, a non-binary term. Their dual genitalia_ make it very hard for them to identify with a single gender. Now, if you were to visually examine them with a black and white colored lenses, you will undoubtedly call them a freak. Perhaps, suggest that they pick a gender? I wouldn't advice that.

It's well within their rights to make a decision that will define who they will be for the rest of their lives. It's not up to you to make that decision for them, just like it's not up to them to decide your gender for you. It's ignorance to think transgenders are mentally ill. They are not. It's a Fact. Refusing to acknowledge people of what/who they is a form of bigotry, plain and simple. We can throw negligent and abusive in there too while we're at it.

losprince:

Now I agree with your final point - a person is the owner of their own body, the ultimate decision maker of their lives, but that doesn't grant them imuninty from scrutiny and criticism when they make stupid decisions otherwise a suicide bomber can be justified in the sense that they blow up their own body, it's their body, they made that decision to blow it up themselves or that an obesed person should not be advised to loose weight and lead a healthy lifestyle. Tell me, since you are so morally neutral, why is it okay to convict an adult who engaged in sexual conduct with a minor of rape regardless of whether the said minor gave their consent? What's wrong is wrong.

I'm not morally neutral, far from it. I was trying to get you to see the bigger picture. Things are not always laid out for us in plain sight. Sometimes, it's essential to squint to see beyond the horizon. We're governed by our own concept of right and wrong, of which, we call ethics and moral compass. Some people have them, some people don't, some have faulty/broken compass. More importantly, everyone's ethics/moral compass is different from another. Since ideologies will never align, laws are created to punish the offshoots of broken moral compass/ethics, and maintain balance between differing ideologues.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Mathew 27:32....

As they were going out, they met a man from Cyrene, named Simon, and they forced him to carry the cross

You should read your Bible more grin

I know about the crucifixion of Christ very well, I just didn't realize that that particular scene was referencing it, but now it seems so, it's so frickin funny. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 10:50pm On Sep 08, 2019
seankafor:

Go and make money angry
If you can't engage someone intellectually the best thing to do is abstain from embarrassing yourself, that way you don't appear as someone whose skull is filled with helium.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 11:06pm On Sep 08, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Do you know that loads of trangenders are born with birth defects? Some trans with these birth defects identify as neither male nor female and would rather people qualify them with a "they" pronoun, a non-binary term. Their dual genitalia_ makes it very hard for them to identify with a single gender. Now, if you were to visually examine them with a black and white colored lenses, you will undoubtedly call them a freak. Perhaps, suggest that they pick a gender? I wouldn't advice that.

It's well within their rights to make a decision that will define who they will be for the rest of their lives. It's not up to you to make that decision for them, just like it's not up to them to decide your gender for you. It's ignorance to think transgenders are mentally ill. They are not. It's a Fact. Refusing to acknowledge people of what/who they is a form of bigotry, plain and simple. We can throw negligent and abusive in there too while we're at it.

I'm not morally neutral, far from it. I was trying to get you to see the bigger picture. Things are not always laid out for us in plain sight. Sometimes, it's essential to squint to see beyond the horizon. We're governed by our own concept of right and wrong, of which, we call ethics and moral compass. Some people have them, some people don't, some have faulty/broken compass. More importantly, everyone's ethics/moral compass is different from another. Since ideologies will never align, laws are created to punish the offshoots of broken moral compass/ethics, and maintain balance between differing ideologues.

People born with both male and female Instruments are called hermaphrodites, it's a birth defect and it's different from a person without this defect who is biologically a male or a female but claims to be otherwise. Now if a person born with this defect is confused as to what gender they are, a simple scientific experiment will solve that dilemma for them.

Nobody should be allowed the luxury of making claims without facts to back them up, that is pandering to the side of Idiocracy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
The way I jump KoiceReloaded argumentative posts ehnnnn.

Olympic long jump gold medalists got nothing on me.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2019
losprince:

People born with both male and female Instruments are called hermaphrodites, it's a birth defect and it's different from a person without this defect who is biologically a male or a female but claims to be otherwise. Now if a person born with this defect is confused as to what gender they are, a simple scientific experiment will solve that dilemma for them.

Nobody should be allowed the luxury of making claims without facts to back them up, that is pandering to the side of Idiocracy.
They are called intersex now (Hermaphrodite is derogatory). They are all part of LGBTQI community.

Anyhoo, let's agree to disagree. My liberal outlook to life in general will never align with the mentality of most Nigerians.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2019
alexistaiwo:

Go to bed, old man. Octogenarians need their sleep.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:35pm On Sep 08, 2019
mekaprime:
Solomon Kane...7/10
Genre: Action, Adventure, Crime

Asides its simple plot, the acting, effects & directing were soild, the characters portrayed by the actors were very much believable & i so much fancied the flick for this.
Like i aforesaid earlier, the plot was basically simple & predictable. A story of a ruthless mercenary seeking redemption for his lost soul . If you fancied flicks like; Van Helsing, Constantine, Season of the Witch , you'd definitely love this one cause it follows similar premise of the aforementioned.
"there is no devil here, I am the devil here". - Solomon Kane.

That part in the movie made me smirk.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 12:08am On Sep 09, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

They are called intersex now (Hermaphrodite is derogatory). They are all part of LGBTQI community.

Anyhoo, let's agree to disagree. My liberal outlook to life in general will never align with the mentality of most Nigerians.
Of course they have coined a nice name for themselves, now the rest of us get to be speech policed.

Sure, we could drag on this argument and none of us would come out with an updated view, so let's die it (as da Norsemen would say cheesy ). Tho I would like to add that my opinion on the matter doesn't sterm from having a Nigerian mentality (whatever that is), I like to reason and apply logic to things, if something doesn't make sense then it shouldn't be accepted into society no matter how bad it makes people feel- facts don't care about feelings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 3:13am On Sep 09, 2019
alexistaiwo:

Typical Nigerian mentality; "you are speaking too much English".

People like you hardly learn anything new.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 4:00am On Sep 09, 2019
Unfortunately, I cannot agree with all of koicereloaded's argument on transgenders.

Trans people have the right to do anything with their bodies. However, they have no right for anyone to demand certain words from people.

While it is the respectful thing to address people by their preferred pronouns, transgender people cannot expect it to be readily given. Not everyone gives respect.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 09, 2019
JeromeBlack:
Unfortunately, I cannot agree with all of koicereloaded's argument on transgenders.

Trans people have the right to do anything with their bodies. However, they have no right for anyone to demand certain words from people.

While it is the respectful thing to address people by their preferred pronouns, transgender people cannot expect it to be readily given. Not everyone gives respect.

Tsk tsk tsk. I never said it should be readily given, I was particularly clear on this.

I said that it's trangender's civil rights to expect respect from people, just like it's also their civil rights to reciprocate people's disrespect. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Read my comments again.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 09, 2019
losprince:

Of course they have coined a nice name for themselves, now the rest of us get to be speech policed.

Sure, we could drag on this argument and none of us would come out with an updated view, so let's die it (as da Norsemen would say cheesy ). Tho I would like to add that my opinion on the matter doesn't sterm from having a Nigerian mentality (whatever that is), I like to reason and apply logic to things, if something doesn't make sense then it shouldn't be accepted into society no matter how bad it makes people feel- facts don't care about feelings.

You deserve the right to your opinion, and I respect it even if I don't agree with it. That's the difference between you and me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 09, 2019
Not because of the English which I have no issues with by the way, I have never seen him play to the gallery (okay once or twice)

My issue with KoiceReloaded arguments is that the Bros never tries to see from the other person's perspective, he argues to win regardless of whatever you come up with and whoever happens to be on his opposing side is wrong.

JeromeBlack:

Typical Nigerian mentality; "you are speaking too much English".

People like you hardly learn anything new.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 09, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Not because of the English which I have no issues with by the way, I have never seen him play to the gallery (okay once or twice)

My issue with KoiceReloaded arguments is that the Bros never tries to see from the other person's perspective, he argues to win regardless of whatever you come up with and whoever happens to be on his opposing side is wrong.

You've just described everyone (including yourself) that has ever argued about anything,

The principal purpose of argumentation is to influence the thoughts/ideas of the opposition. One side has to be wrong, and the other in the right for an argumentation to occur.

It kinda defeats the whole point of an intelligent discussion if two opposing sides agree on something from the onset, don't you think?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:41am On Sep 09, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Just to add.. There is a growing trend about Transgender and the "alphabet" people in general, they can throw jabs and mock or desecrate other people way of life, or culture or religion without remorse, but immediately you return the favour, they play the victim card or you are termed an "Homophobe". Me particularly don't understand all the choices people make, but i support and respect thier decision because life it's tough enough. But since this whole issh is still alien to some people, don't expect everyone to accept that easily and call you by your reassigned gender..i mean black people have been suffering hate from time in memorial just based on skin colour! and yet are still thriving.. but you went to bed a man and woke up a women and you want everyone to sing kumbaya and doff cap for you...i think not...Tough road ahead.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 09, 2019
How will you influence when you refuse to accept that your opposition might be right and you are wrong.

Even if the chances are 0.00000001%, you have to keep at the back of your mind that you might be wrong and try to see from the perspective of the opposition, it will even help you counter their points seamlessly.

That's how I argue.
KoiceReloaded:

You've just described everyone (including yourself) that has ever argued about anything,

The principal purpose of argumentation is to influence the thoughts/ideas of the opposition. One side has to be wrong, and the other in the right for an argumentation to occur.

It kinda defeats the whole point of an intelligent discussion if two opposing sides agree on something from the onset, don't you think?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 9:24am On Sep 09, 2019
oyaskii:
Just to add.. There is a growing trend about Transgender and the "alphabet" people in general, they can throw jabs and mock or desecrate other people way of life, or culture or religion without remorse, but immediately you return the favour, they play the victim card or you are termed an "Homophobe". Me particularly don't understand all the choices people make, but i support and respect thier decision because life it's tough enough. But since this whole issh is still alien to some people, don't expect everyone to accept that easily and call you by your reassigned gender..i mean black people have been suffering hate from time in memorial just based on skin colour! and yet are still thriving.. but you went to bed a man and woke up a women and you want everyone to sing kumbaya and doff cap for you...i think not...Tough road ahead.

This issue that we giving intellectual exchange is far from this is the US, the trans don't "expect" you to address them by their preferred gender no..
Now they DEMAND it,

This issue lead to a demonstration and protest against Jordan Peterson because he refused to be forced into saying what he finds a mockery to facts,
It even spilled over to the leftist calling for his suspension.

We may take it lightly here but this is a very big issue elsewhere, demonstrations and lawsuits flying all over the place.

Africa could be a shit hole but they are light years ahead of the West when it comes to core values, the kinds of shiit the West tolerate all in the name of being liberal is just alarming.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 9:32am On Sep 09, 2019
pryme:

This issue that we giving intellectual exchange is far from this is the US, the trans don't "expect" you to address them by their preferred gender no..
Now they DEMAND it,

This issue lead to a demonstration and protest against Jordan Peterson because he refused to be forced into saying what he finds a mockery to facts,
It even spilled over to the leftist calling for his suspension.

We may take it lightly here but this is a very big issue elsewhere, demonstrations and lawsuits flying all over the place.

Africa could be a shit hole but they are light years ahead of the West when it comes to core values, the kinds of shiit the West tolerate all in the name of being liberal is just alarming.
this stuff is really sad. It's among the reason I thank God I live in Africa. I personally don't think I can stand such nonsense.

Imagine toasting a girl and she agrees, you go on dates, kiss and the likes, then one day you discover your girl was a man. Gosh!!!.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 09, 2019
Bros, don't ruin my day with this your imagination abeg grin

joseph1832:
this stuff is really sad. It's among the reason I thank God I live in Africa. I personally don't think I can stand such nonsense.

Imagine toasting a girl and she agrees, you go on dates, kiss and the likes, then one day you discover your girl was a man. Gosh!!!.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:31am On Sep 09, 2019
alexistaiwo:
How will you influence when you refuse to accept that your opposition might be right and you are wrong.

Even if the chances are 0.00000001%, you have to keep at the back of your mind that you might be wrong and try to see from the perspective of the opposition, it will even help you counter their points seamlessly.

That's how I argue.

Shut up.

Self righteous hypocrite. Has your homophobic nature changed?

Talking as if you are open minded

(1) (2) (3) ... (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) ... (3871) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.