Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,859 members, 7,876,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:54 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1823) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3856121 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) ... (3872) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 10:18pm On Dec 28, 2019
Stonecoldstare1:
I kinda think midsommar was marketed wrong as an horror flick instead of an artsy psychological movie about karma

Studios tend to do this to draw audiences in. There was nothing scary about the movie. I kinda agree it was weird but watching it with my 6 and 8 year old siblings who ended up laughing at every scene demonstrating their queer customs just reminded me of this fact

it qualifies as psychological horror imho

it's not the kind of horror that jumps out at you.

it's the kind that sneaks up on you and makes you very uneasy.

midsommar didn't scare me but it shocked the hell out of me.

not as much as hereditary shocked me but it did a good job of making me go wtf?!

there is something horrific about naked old women surrounding another naked old woman assisting a roofied naked man have an involuntarily sex with a naked teenage girl.

and that's not the worst thing that happened in that film

it's a solid psychological horror.

not something I will watch with children.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 10:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
Stonecoldstare1:

I mean there was no need in baiting movie watchers. It would still have hit it's mark if it were a psychological flick instead. I loved it and there were some similarities between it and Ari Aster's previous work "hereditary" although it was far predictable than hereditary
In both movies a tragedy happens to the main character like Hereditary the mom’s daughter dies and in MidSommar the girl’s parents dies. In both movies a friend suggests things to get their minds off of it like the friend suggests that the girl goes with them to his homeland in MidSommar and the woman shows the mom Ouija rituals in Hereditary. Turns out that was a set up and that character was part of something bigger like the guy with his people in MidSommar and the woman in her cult in Hereditary. Both movies have the same formula because it’s the same guy. I do give props to MidSommar for unique camera shots and it’s not a terrible bad movie I just rather would watch Hereditary.

hereditary is the better of the two movies, both are solid psychological horrors imho.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 2:39am On Dec 29, 2019
Stonecoldstare1:

Sorry, not highlife per say but there was a movie he did with underlying homoerotic themes. He really did masturbate on set. I'm trying to remember it
That would be The Lighthouse though I haven't seen it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
someone quoted me but got their post hidden. i wonder what they said?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tolu121: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2019
No new movies here undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by solostar1: 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2019
My 2019 best watch
1. Parasite (Korean)
2. Uri: The surgical strike (Indian)
3. Knives out (American)
4. Doctor sleep (American)
Will keep on updating...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Laurene: 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2019
DandeNumeruno:

too good is the right word.
after watching it, I started searching the internet for similar movies mehn.
mysteries are the best.
murder on the orient express
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Laurene: 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2019
losprince:
Alita battle angel 5/10

I don't mean to be rude but this movie was not good angry it's got impressive graphics but the acting and story seems rushed and forced and jumbled together.

While watching my dad walked into my room with a pair of eyes balls in his hands and asked if I drop them, turns out I had rolled my eyes so had they fell off and rolled to his room, freaking him out.
the movie was too good. I think it needs a sequel
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2019
Laurene:
the movie was too good. I think it needs a sequel
I felt the movie was ham-handed and cliche, but I hope a genie grants your wish sweetheart.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Twizzy30(m): 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
Please can someone recommend a site where I can download the Korean movie "parasite"
Please anyone?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tolu121: 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2019
Twizzy30:
Please can someone recommend a site where I can download the Korean movie "parasite"
Please anyone?
pirate-bay.net
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tolu121: 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2019
The two popes and marriage story
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by acedsportsng: 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2019
Knives out 2019

Simply superb. The detective was the exact replica of Sherlock Holmes (from the original novel). Enjoyed every bit

10/10

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 4:41am On Dec 30, 2019
DrDax:

I found Wesley funny in that old movie "To wong foo. Thanks for everything! Julie Newmar", where he played a drag-queen.

The mannerism is just the same with this movie.

You should see it.

And see it I shall
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:09am On Dec 30, 2019
where's koice? undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 8:01am On Dec 30, 2019
hulk616:
Interstellar 10/10

This movie is tooo good. How can you obey the law of physics like 80% and still make a movie very good. This is the same guy that did inception, Batman. Does he have 2 heads?

Go and watch Memento.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 8:03am On Dec 30, 2019
DandeNumeruno:
someone quoted me but got their post hidden. i wonder what they said?
Its me. I tried replying to your post but I was banned
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Greatdesi(m): 8:46am On Dec 30, 2019
2dice01:
Thanks man

But still dont know to download from this particular site for months now

Search the name of the movie on Google and include netnaija in the search terms ...

When you are on netnaija site, click on the second download button, you'll be redirected to another site (download better .com).

That's it, you should find your way from there.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Meklex(m): 9:12am On Dec 30, 2019
acedsportsng:
Knives out 2019

Simply superb. The detective was the exact replica of Sherlock Holmes (from the original novel). Enjoyed every bit

10/10
where can I download it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:35am On Dec 30, 2019
Knives Out..8.5/10
Genre: Comedy, Crime, Drama

A fresh & invigorating take on the Murder Mystery genre. Story was very much original, plausible, interesting & engaging, so much so that it captures your unalloyed attention & doesn't let go until the very end.
Acting was near perfection, most notably Daniel Craig's performance which was sublime. Supberb directing & editing. If you fancied this flick, you might wanna check out Murder Mystery by Adam Sandler & Jennifer Aniston , though it's nowhere near this or as good as this but it's quite a decent flick.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:50am On Dec 30, 2019
Meklex:
where can I download it?
At any cinema near you.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by acedsportsng: 1:07pm On Dec 30, 2019
Meklex:
where can I download it?

Netnaija
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2019
MJBOLT:
where's koice? undecided
Hi there.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
you were missing on the thread
KoiceReloaded:

Hi there.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
Stonecoldstare1:

Its me. I tried replying to your post but I was banned

e lyke sey antispambot banned you again. sorry o. cry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2019
MJBOLT:
you were missing on the thread

Oh, I'm around. I'm semi-active atm.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tolu121: 2:54pm On Dec 30, 2019
Marriage story: 6/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by KusherAbel: 6:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
DandeNumeruno:

hereditary is the better of the two movies, both are solid psychological horrors imho.

I quoted you before but the antispam bot banned me.

Have you watched a cure for wellness?

And if yes, what's your take

(1) (2) (3) ... (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) ... (3872) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: KingdomSermon, TheSuperX(m), Meel and 28 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.